Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 1:16 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Come on MAL forum community, who's the best trap in anime?
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Apr 27, 1:22 PM

Nov 2017
that one person from sanji’s training island

plz @ me
Apr 27, 1:23 PM

Feb 2020
"Best Trap Character in Anime?"

Reona West from PriPara.

SerafosApr 27, 1:37 PM
Apr 27, 1:23 PM
Aug 2018
Astolfo is a goat carried Fate/Apocrypha like a boss.

Apr 27, 1:25 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to TheMinkalex
Astolfo is a goat carried Fate/Apocrypha like a boss.

@TheMinkalex yum yum yum

I need me some of that lol
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Apr 27, 1:28 PM

Dec 2022
Cruz Schild's (Needless) trap antics were always funny.

If we're counting reverse-traps, then Kino is one of the hottest girls out there. There's a lithe, nubile body beneath all that travelling gear.

๏ฝฒไน‡ๅˆ€ไน‡ไนƒๅฐบ๏พ‘ไน‡
ใŠŽ ใŠฐ
โ˜ฝ Shaded Horizon โ˜พ

Apr 27, 1:35 PM

May 2019
Apr 27, 1:39 PM

Aug 2021
Dangerous question, a lot of people will say names of canonically transgender characters.

Haku from Naruto

Apr 27, 1:42 PM

Feb 2020
My new favourite is Hacka Doll #3 (from Hacka Doll)

Apr 27, 2:01 PM

Sep 2018
Hideyoshi is my fav trap. He is from baka to test.
Apr 27, 2:05 PM

Jul 2019
Easily Makoto and Touma from Minami K
who doesn't love a good trap/reverse trap combo?

Apr 27, 2:06 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to Jackson1333

@Jackson1333

W W W post my friend!!!

Apr 27, 2:16 PM

May 2017
Since no one has mentioned it yet, Hideri Kanzaki XD

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Apr 27, 2:21 PM

Aug 2017
I don't like trap characters but Felix from Re Zero is the funniest.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 27, 2:31 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Archean-Return
Cruz Schild's (Needless) trap antics were always funny.

If we're counting reverse-traps, then Kino is one of the hottest girls out there. There's a lithe, nubile body beneath all that travelling gear.
@Archean-Return

your obsession with tiny child-looking characters is so strange man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2:35 PM

Apr 2015
I dunno, maybe Shido from DAL when dating Miku, kinda funny. Hackable Doll 3 too I guess.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
FluffygreygrassApr 28, 12:46 AM
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 27, 2:38 PM

Jan 2008
The mimic from Frieren is my favorite trap character.
Apr 27, 2:45 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Paul
The mimic from Frieren is my favorite trap character.
@Paul

So true! I believe in Mimic supremacy. Best fantasy creature of all time
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 27, 2:55 PM

Mar 2008
Hmmm I dont have any otokonoko coming to mind right now. I actually havent seen a ton to my recall so i couldnt pic a fav.

Mod Edit: Removed Off-Topic content
FluffygreygrassApr 28, 12:39 AM
Apr 27, 2:56 PM

Feb 2011
GoatPieceLuffy said:
Come on MAL forum community, who's the best trap in anime?
I don't think I have a favorite one. "Real" girls are always better anyway.
Apr 27, 3:00 PM

Mar 2023
Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club

Apr 27, 3:07 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Spunkert
Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club

@Spunkert reverse traps best traps. Ikemen-onna deserve way more attention.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Apr 27, 4:11 PM

Aug 2018
Venti from Genshin Impact.

r/VentiHentai
Apr 27, 4:13 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to Rhae
Venti from Genshin Impact.

r/VentiHentai
@Rhaelynne I approve of your signature
Apr 27, 4:16 PM
May 2015
Hime Arikawa - Himegoto

Hitoshi Sugoroku - Nanbaka
Apr 27, 5:46 PM

Mar 2019
My favorite anime trap so far is Mare Bello Fiore

Let's just worship our 2D Overlords
Apr 27, 6:18 PM

Dec 2019
This season anime dainaouji MC, his pants and thighs are in full glory.
Apr 27, 6:57 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to Starfallash
My favorite anime trap so far is Mare Bello Fiore

Let's just worship our 2D Overlords
@Starfallash dammit, now I'm gonna have to watch that, It's been on my plan to watch list for too long.
Apr 27, 7:36 PM
ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚

Apr 2013
OT: I'm not a huge fan of traps. But I like the way they did it in Steins Gate

Mod Edit: Removed Off-Topic content
FluffygreygrassApr 28, 12:47 AM

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 27, 7:49 PM

Mar 2024
Not anime but pretty damn anime

Rosado from Fire Emblem Engage. They ride dragons, I'm sold
Apr 27, 8:18 PM

Sep 2022
All trap characters are the best trap character! But if I had to pick one, I would say Hideri from Blend S.
Apr 27, 8:37 PM

Feb 2016
@LSSJ_Gaming
The majority of trap characters are not trans. My favorite is in fact trans, however.

ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Apr 27, 8:44 PM

Aug 2022
How y'all doing talking about surface level traps when nobody ever talks about Io from Jewelpet being the best trap in anime
Apr 27, 8:47 PM

Jul 2019
Another trap that I really love is actually kind of a spoiler, so I will list it in spoiler tags

(Name of anime/vn)

In the VN you actually get the opportunity to spend your free time with one of the many characters so learning about this character, and why they chose to be the way they are is a really endearing and emotional moment.

The character

Major spoilers for the game
Apr 27, 8:49 PM

Jan 2014
Obviously the best trap is the legend himself:

Apr 28, 12:50 AM
Thread Cleaned

Off-Topic posts have been removed/edited. Please avoid derailing the thread any further.
FluffygreygrassApr 28, 12:53 AM
Apr 28, 12:56 PM

Feb 2020
+ Kokoro Hanabusa from Iโ˜…Chu: Halfway Through the Idol.

Apr 28, 6:07 PM

Jul 2019
So let's add some discussion into this thread, try to keep it alive. On top of just your favorite traps, do you have a preference in traps? You have ones Like Felix and Astolfo, who are just unapologetically femboys with no rhyme or reason as to why they are they way they are, it's just how they choose to live there life, with no explanation needed.

Then there are characters like the two I listed, in both cases they have very clear in story reasons for why they choose to dress/act like the opposite sex.

In Makoto's case, he just wants to get closer to one of his female classmates (one of the Main characters of the story) but she refuses to invite him over, because she sees him as an idiot, and so in an attempt to get invited, he is convicted to cross-dress, and act as a girl, so as to get invited over with all the other girls. Though throughout the course of the show, he actually starts to take a liking to it, and finds himself enjoying the prospect of going out shopping for new outfits and stuff (though it's also a point of struggle for him, as he tries to reclaim his masculinity)

As for Touma, she is actually just a tomboy, who was raised by 3 older brother, and naturally developed more masculine dressing habits and tendencies. Everyone knows she is a girl, except for one person. When she first meets Fujioka, he mistakes her for a boy, and starts treating her like one of the guys. Something she craves, as she is raised by her 3 older brother, who all think they failed in raising her as a proper young lady, and so are trying to get her to act more feminine, which she hates. So she becomes worried that if Fujioka found out she was actually a girl, he would stop treating her the same, and like her brothers, start treating her more "lady like" and so she intentionally chooses to let the misconception go on, even at times going out of her way to perpetuate it further. Going from just a tomboy, to an actual reverse trap.

So in both instances, do they truly do fit the definition of the term "trap?" they are intentionally trying to deceive someone of the opposite sex into thinking they are a boy/girl. Is this different then characters like Felix, or Astolfo, who aren't in anyway trying to deceive anyone, they are just living their lives as they please. It's not their responsibility to inform every person they meet that they are actually a guy. They may get a chuckle out of it when a guy freaks out when they enter the men's side of the hot springs, sure, but no active deception was intended.

Thoughts?
Apr 28, 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
@Jackson1333 If we're keeping the conversation on animanga then "trap" is an out of universe term, because it refers to the author/creator establishing the deception to trick the viewer. It has nothing to do with a character's personal motivations for crossdressing, and is a fairly broad term that can be applied to crossdressers, femboys or any other type of character whose appearance (clothes, face, mannerisms, etc.) could reasonably have you believe they're of the opposite sex. Technically, this would also apply to trans characters, as the term doesn't account for gender/identity, but that may be controversial. Intentional deception is not a requirement, merely in reference to its origin.
LostSpectreApr 28, 9:48 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 30, 2:20 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to RJJS
Since no one has mentioned it yet, Hideri Kanzaki XD

@RJJS That's the only right answer!
Apr 30, 6:54 AM

Nov 2019
Felix from RE:ZERO comes to mind but I wouldn't say he is the 'best'.
As they say the best visual effect is one that is invisible to the user, so the best trap would be one we don't know is a trap.
Apr 30, 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Jackson1333

@Jackson1333 I sign up under this. Minami-ke is so damn underrated.

Apr 30, 7:09 AM

Aug 2021
Reverse trap, Subaru from Mayo Chiki
Apr 30, 7:10 AM

Oct 2013
The only correct answer is Hideyoshi of course

More topics from this board

» 1 trick pony, but it's actually peak!

APolygons2 - 10 hours ago

16 by APolygons2 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Does wearing sunglasses make female anime characters look hotter ?

KingSunWukong - 43 minutes ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

103 by rho34 »»
12 minutes ago

» Does Manhwa Anime reflect the Plastic Surgery Culture of Korea?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

6 by Rhae »»
16 minutes ago

» Does your waifu know how to strike a good pose?

Catalano - 34 minutes ago

4 by tchitchouan »»
17 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.