Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 26, 2010 8:19 AM
Jun 2008
reikuu- said:
My prediction in Megumi's grave is that her body is missing. Dunno, just a random prediction.
If you predict this way, then i will bet on the other side. Megumi's body is still inside the coffin because the news of her being vampire has been spread .Tatsumi will do something about it.
Aug 26, 2010 4:01 PM

Aug 2010
MorningGlory said:
reikuu- said:
My prediction in Megumi's grave is that her body is missing. Dunno, just a random prediction.
If you predict this way, then i will bet on the other side. Megumi's body is still inside the coffin because the news of her being vampire has been spread .Tatsumi will do something about it.

Tatsumi will do something about it, but not that.

Aug 27, 2010 2:02 AM

Jan 2010
so the whiny emo kid's back :\

cliffhanger...too bad cuz episode 8 already aired >:)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 27, 2010 12:49 PM

Mar 2010
That freak Masao..I was so happy when he died..But he had to ressurect..I hope he doesn't eat Natsuno..
But seriously now, this anime was pretty slow but now i can't get my eyes off of it.It is totally amazing..
Aug 28, 2010 12:07 AM

Jul 2008
at least masao proves for a few secs he isn't as big a jerk as he is
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 28, 2010 3:44 AM

Apr 2009
Where exactly?
Aug 31, 2010 7:15 AM

Oct 2007
Ugh why did they have to bring Masao back?=_= Really good episode though, I was looking forward to some development on the vampires' side. Definitely best anime this season!
Sep 2, 2010 10:57 PM

Jan 2010
kch33 said:
Somebody please cut off Masao head! xD

^this. LOL xD
Sep 4, 2010 10:00 AM
Jul 2010
What interests me is not everyone makes it through the process. I should have known that earliar from previous vampire novels I've read but it just slipped my mind this time. I just hope Tohru is one of them that comes back X3
Anyone who is a fantastic gif maker please contact me! ;)
Sep 11, 2010 7:16 PM
Jun 2010
lol cat dude explaining to the weird dude how vampire works. Cat dude can stand in the sun, he must be a super vampire or something. At least he was good enough to give him a glass of blood :)

Sep 13, 2010 12:02 AM

Oct 2008
Holy crap, waking up in a grave is my greatest fear. O___O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 13, 2010 5:33 PM

Oct 2009
"What interests me is not everyone makes it through the process."

What I find amazing is that they allow so many of their victims too become vampires. You would think that they would want to keep the numbers low, so they could avoid detection easier, and their blood supply would last much longer. They could easily cut off their heads or stake them to keep them from rising.

Sep 17, 2010 5:26 PM

Jul 2009
Woah, really interesting! That cat guy is so cool lol XD. First part let us know a lot more about the whole process and such. Second part they go to dig up the grave ... I bet she'll still be in there because the cat guy will know :P
Sep 20, 2010 2:08 PM

Feb 2010
That cat guy freaks me out...and this whole anime's freaking me out. o___o
I usually don't watch vampire-related animes..but..I think I"ll keep watching
because I"m interested in if Megumi-chan's body will still be in her coffin..
I wonder what will happen..to Natsuno..because something's bound to happen..

Will the whole village slowly disappear as they slowly try to uncover the mystery of vampires? Will it...be to late when they finally realize what's going on...?

(I like Natsuno :D <3
Idk why..but Megumi liking Natsuno makes me want to like him too. rofl.
e______e
even though, he's not really my type. )
Sep 23, 2010 6:37 AM

Aug 2010
Lol I loved this episode. Masao is back and he's already trying to whine <3 luckly for us he can't talk yet. I'm wondering who is gonna be Masao's first victim (I have few ppl in mind though). This is getting more and more interesting.
Loving this anime a lot so far <3
Sep 30, 2010 5:00 PM

Mar 2010
ok now dig well things actually feel like there is a story line

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 1, 2010 8:29 AM

May 2010
Its getting interesting..

Also, Shki's OP is really catchy that I want to see it everytime I face my PC..
Oct 5, 2010 3:33 AM

May 2010
This episode was pretty much just about Masao...but I didn't hate him this time. I actually felt bad for him. I don't know how to feel about that.

I am very pleased with how this series is turning out. I wasn't thrilled with it at first but I really love it now! :D
Oct 6, 2010 10:32 AM

Aug 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

I just wish they came out to dig her grave at night.

haha thought the same thing... :P but i guess they aren't as stupid as that!

anywayz i freakin loved this episode. I came to start loving this series, cause it takes itslef seriously. i'm glad it tries to make things as realistic as possible. for example the way Masao awakened as a vampire.. it wasn't just like "boom! now i'm a vampire" kind of thingy. they put so much thought behind each thing and that's what i appreciate the most. same thing with how poeple are coming up with the realisation of the existance of abnormal being such as vampires. i love this sense of realism into this.
And the art being unique as it is adds so much more to the whole atmosphere. the art doesn't have to be 'realistic' in this show, this Tim Burton-like figures serve their purpose well.
All in all it gets so freakin awesome in every new episode that I think it's gonna become my favourite anime of this fall.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 31, 2010 7:09 AM

Dec 2009
Inarius said:
zimno said:
MA-MA-MASAO...

At first I thought he was an old lady XD
Nov 9, 2010 6:12 PM

Mar 2010
All around, pretty climactic episode. I really liked it. Well, I ''loved'', it. Anyway, not much else to say. Looking forward to the next!
Nov 12, 2010 12:47 AM

Apr 2010
Masao is pathetic, as usual.
Nov 15, 2010 10:08 PM
Nov 2010
Masao was a cruel and childish brat when he was alive. He's mostly a pathetic coward and that's what makes it funny. I mean, hey, he's just a loser. I actually know someone who is just like him in real life.
Dec 23, 2010 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
I hate that Masao become the living-ones.
Wondering if that blue-haired guy who heard the talk between Kaori, her brother and Natsuno will prepare somehow Megumi's coffin.
Jan 3, 2011 7:10 AM
Jul 2010
Jaymie said:
ARRRRGHHHHHH. It's alive!!

Anyway, pretty slow episode, but it was probably the best so far. I'm just depressed about how that THING came back to life.

Totally. I wanted Masao to STAY DEAD. Is that too much to ask for...

Anyway, it's was nice to have some exposition about the vampires. So, not everyone comes back to life hum? Pretty interesting.

What I love about this show is how realistic the character reactions seem. Masao reacted as anyone would after knowing he had come back from the dead (well, maybe a little more pathetically but he is pathetic), Kaori didn't take digging up her friend's grave lightly and everyone who's already realized what's going one didn't just accept it right away. That alone can make this anime satisfying to watch.
Jan 4, 2011 3:49 PM

Aug 2009
Again, I seem to be the only one thinking that Masao actually has the potential to be 'good', especially since he's on the other side.

Come on you cruel people. He's just a terrified ill kid.
Feb 24, 2011 1:14 AM

Oct 2010
I dont understand why anyone would ever want to put a character like masao in there story. He/she is so gross
Mar 3, 2011 1:23 AM

Feb 2009
DIG HER OUT,NATSUNO!!! I just hope that the "exceptional" vampire haven't put some other corpse in there.

k0k0 said:
Again, I seem to be the only one thinking that Masao actually has the potential to be 'good', especially since he's on the other side.

Come on you cruel people. He's just a terrified ill kid.

Well,if he stoped acting like a douche,he would prolly be fine.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 4, 2011 3:12 AM

Aug 2008
Having a day walker in the group obviously has its advantages for the vampires. He's really been putting in work by the looks of things. I'm not surprised either at how wimpy a vampire Masao turned out to be. Then again most people would probably be a quivering mass in that situation.

I'm glad to see that a few of the characters are starting to grasp the situation. It can't be easy to admit to yourself, let alone others, that you think vampires are running around killing people.

Apr 23, 2011 3:02 AM

Oct 2010
That scene with Masao pounding the coffin. I've always imagined something like it. Never thought I would actually see it, though. It was scary .__.

When Masao drew out his fangs, I actually thought he was going to bite that kid. Then he goes to drink the glass of blood instead. Lol.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 9, 2011 10:52 AM

Oct 2010
this was another hooking episode, lets see if megumi is in her grave...
Aug 11, 2011 8:22 PM

Mar 2011
I would not want to wake up buried alive.

Next episode should be interesting with the 'grave robbing'.
Jan 22, 2012 1:00 PM

Apr 2009
ReaperEXE said:
Anyone else reminded of "Interview with the Vampire"? (´_ゝ`)
now that you mention it...
May 7, 2012 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
Seriously..Masao is scaring the fuck out of me right now
Jun 6, 2012 5:11 PM

Dec 2009
I`ve just got used to the animation and can`t stop watching this series now! It`s very, very good!..
Jul 26, 2012 7:53 PM

Jul 2011
Finally! A vampire with conscious !

communiist said:
I dont understand why anyone would ever want to put a character like masao in there story. He/she is so gross

Agree!
Jul 30, 2012 11:27 AM

Jul 2009
i guess if you really REALLY can't explain a Phenomenon, sometimes you have to think outside of reality for once.

man Masao guy is one sick crazy bastard.

finally Ozaki clearing his head and asking Muroi's help politely.

they're now digging Megumi's grave O______O

can't wait for the next episode.

it's getting better as we speak :)
SomaHeirJul 30, 2012 11:30 AM
Aug 1, 2012 6:12 AM

Feb 2011
I hate being cliffhanged at the end :(
Sep 24, 2012 7:22 PM

Sep 2012
They will unearth her...now things got serious.
Oct 1, 2012 5:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What's with all the guys with Nekko hair?!!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 29, 2012 2:23 AM

May 2012
Ended with a great cliffhanger! Now finally everything is starting up the idea of them being vampires has now been used by a couple of people including the doctor, lets see how this will evolve to the final plot!
Nov 4, 2012 1:26 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty good episode.

This episode went in detail about the vampires, though their just like every other vampire out there, nothing special really. xD
Dec 9, 2012 9:04 PM

Feb 2011
Masao really creeps me out. *shivers* I wonder if he would have more readily attacked the kid if the kid had been his nephew instead (assuming of course, his nephew hadn't died). That would have given a lot of insight on how legit all of his hatred was. My guess is that his first victim of choice will be Natsuno, that is if he can pull his creepy self together.

I'm thinking most of the people coming back from the dead have some sort of major regret or unfinished business: Megumi with Natsuno, Masao with his millions of issues. Which means we'd see Tohru again since he never was able to confess to Ritsuko.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.
Dec 12, 2012 5:48 AM

Nov 2011
This should be checkmate for Megumi if they can dig fast enough.

If Megumi isn't there, they win, if Megumi is there, she will die of the sunlight and they will still win. If Megumi is there but already killed by the other vampires due to leaked information in order to keep their secret, then he doesn't have to worry about Megumi anymore.

In all these scenarios, they win in some sense. But they have to dig fast enough before it gets dark D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 3, 2013 9:25 PM

Jan 2013
Exciting
Feb 25, 2013 12:53 PM

Jan 2012
Shit is going down in next episode. Can't wait to watch it.

Mar 20, 2013 3:42 PM
Jan 2012
Yay, Masao is back. He is a bit annoying, but funny at the same time and I love his voice actor.

Wonder why the monk seems reluctant about the vampire thing...
Jun 27, 2013 9:33 PM

Aug 2008
I believe Masao will be the key point to kill the vampire!

I'm scared of the wolf-man-vampire! I hope he won't interfere Natsuno-tachi!
Jul 11, 2013 3:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
DarkShards said:
This should be checkmate for Megumi if they can dig fast enough.

If Megumi isn't there, they win, if Megumi is there, she will die of the sunlight and they will still win. If Megumi is there but already killed by the other vampires due to leaked information in order to keep their secret, then he doesn't have to worry about Megumi anymore.

Lol not sure why, but for some reason this made me laugh :)

I guess despite Masao not being such a great guy, he still has some morals, like not killing people because he has to drink their blood. All the other vampires are able to do so without hesitating, I think, yet Masao did. Wonder if he'll really turn into one of them. And why do the real vampires, the cat hair guy, want more vampires running around? What is their goal? I mean if they need to drink blood, then it would be best not to have so much competition and drain out a whole village right? So there must be more to this. This is getting pretty exciting, especially because both Natsuno and Toshio have the same conclusion but are going about it in different ways.
Dec 3, 2013 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
tingy said:
And why do the real vampires, the cat hair guy, want more vampires running around? What is their goal? I mean if they need to drink blood, then it would be best not to have so much competition and drain out a whole village right?

I know right? Hope there's a good explanation for this instead of them just wanting more vampire buddies xD
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.