Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2023 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
This show loves strange and forbidden events and objects, so naturally, Chise would come across another one of those again. That school is full of mysteries.

Between a mixture of goofy and serious moments, I do think this episode had the right balance amount of emotions. Oh and Elias' words are still wise even after all these years.
Nov 2, 2023 8:19 AM

Apr 2016
Chise was not feeling herself well over there, so she got some NOT snickers, and all was well again .. see ? Just as the advert said so.

No but seriously, every time you think the shit's going to go down next week, the next week comes and nothing happens, again ... Still, the big lady talk with Elias was kinda interesting.
Nov 2, 2023 8:37 AM

Feb 2021
0:20 The second line wasn't translated. He says "You were moaning in your sleep"
Joseph!
That's a lot of snacks lol
Alcyone development!
It was cool how everyone stood up for Lucy in the cafeteria scene.
It's interesting how the attacks have completely stopped. But it's clearly related to Philomela somehow.
Nov 2, 2023 10:39 AM
Feb 2022
That grandma is getting on my nerves. She basically does whatever she wants to others without any real backlash whatsoever. I know she's a classic puppetmaster villain and she might be acting on orders but this is a bit much. Have her meet some opposition already.

Oh and Philo's master is clearly feeding on her pain one way or another to handle her own feelings caused by her own situation. True it's probably to show how sorcerer families work but I got that already way back. It needs to get integrated in the main story or I'll lose focus even though I do think it's really well done.
Nov 2, 2023 11:32 AM

Sep 2014
Looks like next EP something is finally about to happen. The plot not moving was starting to get annoying.

Is it just me or is Veronica uncanny? The way she smiles gives me "poisons someone so they get sick and she can take care of her" vibes.

PS: One of the most hillarious scenes I have ever seen, the headmaster dropping snickers all over Chise.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 2, 2023 11:45 AM
Feb 2022
Edit: How the heck do I remove a post I've made?
Nov 2, 2023 12:20 PM

Dec 2013
Alcyone getting to know herself by talking to Elias, she really cares for Philomela, pretty fun the snacks bit and how Chise immediately went to defend Lucy, it seems the next episode is the moment that has been building up.
Nov 2, 2023 12:24 PM

Feb 2019
Ahh ok I finally understand what’s going on now with the forbidden book and students getting their magic stolen lol. I been confused as hell for the past 4-5 eps cause I couldn’t remember last season at all.

I love the similarities between Alcyone and Philomela and Elias and Chise relationships. Alcyone is understandably very concerned about Philomela, knows she’s being taken advantage of and wants to help, but she feels it’s not her place. Glad Elias convinced her to do what she feels best and not what her “place” dictates. Relationships grow and evolve over time after all.

Nah Chise standing up for Lucy was fire. That’s a real ass friend that everyone needs. You need people to get upset on your behalf. Especially when folks spouting bs like that dude was. Guess Chise will have to tell Lucy how she saw into her past now.

Damn that ending, poor Philomela :/ definitely needs someone to come get her out of that situation.
Marinate1016Nov 2, 2023 12:27 PM
Nov 2, 2023 12:35 PM

Dec 2018
this season is so boring and melodramatic. pls god let something happen for once.
Nov 2, 2023 12:40 PM
Feb 2022
StateofOhayo said:
this season is so boring and melodramatic. pls god let something happen for once.

But things are happening all the time? Just because we don't understand its significance doesn't mean it's not there.
Nov 2, 2023 12:57 PM
May 2017
Every week, I expect a very good episode from the series and it never disappoints me. I absolutely love Chise and Elias. They form a fantastic couple.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 2, 2023 1:05 PM
May 2017
Reply to Gl0rp
That grandma is getting on my nerves. She basically does whatever she wants to others without any real backlash whatsoever. I know she's a classic puppetmaster villain and she might be acting on orders but this is a bit much. Have her meet some opposition already.

Oh and Philo's master is clearly feeding on her pain one way or another to handle her own feelings caused by her own situation. True it's probably to show how sorcerer families work but I got that already way back. It needs to get integrated in the main story or I'll lose focus even though I do think it's really well done.
@Gl0rp Lizbeth will meet a revolted Chise... She cannot control, counter, direct or resist the Sleigh Beggy.
leonardobarbaNov 2, 2023 1:09 PM
Nov 2, 2023 1:06 PM
Feb 2021
Gl0rp said:

Dunno what do you think?
Nov 2, 2023 1:16 PM
Feb 2022
leonardobarba said:
@Gl0rp Lizbeth will meet a revolted Chise... She cannot control, counter, direct or resist the Sleigh Beggy.

That would be nice! Another good one would be if that fairy friend of Chise figured out it was Lizbeth behind it all and went evil nasty primordial sadistical cruel on her. :P
Nov 2, 2023 1:40 PM
May 2017
Reply to Gl0rp
leonardobarba said:

That would be nice! Another good one would be if that fairy friend of Chise figured out it was Lizbeth behind it all and went evil nasty primordial sadistical cruel on her. :P
@Gl0rp Is Chise's 'fairy friend' Elias? Elias is Chise's husband... yes... Chise is married with the immortal elemental being also called Pilum Murialis.
leonardobarbaNov 2, 2023 1:43 PM
Nov 2, 2023 1:49 PM
Feb 2022
leonardobarba said:
@Gl0rp Is Chise's 'fairy friend' Elias? Elias is Chise's husband... yes... Chise is married with the immortal elemental being also called Pilum Murialis.

I was thinking about her fairy friend that wanted to visit her but flew into the lockdown barrier. Those fairies always struck me as especially nasty and mean. Also they seem to be quite powerfull.
Nov 2, 2023 1:56 PM
May 2017
Reply to Gl0rp
leonardobarba said:

I was thinking about her fairy friend that wanted to visit her but flew into the lockdown barrier. Those fairies always struck me as especially nasty and mean. Also they seem to be quite powerfull.
@Gl0rp Being a powerful magus herself, Chise has an excellent relationship with the Nature, the elemental beings and the supernatural beings. Considering the College is isolated and Chise herself would never explore another being, she relies on herself and her husband to fight the good fight.
Nov 2, 2023 2:02 PM
Feb 2022
leonardobarba said:
@Gl0rp Being a powerful magus herself, Chise has an excellent relationship with the Nature, the elemental beings and the supernatural beings. Considering the College is isolated and Chise herself would never explore another being, she relies on herself and her husband to fight the good fight.

Certainly. My reasoning is that miss fairy friend wanted to visit Chise, flew into the barrier, started to look for why it was up, found out it was because of Lizbeth meddling, smacked Lizbeth some fierce, barrier went down and fairy, Chise and Philomela had cookies with tea.
Nov 2, 2023 3:21 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

we are still looking...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 2, 2023 4:57 PM
Oct 2010
I truly enjoy how the author has consistently stuck with the theme of classic folklore in the story; the idea that certain times of year, places, items, bonds, names, etc, all have significance and power in wildly various ways has always been an integral part of the narrative and is forming the basis of the darkness that is creeping ever closer.

As a manga reader it's been fun to see in animated hindsight all the small things that built up to what's coming. It's kinda like 'oh... that makes sense now, it was there all along'.
Nov 2, 2023 6:57 PM

Apr 2022
philomela just can't catch a break huh.
Nov 2, 2023 9:28 PM
Mar 2015
the attack on Chise was the most vicious but it did help the others recover
Nov 3, 2023 1:46 AM

Oct 2017
Uh so the book got enough magic from Chise and let go of the others? The quarrel made me think ah they are brats after all. What's up with Philomela and Veronica though?
Nov 3, 2023 6:33 AM

Feb 2014
The principal surprised me here. When dealing with Chise being short on magic power from the attack that was aimed at her, the principal had the perfect solution of being a walking confectionery shop, dropping dozens of "Snickers" and "Mars" bars for Chise to replenish her energy with some high calorie content.

Coming from someone who likes chocolate, I'm jealous! XD

I do like how Chise stood up for Lucy by giving Kevin a good verbal lecture, although Lucy gave him a nice knuckle sandwich, which he did deserve. Having said that, Chise's involvement did annoy Lucy, so she does have the right to know about what Chise saw in her past, just so that misunderstanding don't arise.

As for Philomela, she's still suffering, even to the point of being unable to eat much of Veronica's food before throwing up. However, Veronica asked Philomela if she's feeling okay, but the camera gave us a look of Veronica that did make her look suspicious. I won't deny that this moment has giving me doubt as to whether she's got hidden motives or not, even when factoring her backstory from the previous episode. Hopefully I'm overthinking things here, although the preview of the next episode does look like things will be escalating very quickly.

To repeat myself from before, I can only hope that Philomela gets the help that she needs, although I do feel like that won't happen just yet. =(
Nov 3, 2023 6:46 AM

May 2015
Never mess with Lucy.

Also, another bad feeling moment with poor Philomela.
Nov 3, 2023 10:26 AM

Sep 2014
Reply to Gl0rp
@Gl0rp under your post you will find 3 dots, click it and the option to delete the post will appear
Nov 3, 2023 11:04 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to Gl0rp
StateofOhayo said:

But things are happening all the time? Just because we don't understand its significance doesn't mean it's not there.
@Gl0rp well if that is how you see it then i guess this show is just not for me. i'm dropping it, because it fucking sucks. i'm glad you like it though, someone has to.
Nov 3, 2023 11:16 AM
Feb 2022
StateofOhayo said:
@Gl0rp well if that is how you see it then i guess this show is just not for me. i'm dropping it, because it fucking sucks. i'm glad you like it though, someone has to.

That's alright. We all have different taste and I simply like stories that build up and suddenly gives you a revelation. That's just one of my likes so I totally understand if your taste differ from mine. Better drop a anime you don't like after three episodes and spend time on those you do.
Nov 3, 2023 1:03 PM
Feb 2022
Comander-07 said:
@Gl0rp under your post you will find 3 dots, click it and the option to delete the post will appear

Can't see sny unfortunately. I'm on mobile so maybe that's why.
Nov 3, 2023 3:26 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to Gl0rp
Comander-07 said:

Can't see sny unfortunately. I'm on mobile so maybe that's why.
@Gl0rp you should definitely see them on mobile, or are you using the app?
I am on mobile right now and there are only 3 icons under posts, the reply arrow, the gift and the 3 dots
Nov 4, 2023 8:10 AM

Jul 2019
I really like Philomela, at least her development. It's kind remembered me of Chise in the start of the show. But after this ep, i starting to think she and/or Veronica is the main antagonist of this arc.
Nov 4, 2023 6:10 PM

Nov 2012
Veronica seems like a mom with Munchausen's By Proxy. I'm surprised Philo tried to eat considering she was raised never to eat anything given to you. I'm starting to get over Philo. Either die or do something.

The only part that seemed interesting was the test and we hardly saw anything.

Good thing Chise's cursed. He actually came to her and told her not to look the thing in the eyes. The principal has a sweet tooth. Where was she hiding all those Snockers.
Nov 5, 2023 9:40 AM

Sep 2017
Veronica is creepy as shit. Also the book-attacker subplot has to be related to Philo's story in some way. The grandma is obviously awful and was involved with the werewolf stuff but Idk how I feel about Veronica yet either.
Nov 5, 2023 12:48 PM
Oct 2021
beautiful ep ! loved the.cute lil date between chose and elias
Nov 5, 2023 5:38 PM

Jul 2016
Gotta love seeing Elias growing as a character to the point of being able to give advice to others. His conversation with Alcyone was easily my favorite part of the episode alongside Lucy punching that dude with the "hentai protagonist" hairstyle. Damn, I love Lucy xD
Nov 9, 2023 2:45 AM

Jul 2017
As Alexandra needs Chise's Sleigh Beggy powers to amp the Gathering stones for students in dire need, since the attacker is still residing in the College. And once agin, yet another victim, though Chise's power gets sapped the exact way from the Testament of Carmichael, though it used the student as a test. The news is already making its rounds around the College, and Elias devises a side solution to relieve Chise of the negativity going around right now, by harvesting vegetables.

Rian wanting to apologize to Philomela, but it seems like he's protruding at a wrong time. As the training continues, Chise seeing both Elias and Lizbeth together more as the College enters the Christmas season, and Kevin is on his own parade wanting to catch the attacker, when there're basically no clues at hand. To that end, Chise standing up for Lucy before she even struck at him, it's natural for her.

Philomela is still sick, and Veronica going to see her, just what is going on Philomela's mind?
Nov 9, 2023 2:22 PM

Oct 2019
Barely any action in the second cour, very slow pacing, and Philomena's character in particular has remained virtually unchanged for 17 whole episodes. Are they trying to get us bored? If so they're succeeding...
Nov 10, 2023 3:37 PM
Oct 2023
The tension is growning, we approach the climax...
Nov 11, 2023 9:43 PM
Dec 2022
The mystery deepens and the suspect may be one of the member of the student body. A crime mystery is looking likely.
Nov 13, 2023 6:43 AM
Aug 2016
Episode was good but why NOBODY is talking about the big tomatoes on a tree? I was quite confused but love the concept tho
Nov 14, 2023 10:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Boring episode!
Could Veronica be the person how stolen the book?
kekeke
Nov 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Mar 2010
I don't remember the first half, but yea that confrontation with lucy just felt so forced.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 25, 2023 9:59 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty excited that we're finally seeing the relationship between Philomela and Veronica, both of them have really shady pasts that are hard not to pass on with the current events in the story. It'll also show more of Veronica's character which is shaping to be very sinister, it's really hard to see Philomela and Veronica's relationship as "friends" even though Veronica sometimes gives that aura, more like she's using Philomela and extorting her a lot, i think that single frame of Veronica we see from the pov of Philomela sums up the situation well, Philomela is bat shit scared of Veronica and rightfully so, Veronica got Philomela dancing in her palm.

Next episode looks wild and in a really depressing way.
Nov 30, 2023 12:08 PM

May 2020
I really like this series, but I think it's about time we put the Philomela stuff in place and get over with it. It's been going on since forever, and to what it seems like, would see its extension till the end of this cour, if we go by this pace that is.

Also that dude with "infamous" hairstyle really did embarrass himself in front of a crowd lol.
Dec 11, 2023 7:47 PM

Aug 2019
The blonde girl is suspicious
Jan 11, 10:57 AM

Aug 2019
things with philomela are really weird rightnow. also what was that witch veronica at the end?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 10:42 PM

Jul 2008
Damn this episode flew by but nothing really happened, they are dragging this out.
Jan 22, 12:18 PM
Jun 2023
Geez I love when Joseph appears
Feb 13, 6:47 PM

Mar 2014
Watching Chise get buried in Snickers bars after that tense scene was such a tonal whiplash LMAO
Apr 16, 10:15 PM

Jun 2015
Chise looks adorable!

OMG! I'm so happy to see that Elias has grown enough to be able to teach others how to be human! Alcyone is also showing signs of free will.

BEAT HIS ASS CHISE!!! How dare he talk shit about Lucy!

NVM! Lucy got it! I wish more characters did this to their bullies.

So it Veronica actually a piece of shit or is Philomela just too scared of everyone? Was I wrong?
Read Toriko!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Where all romance gone?

xakpc - Dec 25, 2023

10 by Gator »»
May 4, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2023

80 by Gator »»
May 4, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

30 by Gator »»
May 4, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2023

41 by Gator »»
May 3, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2023

29 by Gator »»
May 3, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.