Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 28, 11:59 AM
Nov 2017
Reply to Old_School_Akira
Yaoi shipping is better than yuri shipping
@Old_School_Akira sexual shipping of asexuals is better than both yaoi and yuri
Feb 28, 3:32 PM

Jul 2019
I'm not a shipper as such but when I ship characters it's mostly yuri ships.

Feb 28, 10:00 PM

Feb 2022
Why aren't we crazy about yuri shipping?

because gay is not what most people like. duh
Feb 28, 10:43 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Old_School_Akira
Yaoi shipping is better than yuri shipping
@Old_School_Akira, absolutely, you are totally right!
Feb 28, 10:54 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to omorashi
Why aren't we crazy about yuri shipping?

because gay is not what most people like. duh
@omorashi Most men definitely like lesbians.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Feb 28, 11:50 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to LostSpectre
LostSpectre said:

I definitely prefer lesbians over dudes. ^^b
Feb 29, 2:15 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to Maou_heika
@Merve2Love Girls watch BL for the "juicy" parts and you seriously think they are not as degenerate as guys!? Who do you think write all those degenerate BL rape fantasy stories? The only difference is guys are more straightforward with their likes while girls tend to sugar-coat these things.
@Maou_heika

They do, sometimes. Im not arguing that xD
I don't think "sugar coating it" is the only difference, but there you go - there ARE differences^^
Feb 29, 6:09 AM

Mar 2017
Because fujoshis are another level of craziness
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Feb 29, 6:18 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
@Amaterasu803 Indeed, but yours topped all the others by a mile because it deprives men from valuing emotional relationships and reduces them to crude horndogs. Again I don't know if this holds true or not, it's just a hilarious assumption.

@Zarutaku it’s just my irl observations of men. Ofc not all men, just like 90%
Feb 29, 6:28 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Maou_heika
Merve2Love said:
As a female: The Yaoi shipping also comes through a lot of dreamy, emotional attachment to characters. It's (generaly speaking) not as sexual as a male point of view.

Amaterasu803 said:
Because men are sexual beings who themselves do not value deep and emotional relationships. Shipping for girls is usually a very emotional thing (e.g., these characters are great for each other, he's so nice to him/her, I ship them) Most guys do not think "wow, they have so a strong emotional bond, I ship

I loled hard at these two replies. Girls are just as much into sexual fantasies and fetishes as men are, the amount of BL with mindless sexual content including noncon, dubcon, straight up romanticized rape and abuse and even the victim shown to be liking it and falling in love with his rapist is proof of that. Also where was the emotional relationship when Levi kicked Eren? So many fujos started shipping them after that incident.
@Maou_heika Girls can be sexual duh. Hence why I said usually. Sometimes we really wanna see character bang each other, thus why toxic ships can be fun because usually it’s hot. But girls are in general more emotional beings.

Also you guys have to understand BL is a very niche market. Compared to hetro romance, BL is a small fraction of the romance market. A lot of girls aren’t into that. I’m not into that. I like Yuri more if anything. When I generalize men, it’s most men. But when men try to generalize women, it’s alway a small percentage of women.

Also idk who Levi or Eren are so.
Feb 29, 6:50 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to Amaterasu803
@Maou_heika Girls can be sexual duh. Hence why I said usually. Sometimes we really wanna see character bang each other, thus why toxic ships can be fun because usually it’s hot. But girls are in general more emotional beings.

Also you guys have to understand BL is a very niche market. Compared to hetro romance, BL is a small fraction of the romance market. A lot of girls aren’t into that. I’m not into that. I like Yuri more if anything. When I generalize men, it’s most men. But when men try to generalize women, it’s alway a small percentage of women.

Also idk who Levi or Eren are so.
@Amaterasu803
Amaterasu803 said:
Sometimes we really wanna see character bang each other, thus why toxic ships can be fun because usually it’s hot. But girls are in general more emotional beings.
And how is that any different than men? What sort of these so called emotions do you have while you ship those toxic relationships? Most likely lust.

MAL lists a total of 10,147 BL manga while there are 17,467 Romance manga, as opposed to that there's only 1,698 GL manga. Added to that almost all major shounen franchise have BL ships made up by fujos. I wouldn't call BL that niche looking at those numbers. I've seen girls get overly emotional when it comes to defending their hot gay rapist in BL, if you haven't been around fujos you most likely don't know how passionate they get with these ships.

Do you have any proof that men are generalizing a small percentage of women? Because in my experience girls are equally horny and degenerate as guys, they only difference is girls usually don't admit to their fetishes and try to honey-coat things.

You seriously don't know who Eren and Levi are? Do you live under a rock!?
Feb 29, 7:00 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to red-tomato
Because fujoshis are another level of craziness
@red-tomato, really? Fudanshi too?
Feb 29, 12:17 PM

Apr 2012
Lol, are you kidding? Modern yuri fans are far superior to any fujoshi in terms of passion or obsession. Especially considering that due to the way tropes work, it is much easier for you to convince yuri shippers that their ships are canon than fujoshi (and considering that yuri shipping is much more accessible to people regardless of gender than BL). Many fujoshi got used to the fact that many of their ships were mostly fanon and stopped taking it SO seriously, which even improved the opinion of others about them (slash part of the fandom of shows like MHA doesn't count, such shows will always attract overly excited people due to the power of their hype). Yuri fans still have to go through this, if it happens at all.

But getting back to your question, you see a lot less passionate yuri shippers because many of them limit themselves by watching/reading either only yuri, or only what they consider to be yuri, i.e. any all-female shows.
RobertBobertFeb 29, 12:23 PM
Mar 1, 4:20 AM

Mar 2017
Reply to Memore
@red-tomato, really? Fudanshi too?
@Memore I'd say yes as a joke.

If you want an honest answer, I really don't know since I've yet to see one. They also aren't as loud as fujos tend to be. Granted, my impression is based on 2016-2019 internet culture and times have changed. Not to say that male anime fans don't go ballistic on other things, but if you know the Go/Jo figure incident you'd probably understand why I meant by the original comment.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Mar 1, 6:54 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to red-tomato
@Memore I'd say yes as a joke.

If you want an honest answer, I really don't know since I've yet to see one. They also aren't as loud as fujos tend to be. Granted, my impression is based on 2016-2019 internet culture and times have changed. Not to say that male anime fans don't go ballistic on other things, but if you know the Go/Jo figure incident you'd probably understand why I meant by the original comment.
@red-tomato, no, I don't know about it. I am fudanshi, that is why I asked you about it.
Mar 1, 6:59 AM

Jun 2017
I think male weebs don't like characters that wouldn't be attracted to them.

Generally speaking, yaoi is better written and gets more respect than yuri. But both are pretty sparse and somewhat unpopular.
Mar 1, 8:30 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Maou_heika
@Amaterasu803
Amaterasu803 said:
Sometimes we really wanna see character bang each other, thus why toxic ships can be fun because usually it’s hot. But girls are in general more emotional beings.
And how is that any different than men? What sort of these so called emotions do you have while you ship those toxic relationships? Most likely lust.

MAL lists a total of 10,147 BL manga while there are 17,467 Romance manga, as opposed to that there's only 1,698 GL manga. Added to that almost all major shounen franchise have BL ships made up by fujos. I wouldn't call BL that niche looking at those numbers. I've seen girls get overly emotional when it comes to defending their hot gay rapist in BL, if you haven't been around fujos you most likely don't know how passionate they get with these ships.

Do you have any proof that men are generalizing a small percentage of women? Because in my experience girls are equally horny and degenerate as guys, they only difference is girls usually don't admit to their fetishes and try to honey-coat things.

You seriously don't know who Eren and Levi are? Do you live under a rock!?
@Maou_heika I would say those satistics isn't exactly realistic in my opinion. Most of BL works from what I know are short series that span over 1 to 20 chapters filled smut scenes with no plot. If you exclude those, I would say the number of works that are just genuine romances would be same as GL works.
Mar 1, 10:14 AM

Jan 2021
nuh uh lets not be crazy about yaoi or yuri shipping

Migi... Handle the defence.
Mar 1, 11:08 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to Yuri-Crusader
There are whole sites dedicated to Yuri ships such as Dynasty Reader. And if you search for females only on some hentai sites you get a great result =P Believe me I know Hehehehehehe😎😎😎😎

Sadly today Yuri is not as popular as heterosexual anime. Therefore fanart hentai and similar content should be at a greater volume

Also as soon as you dare to have a gay ship hateful and toxic responses will follow. I couldn't care less if I pissed off a homophobe or two LOL, but some people can't handle the hate

So I think many chose other sites to have their ships whereas others have a similar mindset

But as long as I live, I will post pictures of my lesbian ships,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Because Yuri is truly great and one day it will conquer the earth

@Yuri-Crusader As a chad yuri enjoyer myself, I second this opinion! #YuriShallConquerTheEarth
Mar 1, 2:50 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Amaterasu803
A girlie pop opinion sorry:

Because men are sexual beings who themselves do not value deep and emotional relationships. Shipping for girls is usually a very emotional thing (e.g., these characters are great for each other, he's so nice to him/her, I ship them) Most guys do not think "wow, they have so a strong emotional bond, I ship them." They think, "wow, I hope the main character gets to fuck her, her tits are huge." It's simply because you men think differently.
@Amaterasu803 There's certainly a sentiment of truth here, but you dialed these generalizations up to 1,000. lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 1, 6:41 PM

Mar 2013
It kind of depends. I think yuribaiting is not nearly as prevalent anymore, and trying to ship two characters who are not implied to have that sort of connection does get a bit annoying. I use to be on the yuri ship train, but growing older, I only ship characters who have chemistry. A good example of this is Kou and Rin from New Game!, who are not canonically gay as far as I know but clearly have a deep and persistent friendship.

Mar 1, 10:26 PM

May 2021
Genuinely don't get the appeal of yuri/GL tbh
Mar 1, 10:47 PM

Sep 2008
1. not part of your hivemind
2. the dick is my selfinsert.
I ship female characters with my dick, not with females.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Mar 2, 6:22 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
Lol, are you kidding? Modern yuri fans are far superior to any fujoshi in terms of passion or obsession. Especially considering that due to the way tropes work, it is much easier for you to convince yuri shippers that their ships are canon than fujoshi (and considering that yuri shipping is much more accessible to people regardless of gender than BL). Many fujoshi got used to the fact that many of their ships were mostly fanon and stopped taking it SO seriously, which even improved the opinion of others about them (slash part of the fandom of shows like MHA doesn't count, such shows will always attract overly excited people due to the power of their hype). Yuri fans still have to go through this, if it happens at all.

But getting back to your question, you see a lot less passionate yuri shippers because many of them limit themselves by watching/reading either only yuri, or only what they consider to be yuri, i.e. any all-female shows.
@RobertBobert Are you serious? I would recommend you to visit r/yurimemes for a second. You will notice the toxicity of Yuri shippers that will put fujoshis to shame
Mar 2, 9:09 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Sanjay63773
@RobertBobert Are you serious? I would recommend you to visit r/yurimemes for a second. You will notice the toxicity of Yuri shippers that will put fujoshis to shame
@Sanjay63773 Did you read my comment carefully?
Mar 2, 9:26 AM

Nov 2017
I don't know 'bout this "we" stuff, but I'll always love yuri.

In fact, I'm a 姫男子 who has a lot of yuri doujinshi of my favourite ships like Nozomi x Nico, You x Yoshiko Yohane, Karin x Setsuna, Maki x Riko, and Saber Alter x Jeanne d'Arc Alter

Mar 2, 9:27 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
We are silent, but we are legion. Guys are just too embarrassed to admit it. If asked their favorite anime is JJK, when it's actually Bloom into you.
Mar 2, 5:25 PM

Feb 2022
Say it for yourself, all I care is gay girls I'm rite
Mar 2, 6:19 PM

Jun 2008
Personally I'm not into Yuri so that's why I'm not into shipping in this category. Not that I'm big into shipping in any category really. I just usually like to see where the authors take the characters.
Mar 4, 8:57 AM

Apr 2021
@Maou_heika I am not changing the topic, I don't understand your obtuse thinking. You are judging humans online and basing your opinion on that instead of people in the real world, which is contemptible. It's giving pick me self hatred and I don't see the point in continuing a conversation that is not based on any logic or understanding. Respectfully.
Mar 4, 9:24 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to Amaterasu803
@Maou_heika I am not changing the topic, I don't understand your obtuse thinking. You are judging humans online and basing your opinion on that instead of people in the real world, which is contemptible. It's giving pick me self hatred and I don't see the point in continuing a conversation that is not based on any logic or understanding. Respectfully.
@Amaterasu803 People show their true faces online where they can remain anonymous. You are talking as if you have some valid source of well researched information. What was your logic behind men being more horny exactly?
Mar 4, 11:14 AM

Jun 2007
I would say that the answer lies in the difference between transformational and curatorial fandom, i.e. that female fans are more likely to engage in creative actions like fan fiction, fan art, and cosplay that alter or challenge canon material in media. That would include BL-themed shipping, especially for more mainstream works where outright romantic material between male characters is limited. Straight-male fans of girls' love have a lot more content that directly appeals to them, whether it's GL-themed titles like MariMite, Strawberry Panic, Yuru Yuri, Bloom Into You, Citrus, Sasameki Koto, and Sweet Blue Flowers, or yuribait in all-female cast shows like Strike Witches, Hidamari Sketch, K-On!, Love Live, Azur Lane, etc. And of course, there's likely doujins out there if we want the lewds.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Mar 5, 2:44 AM
Thread Cleaned.

Off-topic and rule violating posts have been removed.
Mar 5, 10:39 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Maou_heika
@Amaterasu803 People show their true faces online where they can remain anonymous. You are talking as if you have some valid source of well researched information. What was your logic behind men being more horny exactly?
@Maou_heika look up g-rape statistics for one. It's not that hard to use critical thinking babes.
Mar 5, 11:45 AM

Dec 2017
"not into yuri" yeah visit some random anime server or some general anime image galleries and see how many yuri vs yaoi pictures you find.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Mar 6, 3:31 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to nyugvo6
1. not part of your hivemind
2. the dick is my selfinsert.
I ship female characters with my dick, not with females.
@nyugvo6 This is the possibly best answer in the thread
Mar 6, 3:52 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I kind of am, but I don't subject others to that unless it's relevant. I used too, though, and it was really funny because I pissed off one of my friends because I wouldn't stop talking about it. I was a lot younger, though.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 6, 4:06 AM
Apr 2022
I think my post get deleted because I violated something.

I likes GL. But you're right. Maybe because the Yuri shipper not to crazy than the opposite shipper.
Mar 15, 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Amaterasu803
A girlie pop opinion sorry:

Because men are sexual beings who themselves do not value deep and emotional relationships. Shipping for girls is usually a very emotional thing (e.g., these characters are great for each other, he's so nice to him/her, I ship them) Most guys do not think "wow, they have so a strong emotional bond, I ship them." They think, "wow, I hope the main character gets to fuck her, her tits are huge." It's simply because you men think differently.
@Amaterasu803

That is a very sexist opinion and shows a general lack of experience with men in real life. Please become better, I guess.

It's also sexist against women like they can't be just incredibly horny without having a sexual bond with the person they get down with.
Mar 15, 9:20 AM

Jan 2021
In my experience, I've found that most male anime fans who like yuri/yaoi are more quiet about it, only sticking to their specific circles. This doesn't account for all of them of course, and you'll also have crazies in there as well. You'll also find female yuri/yaoi fans who keep to themselves, but many of the most volatile or outspoken people are often women, which makes sense given the mental image that comes with the term fujoshi.

I don't know if I'm necessarily a fan of yuri, but I can enjoy canon yuri as well as shipping (one of my favorite overall ships is Chisato/Takina from LycoReco, despite how new it is). However, I am definitely part of the CGDCT crowd that prefers an all female cast in slice of life over an all male or mix gender cast.

There's also a point to be made that males may find it harder to ship yuri, especially if they self insert easily.

Mar 15, 9:43 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Acctra
In my experience, I've found that most male anime fans who like yuri/yaoi are more quiet about it, only sticking to their specific circles. This doesn't account for all of them of course, and you'll also have crazies in there as well. You'll also find female yuri/yaoi fans who keep to themselves, but many of the most volatile or outspoken people are often women, which makes sense given the mental image that comes with the term fujoshi.

I don't know if I'm necessarily a fan of yuri, but I can enjoy canon yuri as well as shipping (one of my favorite overall ships is Chisato/Takina from LycoReco, despite how new it is). However, I am definitely part of the CGDCT crowd that prefers an all female cast in slice of life over an all male or mix gender cast.

There's also a point to be made that males may find it harder to ship yuri, especially if they self insert easily.
@Acctra, yes, we are usually quite, I agree.
Apr 28, 4:55 PM
Mar 2024
To throw my hat in the ring, there's this video I saw like a few months ago that talks about why F/F (or Yuri in this case) is less popular than M/M or even M/F pairings right here:

And speaking as someone who really likes Yuri, be it wholesome or admittedly, even hentai of it, seeing that video reminds me why I feel the genre is still underrated in my eyes...and why I think anyone who says they hate yuri/say it's boring can go suck it for all I care. But rambling aside, the video I mentioned above is something you should watch, even if it is admittedly almost 50 minutes long.
Apr 28, 5:24 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Sanjay63773
@nyugvo6 This is the possibly best answer in the thread
@Sanjay63773 Also the most sad. Broaden your fantasies my dude. If you really like female characters that much, why wouldn't you want to see several of them together?
Apr 28, 8:28 PM

Aug 2017
I think the difference between yuri fans and fujos is not all straight males are crazy about yuri shipping unlike straight females with yaoi shipping. Some straight males like straight shipping too (for obvious reasons besides some self-insert into the male character). Straight woman aka fujos are crazy about yaoi since they avoid self-inserting into straight females unlike their male contrapart.

And if u ask about lesbians and yuri, I barely know lesbians interesed in yuri compared to gays interesed in yaoi. I think some lesbians are more open in being interesed in straight females characters than gays being interesed in straight males (this is a supposition, idk if its true, I'm very attracted to straight males), so yuri isn't even popular among lesbians. Maybe I'm a bit biased too since, as a gay man, I found yuri disgusting.

So straight women (fujos) and gays are more united for yaoi shipping than straight men and lesbians for yuri shipping.
NurguburuApr 28, 8:59 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 28, 8:42 PM

Apr 2020
Women like yoai because they can see guys they find attractive treat people like crap but it won’t be misogynist because instead of it happening to a frail girl, it happens to a frail boy (a type of guy also attractive to women) so they get the best of both worlds. I imagine it’s harder for a psyche like that to translate into yuri because I doubt men identify with the female characters in that way.
Also there’s WAY more social stigma and taboo for men to men relationships than female to female, so the storylines are usually more interesting for fujoshis I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 3 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 7

118 by TheMechaManiac »»
3 minutes ago

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - Yesterday

25 by animegamer245 »»
6 minutes ago

» Is the concept of a villain stupid?

Anjuro - 6 hours ago

23 by APolygons2 »»
14 minutes ago

» Score Inflation

Lucifrost - 2 hours ago

12 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
30 minutes ago

» Anime sequels that fell off ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - May 11

55 by ysosseriouss »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.