Forum Settings
Forums

When did you realize you had bad taste in anime?

New
Apr 28, 12:44 PM

Mar 2024
๐˜‰๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ. ๐˜‹๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. ๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ, ๐˜'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. ( ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฃ๐˜ซ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ - ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ถt ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ )

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 12:46 PM

Oct 2017
Who is the abriter of what "bad taste" is? Everyone has varying interests and that is something to be celebrated not shamed
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 28, 12:46 PM

Feb 2011
There is no such thing as bad taste, because preferences in anime are completely subjective. Also, my ratings are as fair as it gets.
Apr 28, 12:49 PM

Sep 2016
I realized I had bad taste, when I first set foot on the moon.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 28, 12:51 PM

Oct 2018
When I see everyone shitting on Shingeki no Kyojin, I was so confused because it's my favourite anime, then I just accepted it's really bad and my taste is shit
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 28, 12:53 PM

Feb 2020
"When did you realize you had bad taste in anime?"

N/A.
Apr 28, 1:00 PM

Sep 2019
Pretty much since I was a young lad and was diagnosed with "bad taste in anime" disease.
Apr 28, 1:02 PM

May 2021
No I think my tastes aren't bad. I watch many mainstream stuff but thats not bad taste.
Apr 28, 1:10 PM

Apr 2024
When I watched Kakugo no Susume together with a bunch of other anime fans and got really into it, but then half the people silently got up and left, it gave me pause.

I watched Boku no Pico around 2008 and really liked the story. When it later became an internet meme I found it a bit weird that basically no one else thinks what I think:

It got a super catchy Opening, too.
Apr 28, 1:16 PM

Dec 2015
You can quote me as many times as you want, I don't care what others think about my ratings as I rate them for myself and apply how I liked them, I don't give a single F if someone disagrees with my ratings.
Apr 28, 1:19 PM

Oct 2019
The thing is, I think i'm pretty fair with my scores. of course that doesn't mean they aren't still subjective, but I don't think any of them are "unreasonable".

But the issue is, my scores don't really represent how much I enjoy the shows, they represent how good I consider them to be critically. Which yes, again, I understand that, that is still subjective, it's just a different kind of subjective.

If I went by enjoyment, I would probably give highschool of the dead a higher score than half of my 9s and 10s. which means I do have shit taste.

That said, I don't think you're going to find anything to REALLY roast me on if you went through my list. feel free to try though. oh and you may want to look at it on desktop, I have notes next to them, which may give you more ammo.
APolygons2Apr 28, 1:24 PM
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeใ€ŒAMVใ€: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 28, 1:24 PM

Mar 2016
No one has bad taste, it's just a matter of preference in what you watch.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Apr 28, 1:24 PM

Dec 2021
Back in 2002 I sold my good taste to the devil for a pack of Pokemon cards. Got a holo Raichu in it!
Apr 28, 1:26 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
I realized I had bad taste, when I first set foot on the moon.
@Zarutaku Hello I'm not sure if it's sarcasm, but after checking your favorites anime, , I'd say you've got a better chance at walking on the moon than having good taste in anime. Here, take this cookie ๐Ÿช but remember, it's not cool to lie.

Apr 28, 1:31 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Je-suis-lui
@Zarutaku Hello I'm not sure if it's sarcasm, but after checking your favorites anime, , I'd say you've got a better chance at walking on the moon than having good taste in anime. Here, take this cookie ๐Ÿช but remember, it's not cool to lie.
No Sheldon, it's not a sarcasm, I'm Neil Armstrong for real.
Apr 28, 1:34 PM

Jan 2022
When I binged the entirety of Ebichu at 4 am and enjoyed it. Or maybe before that idk.
Apr 28, 1:37 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
No Sheldon, it's not a sarcasm, I'm Neil Armstrong for real.
@Zarutaku Wait, seriously? It wasn't sarcasm? Well, even if your taste is garbage, at least you've walked on the moon. Here, another cookie ๐Ÿช for telling the truth.

Apr 28, 2:05 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
Who is the abriter of what "bad taste" is? Everyone has varying interests and that is something to be celebrated not shamed
@LSSJ_Gaming No worries madam, I won't shame you for giving a Digimon movie a 10, or rating MHA S1 and S2 a 10, or FMAB an 8. Who I'm to say what you should or shouldn't watch. If you permit me to offer my opinion, your taste seems to lack discernment, as you watch content that is widely considered to be of inferior quality or lacking refinement. Looks like you've been watching a lot of hentai. Maybe that's why your tastes are a bit off.

Read this Perhaps it's a good idea to ease up on the hentai binge before things get out of hand. Here, take this cupcake ๐Ÿง it benefit the mental health.

Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to Shizuna
There is no such thing as bad taste, because preferences in anime are completely subjective. Also, my ratings are as fair as it gets.
@Shizuna Well I can't disagree, your rating are as fair as it gets. Here a lollipop ๐Ÿญ to celebrate your unique taste.

Apr 28, 2:17 PM

Sep 2018
When I watched Kanojo mo Kanojo. It was the first low rated and frowned upon anime that I loved, and it's still in my top 3 funniest.
Apr 28, 2:18 PM

Apr 2020
i realized my taste was bad when i gave darling in the franxx a ten
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2:21 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Je-suis-lui
@LSSJ_Gaming No worries madam, I won't shame you for giving a Digimon movie a 10, or rating MHA S1 and S2 a 10, or FMAB an 8. Who I'm to say what you should or shouldn't watch. If you permit me to offer my opinion, your taste seems to lack discernment, as you watch content that is widely considered to be of inferior quality or lacking refinement. Looks like you've been watching a lot of hentai. Maybe that's why your tastes are a bit off.

Read this Perhaps it's a good idea to ease up on the hentai binge before things get out of hand. Here, take this cupcake ๐Ÿง it benefit the mental health.
@Je-suis-lui

FMAB literally has shit pacing for a third of the show
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Je-suis-lui

FMAB literally has shit pacing for a third of the show
@LSSJ_Gaming I don't really care if you rate FMAB an 8 or a 10 or a 1. "Who is the abriter of what "bad taste" is? Everyone has varying interests and that is something to be celebrated not shamed", so considering this argument, there seems to be little point in debating anything further, as everyone's perspective is subjective. Everyone can say whatever the heck they want as it is subjective yayy. Here a cucumber ๐Ÿฅ’ it good for your subjectiveness.

Apr 28, 2:34 PM
Sep 2018
I think everyone has bad taste in anime,including me.Now,give me a cookie please.
Apr 28, 2:35 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to Rotakokos
I think everyone has bad taste in anime,including me.Now,give me a cookie please.
@Rotakokos Here, not one but two cookies ๐Ÿช๐Ÿช.

Apr 28, 2:37 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to Je-suis-lui
@Rotakokos Here, not one but two cookies ๐Ÿช๐Ÿช.
@Je-suis-lui Thank you Mr Lui.I hope you have a great day sir.
Apr 28, 2:40 PM

Mar 2018
I realized I had good taste when I gave Interspecies Reviewers a 10
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
Apr 28, 2:57 PM

Nov 2020
Never because I have very good taste xD
Apr 28, 3:03 PM

Jan 2019
I don't know what counts as good taste since I consider myself more of a casual anime watcher. I rarely watch what's popular. I just watch whatever seems interesting to me.
Apr 28, 5:32 PM

Oct 2018
My taste in anime is impeccable. It's objectively correct.
Apr 28, 5:59 PM

Oct 2022
You cant eat at a fancy restaurant you whole life

I think I had a good taste, but ofc we all have guilty pleasures or just like stuff that just aint that good. I like well written and animated animes, but Im not gonna just ignore or not watch stuff that I know is trash but I have fun watching it.

And I wont back down: How not to summon a demon lord is amazing and I enjoyed all of it. The same for Nekopara and I will defend the anime of Girls Frontline until I die. It is so bad that is... that is... is ok
Apr 28, 6:09 PM

Sep 2020
My taste is my taste. I let people see it and reach their conclusions
Apr 29, 1:41 AM

Mar 2023
I never have and never will have that realization.
Apr 29, 2:02 AM

Jul 2016
One sleepless night when I watched all of School Days in one day and realized it was a masterpiece.
Apr 29, 2:05 AM

Aug 2021
Fairy Tail was one of my first anime, at that time, I thought it was the #1 anime, primarily because of how the majestic battle OST made me feel.
However, I was baffled when I heard many of my freinds hated it and stated it was an extremely cringe freindship show for horny 10 year olds ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผ‍โ™‚๏ธ
Apr 29, 2:24 AM

Mar 2024
When I got my Squid Girl tattoo, my fate was sealed
Apr 29, 3:37 AM

Jul 2021
My anime taste is indeed flawless, I dare you to attempt to behold my anime list.
Apr 29, 4:17 AM

May 2018
"When did you realize you had bad taste in anime?"

In order to have good taste you should go under the process of "refining your taste", which means:
- Follow serious professional critics.
- Doing university courses about anime (if any).
- Doing a lot of digging yourself about artists, studios, artistic movements and stuff.
- Watching tons of anime you aren't interested in, but represent key anime historical stuff.
- Last, but not least follow what your idea of beau monde has to say about anime.

I never did any of this, so no wonder...

Zarutaku said:
when I first set foot on the moon

So it is made by a brand of cheese you dislike?
alshuApr 30, 12:27 AM
Apr 29, 4:42 AM

Sep 2016
alshu said:
So it is made by a brad of cheese you dislike?

That's an oxymoron, it's not possible to dislike cheese.
Apr 29, 4:47 AM

May 2018
Zarutaku said:
it's not possible to dislike cheese

Not the biggest fan of parmesan and pecorino here...better give me some gorgonzola (and we have some local stuff like bulgarian white chees and kashkaval I prefer).
Apr 29, 4:55 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Phosphophyllita
When I see everyone shitting on Shingeki no Kyojin, I was so confused because it's my favourite anime, then I just accepted it's really bad and my taste is shit
@Phosphophyllita Shingeki is not a bad anime. It does get bonkers but I don't think you can disregard the first 3 seasons simply because it gets a bit too wild in the later seasons.
Apr 29, 8:53 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I mean, taste is subjective in everything. xD

Take it as everyone else taste is shit and yours is always good.

Or just as consensus everyone taste in general is shit. Including yourself.

Different folks, different strokes.
Apr 29, 9:05 AM

Jul 2013
Who said my taste in anime is bad? I don't care about other people's opinions.
Apr 29, 10:07 AM
Walpurgis

May 2023
I have an Elfen Lied pfp, I know that my taste is bad.
Apr 29, 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
When I found myself plumbing the depths of 90s OVA schlock, though I already knew I had a soft spot for morally dubious grindhouse trash.
Take care of yourself

Apr 29, 11:59 AM

Mar 2012
When I realized that Kyo Kara Maoh which I had rated with a 10 was a shit anime but no worries I fixed my bad taste by changing the rating to 1 which it truly deserves.
Apr 29, 11:45 PM

Nov 2019
Objectively, whenever the overall ratings on someone's list falls below a 4/10 that's how you know.
(otherwise why would someone go through the pain of watching something they're not enjoying in the first place)
Apr 30, 12:00 AM
Apr 2024
I think i have a good taste in anime my favorite list is perfect
Apr 30, 12:06 AM

Dec 2019
When i watched Usogui and thought it was a good adaptation (it wasn't).
Apr 30, 12:09 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
When I started to have more fun with my peak-fiction memes and so bad it's good animes like KamiKatsu, Kanokari, Sabagebu!, Valvrave, Mahou Shoujo Site, etc. and slept over masterpieces like Mo Dao Zu Shi, Texhnolyze, Ghost in the Shell movie or Vinland Saga.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» There is only 1 shoujo/josei love interest

JaniSIr - Yesterday

23 by JaniSIr »»
1 minute ago

» What's the meaning behind your MAL username?

Gashadokur0 - 4 hours ago

21 by Serafos »»
4 minutes ago

» Studio dark ages

Red_Tuesday - Dec 3, 2015

49 by tchitchouan »»
7 minutes ago

» ๐ŸŒน Anime Questionnaire 2024 ๐ŸŒน

Shizuna - 1 hour ago

5 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» Are anime getting worse and worse ? ( 1 2 )

Shomix - May 14

82 by enigmasauce »»
12 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.