Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Cha makes a rare appearance this episode.

Not as much as action compared to other episodes but Jin-Woo is still being himself as usual and planning his next move. Felt like a buildup episode but unfortuantely for Jin-Woo, he also encountered some trouble on the streets. I'm expecting action to pick up later again. Still kinda interesting to see other ranked guild members out in the real world.
Mar 2, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Always wanting more Haein stuff.

For his bedridden mother, Jinwoo sought the recipe for the Holy Water of Life displayed in the window. However, attempting the quest to obtain the items needed to create it was tantamount to suicide at Jinwoo's current level. Just then, a summons arrived from the Hunter Association to venture into the D-ranked dungeon. Despite heading towards the dungeon, Jinwoo encountered Joohee and Chiyul from the Double Dungeon.

I think this time it's either from the novel or it's just stuff made for the anime. But I don't mind, especially the Haein part. They didn't have to draw her so well. It's cool seeing Jinho and his dad together since we don't see them much in the manhwa. There's also some stuff with Chiyul and his family that's pretty emotional. And we'll find out more about Yoonho and Jongin later. Nice to see Joohee again though. More of a SOL episode compared to the past two episodes but it's ok.

It's a bit slow, but it's the quiet before the big action in the dungeon.

Mar 2, 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
I feel like that bingo board will become important later
I find Joohee still not giving up under all these circumstances really admirable. No one would blame her if she quit, but she's still doing it.
Oh, is this the Island from the start of episode 1?
I reeeeeally hope no one dies this time T-T
Mar 2, 9:07 AM

Jun 2014
Mostly a build up episode leading to them making their way into the dungeon. What an interesting twist of fate that the survivors from the beginning of the show are all together again. Glad to see Joohee back out there.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 2, 9:13 AM
Sep 2015
There's a reason, in fact, many reasons, that prisoners are not used for military power. Most countries even deny applicants with criminal records. So yeah, this is a very bad idea, this mission is sus as hell.
Mar 2, 9:14 AM

Jan 2009
no action this week i guess the additional scenes are from the web novels since they are not in the manga

but nice to see joohee again
Mar 2, 9:14 AM
Aug 2022
Glad to see Joohee again. Jin encounters her.
Mar 2, 9:47 AM
Sep 2016
A boring episode, a lot of awkward exposition, especially the thing about how guilds work and about making a new one. I also hated the flashback. It it obviously to make you care about the swordsman guy, but it was done so by the numbers that it is painful to watch. I don't know who do you have to be to be suddenly invested in this character.

It was good seeing Joohee though. She clearly has to overcome some trauma. I wonder how they will realize that. I hope she will be more than a damsel in distress who falls for the MC.

What is this guy's deal?

Mar 2, 9:48 AM

Oct 2017
Happy to have more Cha Hae-In and good to see Ju Hee again. Another raid begins.
Mar 2, 9:50 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to phantomfandom
There's a reason, in fact, many reasons, that prisoners are not used for military power. Most countries even deny applicants with criminal records. So yeah, this is a very bad idea, this mission is sus as hell.
@phantomfandom well, they are just there to pad the numbers, and they have a B-rank with them, so this is essentially like having them at gunpoint. I think it would be wise to cuff them immediately after going through the gate, or have them chained to some explosives activated at the hunters will idk, although that obviously won't happen because we need conflict and they look like the BAD GUYS FOR OUR MC TO BEAT UP AND LOOK BADASS.
Mar 2, 9:54 AM
May 2021
Calm before the storm ep! Time for the next raid!
Mar 2, 10:18 AM

Sep 2018
I'm surprised anyone was able to recognise Jin-Woo. He looks completely unrecognisable compared to how he did when they last met, yet they all knew it was him at first glance. It makes me wonder if there's some sort of in-story reason for his. It's odd how people comment on his appearance changing, but never actually seem to care. Even his sister just kind of shrugged it off.

Also, the prisoners are "unlikely to cause trouble"? Come on... they're the most generic anime thugs imaginable whose first act upon introduction as sexually harassing someone. They're obviously going to start shit.
Mar 2, 10:18 AM
Dec 2022
Bit of a snooze fest but it still only felt like a 5min ep outside of the boring explanations about gilds
Mar 2, 10:23 AM
Jun 2023
The deus ex machina of having criminals enter a dungeon with regular people because of the "8 person dungeon requirement" is just really awful writing. Why not just send the B-rank Hunter by himself? What is the point of having D-rank and E-rank Hunters there to risk dying to C-rank Hunter criminals? Because we need some kind of conflict set up to have our OP Gary Stu protagonist look cool as he saves the day! Blegh.

Also, the foreshadowing of the random guy asking to "kill them all" basically guarantees shit is going to hit the fan on this dungeon raid.
Mar 2, 10:24 AM

Feb 2019
We’re back after a week off and we got Cha tummy and ass shots let’s goooo 😂

Honestly, not a lot going on in this episode really other than some exposition about the guilds and how people have profited off the arrival of the gates. But what I found the most interesting was seeing how everyone reacts to surviving these dungeons compared to Jinwoo. So many of the characters we see in this episode are broken or suffering some severe trauma from a dungeon raid, whereas Jinwoo has just become totally numb to it all.

Everyone he comes across in this episode is just totally stunned by how much he’s changed both physically and mentally. Going thru literal hell will do that to ya. Even his sister can’t believe that he takes almost nothing to a raid.

Joohee for example, who it’s really good to see more of, is like a shell of a former self. Was rough watching that conversation with she and her mom. Poor girl just doesn’t know what to do with herself. I’m glad she and Jinwoo finally get to see each other again after that first dungeon. Can’t wait to see how things go next episode with that original party reunited.

Bringing horny blood thirsty convicts to a dungeon raid.. what could possibly go wrong. This’ll be fun
Marinate1016Mar 2, 10:57 AM
Mar 2, 10:26 AM

May 2021
Fact that all these 6 ppl survived that and still chooses to be hunters is something else. Also wants to see that Cha girl more.
Mar 2, 10:27 AM

Aug 2013
Quite the coincidence, might just be the area though.

Time to level up.
Mar 2, 10:33 AM
Oct 2016
I was pretty indifferent towards this episode, it had some good and some bad, until that last scene with them all gathering for this raid. Excuse me but bringing prisoners to fight out in the open alongside regular civilian hunters???? Are they psychotic??!?!?!?! I don't care what kind of exodus of hunters there's been, which by the way what's up with that, there should be no circumstances of bringing in violent criminals to fight next to just regular people. I mean three of them with just one government official supervising them??? This is absurd, this is blanket disregard for the civilian hunters they called in the first place. I hate every bit of this and I can already see where it's going to go. That lady saying they shouldn't pose a threat right after the first thing they did was harass Joohee. I mean come on!!!! I don't know if I've ever turned so hard right at the last scene of an episode. That confused and bewildered the hell out of me seeing literal criminals going into a raid with regular people. Does anyone know an earlier example of when that practice of mixing convicted criminals with civilian in an attack force?!?! Yeah I do, it was in the Nazi Gestapo. I don't know what else to say. This will only end badly. Any other part of the episode feels irrelevant after that bullshit.
Mar 2, 10:33 AM
Mar 2021
Hated it… if you haven’t watch this episode just wait until next Saturday then watch this and the next episode.
Mar 2, 10:34 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to i_want_to_escape
@phantomfandom well, they are just there to pad the numbers, and they have a B-rank with them, so this is essentially like having them at gunpoint. I think it would be wise to cuff them immediately after going through the gate, or have them chained to some explosives activated at the hunters will idk, although that obviously won't happen because we need conflict and they look like the BAD GUYS FOR OUR MC TO BEAT UP AND LOOK BADASS.
@i_want_to_escape Having lesser numbers is a much better idea than using violent criminals to pad the numbers. Those criminals will turn against anyone else anyways
Mar 2, 10:35 AM
Mar 2021
Dukino said:
I was pretty indifferent towards this episode, it had some good and some bad, until that last scene with them all gathering for this raid. Excuse me but bringing prisoners to fight out in the open alongside regular civilian hunters???? Are they psychotic??!?!?!?! I don't care what kind of exodus of hunters there's been, which by the way what's up with that, there should be no circumstances of bringing in violent criminals to fight next to just regular people. I mean three of them with just one government official supervising them??? This is absurd, this is blanket disregard for the civilian hunters they called in the first place. I hate every bit of this and I can already see where it's going to go. That lady saying they shouldn't pose a threat right after the first thing they did was harass Joohee. I mean come on!!!! I don't know if I've ever turned so hard right at the last scene of an episode. That confused and bewildered the hell out of me seeing literal criminals going into a raid with regular people. Does anyone know an earlier example of when that practice of mixing convicted criminals with civilian in an attack force?!?! Yeah I do, it was in the Nazi Gestapo. I don't know what else to say. This will only end badly. Any other part of the episode feels irrelevant after that bullshit.

Almost like last week should have been this week’s episode and this week should have been recap… wait two weeks… for this 🤢
Mar 2, 10:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Same group as that one mysterious incident that the higher brass can’t wrap their hands around…

And the next Ep title suggests that Sung might’ve to reveal his powers…

It’s really building up to the climax here, isn’t it? Regardless, it’s nice to see the other members from that raid doing relatively well, and Joohee-san recovering from her slump. How convenient that the person who helped her get out of it will now be partnering with her.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 2, 10:51 AM

Dec 2016
It might be the fact that I had below zero expectations on this show due to it's reputation from manga readers that it's nothing but a power fantasy show. But still the whole scheme of guilds working behind curtains for profits and with the intention to clear out the island incident from episode one, along with a new crew of old friends and new obvious mustache twirling villians makes me really excited for what's to come.
Mar 2, 10:51 AM
Sep 2021
What a good directed episode this was, anime watchers are not ready what is going to come next episode. And i saw one comment saying that why did bring the prisoners didnt they explain in the episode that the hunter association guy can handle them all thats why he is going with them. Now all of you are just hate watching it. Leaving that aside i will give this episode a solid 8/10 .
Mar 2, 10:57 AM

May 2020
Pretty sure plenty of stuff this episode was anime original. Though I'm guessing, if this is planned as a two cour series to begin with, then they'd conclude with the first season of the manhwa. So these stuff kind of makes sense.

Anyways, I remember this part.. the reunion(not the correct word, but still) of folks who went through that tragedy. They again are going as a group into the dungeon, which I'm sure nobody thought would ever happen, but this raid will be one to remember. So looking forward.
Mar 2, 10:59 AM

Aug 2015
There was no point to this episode. Boring and Frustrating
Mar 2, 10:59 AM
Apr 2022
People in the anime community cannot stomach episodes that help flesh out the world whatsoever. I found this ep more interesting then some of the action eps ngl. It was also very well put together
Mar 2, 11:03 AM

May 2021
This is what was delayed. A filler episode, after flashback episode? I thought there was going to be another action filled episode and they couldn't finish animation in time but this episode it was mostly slideshows.
Mar 2, 11:04 AM

May 2021
Reply to thebrentinator24
Mostly a build up episode leading to them making their way into the dungeon. What an interesting twist of fate that the survivors from the beginning of the show are all together again. Glad to see Joohee back out there.
@thebrentinator24 doubt it's a twist of fate. It all smells of not so elaborate setup.
Mar 2, 11:06 AM

May 2021
Reply to i_want_to_escape
A boring episode, a lot of awkward exposition, especially the thing about how guilds work and about making a new one. I also hated the flashback. It it obviously to make you care about the swordsman guy, but it was done so by the numbers that it is painful to watch. I don't know who do you have to be to be suddenly invested in this character.

It was good seeing Joohee though. She clearly has to overcome some trauma. I wonder how they will realize that. I hope she will be more than a damsel in distress who falls for the MC.

What is this guy's deal?

@i_want_to_escape am assuming she will die. It all smells of such twist which is supposedly hidden in plain sight. Warnings, insecurity, horny prisoners. Whole thing is being set up against her. At least that's what am talking from it. Didn't read manga or novel or whatever. Just a hunch and wast knowledge of cliches.
Mar 2, 11:08 AM

May 2021
Reply to Peenutz
People in the anime community cannot stomach episodes that help flesh out the world whatsoever. I found this ep more interesting then some of the action eps ngl. It was also very well put together
@Peenutz only if you've never heard of concept of guilds and similar. Otherwise it's just regurgitation of things pretty much everyone knows at this point and it was said in this very same show multiple times. Am thinking this negative response is a result of the delay from last week. We were left on a cliff-hanger and then delay and then filler and then people see there are only few more episodes and get annoyed.
Mar 2, 11:16 AM

Aug 2022
Those convicts are bound to cause trouble.
Mar 2, 11:18 AM

Dec 2016
Reply to MeanEYE
@Peenutz only if you've never heard of concept of guilds and similar. Otherwise it's just regurgitation of things pretty much everyone knows at this point and it was said in this very same show multiple times. Am thinking this negative response is a result of the delay from last week. We were left on a cliff-hanger and then delay and then filler and then people see there are only few more episodes and get annoyed.
@MeanEYE

To be fair it's still necessary as the introduction of other guilds in a power struggle to monopolize the loot from the dungeons. Rich boy Yoo and his daddy's company are a new threat for the old fat cats. We also needed to see the faces of these corpos along with blondie that more than likely will be an important character later on. Character introductions are necessary even if the corporative subplot isn't the main dish of the series.

It was also a nice piece of decor to show us the aftermath of Joo-Hee & one arm oldman Song. It would have felt incredibly dry if they were summoned to this new dungeon out of nowhere.

Edit: It's also necessary to establish Jin-Woo's change of heart towards rich boy's offer of teaming up, since he obviously needs to gather more exp to tackle the big dungeon to find the resources for his mother's cure.

In my opinion everything shown in this episode it's necessary ground work for the future episodes.
KimurahMar 2, 11:25 AM
Mar 2, 11:22 AM

May 2021
Reply to Kimurah
@MeanEYE

To be fair it's still necessary as the introduction of other guilds in a power struggle to monopolize the loot from the dungeons. Rich boy Yoo and his daddy's company are a new threat for the old fat cats. We also needed to see the faces of these corpos along with blondie that more than likely will be an important character later on. Character introductions are necessary even if the corporative subplot isn't the main dish of the series.

It was also a nice piece of decor to show us the aftermath of Joo-Hee & one arm oldman Song. It would have felt incredibly dry if they were summoned to this new dungeon out of nowhere.

Edit: It's also necessary to establish Jin-Woo's change of heart towards rich boy's offer of teaming up, since he obviously needs to gather more exp to tackle the big dungeon to find the resources for his mother's cure.

In my opinion everything shown in this episode it's necessary ground work for the future episodes.
@Kimurah I think this episode would land much better if there was no delay/flashback episode last week.
Mar 2, 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
Joohee having this bad relationship with her mom feels bad, I have been there.

I hate buildup eps like this because you can tell it will end before anything good happens
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 2, 11:23 AM
Feb 2024
Already Waiting for next Episode
Mar 2, 11:25 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to MeanEYE
@MeanEYE it built up plenty of stuff never mentioned in the anime before. I thought the stuff about Jeju island was good, and I thought meeting jinho’s dad was quite important in order to clarify their goals and help visualize him a bit more
Mar 2, 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
These guys are less organized than your average pro sports team, but we're supposed to believe the world has based all industry including energy production on them? Then they surprise them with convicts? This is something I'd expect a little kid in elementary school to write.
Mar 2, 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
Reply to Peenutz
@Peenutz It's not fleshing out the world, it's showing the world doesn't even have a skeleton let alone flesh, it's just a bunch of little kid nonsense.
Mar 2, 11:30 AM
Jan 2018
I wouldn't mind a buildup episode if the characters weren't so fucking boring
Mar 2, 11:31 AM

Apr 2012
What a turd of an episode:

1.) "Coincidence" my ass. And they believe it. Come on.

2.) Using prisoners to fill the gap? And ones that are openly hostile? Fucking lol, ONLY IN ANIME. But I guess we need that rape attempt-scene next episode, huh.

This anime is such a let down ...
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Mar 2, 11:32 AM
Jan 2011
Hated it. Short review of this anime would be 'Actually not bad, but pacing makes it terrible' and they give us this wreck of an episode just after doing cocky 7,5? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy isekai/game/similar stuff, and I heard good stuff about manhwa, but if this is what we're working with, then better go and watch Dungeon Meshi, Loop 7-kaime or Saijaku Tamer. We're on episode 8, and I feel like you could put everything that happend until now in 3 episodes. With spare. Still better than vinland saga s2, they managed to make 3 good episodes in 24 episode series.
Mar 2, 11:33 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Sokah
These guys are less organized than your average pro sports team, but we're supposed to believe the world has based all industry including energy production on them? Then they surprise them with convicts? This is something I'd expect a little kid in elementary school to write.
@Sokah what ??????????/
Mar 2, 11:34 AM

Jun 2023
You could probably wait until next week then watch this and ep 9.
Mar 2, 11:36 AM

Aug 2023
Embient said:
I feel like that bingo board will become important later
I find Joohee still not giving up under all these circumstances really admirable. No one would blame her if she quit, but she's still doing it.
Oh, is this the Island from the start of episode 1?
I reeeeeally hope no one dies this time T-T

my brother and criste you ar in for a good one
Mar 2, 11:40 AM

Dec 2016
Reply to MeanEYE
@Kimurah I think this episode would land much better if there was no delay/flashback episode last week.
@MeanEYE

But that's an issue with the broadcast schedule (due to production delay or possibly a planned rest). It's not an issue regarding the content and story unfolding as I thought it was your initial concern.
Mar 2, 11:40 AM

Jan 2018
After a one-week break, Solo Leveling is finally back.

Ngl this episode was kind of a letdown. A one-week break just for an exposition dump episode? They could've dropped the recap episode next week for a much better build up for the next episode.

Interesting how survivors from the infamous mission are gathered here. Surely nothing fishy is going on.

I did like Jinwoo's reunion with Joohee and Song though. It was about time he met them again. Wonder how things are going to turn out...
Mar 2, 11:41 AM

Aug 2011
Why yes thank you for the butt shot of Cha Hae-In.
Mar 2, 11:52 AM

Jul 2017
This was such a chore to watch, especially coming of a break last week. The characters just are nowhere near good or interesting enough from this episode to carry an exposition-heavy build of an episode, and even with what the anime original content was trying to add in some little ways, everything felt so dull to watch that there was just no impact in general. I don't mind series like these having exposition-heavy episodes, in fact in some cases, it helps a lot to build a world that is more than just the most generic setting imaginable. Just the execution here was sleep-inducing to sit through with some absurd stuff taking place too with the end there with the criminals being a part of the party in this raid lol.
Mar 2, 11:54 AM
Apr 2012
This episode covered 1.5 chapter of the webtoon, maybe even less... At this rate I wonder if we'll even see the Igris fight this season.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

165 by Sats »»
Yesterday, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

226 by Sats »»
Yesterday, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

383 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

411 by wildhood »»
May 19, 8:13 AM

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

26 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 16, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.