Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2010 1:37 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is some funny shit. Too bad it's just a two episode OVA. I would love a TV-anime adaptation of the entire manga.
Dec 9, 2010 8:15 PM

Mar 2009
That certainly wasn't enough. It ended so abruptly. Adapting the entire manga into a complete series would be good.
Feb 15, 2011 6:03 PM

Apr 2009
Ah it ended in a cliffhanger. I agree with everyone here, it would be interesting as a TV series. I laughed my ass off whenever people around him misinterpret his actions/intentions just like Captain Buggy in the current anime arc of One Piece.
tofeiFeb 15, 2011 6:09 PM
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 19, 2011 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
Funny OAV, too bad thats all there was.

Apr 3, 2011 5:03 PM

Feb 2008
its alright as its own ova, but as an adaptation it fails. Especially the voice actors they chose, their voices didn't match their characters at all.
Jul 19, 2011 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
Haha luved it ^^
Aug 13, 2011 1:13 PM

Dec 2008
had hoped there was some sequal to this, nice show
Aug 22, 2011 5:26 PM

Jul 2007
I want more.
Aug 23, 2011 1:44 PM

Mar 2011
kyrie_kyo said:
had hoped there was some sequal to this, nice show

Read the manga, the ova only covers a lil.
Sep 1, 2011 8:04 PM

Sep 2010
hahah what was that creepy screaming for xD
Sep 2, 2011 6:59 PM

Oct 2010
berocent said:
hahah what was that creepy screaming for xD

I rather call that squealing tbh
Still fun stuff... to bad is so short
huh?
Jan 11, 2012 11:52 AM
Jun 2011
wtf only 2 ovas-.-pfff dont understand why they dont make more. when its frinking fun
May 5, 2012 5:55 PM

Dec 2011
KIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!
There is a limit to how clueless someone can be. Only the scream was hilarious.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Jun 6, 2012 11:14 AM
Dec 2011
What an amazing ova i laughed so much and the main character is really something.

but it ended stupidly so 9/10 overall
Nov 18, 2012 6:10 PM
Aug 2007
Yeh, some of the voice choices were questionable, but overall it was a great adaptation of the introductory arcs of Angel Densetsu, and does a really good job of hooking the viewer into the show in the hope they pick up the manga for the rest of the story (especially with that cliffhanger ending).

Too bad it only covered a tiny amount of the story because IMO it is perfect for a 26 (or maybe 52) episode anime, it really has everything to become an excellent anime :/
Mar 15, 2013 6:59 PM

May 2012
Damn so fucking epic I just love how he misinterpreted almost everything xD Just geniusly put together it's actually quite sad they didn't got a sequel on this! This is just gold! 9/10
Jun 21, 2013 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
It was pretty good but I wished it had more episodes, I also feel like the ending was messed up as it was showing Ryoko's father at the end and he doesn't appear for another 15 or so chapters after the introductions. It was pretty good seeing Kitano regardless.
Sep 10, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
Lmao i wish there were more episodes XD
Oct 29, 2014 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
Damn that was really great and brilliantly done.

Tbh I just got to give Toei more credit, I tend to judge by their lastet garbages, but looking back in time they really did some great shows.
Dec 11, 2014 2:16 AM

Nov 2011
Too short damn, just when it was getting better, i'm surprised Royko only appeared at the end and best girl Ikuno didn't even show up, let's hope for a full adaptation some time in future cause this is the funniest thing i've ever read in my life.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 14, 2015 7:19 AM

Dec 2011
Incredibly funny
Feb 7, 2015 7:51 AM
Dec 2009
I watched this twice, it certainly made me laugh several times. It's a shame they didn't continue adapting this series until the end as I'm not a manga reader.. sigh
May 1, 2015 5:54 AM

Jan 2013
checked this out after reading the manga and I must say they really nailed the way Kitano screams and runs at people. Wish they had adapted more of this
Oct 4, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2015
This is a great comedy. I hope they will make a continuation.
Jan 1, 2016 11:36 PM

Nov 2014
jacobpaige said:
its alright as its own ova, but as an adaptation it fails. Especially the voice actors they chose, their voices didn't match their characters at all.

Kitano's VA is perfect for him IMO especially the...screeching
choyos said:
<!--quote--><div class="quotetext"><strong>berocent said:</strong><!--quotesaid--><br>hahah what was that creepy screaming for xD<!--quote--></div><br />
I rather call that squealing tbh<br />
Still fun stuff... to bad is so short

Lmao maybe "screeching"?
Feb 15, 2016 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
I'll keep Kitano's voice and screeching in mind for when I start the manga.
May 26, 2016 10:32 AM

Jun 2015
I feel sorry for the guy. Everyone is scared of him just because of his looks and that crazy panicked scream is beyond description. I want more. This gets 7 only because it's short but I would definitely give a full TV series 8 or even 9.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 2, 2016 1:56 PM

Feb 2016
Rance-sama said:
It was pretty good but I wished it had more episodes, I also feel like the ending was messed up as it was showing Ryoko's father at the end and he doesn't appear for another 15 or so chapters after the introductions. It was pretty good seeing Kitano regardless.
but they only show ryoko walking in the hall , beofre she turn around and look at kitano
Where did you see her father :/
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jun 2, 2016 6:17 PM

Jan 2013
hisokathebutcher said:
Rance-sama said:
but they only show ryoko walking in the hall , beofre she turn around and look at kitano

It's been 3 years since I've watched this anime, I honestly don't much about the story anymore.
Jun 3, 2016 4:22 AM

Feb 2016
Rance-sama said:
hisokathebutcher said:

It's been 3 years since I've watched this anime, I honestly don't much about the story anymore.

hahaha i forgot to look at the time of your comment
Yeah nevermind , though they didn't show him , just saying
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jul 7, 2016 2:38 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Too bad that there's no continuation. 7/10 Kitano is Zetsu by the way.

Jun 25, 2017 4:21 PM

Dec 2015
Awesome episode once again. Kitano should really learn to stop screeching the way he does xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 4, 2017 8:33 AM

Jun 2013
Why Lord, why hasn't this been adapted for an entire tv show?
Dec 26, 2017 12:57 AM

Dec 2013
It's easy to say that they "should have" adapted the entire series into an anime, but the OVAs aired in 1996. The manga went on from 1992 to 2000, so we were just about half-way through the story at the time. Either the OVAs didn't get much love at the time or didn't make money, the best case would have been a 13 episode series covering what was released at the time. As unfortunate as it is, no studio would ever pick up a completed manga, especially not one that is as old as this one is. Even though Angel Densetsu is considered to be great by many now, maybe it wasn't the case back then or it was even more underrated or unknown at the time. I figure the author's second work, Claymore, is what drew people's attention to Angel Densetsu in the first place, and with that, the manga got spread around as a recommendation in recent years.

As for the OVAs themselves, I enjoyed them for what they were. I haven't watched many older shows, but I really enjoyed this one. Maybe it's because I read the manga first, but I certainly was interested in the series since the first chapter, so the OVA still would have caught my interest.
Jan 4, 2018 2:20 PM

Oct 2015
I wonder why they did this ova with little EPs because I thought it was beyond great for a full series. It just ended suddenly with that girl in the hallway, yeah I guess they wanted to bait us to read the manga. I must say the got me intrigued to what's gonna happen next, so manta it is.

8/10 for this one.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 5, 2018 10:34 PM

Jan 2014
this is so funny, I wish they made it into series in this era with new graphics tho.
Feb 23, 2019 1:28 PM

Apr 2016
I went into this series completely thinking it's going to be a meme and overall shitty. But man, this was really nice. Wish there was more to this, I would love to watch more.
Feb 24, 2019 8:16 AM
Feb 2019
Awesome anime please upload more episodes...
Feb 24, 2019 9:32 PM

Nov 2015
kamisaka said:
It's easy to say that they "should have" adapted the entire series into an anime, but the OVAs aired in 1996. The manga went on from 1992 to 2000, so we were just about half-way through the story at the time. Either the OVAs didn't get much love at the time or didn't make money, the best case would have been a 13 episode series covering what was released at the time. As unfortunate as it is, no studio would ever pick up a completed manga, especially not one that is as old as this one is. Even though Angel Densetsu is considered to be great by many now, maybe it wasn't the case back then or it was even more underrated or unknown at the time. I figure the author's second work, Claymore, is what drew people's attention to Angel Densetsu in the first place, and with that, the manga got spread around as a recommendation in recent years.

As for the OVAs themselves, I enjoyed them for what they were. I haven't watched many older shows, but I really enjoyed this one. Maybe it's because I read the manga first, but I certainly was interested in the series since the first chapter, so the OVA still would have caught my interest.
No, really, this OVA was really very good regardlesss of one's knowledge of the manga. This deserves a full proper adaptation if that's still possible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2019 3:56 AM

May 2016
This one has quite some charm to it and I had a lot of fun watching this amusing twist to the usual school delinquent anime. It was short and sweet and I also wanted more of it to be adapted even if it's unlikely.

He'd been through so much punches just to give back a wallet and he actually succeeded in doing so only after he had accidentally beaten up the strongest guy from their worst rival school. I can only imagine how far his legend will spread as new threats gather around him. I'll have to read the manga very soon, that's for sure!

Mar 18, 2019 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
It look as if they wanna doing more chapters or something. The ending just reminds you that manga exists XDDD
Apr 29, 2019 7:19 PM

Sep 2018
Eh, I don't quite understand why this one is so highly liked. I didn't find it very funny and found the premise pretty stupid. I feel like it would have been better if it had focused more on him trying to make friends rather than the "delinquent story with a twist" it turned out to be. In my opinion it's just another mediocre unfinished OVA that deserves to stay that way.
KristiwazhereApr 29, 2019 7:23 PM
May 2, 2019 3:28 AM

Jul 2017
kandi_gloss said:
Eh, I don't quite understand why this one is so highly liked. I didn't find it very funny and found the premise pretty stupid. I feel like it would have been better if it had focused more on him trying to make friends rather than the "delinquent story with a twist" it turned out to be. In my opinion it's just another mediocre unfinished OVA that deserves to stay that way.

I'd like to, at the same time, agree and disagree with you. I find the premise quite good and really funny, however, the question is how long it can last, as the gag that is repeated over and over quickly loses its impact. So perhaps it's a good idea the anime ended on a high note. Of course I haven't read the manga so I can't tell if the premise was successful till the end, but I enjoyed the ova for what it was.
May 2, 2019 5:46 PM

Sep 2018
Yaaki said:
kandi_gloss said:

I'd like to, at the same time, agree and disagree with you. I find the premise quite good and really funny, however, the question is how long it can last, as the gag that is repeated over and over quickly loses its impact. So perhaps it's a good idea the anime ended on a high note. Of course I haven't read the manga so I can't tell if the premise was successful till the end, but I enjoyed the ova for what it was.

Personally I found the gag wore out it's welcome by like half way through the first episode. Also I think it would have worked better if they did more with it, maybe have a plot line where he strugles to find friends rather than just have him become an instant accidental gang boss. In hindsight my problem with this is less the premise/gag and more that what they did with it was just too shallow.
Feb 26, 2020 2:49 PM

Aug 2016
Still no TV series for this, truly sad boy hours.

Just watched it for the first time and man this guy is so wholesome it hurts
Mar 29, 2020 8:08 AM

Aug 2018
It was too quick to see end, Manga is way longer than animu.
Apr 3, 2020 10:01 AM

May 2017
-Love kitano /angel densetsu
Jun 12, 2020 1:01 PM
Apr 2018
The girl has a va but we never heard her speak? Would love to get a full anime adaptation of this.
Jul 15, 2020 6:52 AM

Mar 2020
i lost my shit when this mf started screaming lmao i was waiting for him to scream WRYYYY
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Aug 23, 2020 1:05 AM

Dec 2013
I think aside from his face, his screams are scary too. I feel bad when he was punched although he has good intentions of just returning a wallet. This is really funny and I hope there's a full length adaptation. But will read the manga instead.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Angel Densetsu - OVA.

XadowMonzter - Oct 26, 2013

12 by YahiyaX777L »»
May 3, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Angel Densetsu Episode 1 Discussion

crazyspinz - Jul 6, 2011

29 by Ashhk »»
Feb 7, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.