Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2023 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Mitsuri and her emotions are quite amusing to watch. I'm so glad she got a decent amount of highlight and personality in this episode.

While Tanjiro and the others struggled in their fight, Mitsuri came at the right place at the right time to help them. Her moves against those wood dragons looked like a work of art imo. Hell of an episode, and I did enjoy seeing the anime add some lighthearted moments between all that intense action. 

Jun 11, 2023 7:46 AM

May 2020
That sword isn’t the only unusual thing Mitsuri has, I mean her airhead self aside, she has that backstory too, yeah. But before that, the colourful spectacle we got treated to right from the get-go, it kind of set the tempo for this episode. Mist breathing was one thing, but they did a great job with Mitsuri’s love breathing styles too.

Now to her backstory, I mean that was kind of hilariously stupid, or a bit too basic for this series. I mean this is place where people have such dark and grim past with a constant of losing family members to demons, but in her case it was just she couldn’t get a marriage partner so she decided why not join the ranks of demon corps lol, where if luck bore fruit I’d find my better half… :) By the way, that glasses nerd who said no to Mitsuri really had a horrible taste.

Anyways, backstory done, and with Mitsuri facing Zohakuten and the rest chasing the main body, it goes without saying they still couldn’t do much. I mean slashing swords and all is good but get the results already… or they’ll next episode. They did tell us about Genya though, him consuming demons... ugh.

Now this most probably will end next week, as there isn't much to cover anyways.
Jun 11, 2023 7:57 AM

Jun 2014
LETS GO MITSURI. That's bae right there, doing all kinds of gymnastics with that unconventional sword of hers. Her breathing techniques looked dope, I'm glad she got all kinds of love (pun intended) in this episode. Once again, they extended her backstory but hey at least this time it wasn't "she had a happy life until her family was slaughtered by demons." Instead, it was just her getting rejected by dudes for not being the stereotypical "weak" woman. All those dudes have garbage taste btw, if my girl can't bench press me I don't want it 😤😤😤 shout out to Obanai for being a man of culture. 

And while Mitsuri is holding off Zohakuten, our other 3 demon slayers are going after the main body. That was some weird placement for the cliffhanger imo lol, but they're closing in on him. Hantengu can't run away forever, at some point this cat and mouse chase has to end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 11, 2023 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
Mitsuri episode!

Again they’re going all-in with expanding on the flashbacks and not with the action scenes. I don’t even remember Iguro being there, but that’s probably just me. It’s nice to see some Iguro x Mitsuri content tho, he’s so tsundere.

It was overall a much better episode, smol Mitsuri was precious as fuck lmao. I’m also glad she got one or two cool sequences, although they still feel quite underwhelming when thinking about all the budget they had for this season and the talent they got in the studio. Nevertheless, Mitsuri’s sword technique is mesmerizing and I love the rainbow light she always got around her. OST was great also, truly reminds me of Fate/Stay Night.

Now… the cliffhanger was funny lol, but double-length finale next week. The content is OK-ish, but I’m sure Shirai will do a great job so I’m excited in any case.

Some cute Mitsuri!

XenocrisiJun 11, 2023 8:04 AM
Jun 11, 2023 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
I guess the best animation starts now, and ig every shot of mitsuri has to include her thighs and tits from a low angle. There was some really good cgi this episode, especially the part where tanjiro's scent was visualised in the forest
Jun 11, 2023 9:37 AM
Jan 2022
i love mitsuri best waifu
Jun 11, 2023 9:52 AM

Jul 2022
so happy to see that Mitsuri found her place within the Demon Slayer Corps. she is definitely awesome and that short scene with Obanai!!! so cute!
also the animation in that forest scene when they were finding the main body? WOW
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Jun 11, 2023 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
Mitsuri's pretty cool and her fighting style with the whip sword is so unique. It was nice seeing her backstory. All the Hashiras are really mysterious so it's interesting to learn more about them. I wonder if her mark is the same as Muichiro and Tanjiro's.

Also, I just loved the music for this episode. Sounded like classic Yuki Kajiura.
Jun 11, 2023 10:01 AM
Jun 2022
LilH19 said:
I guess the best animation starts now, and ig every shot of mitsuri has to include her thighs and tits from a low angle. There was some really good cgi this episode, especially the part where tanjiro's scent was visualised in the forest
good God how on earth does someone always find SOMETHING to complain about. Shes literally flipping all over the screen dont you think for even a SECOND that were obviously gonna see her legs and chest that are attached to her body?? And its not like there even showing whats underneath like this is some ecchi so just get outta here with that nonsense
Jun 11, 2023 10:02 AM

May 2020
Mitsuri expressed a lot of emotions this episode. We got to see her past too. Iguro crushes on her. 

Damn, Genya chews demons to gain strength. I'm not sure, but why do I feel like this is the first time Tanjiro is cursing?
Jun 11, 2023 10:10 AM
Apr 2023
ngl I feel bad for the little small demon cause he never lied once but people don't like him haa that's life man

but did y'all see mitsuri's pass I feel sorry for her it's not her fault that her hair color is different and tbh I would love for a woman to be that strong to protect me 😏😏
Jun 11, 2023 10:10 AM
Apr 2023
Xenocrisi said:
Mitsuri episode!

Again they’re going all-in with expanding on the flashbacks and not with the action scenes. I don’t even remember Iguro being there, but that’s probably just me. It’s nice to see some Iguro x Mitsuri content tho, he’s so tsundere.

It was overall a much better episode, smol Mitsuri was precious as fuck lmao. I’m also glad she got one or two cool sequences, although they still feel quite underwhelming when thinking about all the budget they had for this season and the talent they got in the studio. Nevertheless, Mitsuri’s sword technique is mesmerizing and I love the rainbow light she always got around her. OST was great also, truly reminds me of Fate/Stay Night.

Now… the cliffhanger was funny lol, but double-length finale next week. The content is OK-ish, but I’m sure Shirai will do a great job so I’m excited in any case.

Some cute Mitsuri!

ikr she's so kawaii
Jun 11, 2023 10:16 AM
May 2023
i on ep 6 i will watch it today
Jun 11, 2023 10:24 AM
May 2017
Did the ending clip really say the next ep will be the last? Noooooooooo!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭
Jun 11, 2023 10:27 AM
Jan 2023
this is getting too short and predictable
Jun 11, 2023 10:32 AM
Jun 2023
it was good but short
Jun 11, 2023 10:37 AM
Apr 2022
loved it , it was perfect ❤️
Jun 11, 2023 10:47 AM

Jan 2021
Another great episode once again. This fight is ofcourse better then gyokko's fight cause its longer and has a bit more stacks. Animation as always is on point. 
Last episode will ofcourse be longer. Maybe a bit longer than previous season's last episode. Hashira training arc looks unlikely but we might see some good visuals next episodes again.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 11, 2023 10:51 AM
Dec 2014
Really fun and dynamic episode, but I'm salty about the next episode being the last. The next part of the story will be a bit slow and only take 3 to 4 eps which I think would fit perfectly at the end of this season as a wrap up and build up for the next one instead of having to start next season with slower pacing. Similar to how the first season ended with the Rehabilitation Training and set up the Infinity Train Arc to start up right away. Oh well, c'est la vie.
Jun 11, 2023 10:55 AM

Dec 2022
Kanroji faced discrimination except that her story isn't that sad because she has a loving family who is alive also like to mention Kanroji is breathing love
the finale is going to be awesome a little birdie told me it will air in an extended 70-minute time slot
Jun 11, 2023 10:58 AM
May 2021
Damn next ep is the last one!
Jun 11, 2023 11:00 AM
Jul 2022
Horrible fights and story telling without the sens of humor.
Jun 11, 2023 11:03 AM

Apr 2020
What's with the flashbacks every episode and this horrendous comic moments during the fights? Thank God the next episode is the last.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 11, 2023 11:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Mitsuri's entrance was damm flashy. Guess hair colour discrimination was actually a thing back then. Even as a child Mitsuri sure had a ton of energy. Being able to outeat sumo wrestlers was damm impressive. Though it was sad seeing her limit herself for fear of being treated differently back then. But using that same strength to save people and seeing how grateful they were really served to change her for the better. In her current form she's not just pretty but cool as well because she's able to use her talent to help those in need. Genya has quite the unique talent for a slayer though. Hopefully Nezuko would be able to stomp that prime into paste this time. Overall a fun ep that featured a nice mix of action and backstory on Mitsuri.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2023 11:16 AM

Aug 2017
Mitsuri Kanroji is a strong and independent woman. It was so nice to see her past memories even though she didn't get a marriage arrangement. Haters gonna hate.
I would marry her no lie. She's strong, beautiful, and has a bubbly personality. Just a pure hearted soul.

Her flamboyant nature, makes her fight with the upper moon 4 demon even more epic. I love how she just dances around as she cuts up those wooden dragon demon arts.
Her twisting and turning was just pure art. She was a great bait to distract the upper moon 4 child. Mitsuri has so much rizz.
While Tanjiro, Genya, and Nezuko are out for blood on the real body.

Jun 11, 2023 11:23 AM

Oct 2017
Misuri focus, what I've been waiting to see. Love her.
Jun 11, 2023 11:24 AM

May 2015
Mitsuri for the win!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 11, 2023 11:26 AM

Oct 2018
This anime would've been so much better if Mitsuri were the main character, oh my dear Jesus Christ she is so fucking hot, but the introduction to her flashback was easily one of the stupidest that I saw in my life.

Mitsuri, Shinobu and Nezuko as the main trio and we could have had a good show, not the worst battle shounen since Bleach.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 11, 2023 11:28 AM

Oct 2009
Huh, so suddenly next week's the last episode..... uh. Okay then.
Jun 11, 2023 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
I knew it. All of us knew it. That Kanroji would be best girl and strong one too. X3.
Jun 11, 2023 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
I think for anyone cultured enough Nezuko is clearly best girl ;p
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 11, 2023 11:35 AM
Aug 2021
Good episode, but that is one terrible cliffhanger, like the music of a new song had just started and there was some buildup to the hype, but then we just got a frozen frame and cut. Like it was a finished scene but then they realised they had to save it for the final episode.
Jun 11, 2023 11:36 AM

Jun 2015
AcD4c said:
What's with the flashbacks every episode and this horrendous comic moments during the fights? Thank God the next episode is the last.

Feel bad for you. Why are you even watching this when it makes you hurt so much?
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 11, 2023 11:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I love Mitsuri, both her bubbly personality and unusual character design, but this episode felt a bit slow. Some of these fights take too long
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 11, 2023 11:39 AM

Jul 2011
Basically everyone else "My family was murdered". Mitsuri " My family is happy, healthy, and supportive, my problem is, not finding someone to marry because  of my pink hair."

Genya just needed a meal full of fiber.
Jun 11, 2023 11:38 AM

Feb 2014
lol it just ended, weird
Jun 11, 2023 11:39 AM
Dec 2014
Man, what a relief. After multiple episodes about grim cruelsome and full of sadness episodes about Muichiro's past I almost got accustomed to the thought that this season will continue to be rather dark-vibed till the end. And now with this episode a bit of light smile together with a little of light-hearted emotion came like a ray of sunshine during a rainy day. I find it somehow very amusing that on the contrary to other hashiras Kanroji gained her extraordinaire abilities just because she was born thight-muscled. Man, since this is fantasy sci-fi anime I am going to accept a lot of supernatural abilities, but still vast majority of characters endured a tiring and rigid training to become powerful. What's more everybody has some sad and terrific trauma what constitutes their motivation to become strong and defeat demons. This one just happened to be born with a strength to lift rocks and defeat a Sumo wrestler in arm wrestling (sic!). Her motivation is to finally find someone to love and be loved back. Nah, I don't criticize, I am just largely surprised. To be frank, couple of last episodes about Muichiro's past bored me a little. Given that a whole season is just one big epic fight that continues one episode after another, the flashbacks are the only way to bring into light some of character's backstory, so we could empathize with them more. I started feeling the season now through the lens of Muichiro's history, which is very sad and grim. Now we get this coming like the bucked of cold water on the head, but in a good way, like during the drought. The mysterious mark on her neck gives a sign of some other source of power that will surely be revealed in the episodes to come. For now we just have a happy girl wanting to have a lover who was born with inhuman strength. I very like how she just withstood all of the attacks just because she "wanted to protect friends" and not because "her family was tragically killed by the demons, then she nearly trained herself to death with hope of avenging the tragic past". I found this refreshing. Then we have Genya who just reversed demon's logic and eat them to become more powerful like the demons become after eating people. It wasn't really a shock, I have been wondering what was the reason of his power to heal wounds etc. and this gives an acceptable answer. Well, I liked this episode and I am looking forward to next ones. Still, I liked more the way of the first season: a longer story with periodical fights that don't last more than 2-3 episodes. But maybe there is a pattern why continuous fights with new demons from the beginning were becoming more and more longer - it shows the progress of gradually stronger enemies and gradual growth of strength of Tanjiro and friends. Looking like this shows us more how powerful are upper rank demons, if there is one or two of them per whole season.
Jun 11, 2023 11:40 AM

Dec 2018
dude my ancestors were vikings, ill marry you mitsuri i love strong women that eat a lot.
a woman that can drop kick me for eating the last slice of pizza is the first woman i will fall in love with. sadly i have not met her yet. well, i did when i was in the VA hospital but thats not really the time to pick up girls. anyways, be body positive and do your thing girl i love it!
StateofOhayoJun 11, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 11, 2023 11:43 AM
Oct 2016
Mitsuri getting her moment to shine! Such a great episode showing her taking on Zohakuten. Her love breathing looking incredible animated. She is such a strong Hashira to have in a fight, this is the first time the anime has shown her level of strength. She's joining this fight at just the right time when Tanjiro, Nezuko and Genya are nearly wiped of stamina. They've all been trying for so long but Hantengu keeps pulling out new tricks. 

Mitsuri backstory being one of the more happier ones especially compared to seeing Genya and Muichiro backstory earlier this season. Mitsuri backstory meanwhile is more about overcoming societal pressures instead of overcoming heavy trauma of a demon attack. Mitsuri feeling like she was looked down upon by society because she didn't fit the mold of what typical girls acted like. She's strong and likes the eat and has crazy colored hair, but that's perfectly fine. Mitsuri doesn't need to change herself or life a lie to be accepted. Because if you keep looking you'll eventually find people whom accept you for who you are. Mitsuri found her way to the demon Slayer Corps and the other Hashira, whom all accept her. 

She protected the kids very well this episode as they went around to get the main body. Mitsuri using her awesome looking love breathing to slice the wooden dragons up. Getting faster and stronger as the fight went on. Tanjiro, Genya and Nezuko going after the main body as it tried to run out the back. Tanjiro getting close to slicing it but Hantengu running away. Great cliffhanger to end as the three chase after him, next week is the finale and it will of course be super sized!!
Jun 11, 2023 11:47 AM
Sep 2014
Te amo Kanroji y Muichiro
Jun 11, 2023 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
#Muichiro #Gyokko this is how a fight should be in demon slayer!
Jun 11, 2023 12:03 PM
Aug 2020
great episode, it's criminal to finish like that.

i will sue them...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 11, 2023 12:04 PM

Mar 2018
It was a fairly decent episode after a series of bad episodes. We got yet another backstory but at least it was something different and was fun to watch. And man, wtf was that reason to turn down Mitsuri? Bruh, man got no taste.

Meanwhile, the fight was bearable but I'm still not feeling the power from a supposed upper moon. He acts like your average demon. And can we get some action besides wooden dragons? It's utterly boring to watch the demon just stand there and launch serpentine things at our protagonists. I want some sword fighting or some close combat action. Throw some tactics here and there and I'm good lol.
Jun 11, 2023 12:07 PM
Oct 2021
Great to see Mitsuri in action for this episode, feel like she won't get many scenes like this later on; mid episode honestly, and it kinda clear why demon slayer isn't written that well. Either way, the fight scenes are such a pleasure to watch.Big up ufotable.
Jun 11, 2023 12:09 PM

Apr 2012
i woke up
i saw new episode is out, i clicked it
it started good, fighting and all, i am happy
flashback starts, i start crying, day ruined, -1
they go back to the fight, finally i say... for 6 seconds, they go back to a second flashback
thats how u go from a 10/10 on episode 2 to a 6/10 on episode 10

I DONT CARE if she eats a lot, if she is strong from birth, if she has pink hair (ok, pink hair is hot) or if she cant get married.... WHEN SHE IS FIGHTING a upper rank.
Show the flashback before or after the fight
Ah yes, they also spend 1? 2? episodes on that sword and there is only 1 episode left, i am expecting tanjiro getting that sword and killed that demon or else...... that will be a solid 5/10, its like they are trying to do what current one piece does
Angry_By_DefaultJun 11, 2023 12:45 PM
Jun 11, 2023 12:18 PM
Aug 2013
Loved the episode!!
Mitsuri is so strong. Holy shit haha.
The OST when she was fighting reminded me a bit of Sword Art Online.
I was afraid of seeing another dark and painful backstory, but hers was luckily different.
Jun 11, 2023 12:16 PM
Jun 2021
The only think wrong with this episode is that it’s the second to last episode 😭
Jun 11, 2023 12:17 PM
Aug 2021
regardless of how good or bad the episode... I'm so sick of backstories every other episode. do we really need to know in detail every hashiras story?
at least for me it doesn't really affect in how attached I get to the characters. on the contrary It gets me bored as hell.
gawedJun 11, 2023 12:21 PM
Jun 11, 2023 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
ye demon slayer has repetitive formula but still enjoyable for me
Jun 11, 2023 12:30 PM
Apr 2020
Super Amazing Series going on!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

707 by jumbosan »»
Apr 26, 8:55 AM

» Which episodes to skip? ( 1 2 )

sakuraspace - Apr 5

50 by RandomAnon2 »»
Apr 26, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2023

241 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 19, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

453 by USMANCIEL »»
Apr 18, 10:45 AM

» How are people feeling feeling about demon slayer right now?

Phantom_373 - Mar 26

46 by Infinitymoon »»
Apr 6, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.