Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 14, 2:41 AM

Sep 2020
I was enjoying the hell out of this until the last couple of minutes when it suddenly went all cliche super robot on me. It's like it hit me with every generic mecha trope at me in 3 short minutes. Mecha with swords making fancy poses and the like. Have a feeling its more down hill from here.

If liking lolicon makes me a pedo, not liking ecchi makes you a faggot
Jan 14, 3:22 AM
Mar 2021
First 90% of the episode was gritty and realistic, and then it turned into an absolute cheesefest. Amazing :D
Jan 14, 3:26 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Reply to dragynfaerie
I'm sorry, but did the mech sing it's own theme song or was it my imagination? I can't. Nope.
@dragynfaerie Lol, that was my favorite part, then when the MC dude was like “WTF is this song?!” 😂
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jan 14, 4:20 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to gappasaurus
@dragynfaerie Lol, that was my favorite part, then when the MC dude was like “WTF is this song?!” 😂
@gappasaurus My favorite part was when the MC went to pull that lever and he was like no we're not there yet. I think he almost ejected himself.
Jan 15, 4:57 AM
Jan 2020
You just can't get wrong with Cygames Anime Originals lmao, and the fact they got Obari to direct this
Jan 15, 10:40 AM

May 2009
Mecha show that only /m/ will love.
Jan 15, 3:51 PM
Jan 2020
Awesome! It's rare to see new super mecha nowadays.
Jan 15, 6:35 PM
Apr 2018
I had figured it was going to be super robot in nature from the title, but that had slipped my mind when all the fighting with the US army/JSDF/aliens was going on. I was so shocked when the super robot showed up and started blasting the theme song lmao what a tonal shift. Really fun!
Jan 15, 9:24 PM

Dec 2021
Bisalissy said:
Ok. My predictions for how well something is recieved are totally off - as usual. No synopsis, "American Hero Style", Alien Thread and something serious being taken... not very serious. This is essentially The Marginal Service with a taking Gundam. So I expected something with 40% dislike and a score of 4.8 - 5.2.

Anyway - regarding the show itself, I'm not quite sold yet. It was slow, but promising until the talking Gundam showed up. Because that thing did NOT fit the dark, apocalyptic atmosphere established before.

I hope next episode will get a grip on the genre and pull this show in a good, or at least fixed direction.

"Gundam"

New to mecha and super robots? Don't worry, Obari-san won't let you down
Jan 15, 9:26 PM

Dec 2021
Aquarius said:
Honestly just thought this was the anime adaption of Battle L.A in the first half and then super robots had to dash my dreams >:(

Obari-san will cleanse your soul, keep watching
Jan 16, 12:46 AM
Dec 2018
Reply to TheRedComment
Bisalissy said:
Ok. My predictions for how well something is recieved are totally off - as usual. No synopsis, "American Hero Style", Alien Thread and something serious being taken... not very serious. This is essentially The Marginal Service with a taking Gundam. So I expected something with 40% dislike and a score of 4.8 - 5.2.

Anyway - regarding the show itself, I'm not quite sold yet. It was slow, but promising until the talking Gundam showed up. Because that thing did NOT fit the dark, apocalyptic atmosphere established before.

I hope next episode will get a grip on the genre and pull this show in a good, or at least fixed direction.

"Gundam"

New to mecha and super robots? Don't worry, Obari-san won't let you down
@TheRedComment absolutely heroic characters can fit in grim militaristic settings. Bravern seems to lend itself to being like an Ultraman story. Especially since i think some staff in ultramanb blazar is working on Bravern as well. The hero super robot mecha juxtaposing the grim military tone and setting practically makes an entire story about some foreign entity bestowing their power and passion towards a form of humanity society that may be deemed as inferior.

Bravern IS taking from Ultraman
Jan 16, 2:19 AM
Nov 2007
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG... BRAVERNNNNNNNNNN!!!
Jan 17, 8:19 PM
Mar 2022
fans service mecha
Jan 18, 12:44 AM
Jan 2013
Wow A NEW BRAVE SERIES.

Mecha being revived?

Jan 18, 10:41 AM
Dec 2018
*just saw it on crunchyroll* yeah Bravern is already peak anime of 2024
Jan 18, 7:32 PM

Apr 2023
THIS IS IT BROTHERS!!!!

THIS IS WHAT I FUCKING LIVE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!
Jan 19, 11:11 AM
Dec 2016
This is so awesome
Jan 19, 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
Started so well, like a craftsman making a fine Faberge egg... and then taking it and shoving it up his butt. Wow, what a disappointment.
Jan 19, 9:37 PM
Oct 2010
This is classic giant robot cheese in the most glorious way possible.

If it had been yet another 14 year old stuffed in a robot it would have been a yawn and drop, but serious military man Isami going 'wtf is that song?' completely sold me. hahahahaha
Jan 20, 12:03 AM
Jul 2021
What the heck, hahaha. It's so ridiculous and immature that it put a huge grin on my face. I am a huge fan of Tekkaman Blade which came from the same director, and this anime feels like a full-blown parody of Tekkaman Blade.
Jan 20, 5:12 AM
Jun 2019
so gross!I won't bother watching that.
Jan 20, 2:01 PM
Jan 2017
I have no idea what I am watching anymore in the 2nd half but the first half rocked
Jan 21, 5:44 AM
Sep 2017
I was loving this until, braven showed up and the sound track and the atmosphere became something else, giving me power ranger like comparison.
Not sure I'll continue episode 2
Jan 21, 3:33 PM

Jun 2012
An anime about a real robot setting having a super robot coming out of nowhere fighting with a giant sword and intradiegetic catchy song was something I always wanted without daring to ask
Jan 21, 9:37 PM

Mar 2007
So my kid made me watch this, and as a mecha fan I was all "okay".

It starts out with the predictable war games. Then friendly rivalry with Lewis (or as my kid says, "D cups") telling Isami they need to have a rematch. I tell my kid I hope at some stage Lewis loses his shirt. (This happens in Episode 2 at the ED when my kid says "your wish is granted."

Then a super robot comes out, He's got his own theme song and moves and is all bright and shiny plus he really REALLY wants Isami to "get in" the cockpit.

LMAO, I think I spent the rest of the episode laughing!

Hoping this keeps up so I can make it a weekly watch.
Jan 22, 10:28 AM

Jan 2019
gay mecha is so back

Jan 22, 1:40 PM

Oct 2008
its almost cringe before the aliens attacked! after the aliens attacked it became cringier and when the song started w0w! its BEYOND CRINGE!!! oh my!
3/5.

Jan 23, 5:10 PM
Nov 2023
Best new anime of the season right here. Very unique and daring Mecha anime. Very strong animation and storytelling. I can say no more with out spoiling
Jan 24, 2:08 AM
Jun 2022
cool ass mech, music, and hot ass dudes no capp
Jan 25, 4:07 AM

Dec 2018
Lol that was amazing. Where the hell did that mech come from?
Jan 26, 5:05 PM
Nov 2010
This first episode was such a rollercoaster. I had zero expectations because of that ridiculous name, but then it started out really grounded and mature. Some sort of conflict rising up was inevitable but aliens? Well, I guess aliens are as good an enemy as any other choice so whatever. Then comes a random Gundam out of nowhere to save the day, completely throwing any of the built up tension out the window with that completely ridiculous song playing - not only as bgm but seemingly 'in universe' too. I wish the first 18 minutes hadn't been as promising, because this turned out to be the joke I expected from the title and there's no reason to give hope for a serious show for 18 minutes prior.
Jan 26, 5:35 PM
Mar 2019
WOW. A new super robot anime. I'm in.
Feb 6, 11:43 AM
Mar 2020
The fuck did I just watch
Feb 7, 1:20 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to fast2611
The fuck did I just watch
@fast2611 uhhhh basically promare but as a whole show
Feb 16, 5:00 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
BANGER opening episode. At first I was like, cool mechs, but how tf are they supposed to beat those aliens? OH. With THAT. NICE.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 17, 11:04 PM

Apr 2016
That held onto reality longer than expected. Man, the synopsis doesn't hint at ANY possible craziness! I totally woulda passed on this show if it weren't for some goofy screen shots and people talking about the trailer being misleading hahaha :)

Almost the whole episode, I was worried this was gonna be a super, serious war drama and that I put on the wrong show. Then the robot playing it's own background music showed up XD I'm super down for this shit B)
Feb 21, 1:13 PM

Nov 2020
First off let me say that the animation is decent, better than some of the much more popular anime this season. As for the plot... it is strange but pleasant imo, the sudden attack of aliens and the arrival of a talking robot that plays happy music on the battlefield where people were massacred was so random XD
Feb 21, 1:15 PM

Nov 2020
I almost forgot about the strangest scene where the big robot wants MC to "enter him" it was ambiguous XD
Mar 9, 5:19 PM

Feb 2019
that went from all serious to WTF in the last five minutes when Bravern showed up! lol and this theme song music playing while he fought was so cheesy nostalgic of Voltes V and Voltron and the likes from way back when lol
Apr 5, 5:51 AM

Jan 2017
I lost my shit when Isami asks where tf did that song came from, Cygames you cooked with Akiba Maid War and this seems like another promising original show with a banger 1st episode
Apr 14, 7:49 PM
Jun 2022
What , What , What Is This...

Random Stuff Keeps Falling From Sky..

Today, 10:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty fun start, it's all training until the attack is real, I like the military settings, it makes me think about a kind of Starship Troopers x 80s mecha
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheRedComment - Jan 18

75 by Ashhk »»
12 hours ago

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Mar 26

14 by Yugesai »»
May 1, 4:34 PM

» Just Finished Watching

dustinator1991 - Apr 27

5 by Shinkuo »»
Apr 29, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 28

48 by JizzyHitler »»
Apr 23, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 10 Discussion

bboy_OatsnRice - Mar 14

23 by Alzeana »»
Apr 22, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.