Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 9:49 AM

Aug 2021
Sexually aggressive anime girls always stayed in yuri genre, they were the norm in that genre with one girl being submissive and other one being dominant one but these girls have slowly invaded the harem/ecchi and straight romance anime. Nowadays, they have been becoming pushy and domineering to the point of anime MCs just become absolute pussies and become someone that can be called adorable.

Anything that made the anime MCs look cool/sexy is slowly being stripped away. That's why we end up with romance male protagonists are absolute betas who can't stand on their own and are super effeminate. Don't get me wrong, I love femdom and I just hope it would just stay in GL/yuri genre. They absolutely have no place in normal romance anime. What do you think about this topic?
May 1, 9:55 AM

Jan 2013
I think you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 1, 9:56 AM

Nov 2021
Yes, I dislike femdom in an actual romance anime, but I don't mind as long as its in some erotic manga I'm reading.
May 1, 10:01 AM

Sep 2016
Femdom belongs everywhere, end of story.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 1, 10:02 AM

Feb 2020
"Does femdom ruin romance anime for you?"

Not really.
May 1, 10:04 AM

Oct 2013
Dude...what? No...actually I'm not going to try to wrap my head around this. You used the term "betas" and that's reason enough for me to not put brain power into this.
May 1, 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
No, as long as female is not straight up abusive and dude is not masochist with no self respect whatsoever. Chained Soldier was a good example.

May 1, 10:08 AM

Oct 2009
Nothing wrong with a woman expressing her sexuality. Also just because a woman is sexually assertive it doesn't necessarily follow that the man has to be spineless. He can make his own comebacks. To me it is all about the writing. If you can make the characters likeable it doesn't matter if she is aggressive, neutral or shy. This includes romantic anime. Stuff can happen after the relationship is established. Being boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't have to be the end.
May 1, 10:09 AM

Mar 2023
I would be way more interest in romance anime then if that was the case.
May 1, 10:32 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to FanofAction
Dude...what? No...actually I'm not going to try to wrap my head around this. You used the term "betas" and that's reason enough for me to not put brain power into this.
@FanofAction First time seeing his posts? Most are like this, calling every male character who's not up to his standards a "beta".
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 1, 10:41 AM

Oct 2017
I don't normally agree with Piromysl but they actually have a good point here. Femdom dynamics are completely fine just so long as it does not go over a line that turns it into an abusive relationship. I slightly disagree on the masochism side since in some kink circles that's a thing people enjoy, but if the piece of media portrays this sadist masochist dynamic in a consensual and healthy way like practiced in the kink community that is completely acceptable imo. That only really gets bad when the male character is actively being abused in a nonconsensual way and gets enjoyment out of it cuz that is a rather concerning trait.

Also the whole "alpha/beta" thing is complete bullshit tbh. It's not really rooted in science at all and is just bullshit used to peddle those "alpha male" scam courses that steal people's money and give men bad advice that makes women uncomfortable. It just enforces toxic standards of masculine gender roles that actively hurt men just as much as they do women by forcing people into this box to be a "real man" and sacrificing important parts of the human experience such as our emotions and individuality all for shallow validation for men who feel ostracized from society. Our society really needs to stop enforcing this "alpha/beta" bullshit as it is incredibly damaging for everyone
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 1, 10:46 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Tropisch
@FanofAction First time seeing his posts? Most are like this, calling every male character who's not up to his standards a "beta".
@Tropisch Probably not. I don't make a habit of remembering who makes what post though.
May 1, 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
you have a severe case of toxic masculinity
May 1, 11:14 AM

May 2019
Nah, femdom is always appreciated.
May 1, 11:20 AM

Aug 2021
Femdom just fixes things, mostly femdom loli, dominant and sadistic lolis are supremacy.

May 1, 12:10 PM

Feb 2024
I dislike femdom outside of yuri genre if it's just a horny show, but I do appreciate strong female characters in more 'normal' fiction anime.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 1, 12:17 PM
Feb 2021
"Don't get me wrong, I love femdom and I just hope it would just stay in GL/yuri genre. They absolutely have no place in normal romance anime."

What?

This take is so moronic I can't even.
May 1, 12:34 PM

Aug 2016
I guess theres a manga or anime out there were it doesnt, but Im not a big fan.
:v
May 1, 12:39 PM

Aug 2016
Not really, what ruins romance anime for me is either the whole thing revolving around the two lead characters being cute with one another with nothing interesting happening aside from that, or the main character bein a bland uninteresting self-insert while the other character is the one who has a personality and inexplicably falls in love with them, does everything for them, yadda yadda. Yeah, I fucking hate modern romcoms, basically.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
May 1, 12:44 PM

Jun 2015
Absolutely hate femdom outside of Yuri manga/anime. If there's one thing that will immediately turn me off anime it's a beta MC getting his ass beat by a girl for "cOmEdY". There's nothing funny or erotic to me about watching my MC getting assaulted by a girl. Shit's crazy.
Read Toriko!
May 1, 12:51 PM

Dec 2021
...you talkin' like Citrus, where rape is basically like saying hello, and you do it to everybody whom you know by name? That shit's not cool. I haven't seen anything with that sort of character archetype outside of that specific anime, though. (Thankfully)
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 1, 1:08 PM

Mar 2008
Seems you aren't too aware of what femdom is or something or don't sound like you actually watch yuri.

Absurdo_N said:
Femdom just fixes things, mostly femdom loli, dominant and sadistic lolis are supremacy.

It's called lolidom. Well at least in the West.
May 1, 1:57 PM

Mar 2019
I don't really get what OP is talking about, can someone tell me what anime these are, for reference so I can understand?
May 1, 2:21 PM
Jun 2016
Actually, I don't pay attention to the fandom since they have nothing to do with the anime or something. It's like saying I don't like swimming because there are some people who want to f*** the water.
I think you get what I'm saying
May 1, 2:38 PM

Sep 2016
88expert said:
I don't pay attention to the fandom

This topic is about femdom, not fandom.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 1, 2:42 PM

Aug 2018
I love effeminate male characters. Yum.

May 1, 3:20 PM

Aug 2023
I'd love a good femdom romance, but they are hard to come by.
Often we end up with something incidentally female lead, but just because the MC is to much of a blank slate to have initiative or the powerlevel of the woman is higher and this results in what reads like bad chemistry sub on sub by default.

I think there is some cultural apprehension at work that wont permit going all in on hetero role reversal.
May 1, 3:53 PM

Apr 2020
Idk but can someone recommend an anime where the mc is a buff himbo like guts
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 3:57 PM

Dec 2021
The only thing that femdom is known to consistently ruin is the male's orgasm.
May 1, 4:10 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to Piromysl
No, as long as female is not straight up abusive and dude is not masochist with no self respect whatsoever. Chained Soldier was a good example.
Piromysl said:

Agreed, I liked how mato executed it as well
May 1, 4:25 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
Idk but can someone recommend an anime where the mc is a buff himbo like guts
@Kenzolo-folk Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo has Bo-bobo

May 1, 4:51 PM

Apr 2024
Femdom, Written in a healthy dynamic, is an enhancer for me, personally. But if by "femdom" you mean "man with no sense of self-worth and Woman who causes him pain and suffering for that" Then it probably isn't much of a romance, really, it's probably more like a gag Manga with and incredibly shallow bag of tricks.
May 1, 4:58 PM

Nov 2019
I'm sure there are people that have preferences for this but I personally don't and these days it's inclusive that authors add this in series with multiple love interests. I kind of welcome it if it's not the half-asses romance we see in every harem/romcom.
May 1, 5:02 PM
Sep 2013
Femdom is not the word you're looking for here, brother.

I don't care as long as the characters/stories are well written. MCs being weak, spineless losers seems to have been a thing in the past but honestly it seems to have gotten better.
May 1, 5:39 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Lhundrup
@Kenzolo-folk Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo has Bo-bobo

@Lhundrup
Thanks man 👏
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 9:53 PM
Aug 2010
I don't think femdom is the word your looking for.

But proactive girls in anime isn't bad, and if its the overly aggressive ones like in 100 GirlFriends, its fine cause they get the situation flipped on them at times.

More topics from this board

» Why do so many people hate a show because of one character?

ZeroMajor12 - May 20

15 by perseii »»
1 minute ago

» Why do so many people still shove anime through interpolaiton AI? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - May 19

62 by Theo1899 »»
17 minutes ago

» What do you think about this Gentleman

Makoto_Yuri - May 5

3 by Jackof-allspades »»
20 minutes ago

» who was your first/best anime waifu?

Coldsp33d - May 5

31 by Jackof-allspades »»
23 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect.

Gashadokur0 - 10 hours ago

41 by DX_impulse »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.