19.9%
Attack on Titan
17.8%
Steins;Gate
18.5%
146 votes
Apr 29, 5:53 AM
Jan 2024
I like them all, but my fav is Vinland Saga.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 29, 5:54 AM

Feb 2020
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Apr 29, 5:59 AM
Oct 2019
Steins;Gate El psy congroo Krustina
Apr 29, 6:08 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Would be easier to choose if they all would air at the same season. Since there is like several years between them it's not fair to say which one is the favourite.
But I'd probably say Vinland Saga, FMAB, Frieren and then AOT. I have not seen Steins; Gate.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Apr 29, 6:14 AM

Jan 2020
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End is easily my favorite anime out of that list.

Apr 29, 6:15 AM

Apr 2013
AoT, but I haven't watched Frieren (yet) and Steins;Gate.
Apr 29, 6:17 AM

Dec 2021
I've watched none of those at all, but since I'm at least eyeing Steins;Gate, I'll vote that one. The rest I'll probably never watch, since they just don't seem right for me.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 29, 6:18 AM

Sep 2018
Steins;Gate > Frieren >> FMAB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AoT > Vinland Saga
Apr 29, 6:21 AM

Apr 2011
I see you using this alt account to post almost the same thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2157257
Apr 29, 6:25 AM
Aug 2022
Vinland Saga all the way! Askeladd 😍
Apr 29, 6:34 AM

Jul 2015
Vinland Saga and Frieren so far, I can't pick one over the other.
Apr 29, 6:40 AM

May 2021
Attack on Titan is my favourite anime, both in this poll and in general. I haven't watched Frieren yet.
Apr 29, 6:50 AM

Sep 2023
Great: AoT, Vinland Saga
Ok: Steins Gate
Trash: FMAB, Frieren
Apr 29, 6:53 AM

Jul 2016
if i had to choose one, steins; gate.
Apr 29, 6:56 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I guess I'll take part before this thread got locked.

Difficult choice between FMAB, Frieren and Vinland Saga.

But I think I'll go with FMAB :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 29, 7:12 AM
Oct 2019
I knew it only a matter of time before frieren overcome steins;gate.
Apr 29, 7:51 AM
Aug 2016
FMAB and AOT i would give them an objective tie. If u like more or other one, it depends on subjective and individual taste and preferences. But both are just very good animes in the overall.

I would put Steins Gate afterwards, dosent have elements of AOT and FMAB, but has a lot of creative and original design and story. Much more than Frieren. Frieren is a normal gift but very well wrapped and very well decorated in terms of landscapes, music and animation. I wish we could say the same about the characters. And then u have Vinland Saga that tries to recreate realistic elements, really, if you want to see some realism and character construction go see LOGH. The rest is not even close to it. So:

1º FMAB - AOT
2º Steins Gate
3º Frieren - Vinland.

I didnt watch Viland 2nd Season and still Frieren hasnt end yet, so also it may change.
Apr 29, 7:53 AM

Jul 2013
I don't list my favorite animes on the Internet because that information is too private imo.
Apr 29, 8:00 AM

Jun 2019
First is Vinland Saga, since it's ranked #46 in my overall Top 50 (I may even soon bump it up to #45 above and switching places with Goblin Slayer, since I was disappointed in the latter's second season). I still preferred season one of Vinland Saga to season two, but its season two was definitely better than Goblin Slayer's season two. Overall still an 8/10 series.

Next would be Steins;Gate as mentally it's just outside my Top 50 and another 8/10 series.

Then next would be Frieren which I'm still currently watching, but will probably end up giving a 6/10 when I get around to finishing it.

Then Shingeki no Kyojin, of which I finished all of the first season, but dropped halfway through the second season and gave overall a 6/10.

Fullmetal Alchemist, either the original 2003 iteration or the 2009 one, I cannot meaningfully judge as I haven't watched.
Apr 29, 8:00 AM

Oct 2019
you have got to stop putting steins;gate on these things, you're making the choice too easy.

These are all great shows. calling them ok is one thing, but if you think any of these are garbage, I'll have to question your taste.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 29, 8:12 AM

Aug 2020
S;G > AoT > Frieren > VS

Haven't seen fmab.
Apr 29, 8:16 AM

Apr 2020
Hard choice between Steins Gate and Frieren.

Steins Gate is probably more relatable since its set in modern day. The characters all stand out and there is something classic about that story.

In some respects, Frieren is 'just another fantasy story' but produced well. Frieren's theme/concept about the passage of time is neat, but I'm not sure if it is 'classic' material. Maybe Steins Gate feels more complex or complicated that it seems slightly more elaborate or sophisticated compared to Frieren. However, I personally like fantasy. I don't like every aspect of Frieren's world building or its characters, but the visuals, setting, and slice of lifey movements are maybe more enjoyable in the long-run compared to Steins Gate which feels sometimes gritty (especially the side story I haven't seen). Steins Gate (as far as I can tell) also feels completed, while Frieren is more open ended.

This is why I picked Frieren. (I did not consider the other shows because I haven't seen them)
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Apr 29, 9:42 AM

Sep 2014
Charlotte > Nagatoro > Steins;Gate
Apr 29, 10:39 AM

Jan 2023
S;G and its not even close. FMAB and Frieren are both very good, but no anime at all has touched me the way S;G did
死人に口なし
Apr 29, 11:47 AM
Dec 2019
AOT, its the only one out of the list i completed 😪
Apr 29, 11:50 AM

Jan 2023
Fav? Attack on Titan.

I like Frieren.

I didn't watch Vinland Saga or Steins;Gate.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is pretty bad.
Apr 29, 12:04 PM

Aug 2011
I'd say FMA Brotherhood, with Vinland Saga a very close second. I enjoyed the other three about equally, so I'm not sure how I'd order them.
Apr 29, 12:07 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to palm-tree
I'd say FMA Brotherhood, with Vinland Saga a very close second. I enjoyed the other three about equally, so I'm not sure how I'd order them.
palm-tree said:

Same here, although I have yet to finish Frieren and the final 2 eps of AoT.
Apr 29, 12:10 PM

May 2021
AOT - Vinland - Frieren -FMAB - S;G is my choice
Apr 29, 2:44 PM

May 2019
Attack on Titan Shingeki no Kyojin.
Apr 29, 3:01 PM

Feb 2021
Haven't seen FMAB yet but my favourite that I have seen is definitely Steins;Gate.
Apr 29, 3:12 PM

Jul 2017
FMAB for me by a close margin, but I also love Frieren (2nd in this list for me) and Steins;Gate (3rd). Not much of a fan of Vinland Saga and Attack on Titan. To this day, still find FMAB to be a fantastic and super entertaining anime with a super satisfying conclusion. Frieren's anime has a phenomenal production behind it and has genuinely great moments too but I think FMAB's characters and the pure enjoyment feeling that I got from start till finish put it over the top for me. It's a bit more special to me personally.
Apr 29, 3:49 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
FMAB. Just biding it's time to retake the #1 spot.
Apr 29, 4:06 PM

Sep 2022
Attack on Titan is my favorite from this list.
Apr 29, 6:46 PM

May 2015
FMAB since I have the most attachment to it. Frieren and Vinland also love but they are more recent and while the anime are great, can't say I was fully engrossed into the story yet. SnK wouldn't call a favourite, same for S;G.
Apr 29, 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Dear OP.
Apr 30, 3:20 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. An example includes:
    b. random "xx vs. yy"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » What period in Japanese historical anime do you like the most?

RobertBobert - 10 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» What happened to the CrunchyRoll forum? Did it go offline?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

16 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» Ever thought an anime was a MASTERPIECE, then changed your mind? Or vice versa?

Rhae - May 14

30 by juanlqr »»
8 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched? ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - May 14

72 by ProGoddess »»
15 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9099 by anime-prime »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.