Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2012 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
of a character? Why??? That's stupid... they already put the comment boxes on voice actors... why haven't people bashed them?
And can't people just click 'report' on a comment?
Aug 23, 2013 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
So I took notice that we can comment on our favorite people, but not characters nor our favorite series unless we write a review, recommendation, or an entire thread.. Why is that so? I really think that there Thould be an comment section.

I thought of some pro's and con's
Here they are:

Pro:
-interaction with people with common intrest.
-a place where people can discuss they're favorite series with out having to open an entire thread dedicated to it.
-Reviews can be more legible.
-It can be good for recommendations.

Con:
-Flame wars.... that's it. (I.e Naruto fans and Bleach fans)

There's comments for clubs, profiles, and favorite people why not the characters? I see why you guys would avoid it due to some people having insufficient amounts of KB their allowed to use, and other purposes. But consider it.

Side note for the mods: I have no idea if this has been discussed at all.
Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu DE-F%#@ING-SU ~ yo!

I make bad videos, if you have nothing better to do then here:
My Channel Because Shameless Promotion and Self-Shaming It Will Make It Look Less Shameless

Aug 23, 2013 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
SubPyroFlow said:
tuiddlestix said:
Personally, I wouldn't mind it as long as I don't have to see it.

So basically, you would want it to be displayed only if enabled to do so, like the "Show Spoiler" tag?
That sounds reasonable.

That's really reasonable if I may say so. If we can post but contain all spoilers. Like you wouldn't need them for things like "I love (insert character name here) he/she/it is awesome" but like big plot and little plot twist. I think I'd be pretty nice.

My Channel Because Shameless Promotion and Self-Shaming It Will Make It Look Less Shameless

Aug 23, 2013 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
Diran-kun said:
I think it should happen, but we would need heavy moderation for spoilers, and moderators have enough to do with the current 'hacking' events.

I do support the idea, but don't see it happening.

Additionally, I would cry every time I visit Louise's page because of the sheer amount of hate.

There has to be a system on how it can work,... So there would be no spoilers... hmmmm

Oct 25, 2013 7:30 AM
Sep 2013
CallMeKurisuchan said:
There has to be a system on how it can work,... So there would be no spoilers... hmmmm

I was actually just going to post this suggestion myself. I see no reason why keeping character comments hidden as spoilers by default wouldn't work. Right now, the only real way to do this without having to write a review is to create a forum thread for the character. Unfortunately, this can often lead to spoilers in just the threads subject, unintentional or not. Example; while looking on an anime forum for the current episodes discussion thread I happened to notice a thread that mentioned the "fate" of the character. It was listed as spoilers, but whenever the word fate is used it's a safe bet to assume some kind of tragedy is going to occur, and as it turned out, the character died. Due to assuming the worst after reading that subject the event had significantly less of an impact on me. The ability to post comments on a characters page would have easily prevented this from happening at all.
Oct 26, 2013 10:36 AM

Mar 2013
I just saw that quite a lot of posts were removed on this thread, mine included. Wouldn't really know the reason behind that, nor it was explained by the Mods.

All in all, as I believe I've said before, we have this for People, wouldn't see the reason why we shouldn't have the same for Characters, possibly even Anime and Manga. However, as I've said, the whole display of the comments should be made optional, and not forced.

In the end, I agree with the idea overall, if it would include a bit of for-only-those-who-want-it features. :)
Dec 28, 2013 5:09 PM
Oct 2008
Just like with seiyuu.

Many times after finishing an anime I wanted to talk about/just comment particular character, but from what i see, you can only comment seiyuu. There is very little character specific threads and there are always buried on the bottom of forum category.

Also if ppl like that character, someone in comment section can suggest an anime that has a character with similar personality or sth like that.

For example if you liked Tsuna from KHR you'd like Jacuzzi from Baccano. Character recommendation (and it was suggested many times) would have been better in this case, but comments are easier to be done. I can even code it for you :).
Dec 28, 2013 5:26 PM

Nov 2010
Well that's a no go. That's at least 200,000 character pages that would be impossible to moderate. There would be tons of spoilers, especially if the character dies.
Dec 28, 2013 5:30 PM

Feb 2013
You can comment on the episode, I think that's enough.
Dec 28, 2013 5:45 PM

Aug 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Well that's a no go. That's at least 200,000 character pages that would be impossible to moderate. There would be tons of spoilers, especially if the character dies.

Basically this. It would be utter chaos.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Dec 28, 2013 7:00 PM

Mar 2008
You always have the option of creating a club for a particular character you'd like to discuss, if they don't have one already. Some clubs are quite inactive, but if a character is popular enough, it may be worth a shot.

For a less popular character, you can check out a list of users who have favorited him/her and maybe drop them a comment. They may enjoy going back and forth with you about the character they've favorited, especially when they discover that there's actually someone else out their who fancies them. (Hei has many favorites, but I've chosen to use him as an example since he tops your favorite characters list).

Tomaton said:
Also if ppl like that character, someone in comment section can suggest an anime that has a character with similar personality or sth like that.
A topic was recently made about this.

Dec 28, 2013 8:30 PM
Oct 2008
Hmm, maybe you've got a point there. But why would someone comment some minor, one episode character? Is there any point in doing that? I mean in short series (12-26 eps) there's very little characters at all so all of them are potentially good characters and worth commenting, but you can't spoil much about them at all, cause there's not much time for them to die anyway. In over 26 eps series you've usually few major characters and very minor characters and here could be a problem with spoiling... ah damn...
There could always be a warning to not post spoilers, if someone does, ppl will report his/her comment. It's not so hard to maintain it (I know from my own experience) if you plan it wisely.

If not doing this, I'd focus on character recommendations then... as I said earlier, I could help with that... but before implanting whole new feature I guess the recommendation system needs an update... maybe instead of writing differences and similarities down, it could just use tags... same ppl use when they write review (plot: story, pacing, atmosphere; characters: mostly their design i guess; art, et cetera)... damn it's too late for me to write this... I'll rethink this tomorrow (it's 5:30 am here) and bla bla bla good night
Dec 28, 2013 8:57 PM

Nov 2010
That doesn't matter, that's still like over 100,000 pages that now have spots for comments, which means they need to be moderated. And someone can post spoilers on those characters pages. Even if people report spoilers, being that they are character profiles and there are more characters than anime or manga on the site, that will be too damn hard to moderate. There's not a need for character page comments.
Dec 28, 2013 9:02 PM

Mar 2012
Ramen said:
You always have the option of creating a club for a particular character you'd like to discuss, if they don't have one already. Some clubs are quite inactive, but if a character is popular enough, it may be worth a shot.

For a less popular character, you can check out a list of users who have favorited him/her and maybe drop them a comment. They may enjoy going back and forth with you about the character they've favorited, especially when they discover that there's actually someone else out their who fancies them. (Hei has many favorites, but I've chosen to use him as an example since he tops your favorite characters list).
I'm agree witn you. For example my favorite character Est have only 18 favorite. By using this at least I found a user who have a same interest as me and we sometimes exchange a comment.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 3, 2014 7:06 PM
Oct 2008
Ok, you can close the topic then. Also, thanks for suggestions ^^.
Jan 5, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2008
Wish it was possible to make comments on the character pages, like how it's possible to do it on the VA pages.

Jan 5, 2014 12:03 PM

Mar 2008
This idea was being discussed a little earlier here.

Jun 12, 2014 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
I would like to comment on different characters in myanimelist.You can already comment people but it would be nice to comment on characters .

What do you think ?
Jun 12, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2009
You can leave character comments on anime-planet
Jun 12, 2014 7:30 AM

Jul 2012
This has been suggested before, please remember to search boards for the same or similar threads before posting. :)

Here are a couple similar suggestions I found:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=714797
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=721915

I don't think this feature will ever happen (and hopefully not, for my sake), its not really that beneficial. Many spoilers would be post on character pages and it would require a whole new lot of moderator work for such a small feature. People would also troll the pages like no tomorrow.
SnakesJun 12, 2014 10:04 AM
Jun 14, 2014 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
I undestand the point about spoilers but I would like it.
Jun 16, 2014 9:40 AM

Jul 2012
jfturku said:
I undestand the point about spoilers but I would like it.
If if didn't require a whole bunch more moderation then I wouldn't see a problem, but honestly I think it really would.. :(
Jan 18, 2015 9:58 PM

Dec 2014
I've noticed that we can comment on voice actors/actresses. For anime/manga there's reviews and most have episode by episode discussions on the forums.
But what I realized was that there's no way to discuss characters from anime or manga.
May 15, 2015 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
Since there's a comment section for VAs, I think it would be neat if there was also one for characters. Getting to see some people's opinions on characters would be nice.
May 15, 2015 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
I disagree, it will just be filled with bashing, especially for the popular characters (i.e I can't believe this shitty character has so many favorites, people and their shit taste)
May 15, 2015 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
norepinephrine said:
Since there's a comment section for VAs, I think it would be neat if there was also one for characters. Getting to see some people's opinions on characters would be nice.

I don't see anything wrong with this change besides the possibility of spoilers related to them. I'm not really for or against.
May 15, 2015 9:19 AM

Jan 2012
norepinephrine said:
Getting to see some people's opinions on characters would be nice.

I support your idea

May 15, 2015 9:23 AM

Dec 2014
tsudecimo said:
I disagree, it will just be filled with bashing, especially for the popular characters (i.e I can't believe this shitty character has so many favorites, people and their shit taste)

Yes, that would be a possibility but then again, VAs have hateful comments regarding themselves as well but obviously not as much.

LunarProxy said:

I don't see anything wrong with this change besides the possibility of spoilers related to them. I'm not really for or against.

Yeah, the spoilers would be the biggie. There could be a spoilers box or something to warn the reader.

Just my thoughts though.
May 15, 2015 10:34 AM

Nov 2014
Good idea. I often want to comment on some characters (mostly when I dislike them, I admit) and the only place I can do it now is in episode discussion. Being able to read other people opinions about character might actually make me change my opinion, but it's impossible unless there is dedicated place to this single topic.
May 15, 2015 4:51 PM

Dec 2014
Terkhev said:
Good idea. I often want to comment on some characters (mostly when I dislike them, I admit) and the only place I can do it now is in episode discussion. Being able to read other people opinions about character might actually make me change my opinion, but it's impossible unless there is dedicated place to this single topic.

Yeah, I mainly just want to see different perspectives on a character.
May 15, 2015 4:55 PM

May 2014
norepinephrine said:
tsudecimo said:

Yes, that would be a possibility but then again, VAs have hateful comments regarding themselves as well but obviously not as much.

LunarProxy said:

Yeah, the spoilers would be the biggie. There could be a spoilers box or something to warn the reader.

Just my thoughts though.

Precisely! I don't see any negative takes on your idea atm. I support it ;)
May 15, 2015 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
norepinephrine said:
tsudecimo said:

yes but let's be honest, characters are much more prone to get hateful comments that the VAs themselves and many people will just bash them because, well, they can...
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
May 15, 2015 5:34 PM

Nov 2010
Really disagree, VAs, directors, and the such aren't that popular nor do they have as much controversy. But characters, there would be full on conversations on there constantly, people posting RIP and other spoilers, there's what at least over 20,000 characters that would be too hard to moderate.
May 16, 2015 6:06 AM

Mar 2008
I support OP's suggestion
May 16, 2015 6:43 AM

Mar 2008
Ehhhh im not sure on it. I cant see much of anything too interesting would be said.

Some characters usually have clubs for them where you can find comments on them for reference.
May 16, 2015 6:56 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Really disagree, VAs, directors, and the such aren't that popular nor do they have as much controversy. But characters, there would be full on conversations on there constantly, people posting RIP and other spoilers, there's what at least over 20,000 characters that would be too hard to moderate.

I do not support this going into effect at all for the above reasons stated by IntroverTurtle. It's just not worth it on the risk to reward spectrum.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

May 16, 2015 7:04 AM

Feb 2015
nonononononono

biography is enough
May 16, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
^
May 16, 2015 7:41 AM

Aug 2014
AllenVonStein said:
norepinephrine said:
Getting to see some people's opinions on characters would be nice.

I support your idea
Jul 14, 2015 3:38 PM
Jul 14, 2015 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
This has been brought up before and no, I don't think it would be a good idea.
Many characters are way too controversial and there would most likely be a lot of haters posting stupid comments on the pages of characters they hate. That would also mean a ridiculous amount of work for mods...
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jul 14, 2015 6:34 PM
Dec 2013
Good idea, but sure mods would become too lazy to deal with the shitposting.
Apr 20, 2016 7:18 AM

Jan 2013