Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 3, 2010 9:37 AM
Sep 2007
I´m glad I decided to watch this.

Utena 2010.
Nov 4, 2010 5:15 PM

Jul 2010
I feel like I've watched the same episode 3 times. I hope episode four changes things up a bit. Random stuff in the beginning, evil guys plotting, fish girl starts singing, then they send in another guy to fight Takuto, he loses, and he gets his wings badge thingy taken away.

Give me a rival for him or something. Show us more of a plot. Please! And another thing: Why is it all of the females in this seduce guys into fighting Takuto, or doing anything else. It's degrading for both genders.

This show is okay, but it hasn't shown me anything groundbreaking yet.
Nov 8, 2010 5:50 PM

Jan 2010
WOAH. for the people who watch subs, anyone else see the despicable me trailer? (:
Nov 17, 2010 4:19 AM

Jan 2010
Rhypo-oniichan said:
Fishgirl's singing is annoying.
You have no taste.
Jan 5, 2011 6:30 PM

Nov 2009
Is it just me or is everyone on that island part of the Crux thing? Or is that the point?
Jan 27, 2011 7:55 AM

Jul 2010
Not to bad
Feb 7, 2011 8:26 AM

Oct 2009
shanimebib said:
"At night? I'm not even getting paid."

Something that came out of the blue from someone like Takuto. A part of his gayness just died with that line. Anyways, great episode! I wonder why Takashi's mask didn't break.

Yeay xD

Well, you see the other guy who asked him ''how was it even when you have the mark?''
Feb 20, 2011 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
So they fight each other every night...? And about the fish girl sing for me it isn't annoying at all
Apr 7, 2011 7:31 AM

Aug 2009
Are they ever going to ake a different approach? I mean, every episode has been the same. Slice of life/school drama, and then random mecha fighting. It's starting to bore me now.
Apr 25, 2011 12:46 PM

Aug 2009
I feel like if I had watched this when it was coming out, it would be a lot more tolerable. I'm still enjoying it, but I feel like I would enjoy it more if it was a weekly thing.

Also, I'm not annoyed by the song. I really like Monochrome. But what gets me is that, when they're powering up their Cybody, they use the same damn animation. EXACTLY THE SAME. I get it, it's pretty. But we don't need to see it every episode.

Other than that, I enjoyed it. I always end up cracking up laughing from how fabulous Takuto gets. I just cannot see him being straight.
Aug 17, 2011 5:27 PM

Mar 2011
Annoyed seeing the same exact snapshot of the giant robot fighter thing looking out into the light...honestly, I was really happy with what the Waka/Wako...?...did at the end. "Kind of." Yeah...that made me smile just a bit :)

ycart59 said:
I always end up cracking up laughing from how fabulous Takuto gets. I just cannot see him being straight.

^LOLZxD
Sep 18, 2011 6:33 PM

Jul 2010
Kuro4735 said:

4/5
Screenshots :D

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!
Kuro4735 said:

very cool looking.
shanimebib said:
Jacut said:
Code Geass : Takuto of the Radiance.

Star Driver - Hangyaku no Takuto :D

Code Takuto: Gurren Laggen of the rebellion
yea its random, deal with it

Sep 18, 2011 6:34 PM

Sep 2011
LoonyLimbo said:
Annoyed seeing the same exact snapshot of the giant robot fighter thing looking out into the light...honestly, I was really happy with what the Waka/Wako...?...did at the end. "Kind of." Yeah...that made me smile just a bit :)

ycart59 said:
I always end up cracking up laughing from how fabulous Takuto gets. I just cannot see him being straight.

^LOLZxD
i think hes bi,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 30, 2011 11:38 PM

Aug 2011
i liked how in this episode the cybody battle wasn't a one hit fight like the last previous ones. that green haired chick is such a tramp.
Nov 20, 2011 5:48 PM

Aug 2011
Same shit happens in EVERY episode.
Same freaking animations happens when they go on their cybodies or whatever.
I don't know why I'm not dropping this anime....
Mar 24, 2012 11:47 PM
Mar 2012
Awesome fights!
May 23, 2012 12:21 PM

Aug 2010
Watanabe is delicious.
Apr 22, 2013 10:09 PM
Aug 2011
shanimebib said:
"At night? I'm not even getting paid."

That was one sassy line.
Jun 8, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2009
Listening to Wako does make a person fall in love, only I didn't fall in love with Wako. I fell in love with Hayami Saori-san!! ^^

The Galactic Pretty Boy is so corny IMO. It is ridiculous... -__-

Jun 18, 2013 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
Mhmm.

Two swords, you're cheating bro.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 24, 2013 3:47 AM
May 2012
Watanabe is hot too bad she's a
Nov 3, 2013 6:01 PM
Mar 2013
Iri said:
Kirito said:
This whole formulaic

1. Internal politics of shadowy organization
  2. Challenger enters Cybercasket
  3. Insert Song + Transformation Sequence
  4. Flashy shallow battle where the defender of justice prevails.

thing is getting old quickly. It's great the creators love Utena, it was pretty cool and all, but Utena was fucking REVOLUTIONARY; this desperate copycat is not.
In addition to those features, I rather enjoyed watching the particular dynamics of repetitive visual ticks during the student council meeting, the idea of swords being drawn from one's breast, the underlying motif of women as a type of property, the necessity of an "emblem" as a requisite for dueling (after engaging a complex mechanical process to gain access to the arena), and the fact that the head villain (or at least the person who has the best idea what is going on here) is in an almost constant state of recline. Also, the comic-relief intelligent pet sidekick (whose whole purpose at times seems to be to take abuse) was a refreshing touch. Much better than the first episode, where the hero defeated an arrogant, green-haired, mid-level thug in order to free the heroine from captivity, while upsetting the balance of their underground world in the process.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love Utena. I checked this out because I had heard about the similarities to Utena. However, I went in expecting an original show with similar themes - not a messy, chaotic pastiche. I might check out another episode or two to see if it eventually develops its own identity, but so far, I'm not hopeful.
Feb 15, 2014 4:34 PM

Jun 2008
Er... so far 3 episodes with the exact format. I hope something changes soon.

Although I love the art + animation when they're in that twilight zone.
Feb 27, 2014 4:33 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Same old story, in a sense, when it comes to storytelling, but some small little step in the plot as there is in the characterization.
Pretty funny and enjoyable episode, with that last exchange of opinion between the loser and the leader of the bad guys, that intrigued me a lot.
Good designs, I like them, have a nice character design. The animations are pretty smooth and error-free.
The mecha with his sword was pretty cute, too bad too little harsh confrontation.

P.S. at times it was quite original narrative, such as the fact of exchanging effusions in each episode! LOL
Sep 9, 2014 6:47 AM

May 2012
Not bad, quite action filled episode however I do feel like this is getting quite repetitive, I do hope they bring various changes in the future of the story in how they actually dual!
Mar 26, 2015 4:40 PM

Feb 2012
A twist on the idol Catchrphrase

Phase 1 was inactive cybodies and they entered phase 2 by doing something to the northern shrine maiden.

Phase 2 Star Drivers need to use the electric bier to pilot Cyborides but Takuto is a phase 3 Star Driver so he can pilot Tauburn using his own movements.
Fortress_MaximusApr 3, 2021 9:08 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 29, 2016 9:27 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode, best do far :)
Apr 19, 2016 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
Can we break the cycle of the baddy of the week? And what did that guy mean went he said takashi had an emblem?
May 6, 2016 7:19 PM

Mar 2014
That sword style is so good ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2016 10:20 AM

Mar 2016
Episode 3 was another lackluster one like the one prior. Since I know it's development however it's not a pain to sit through.

Am I the only one who doesnt feel anything for Wako? It's like she has no personality. I don't necessarily dislike or like her very much. She exists and I feel nothing of it. That's something that bothers me.
At least I don't hate her.

The Monochrome song played again, and I knew it would, but it didn't make me feel any less disappointed. They had something special using that song for the first transformation scene, but using it over and over again is really gonna get old fast especially since this series is 25 episodes...

I still love Takuto.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2017 6:29 AM

Jul 2008
I get the story fine so far, I'd like a little more depth though.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 3, 2011

242 by Alvie48xi »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.