Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 31, 2023 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Those fire attacks looked they packed alot of power. However, I respect Sagara for not backing down this episode no matter what the odds are.

Episode also contained a lot of emotions and it feels like the stakes of the fights are rising even more. Very exciting arc imo. They really got me invested with the story lore in these recent episodes too.
Stark700Aug 31, 2023 3:16 PM
Aug 31, 2023 9:22 AM

Dec 2021
Damn. That fight was fire. Literally. 

Following last episode, three Oniwabanshu soldiers burst into the courtyard. The first attacker, the formidable and corpulent Hyottoko, confronts Sanosuke. Despite landing a punch, Sanosuke gets burned as Hyottoko ignites fire from a stomach filled with oil. Barely avoiding the flames, Sanosuke's right leg suffers a minor burn. Kenshin steps up against Hyottoko, and disperses the flames and neutralize his attack. This astonishes Megumi, who was about to leave but witnessed this powerful demonstration from him, which she had previously doubted their chances against the Oniwabanshu. Kaoru stops Megumi from leaving and questions her actions, particularly considering that Kenshin and Sanosuke are fighting for her well-being. Hyottoko refuels his oil keg swiftly. Despite injuries, Sanosuke confronts him, ready for the fiery battle. Hyottoko releases an unavoidable wave of flames, but Sanosuke charges through, extracting the hidden oil bag from Hyottoko's mouth and winning with a single kick. 

This Oniwabanshu solider, Han'nya, he seems important from the looks of it. Hell even that mask he was wearing was ominous. Especially after seeing him in Shinomori's office reporting what had happened. With Shinomori ordering Han'nya to find out everything about Kenshin for the next three days, it's lead the believe that he might be someone interesting to look into in order to overcome this ordeal.

Aug 31, 2023 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
haha that post credit scene, pretty sure it's anime original
I like the idea of adding foreshadowing but that scene though 😆
Aug 31, 2023 9:42 AM

Nov 2007
airing later comparing to original airing time, at 25:05 JST next
tsubasaloverSep 7, 2023 9:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 31, 2023 11:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hyottoko huh. He'll be a fearsome foe in confined area engagements. The battle against Hyottoko sure was impressive. Yahiko was damm lucky that Megumi got real. The Takani family sure were a boon for the people when they were existing. But to lose your entire family to war is a most tragic thing. The line between medicine and poison is a very fine line thats for sure. Overall a pretty impressive ep that featured a nice display of the kind of battles we'll be seeing as Kenshin and co face the might of Oniwabanshu. Looks like Kanryu managed to get a new toy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2023 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
Decent fight. I really liked how they went full Kornoe elite English at the end with the translations. Next eps pls
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 31, 2023 11:35 AM

Jun 2015
I really liked how they went full elite Korone English at the end. Nice fight, next eps pls
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Feb 2019
These 5 minute episodes gotta stop 😂 no way that was 24 minutes lol.

Hyottoko fight was awesome. Not even going to begin to wonder the logistics of putting a bag of flammable material in your stomach like that lol. Seeing Kenshin firebend was awesome as well. Megumi thought our guy was a regular swordsman. She better ask around town or something lol.

Shoutout to Yahiko for taking that poison bullet for Megumi. Being around Kenshin and Sanosuke has really paid off for him. That could’ve easily been his death had Megumi not been medically trained.

Speaking of Megumi, with that backstory it’s no wonder she acted the way she did. Losing her family and loved ones and then the doctor she was working with. Being made to make drugs that are destroying the community. That would make anyone lose faith in humanity. Seeing Kenshin and everyone’s camaraderie really changed her outlook on things.

Things are gonna get serious now that shinomori knows who Kenshin is for sure. That post credits scene Engrish was also hilarious . Pretty sure that was anime original.
Marinate1016Aug 31, 2023 1:28 PM
Aug 31, 2023 12:20 PM

Apr 2008
The Engrish at the end was *chef's kiss* 
Aug 31, 2023 1:03 PM

Jan 2017
Perrin4869 said:
haha that post credit scene, pretty sure it's anime original
I like the idea of adding foreshadowing but that scene though 😆
Marinate1016 said:
That post credits scene Engrish was also hilarious . Pretty sure that was anime original.

If i remember correctly , a scene roughly similar was in the first Live-Action Movie.
Kanryuu's speech also has a resemblance to the few sentences he throws in the Tokuhitsuban Manga , when

But yeah , it was not in the Original Manga.
Alexioos95Aug 31, 2023 1:08 PM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 31, 2023 1:04 PM

Aug 2022
The dialogue and character backstories have aged quite poorly in this series. Still, pretty decent episode all things considered. Though that Engrish at the end was...sth...
Aug 31, 2023 1:17 PM

Mar 2019
The guy cut the fat guy's flames with his sword, Kenshin doesn't play around. 🗿🍷
Aug 31, 2023 1:43 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Kenshin and Sano make quick work of the Fire master of the Oniwaban group Hyottoko, but Yahiko was hit by a poison projectile trying to protect Megumi. This is where Megumi shines as she is a woman of medicine as she knew exactly how to treat the poisoned wound. Han'nya stepped in to pick up his fallen comrades and make a tactical retreat. We get to learn about Megumi's past as she comes from a line of doctors in the Takani family, but she lost them after the Battle of Aizu during the Boshin war which lead her to being forced to make opium after Kanryu's men killed the doctor she was working for three months ago. Kanryu's ego is through the roof right now after receiving the  deadliest weapon money can buy in the after credit scene. 

I wasn't expecting to hear Engrish lines in the after credit scene, but I have to give the Japanese VA's for trying
Aug 31, 2023 3:02 PM
Oct 2016
Megumi proving her worth saving Yahiko. The ninja squad that Kanryu hired makes their first moves against Team Kenshin. With the big red guy naturally having fire abilities, storing oil in his stomach and having teeth made of flint to spark it with. Creating fire spit that burns like hell, Sanosuke trying to take this guy on first. He did well with that initial gut punch but getting close to fire isn't too smart. Kenshin slashing through the fire and manipulating it with his sword was awesome. Not burning a single hair on his head even with gallons of oil being turned into flames. Sanosuke getting back into the fight to send that kick knocking out Hyottoko. Kenshin sensing the same guy from last episode hidden in the trees. Shooting a poison dart right at Megumi only for Yahiko to take the hit. Proving himself to be a valuable member of Team Kenshin even if he's a kid. Instantly feeling the effects of the poison, leading Megumi to jump in to help. She knows exactly what ingredients a doctor would need to give Yahiko so he'd be ok. Learning her backstory was tough, she's been through a lot losing her whole family to war then becoming wrapped up in this opium business with Kanryu. Kenshin sympathizing getting her to stay along with some Kaoru persuading helps Megumi become a member of Team Kenshin.
Aug 31, 2023 3:18 PM
Jan 2021
This adaptation has so far been worth the wait, it's as close an Anime can get to the Manga! The next episodes will be awesome(r)!! 😎😎😎
Aug 31, 2023 3:22 PM
Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
These 5 minute episodes gotta stop 😂 no way that was 24 minutes lol.

Hyottoko fight was awesome. Not even going to begin to wonder the logistics of putting a bag of flammable material in your stomach like that lol. Seeing Kenshin firebend was awesome as well. Megumi thought our guy was a regular swordsman. She better ask around town or something lol.

Shoutout to Yahiko for taking that poison bullet for Megumi. Being around Kenshin and Sanosuke has really paid off for him. That could’ve easily been his death had Megumi not been medically trained.

Speaking of Megumi, with that backstory it’s no wonder she acted the way she did. Losing her family and loved ones and then the doctor she was working with. Being made to make drugs that are destroying the community. That would make anyone lose faith in humanity. Seeing Kenshin and everyone’s camaraderie really changed her outlook on things.

Things are gonna get serious now that shinomori knows who Kenshin is for sure. That post credits scene Engrish was also hilarious . Pretty sure that was anime original.
I completely agree with you, mate, these episodes are so damn short haha I think the end scene was Anime original, yes, but it was awesome
Aug 31, 2023 3:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well, the big bad Hyottoko went down kinda easily, but not before blasting a bunch of flames before he went down, his biggest weakness was definitely that he was a one trick pony, once he was out of flames he was done lol. But that Beshimi guy stuck around and ended up poisoning Yahiko before he was saved along with big red by an even stronger member of the Oniwaban Group, he seemed formidable but it was revealed later that Kenshin managed to wound him.

Yahiko wasn’t done for tho, because it was revealed that Megumi used to be the assistant of a doctor and even comes from a family of doctors so with the right tools she was able to easily help Yahiko along with a doctor. Her past was very interesting tho, and I guess now that we know all that she will no longer try and bail and Kenshin and the gang are in this for the long haul, I’m sure it will be epic. And that after credits scene was something alright with that engrish, it was funny but i understood every word, and Kanryu’s reaction to whatever was in that crate was pretty great too lol, I have an idea of what it is but I’ll hold off on guessing for now.
Aug 31, 2023 3:47 PM

Jan 2011
Kanryu is such a goofy viallin
Aug 31, 2023 3:54 PM
Aug 2020
it was another great episode to watch

i keep enjoying the show
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 31, 2023 4:51 PM
Nov 2020
That post credits scene is hilarious 😂 the transition between Japanese and Engrish was great and Kanryu’s VA had me dying when he opened up that box
Aug 31, 2023 6:22 PM

Jul 2016
Kanryu lost all his menacing aura as a villain with that post-credit scene lol
Aug 31, 2023 7:00 PM

Apr 2022
kenshin manipulating that fire was, fire. cool how the big bad shot out flames from his mouth as well, lidenfilms killing it with these fights. nice focus on megumi. yahiko took the poison bullet, what a g.
engrish was the end was absolutely solid.
Aug 31, 2023 7:01 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Jonas-K said:
The guy cut the fat guy's flames with his sword, Kenshin doesn't play around. 🗿🍷

He did the same thing with shishio, who was in fact may have been more skilled as a swordsman than battusai..
This fat guy is stupid to pick a fight with battusai..

Aug 31, 2023 8:28 PM
Sep 2021
Kenshin with Sagara defeated the attackers who were sent by aoshi and we finally learn the motive of this battle it is to get the drugs recipe and the one who can manufacture it is megumi.
Aug 31, 2023 9:57 PM

Mar 2019
Really enjoyed the fight against the fire guy. And the engrish scene at the end of the episode was incredible.
Aug 31, 2023 11:14 PM

Feb 2016
There was literally no real reason for this pose:

Bro did it just to look sick as fuck, 10/10.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Aug 31, 2023 11:54 PM

Mar 2007
Reply to StallionXD
There was literally no real reason for this pose:

Bro did it just to look sick as fuck, 10/10.
@StallionXD

NGL that was pretty epic looking.

And after the first big bunch of fighting, we discover our motley crew collects YET another member with a tragic backstory - this time the poor girl didn't even know she signed up for the Meiji Era version of Breaking Bad.
Sep 1, 2023 2:24 AM

Jun 2021
Fire episode with our remarkable swordsman slashing through the flames.
Sep 1, 2023 3:32 AM

Oct 2017
Tragic backstory for Megumi, hope Kenshin can save her. Kaoru telling her not to make a move on Kenshin though, cute.
Sep 1, 2023 8:31 AM
Mar 2015
Kenshin puts the gang out of action for the moment
Sep 1, 2023 10:10 AM

Dec 2017
Goofy villains and forgettable fights, this anime is way sillier than I thought it would be. Let's hope it gets better.
Sep 1, 2023 10:38 AM

Jan 2017
Miraz_Un_Nabi said:
Shinomori will become priest after Kyoto arc.

He won't , tho ?

Knave_ said:
Goofy villains and forgettable fights, this anime is way sillier than I thought it would be.

This adaptation is so much less sillier than the Original/Manga was.
They removed a lot (and i mean , really a lot) of small gags.

But yeah , a lot of characters have very weird features/quirk , without even talking about their designs. (It's a Shounen Nekketsu , after all)

Knave_ said:
Let's hope it gets better.

The antagonist of the 2nd Arc (and even the story itself) , will be much more serious.
Both in design and in threat.

We will probably see him in the last few episodes of this Season.
Alexioos95Sep 1, 2023 10:41 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Sep 1, 2023 12:02 PM
Sep 2016
Megumi: "Say it! Say my name!"
Kenshin: "...."
Megumi: "SAY IT!"
Kenshin: "Megumi...."
Megumi: "Yer God damn right!"

On another note though.... Can we have an admin here... This entire discussion has turned toxic and filled with spoilers. Please shut them down
uncleqrowSep 1, 2023 12:35 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Sep 1, 2023 1:40 PM

Feb 2012
Hyottoko's cheap tricks are no match for Kenshin and Sanosuke. When they let down their guard, bar Kenshin, Yahiko took a hit for Megumi.
The whole area was poisoned in the live-action IIRC. Megumi's backstory and feelings of guilt are mostly the same; the Takani family of doctors were on the "wrong" side of the Boshin war leaving only Megumi to pass on their medical legacy.

Kenshin knows from Megumi now that she made the opium and Sanosuke's suspicions were raised by the doctor's words about poisons and medicine.

I absolutely know what Kanryu's fawning over on that ship, haha
Fortress_MaximusSep 1, 2023 5:33 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 2, 2023 6:32 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to actuallytom
This adaptation has so far been worth the wait, it's as close an Anime can get to the Manga! The next episodes will be awesome(r)!! 😎😎😎
@actuallytom

I agree.

Has been really awesome so far. been loving it, real flashback vibes.
Sep 2, 2023 11:27 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to Vindicater
@actuallytom

I agree.

Has been really awesome so far. been loving it, real flashback vibes.
@Vindicater

Right?? You really are The Dude hehe

I also watched - and loved - the original series back in the 90s and I'm thoroughly enjoying this remake! I hope they continue over to the Kyoto and Enishi Arcs and finally give this outstanding Manga a full Anime adaptation. I think that, so far, Kenshin has been given the "FMA: Brotherhood" treatment it definitely deserved 😊😊😊
Sep 2, 2023 1:25 PM
Sep 2014
StaleNut said:
The dialogue and character backstories have aged quite poorly in this series. Still, pretty decent episode all things considered. Though that Engrish at the end was...sth...

Since you are the only person claiming this, it would be nice to have you provide examples and explanations of what do you mean. This way your comment may have a chance to have any merit.
Sep 2, 2023 1:43 PM
Sep 2014
Knave_ said:
Goofy villains and forgettable fights, this anime is way sillier than I thought it would be. Let's hope it gets better.

I think anime as a whole is not for you if that is your flawed opinion. Trying too hard to be in that 1%. Would be nice to know whay exactly is "goofy" and what exactly is forgettable about the fights, since the vast majority begs to differ.
Sep 2, 2023 1:43 PM

Aug 2022
KenshinXHimura said:
StaleNut said:

Since you are the only person claiming this, it would be nice to have you provide examples and explanations of what do you mean. This way your comment may have a chance to have any merit.

I find the character interactions uninteresting and boring to watch. The dialogue follows the same shonenesque formula we've seen a million times and is barely distinguishable from any other shonen series of its time.

The backstories on the other hand, Megumi's one just seems feels mediocre to me. "Parents die in war - Follows in her parent's footsteps" type thing. I get side characters like Megumi don't really need a grand goal or in-depth backstory, however it just feels cheap how they cover her whole backstory in like 2 minutes and then move on immediately expecting the audience to feel empathetic towards her.
Sep 2, 2023 2:34 PM
Sep 2014
StaleNut said:
KenshinXHimura said:

I find the character interactions uninteresting and boring to watch. The dialogue follows the same shonenesque formula we've seen a million times and is barely distinguishable from any other shonen series of its time.

The backstories on the other hand, Megumi's one just seems feels mediocre to me. "Parents die in war - Follows in her parent's footsteps" type thing. I get side characters like Megumi don't really need a grand goal or in-depth backstory, however it just feels cheap how they cover her whole backstory in like 2 minutes and then move on immediately expecting the audience to feel empathetic towards her.

Ah so you are truly clueless. Your comment seemed to imply you had seen the old version of this anime or that you had any knowledge on how the story goes later on, but its clear that is not the case. I'll give you some info so that it makes more sense for you. This is one of the OG shonnen mangas. If you feel you have seen similar tropes its not because RK is immitating them, its the other way around. So if anything the ones you should be downplaying are the shonnen that folllowed after.

If you did have knowledge about the rest of the story, then your reasoning and comments make even less sense, as you would know how good the story is and why the manga is considered a master piece.

About Megumi backstory, if you didn't know, this anime makes a lot of references to historical events. Introducing a character related to medicine and have her family die in a war during that period makes it so such serious topic like the opium crisis can be linked to the current plot. If there is an anime in which it fits and makes sense, its in this one.

Her introduction not only added the most character development for the rest of the cast so far, specially ( Sanosuke, Yahiko and Kaoru) but her character itself has more complexity than what you give her credit for. Goes from possible victim of an assault, to a sharp and oportunistic victim, to an apparent drug dealer and evildoer, to a misunderstood victim of a more complex issue, to a coward to then finally having some sort of conviction and realization that her past wont always necesarily bind her and that she has a chance to make up for her "sins".

Shows the similarities to Kenshin's situation yet is different altogether since she was forced into it. In her situation any sensible person would at least try to forgive her (if they know what the definition of (forced) is). Yet the episode doesn't force the audience to simply believe her. There is a reason why Sanosuke was shown to not be in good terms with her, even after he knew of her backstory.

Good stories have solid world building and main cast introduction even if it stretches, so that the payout is even greater later on. This is episode 9 out of around 106+ it will have.

This is why your comment comes off as dismissive and with lack of understanding of the story, specially considering 99% of people that have seen this anime/episode diagree.
Sep 2, 2023 2:41 PM

Jan 2017
KenshinXHimura said:
since the original announcement its been said the goal is to animate up to the Hokkaido Arc. AKA the whole manga.

That's not entirely true.

The staff said that they wished to animate all , but it's not for them to decide.
As for Aniplex , they said that they want an Anime adaptation of Hokkaido-hen , but they never said anything about the Original Manga. (Because yes , Hokkaido-hen is a different Manga from the Original.)

It's more likely that this re-adaptation is an initiative of the staff , who wanted to do a complete re-adaptation , especially since they have the support of Watsuki , and managed to convince Aniplex , who won't risk too much as the franchise was proven to still be extremely popular with the 2 last Live-Action Movies.

So yeah , even if an adaptation of the Kyoto and Jinchuu Arcs is very likely to happen , it's still not confirmed.

KenshinXHimura said:
Since you are the only person claiming this, it would be nice to have you provide examples and explanations of what do you mean.

He's not the only one tho.
There is quite a lot of people who don't like this Anime much , as it feels dated , and it is.

It's a story from the 90s , with a lot of cliches and plot devices from its time.
We are 30 years after , obviously they were used and overused everywhere since then , and they feels too "simple" now. (We can say the same things about Dragon Ball , or the start of One Piece.)

The only 2 things that will feel fresh for these people (who are mostly new Anime fans) , will be the setting (because there is not many Animes about the Meiji era) , and the character of Kenshin himself (who unfortunately , won't reveal himself much before the Kyoto and Jinchuu Arc..).
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Sep 2, 2023 3:46 PM
Sep 2014
Alexioos95 said:
KenshinXHimura said:
since the original announcement its been said the goal is to animate up to the Hokkaido Arc. AKA the whole manga.

That's not entirely true.

The staff said that they wished to animate all , but it's not for them to decide.
As for Aniplex , they said that they want an Anime adaptation of Hokkaido-hen , but they never said anything about the Original Manga. (Because yes , Hokkaido-hen is a different Manga from the Original.)

It's more likely that this re-adaptation is an initiative of the staff , who wanted to do a complete re-adaptation , especially since they have the support of Watsuki , and managed to convince Aniplex , who won't risk too much as the franchise was proven to still be extremely popular with the 2 last Live-Action Movies.

So yeah , even if an adaptation of the Kyoto and Jinchuu Arcs is very likely to happen , it's still not confirmed.

KenshinXHimura said:
Since you are the only person claiming this, it would be nice to have you provide examples and explanations of what do you mean.

He's not the only one tho.
There is quite a lot of people who don't like this Anime much , as it feels dated , and it is.

It's a story from the 90s , with a lot of cliches and plot devices from its time.
We are 30 years after , obviously they were used and overused everywhere since then , and they feels too "simple" now. (We can say the same things about Dragon Ball , or the start of One Piece.)

The only 2 things that will feel fresh for these people (who are mostly new Anime fans) , will be the setting (because there is not many Animes about the Meiji era) , and the character of Kenshin himself (who unfortunately , won't reveal himself much before the Kyoto and Jinchuu Arc..).

So you basically confirmed what I said. Thats the plan and they have full support. Hokkaido Arc is a continuation of the original manga..even if sold as a new manga/volumes. Cannon, continues the story, in case you didn't know.

Your comment regarding the hate towards the anime is simple unbaised, not true and all evidence goes agaisnt it. Unless by "lot" you mean the shallow 1 %.

The "outdated aspect" you claim the anime has is a moot point. Classics never go old. A story can never be old for new viewers. The so called cliches are present in every single anime, old or new to some degree.
Sep 2, 2023 10:19 PM

Oct 2022
That english at the end hit me like whiplash.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Sep 2, 2023 11:39 PM

Jan 2017
KenshinXHimura said:
So you basically confirmed what I said. Thats the plan and they have full support.

They got the permission of Aniplex for those 24 Episodes , but Aniplex could totally force them to stop after it , and just adapt Hokkaido-hen.
It would clearly not be the first time something like that happen.

KenshinXHimura said:
Hokkaido Arc is a continuation of the original manga..even if sold as a new manga/volumes. Cannon, continues the story, in case you didn't know.

Yes , but it's still a different Manga , that could be adapted as it is.
As i said just above , you have a lot of such exemples. (One is even airing next Season)

KenshinXHimura said:
Your comment regarding the hate towards the anime is simple unbaised, not true and all evidence goes agaisnt it. Unless by "lot" you mean the shallow 1 %.

It's very clearly more than 1%.
Of what i personally see , i'd say around 30%... ?

But it's always hard to calculate a vocal minority.

KenshinXHimura said:
The "outdated aspect" you claim the anime has is a moot point. Classics never go old. A story can never be old for new viewers.

Without going into the philosophical debate of "Can a classic truly be timeless" , you know that Rurouni Kenshin got its classic status only with the Kyoto Arc (+ the Tsuioku Chapters of Jinchuu) , right ?

The Tokyo Arc has always been seen as a slow/boring introduction , that a majority of people want to skip/rush.
Even in Japan , it wasn't really well liked aside from the Oniwaban-shu sub-Arc.

And the Jinchuu Arc was going down with each chapter , alongside the motivation of Watsuki.

KenshinXHimura said:
The so called cliches are present in every single anime, old or new to some degree.

Yes , and it's exactly why Anime's fans who watched the most recent releases feels bored to see them yet again here , used very crudely on top of that.

It's not for nothing that stories playing with those cliches became so popular in the last few years. (Chainsaw Man , Jujutsu Kaisen , One Punch Man , Shingeki no Kyojin...)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Sep 3, 2023 12:42 AM
Sep 2014
Alexioos95 said:
KenshinXHimura said:
So you basically confirmed what I said. Thats the plan and they have full support.

They got the permission of Aniplex for those 24 Episodes , but Aniplex could totally force them to stop after it , and just adapt Hokkaido-hen.
It would clearly not be the first time something like that happen.

KenshinXHimura said:
Hokkaido Arc is a continuation of the original manga..even if sold as a new manga/volumes. Cannon, continues the story, in case you didn't know.

Yes , but it's still a different Manga , that could be adapted as it is.
As i said just above , you have a lot of such exemples. (One is even airing next Season)

KenshinXHimura said:

It's very clearly more than 1%.
Of what i personally see , i'd say around 30%... ?

But it's always hard to calculate a vocal minority.

KenshinXHimura said:
The "outdated aspect" you claim the anime has is a moot point. Classics never go old. A story can never be old for new viewers.

Without going into the philosophical debate of "Can a classic truly be timeless" , you know that Rurouni Kenshin got its classic status only with the Kyoto Arc (+ the Tsuioku Chapters of Jinchuu) , right ?

The Tokyo Arc has always been seen as a slow/boring introduction , that a majority of people want to skip/rush.
Even in Japan , it wasn't really well liked aside from the Oniwaban-shu sub-Arc.

And the Jinchuu Arc was going down with each chapter , alongside the motivation of Watsuki.

KenshinXHimura said:
The so called cliches are present in every single anime, old or new to some degree.

Yes , and it's exactly why Anime's fans who watched the most recent releases feels bored to see them yet again here , used very crudely on top of that.

It's not for nothing that stories playing with those cliches became so popular in the last few years. (Chainsaw Man , Jujutsu Kaisen , One Punch Man , Shingeki no Kyojin...)

Aniplex blah blah. Recent interview right after screenings of initial episodes basically hints at them having full support and $ to do the whole thing and even more just because of how good the Hokaido manga has done. You pulling out of nowhere a very unlikely scenario for the sake of just saying it, just looks spiteful.

I was going to take you seriously until you said 30%. This just shows how clueless you are about how the series has been received. Even in MAL alone in which lots of wanna be critics snobs love to down play every single anime they watch, statisticly it isnt even close to 30%.

Then the rest just shows you need to touch some grass and have an opinion of your own that is based on facts. Regarding the Tokyo, Kyoto, Jinchu arcs it just sounds like a generic and cluelles RK 1% hater comment from a forum. 5 people being shallow and feeling that way about the series, is irrelevant.
Sep 3, 2023 1:34 AM

Jan 2017
KenshinXHimura said:
Aniplex blah blah. Recent interview right after screenings of initial episodes basically hints at them having full support and $ to do the whole thing and even more just because of how good the Hokaido manga has done. You pulling out of nowhere a very unlikely scenario for the sake of just saying it, just looks spiteful.

Yeah , it hints toward that , but since the beginning , you talk as if it was a confirmed fact , which is not.

KenshinXHimura said:
I was going to take you seriously until you said 30%. This just shows how clueless you are about how the series has been received. Even in MAL alone in which lots of wanna be critics snobs love to down play every single anime they watch, statisticly it isnt even close to 30%.

The critics snobs are on Reddit , and comes on MAL only once the show is completed.
Overall the Western fanbase has a favorable opinion , without it being as great as the one they have on the Original Anime.

KenshinXHimura said:
Then the rest just shows you need to touch some grass and have an opinion of your own that is based on facts. Regarding the Tokyo, Kyoto, Jinchu arcs it just sounds like a generic and cluelles RK 1% hater comment from a forum. 5 people being shallow and feeling that way about the series, is irrelevant.

I'm not a hater , in fact i love Rurouni Kenshin.
But if i sound to you like those "1% haters" , it's because i'm trying to speak objectively , by letting my personnal feelings to the sides and enumerating facts.

At the very least , you 100% sounds like a brainless biased fan that should touch some grass for once , and i doubt even "1%" of people will contest that.
You were basically not active on MAL's forums the last 10 years , and we were good without your opinion here. x)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Sep 3, 2023 3:00 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleaned. This is an episode discussion, please settle your personal quarrels somewhere else.

@Alexioos95 @KenshinXHimura I would appreciate it if you would stop arguing here in the thread, it doesn't seem like you can find a common ground.
-DxP-Sep 3, 2023 3:13 AM
Sep 3, 2023 7:49 AM
May 2017
Great episode all around. It served to humanize the seemingly cold and opportunistic Megumi. She actually does have pure intentions underneath it all. Defeating the fire breather and the little shrimp wasn't too hard for our powerhouses, not almost without a near fatality of the group's little brother. Megumi clutched when it mattered, hats off to her.

So far I'm enjoying this sub-arc a lot. I feel this may be the best one yet, but we'll see. Also that butchered english at the end was hilarious

4.5/5
Sep 3, 2023 1:30 PM

Jan 2021
She suffered a lot thru her life
Glad that Kenshin's family will help her

Sep 4, 2023 6:56 AM
Oct 2019
That fight was literally FIRE!!! 🔥

That post credit scene, the ENGRISH
LMAO
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Bluray Differences

fearlubu - 1 hour ago

0 by fearlubu »»
1 hour ago

» How many episodes did this remake?

phantom346 - May 14

4 by FreedomKME »»
Yesterday, 3:46 PM

» The sound design is epic

saikyozero - Jul 6, 2023

6 by banshee229 »»
Apr 21, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

101 by Jirokissaw »»
Apr 11, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

70 by Videogamecoper »»
Apr 4, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.