Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
This episode really loves potions...

While Sora is just a slime, it gets along so well with Ivy. The two has a budding relationship that is unique and sweet. This episode also adds more depth into the story lore with Ivy's background knowledge too. All-around neat episode.
Feb 2, 6:40 AM

Feb 2020
So many bags and potions.

The story is getting better and better. And I really love all the interactions between Ivy and Sora. They are such a cute pair. ^^

That rat counting was pretty amusing. It's nice to see Ivy making some money.

SerafosFeb 2, 8:38 AM
Feb 2, 6:56 AM

Apr 2014
I really love how she used the wild rats as her own unit of measurement. πŸ˜‚
δ½•γγ‚ŒοΌŸζ„ε‘³εˆ†γ‹γ‚“γͺい
Feb 2, 7:11 AM
Feb 2020
Ivy got lots of money and lots of bags.
The animation seems to be better than previous 2 episodes.
For some reason thought she was just from another fantasy world before mentioning an alarm clock.
Feb 2, 7:21 AM

Jun 2008
This was a fun little episode. A very good glimpse at how Ivy approaches things in general. The whole magic bag scene was hilarious. Trying to figure out the most optimal bag-in-bag scenario while losing sight of the big picture... Namely, one does need to eventually take out items from the bags.

Her field rat counting method was also cute. When you only have one point of reference, it suddenly becomes how one measures the world. Reminds me of another LN where magic bag size is, to the MC, measured by how many wyverns can fit in one.

Ivy's behavior in town is also interesting to obverse. She adopts a "deeper" voice to keep up the boy act as best as possible. The way she reacts to people starring at her is also telling. Paranoia and timidity makes her stand out all the more. Even though it is just people wondering why she is carrying so many dirty magic bags. She is still in flight/afraid of others mode.

I do think the first half could have gone a bit faster and the animation seems to have taken a small break compared to the first 3 episodes. Not by a lot but noticeable. It was overall enjoyable for different reasons compared to the first 3 episodes.

Next week is when we should be getting to know some named characters and hopefully Ivy starts to open up from her shell a little. While the journey is looking up, she has a ways to go before she can be truly happy.

For LN differences, see below:
Feb 2, 7:27 AM
Sep 2015
Didn't expect the anime that force me to calculate some math.
This anime surely takes its time for world building, which is nice! But since it only has 12 episodes I think it's time for the main dish, otherwise it won't have time left for dessert.
Feb 2, 7:37 AM

Apr 2016
Ok, first things first ... that is one hell of a big branch, lol ... very wide.

And the second thing, i wanted to ask this last week too actually, is there some untold reason for this world having all these random garbage dumps all around ? Its so often at this point that i'm starting to think there is some significance to it.
Feb 2, 7:44 AM
Feb 2018
Enjoyed the episode but as a manga reader I don't remember the bedtime story ivy told sora
Feb 2, 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
Sora really loves potions, and Ivy...needs to gather more field mice to sell for more money. And with its yearning for more potions, they find another pile of trash to find more potions...as long as its blue in colour, it doesn't matter. Sora can also eat green, but not eat red nor purple, but mix it close to blue and it'll do. Too bad that it can't eat noberries, and Sora...just wants more lols. The way to stop its big appetite is by telling it a bedtime story, but that made her sleepy, and needless to say, Sora had eaten all of the blue and red potions available. And catching not a field mice, but a snake monster instead, both Ivy and Sora soon encountered dead people with an overturned merchant cart, and approaching the nearest town's town hall for help, they are alarmed by this.

One warrior whom hears of this situation, prepares his party to mobilize and face the monsters nearing Latoto Village. Icy getting a bigger reward than what she usually earns, and encountering yet another pile of trash with many magic bags that have different properties, Ivy wants to carry less and efficient as well. But in the process, Ivy almost losing her tip reward for 5 gidal (50 field mouse) and 2 ladal (200 field mouse), it's quite a large sum. But then again, she as to be very careful about the number of things she carries.

It's fun watching Icy have a new life with Sora, that's the only life she needs.
Feb 2, 8:14 AM

Dec 2022
well this was something
she literally made bank in one day maybe the universe is repaying her for her tragedy
or she has a special power which is luck
Feb 2, 8:14 AM

Apr 2022
Ivy is out there using the infinite storage glitch
Feb 2, 8:23 AM
Jul 2023
This series love the little details, which is appreciated. The garbage piles, value of information and potion variations just to name a few.
Feb 2, 8:28 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to Swagernator
Ok, first things first ... that is one hell of a big branch, lol ... very wide.

And the second thing, i wanted to ask this last week too actually, is there some untold reason for this world having all these random garbage dumps all around ? Its so often at this point that i'm starting to think there is some significance to it.
Yes, there is. It is covered slightly in the early LNs and more in depth around LN3/4 if my memory is correct.

For the LN spoiler reasons as we might not get to the reasons in the anime:

More detailed later spoiler from LN3/4/5ish:
CallidinFeb 2, 8:32 AM
Feb 2, 8:29 AM

Mar 2021
Lots of potions in this episode. It's great to see Ivy doing so well and making good money she and Sora are just so cute together
Feb 2, 9:12 AM

Mar 2019
My girl doing some basic math! And ofc exploiting the magic bag is also fun!
Feb 2, 9:14 AM

Jul 2014
Things must be pretty good if they're throwing away all that stuff. Sometimes this show seems more like a horror that the person that got isekaied is trapped inside her and can barely interact.
Feb 2, 9:35 AM

Sep 2016
This episode was much funnier than I expected considering last episode content.
Feb 2, 11:01 AM

Mar 2021
This episode really did a lot of things well. A little world building (the bedtime story), a bit of suspense (finding the bodies by the side of the road), and some more character building (Ivy still skittish around other people). I especially liked how she thinks about economics in terms of rat meat; very practical. I even like the isekai aspect to this show, which feels less like "reborn in a new world" and more like "I have an imaginary friend from another dimension". Definitely a unique take on the genre.

I am really digging this show. I am getting used to the slower pace, and the art is really aesthetically pleasing. Not exactly action packed, but pleasant and engaging.
absolutelynormalFeb 3, 11:10 AM
Feb 2, 12:05 PM

Feb 2007
That was a fun little math problem with the various bags. ^_^
Feb 2, 12:55 PM

Sep 2023
Sound produced by Sora is really irritating, was it so necessary to add such detail to this series?
Feb 2, 2:14 PM

Sep 2018
Way better than episode 3, please stay like this.
Feb 2, 2:16 PM

May 2015
If we had to drink every time she said majiku bagu...

Although, this was so relatable somehow, lol
Feb 2, 5:17 PM

May 2019
Ivy using field mice as a measure of currency was pretty cute, and it was nice seeing her use her brain to figure out the bag storage issue. I was wondering if she was going to try to sell the extra bags since I doubt she would need that many. Regardless she has made good $$ with the sale of the snake and the tip reward.

Hopefully she'll meet some trustworthy people since I get a bad feeling when she's alone out in the forest like when she found the wagon with dead people and horses.
Feb 2, 5:31 PM
Aug 2022
It’s definitely worth every now and then for me to check out random isekai which look trash, cause occasionally I’ll find shows like this which I’m absolutely loving so far.

I find it really random but a cool twist on the usual isekai trope that ivy has a split conscious from her past life.

The part we’re she had to sort those bags absolutely fried my brain

I love how ivy just compares money with field mice now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Feb 2, 7:20 PM

Oct 2023
Absolutely loving the magic bag gag! The scene of Ivy taking out all of her magic bags is definitely parodying SpongeBob's Chocolate episode!
Feb 2, 7:44 PM
Apr 2023
So this is probably taking the spot of the gloomy and dire (but with a bit of Iyashikei) anime for this season. I guess it is taking the spot after ButaReba last season (it's final episode will be released this Feb 2024 after the production hell it went through - such a wasted opportunity).

PS: I can't help but chuckle knowing that Ivy is voiced by Suzuki Aina, the same voice actressed who voiced the crazy Jashin-chan. But yeah, Suzuki Aina is a talented seiyuu and singer as well (she sang the opening song for this anime and she occasionally sings as Jashin-chan in that anime).
And I have to check the manga adaptation to see if there is info how Ivy managed that magic bag puzzle.
Feb 2, 7:58 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, I love this episode.
The pacing is so normal that watching the two of them is just so enjoyable. Now this is what anime should be! πŸ₯°

Sora was annoying for Fem eating all her potions... was so adorable... the pu~pu~ sounds makes me not want to smack Sora. Fem's reactions were definitely delightful.

Femicia has finally earned a lot of currency.. Let's hope it won't be stolen... πŸ˜–
CrazyButNot4UFeb 2, 8:02 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 2, 8:55 PM
Sep 2016
Challenge this week: Count how many times Ivy said "Majiku Bagu" this EP!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Feb 3, 12:44 AM

Mar 2014
Things seems to be going well for Ivy earning so much money that I'm now worried, I have absolutely zero faith in this show not to do something to screw over this poor child somehow.
Feb 3, 2:05 AM

Jul 2021
It sure is in no rush to get anywhere, and somehow I don't mind.

Ivy figuring things out and finding the joy in small things is just very chill and cute. The ED really encapsulates the show for me.

Hopefully she'll meet some good people soon and find a good use for the money.
Feb 3, 2:51 AM
Mar 2020
The constant "hey forgot this is supposed to be an isekai yet, here let me remind you!" shoehorn every 4 minutes is starting to sour me on the show. Its a shame too, it'd be pretty enjoyable otherwise
Feb 3, 3:31 AM
Feb 2021
She is soo cutee
<3
Feb 3, 3:55 AM

Sep 2010
I don't suppose this world has banks for holding that amount of money?

Hand-sorting through piles of trash for usable materials is, as far as I know, a career for the most impoverished people in the real world. Ivy doesn't seem to have it quite that bad though. ...except for the contract on her life I guess.
TakataFeb 3, 6:41 AM
Feb 3, 6:58 AM

Nov 2013
Why do I have strong suspicion she mistook the bag and put money in one of the trashy ones. Since it's such a pain to carry them all, she may just toss it or burn it, thus lose money...

-_-

Feb 3, 9:00 AM

Jun 2016
this is so purest and she is too adorable !!
Feb 3, 9:14 AM

Oct 2008
so cute when Ivy is overwhelmed with computing the money she rightfully earned!
5/5.

Feb 3, 10:11 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
Why do I have strong suspicion she mistook the bag and put money in one of the trashy ones. Since it's such a pain to carry them all, she may just toss it or burn it, thus lose money...

-_-

@Sigmar-Unberogen
lol that would feel kinda bad, but i imagine she will go through all the bags later to see if there's something inside before throwing them out

---

- the slime eats a lot of potions, it's growing healthy and even started to eat other color potions, interesting
- magic bag magic bag magic bag lol she looked funny carrying all those bags in the end
- lots of tasty berries huh, she sure is having fun in her adventures
- well she saved the village from a possible attack, rip those people tho, i was wondering if the slime couldn't heal them, but she was scared and the people were probably already dead
- damn, she got 250 rats worth of money in one day, how long would it take her to collect that many? geez
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 3, 1:21 PM
Feb 2015
I'm gonna get fucking nightmares about just the word "Magic Bag" πŸ˜‚
Feb 3, 1:27 PM
Feb 2015
Reply to Phantom_373
It’s definitely worth every now and then for me to check out random isekai which look trash, cause occasionally I’ll find shows like this which I’m absolutely loving so far.

I find it really random but a cool twist on the usual isekai trope that ivy has a split conscious from her past life.

The part we’re she had to sort those bags absolutely fried my brain

Phantom_373 said:

When I was a kid, next door we had a small newsagents and they sold Drumstick lollipops 5p each
Whenever I saw the price of certain stuff I used to equate that to however much of those Drumsticks I could get πŸ˜‚
Feb 3, 2:12 PM

Mar 2010
That bedtime story was a very bad one. Guess its perfect for making people for asleep kek. Looks like she reached a new town. Hope she gets to meet new characters
Feb 3, 2:13 PM

Nov 2022
Ok but does a magic bag tally the number of magic bags already stored within the magic bags it stores? Hmmm, I think not otherwise she'd have quite a few bags left over...
Feb 3, 8:22 PM

Dec 2010
1. Ainya repeating magic bag so many times is hilarious... I wonder how many takes did she do.
2. That math part was fun to see. I bet children or even adults these days can't compute mental math like what she did.
3. Looking forward to more happy and less depression. Especially you Sora
Feb 3, 11:56 PM

Nov 2012
Ecstatic that she didn't fall while running.

Why would one need so many magic bags, especially w/o a cobbling or sewing skill? She didn't even check the contents to see if there was anything worth taking.
Feb 4, 8:39 AM

Jan 2014
The mood lightens up, uncertain though if it's going to be like this going forward since it's story about a child being abandoned by her parents.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓡𝓸𝓡𝓡𝔂𝓰π“ͺ𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 4, 9:48 AM
Apr 2023
It wasn't necessary this episode, but as I'm watching this show I'm constantly feeling on edge that someone is going to recognise her or hunt her 😬

Nice to have an episode ending where she can be better off and relaxed though. Not sure what the end result of the slime will be (guessing it's maybe something "obvious" like it will be able to heal her or something?) but looking forward to seeing what happens in the end :)
Feb 4, 11:15 AM

Feb 2007
Reply to GooseHybrid
It wasn't necessary this episode, but as I'm watching this show I'm constantly feeling on edge that someone is going to recognise her or hunt her 😬

Nice to have an episode ending where she can be better off and relaxed though. Not sure what the end result of the slime will be (guessing it's maybe something "obvious" like it will be able to heal her or something?) but looking forward to seeing what happens in the end :)
GooseHybrid said:
guessing it's maybe something "obvious" like it will be able to heal her or something?

I mean, it did already heal her. Bud seeing how it can now eat another type of potions as well, I would expect it to eventually be able to eat even more types and to keep gaining the abilities of all the potions it eats. Especially since we were specifically told the effects of the various potions this time.
Feb 4, 2:45 PM
Sep 2012
A wholesome episode. When suddenly - MATH!
(I enjoyed that magic bag math problem)
Feb 4, 3:28 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to luinthoron
GooseHybrid said:
guessing it's maybe something "obvious" like it will be able to heal her or something?

I mean, it did already heal her. Bud seeing how it can now eat another type of potions as well, I would expect it to eventually be able to eat even more types and to keep gaining the abilities of all the potions it eats. Especially since we were specifically told the effects of the various potions this time.
@luinthoron Ah! Yeah cheers, and I forgot about Sora the slime healing her in a previous episode (combo of watching too many different shows, and Ivy being very upset that Sora was consuming the healing potions - when she might still think it's not ~as bad~ now that Sora can heal her).

Would guess it'll learn lots of other buffs and effects from the potions now too yeah :)
Feb 4, 8:20 PM

Sep 2023
Anybody else continues to be blown away by the minute animation? Potion bottles tipping over, bags scrunching up when being packed inside each other, small hand gestures... Sora is somehow in perpetual motion whenever its on screen despite having no arms or legs to animate. All of Ivy's movements have insane detail put into them; from little things like her nervously turning around to face the receptionist to the big running sequence when she's fearfully fleeing from the corpses.

Tbh I still can't get over how well this show is being treated. The source material isn't an action story with epic fights or battles and its not that popular despite positive reception so the studio probably could have gotten away with giving it the low budget ad treatment if they really wanted to. The people behind this really must love this show.
Feb 7, 9:06 PM
Oct 2019
i stil have no idea what this show is. it felt almost like a blues clues or sesame street episode, teaching kids how to count and multiply
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I want MORE where to begin reading in the Manga?

RjtheGreat14 - Yesterday

4 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

72 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 24, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22

41 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 24, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15

32 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 24, 7:59 AM

» Beautiful anime ❀ does anyone love ivy..?

Naveen6662246 - Mar 31

25 by Aggnog »»
Apr 23, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.