Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2023 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
They took such a deep dive into Muichiro's character this epsiode/arc that it felt like he became a main protagonist. It's great that he also found some peace and received that sword. About time really.

Elsewhere, Tanjirou still fought with heart and guts in that battle. Mitsuri deserved some credit for her efforts as well and I love her level of confidence. She's really improved this season. 

Jun 2019
Muichiro was so funny to me in this episode. Him not reacting to anything was funny. LOL. But, with some cool action, Muichiro finally slayed his opponent. He was looking so out of touch today. No wonder, he got taken down so quickly.

On the other hand, Tanjiro and others were trying their best to keep up but it was not looking very good for them. Tanjiro got very lucky that Mitsuri came to his rescue. But, now that she's here, it's time to see how she handles things. The CG elements were interesting once again.

May 2020
We were fighting demons but then all of a sudden it somehow turned up into a roasting competition, though Muichiro was having an upper hand there too. Needless to say, it didn’t sit right with that demon dweeb and then in an attempt to best his opponent, he transformed.. what form you ask? Aquaman, except the face.

Liked whatever Ufotable did with the representation of mist breathing. As this was that episode where Muichiro dealt the final blow to Gyokko, seeing the seventh form was a treat. Finally that’s all it took to put Gyokko down, quite too easy yeah. I mean Muichiro was alone plus gravely injured, but still took the upper five down lol. And it took those many when we were against the upper six.

I don’t trust the power levels in this series but just leave it be, I mean it was animated fabulously, so it works right??? Shifting focus back to Tanjiro and co. against Hantegu, they’re STILL struggling, but hey Mitsuri is finally here. Kinda forgot we had another hashira, so yeah her appearance helped. 

Kind of a miss season so far honestly but atleast the next two episodes are going to be big.
Jun 4, 2023 7:53 AM

Jan 2015
Who would have thought that Mitsuri was the actual MVP for those two seconds in which she appeared in an episode titled after another character.

Most disappointing episode of the season so far for me. They really did Muichiro dirty, at least he was pretty funny this episode not gonna lie. Gyokko was as easily provocated as he died. Man, I was hoping they would extend the fight from the manga, but somehow it was as bad. Animation was also very lackluster. Guess we got the best Muichiro sequence from the last few minutes of the last episode. Truly didn’t live up to the hype.

Pretty bad episode.
Forgetting that, we’re back to the main fight. I’m just here for the final episode directed by Shirai.
Mitsuri please, for the love of god, save this season.

Jun 4, 2023 8:09 AM

Jun 2014
Definitely an underwhelming fight when it comes to the general standards of what we would expect from an Upper Moon fight. Rengoku vs. Akaza was cinema. Tengen and the boys vs. Gyutaro and Daki went crazy. This, on the other hand, felt like more of a general demon fight rather than a fight against one of the 6 strongest demons in the series. As usual it was visually appealing but this would have been a moment of the season that actually would have benefitted from being stretched out, not the backstories lol. If they can find a way to add content to flashbacks, they're more than capable of doing that for fights. Well whatever, it's been said plenty of times that this is generally considered the weakest DS arc with the least interesting UMs, so it is what it is. Goodbye, Gyokko. Rest in piss.

Last few minutes cut back to the fight against Zohakuten, and bae showed up to save the day last second. Loved seeing how nimble and acrobatic she is when she runs around, hopefully these upcoming episodes will bring some redemption.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 4, 2023 9:41 AM
Jul 2022
Muichiro is such a good kid until he gets into his beast mode and becomes a total brat. I mean, to be fair Gyokko showed some patience there and it was a bit funny when Muichiro literally said nothing :D.

Also his mist breathing might be my favourite breathing technique.

Mitsuri was so beautiful while nonchalantly flying and slashing off the monster!

try to listen a little bit more

and maybe you will understand

that no one is born evil
Jun 4, 2023 9:46 AM

Oct 2017
Muichiro defeated it, great job guy. Rengoku saving live even after his death, he the goat.

Mitsuri came just in time, love her. The short action scene with her was beautiful, she's so nimble.
Jun 4, 2023 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
Muichiro is so funny now lol. He's regained his old self and his personality's no longer cold and empty. But man, that Rengoku moment and then Muichiro remembering his family. It was sad and happy at the same time. It just made Muichiro feel so human.

And finally Mitsuri has arrived. What an entrance by her. She seems really warm. She reminds me a lot of Rengoku and her musical theme gives off this feeling of hope. I can't wait to see more of her.
Jun 4, 2023 10:07 AM
Jan 2021
This ep was more on the okayish side after what we expected after the previous episode,... I mean ok I understand they wanted to show how good Muichiro is but still, they could've extended the fight a bit more.
I had the most hope from this ep till now in KNY after the directors said this season's animation will be better than the previous ones, which is but we are watching KYS for battle if we are just interested in awesome backstories then there are tons of anime which we can watch.
Well, that is what I think the second main fight of this season has begun let's see what they'll do.
Jun 4, 2023 10:07 AM
Oct 2020
best episode of the historic year
Jun 4, 2023 10:12 AM

Aug 2021
lmao love my man muichiro, he was pretty funny. I feel like Gyokko is the weakest upper moon so far, he died way too easily and ofc the little screen time Mitsuri got was super satisfying. Her swrod seems pretty op!
Jun 4, 2023 10:14 AM
Jun 2022
I've been waiting for the Gyokko roasting session to be animated! I'm glad Muichirou got all of his emotions outside of anger back. Contrary to his first reaction to Rengoku's death, he seemed to actually have formed a bond with him and misses him.
And FINALLY, Kanroji appears to take care of Zouhakuten, meaning the next episodes will be focused on her sheer strength as a Hashira. She seems to be the only one in the swordsmith village who could deal with Upper 4. Can't wait to see more of her love breathing techniques.
Jun 4, 2023 10:17 AM
Mar 2023
that was epic😳
Jun 4, 2023 10:19 AM

Mar 2020
komaaa_ said:
I've been waiting for the Gyokko roasting session to be animated! I'm glad Muichirou got all of his emotions outside of anger back. Contrary to his first reaction to Rengoku's death, he seemed to actually have formed a bond with him and misses him.
And FINALLY, Kanroji appears to take care of Zouhakuten, meaning the next episodes will be focused on her sheer strength as a Hashira. She seems to be the only one in the swordsmith village who could deal with Upper 4. Can't wait to see more of her love breathing techniques.

Love breeding “techniques” 😏😏😏
Jun 4, 2023 10:34 AM
Apr 2022
i feel like ive been scammed man
Jun 4, 2023 10:35 AM
Mar 2015
One misted One to be loved
Jun 4, 2023 10:39 AM

Dec 2022
now that Kanroji is here everything would be a ok also like to mention like how muichiro killed an upper five single handed
ZaxphredJun 5, 2023 4:41 AM
Jun 4, 2023 10:50 AM

May 2020
Whoa, Muichiro did a nice provokation. He has become talkative. I like this side of him. Damn, that smug face and that dialogue hit hard. I'd like to describe Muichiro chopping Gyokko's head as minced meat. 

That was Rengoku's sword guard. While Nezuko was shocked when she saw Tanjiro being swallowed, her expression turned into a damsel in distress at the sight of Kanroji Mitsuri. 
Jun 4, 2023 10:56 AM
Apr 2022
Kinda disappointed to see that tanjirou don't use water breathing anymore, cause those looked cooler than sun breathing. Might see some tomioka action in the future seasons probably? Then I can have my hunger for water breathing being finally satisfied.
Jun 4, 2023 10:57 AM
Jul 2020
Zaxphred said:
now that Kanroji is here everything would be a ok also like to mention like how muichiro killed an upper four single handed
Gyokko is upper 5 not 4
Jun 4, 2023 10:58 AM

Mar 2020
I love Muichiro, he is so strong and adorable at the same time. Mitsuri is slaying with the moon pose, haha. Also, that part with Rengoku had me in tears, like come on, I'm already crying over Muichiro but then this .. Muichiro crying while remembering Rengoku..😭
Yumi_KiaraJun 4, 2023 11:04 AM
Jun 4, 2023 10:58 AM
May 2021
Mitsuri came in clutch to save Tanjiro.
Jun 4, 2023 11:00 AM

Jan 2021
Yes this is quite possibly the worst upper moon fight but I must say Ufotable did an excellent job on this one. Upper 5 and his fight wasn't anything special at all in the manga but they at least made it a bit relevant in the anime. Now for the main fight of the season. Next two episodes will be the real highlight of the season.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 4, 2023 11:04 AM

Mar 2020
Tsuyo_Mika said:
Whoa, Muichiro did a nice provokation. He has become talkative. I like this side of him. Damn, that smug face and that dialogue hit hard. I'd like to describe Muichiro chopping Gyokko's head as minced meat. 

That was Rengoku's sword guard. While Nezuko was shocked when she saw Tanjiro being swallowed, her expression turned into a damsel in distress at the sight of Kanroji Mitsuri. 
Yeah, I love it when Muichiro talks back to Gyokko, like you said I also impress with Nezuko's part
Jun 4, 2023 11:08 AM
Sep 2019
Pretty good episode. I loved Muichiro's sassiness and Mitsuri's confidence of fighting upper 4. As always amazing coreography and animation, especially at Muichiro's mist and Mitsuri's sword whipping. Muichiro finally getting closure after his past was nice and all.
One think I didn't like was how underwhelming Gyokko was. That's what I call waste of a character. He didn't do anything spectacular or amazing as Akaza and Daki and Gyutaro🫤
Jun 4, 2023 11:08 AM

Feb 2021
Mitsuri is finally here let's gooo!
I loved how smug Muichiro was this episode. That smile especially lol
Jun 4, 2023 11:09 AM
Aug 2019
MaN tHiS ePiSoDe WaS sO sHiT, ShIt SeAsOn, iM dRoPpInG tHiS
Jun 4, 2023 11:12 AM
Jul 2015
It’s sad how pathetic and cringy people are. Guess it’s too much for people to understand that not every fight has the hero as the underdog where it’s this long grueling fight. Muichiro straight up outclassed Upper 5 once the handicaps were gone and went to business. That’s one of the top 3 there people. MVP Muichiro for this season.
Jun 4, 2023 11:14 AM

Mar 2009
Well... I'm happy that Gyokko dude is finnaly destroyed. And I just wanted to say that Upper 5 Demon was sooo meeeh... and gave me the impression of being lower-class one and weaker than Upper 6 Gyutaro.
Jun 4, 2023 11:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Fish demon really is having his fill in surprises from Tokito for sure. Never thought i'll see Tokito taunt someone though. Back then it was a miracle that Amane and co were able to arrive in time to save him. Even for him though that was one hell of an effort that he put in to finally kill that demon. Mitsuri sure took her time but its nice to finally see her make her long awaited entrance in the fight against the upper ranks. Her sword really has quite the unique structure though thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2023 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
Not gonna lie. Upper 5 demon was pretty disappointing. I hope no one is mad at me for saying that. I think Gyutaro would’ve been more of the guy being upper 5 than 6 if anything. Muichiro literally had that mark almost like Tanjiro and went all out on that Upper 5, and later easily defeating him. But somehow put him out of commission funnily. As for Tanjiro and th others. Oh dear. And now Kanroji shows up to help/save them. Oh yeah! X3
alphazero4umJun 4, 2023 11:24 AM
Jun 4, 2023 11:20 AM

Oct 2018
Upper Demons are beings that have lived for centuries, the strongest soldiers of the Japanese Michael Jackson. They have killed hundreds of Hashira and have never been defeated in battle before. But it seems that after one of them died, the others lost their motivation to live, because now Number 4 can't even kill two kids, and Number 5 died without putting up a fight against a single Hashira.
I try to give credit, but it's just not possible.
At least this Number 5 demon died quickly. They are simply the most unbearable character since Zenitsu and Pig-Head.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jun 4, 2023 11:24 AM

May 2015
If Gyokko is really dead (well it looks like) then is quite strange that he go down in 1 vs. 1. It's not that I mad or something, but killing Gyoutaro/Daki took way more effort. I know that Mist Hashira is really strong and he's got some "ancestor blood" like tanjiro, but still Gyokko death was rather anticlimatic. Stiill, great animation and music. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 4, 2023 11:26 AM

Aug 2015
I can't believe how disappointing this episode was... Rengoku died and Uzui nearly died fighting Upper Demons. Muichiro killed him in 5 minutes like it was nothing, wtf.
Jun 4, 2023 11:30 AM
Jan 2023
DaviMoraesUK said:
best episode of the historic year

INDEED IT IS THE BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON SO FARRR!!!!!
Jun 4, 2023 11:33 AM

Jan 2021
Inside121 said:
MaN tHiS ePiSoDe WaS sO sHiT, ShIt SeAsOn, iM dRoPpInG tHiS
Yeah these toxic ,,fans'' are really shitty on god
Jun 4, 2023 11:36 AM

Oct 2009
Bwhahah..... This is hilarious and I refuse to believe it's mere coincidence.

Mist breathing - seventh form - Obscuring Clouds.

Anyone knows...

Heh.
Jun 4, 2023 11:38 AM

Jan 2021
Kenel said:
I can't believe how disappointing this episode was... Rengoku died and Uzui nearly died fighting Upper Demons. Muichiro killed him in 5 minutes like it was nothing, wtf.
It will be explained why muichiro is so fucking strong. Rengoku was unlucky to go up against akaza one of the strongest demons. Tengen is nothing compared to muichiro in this point in the story. Also gyokko is not a fighter like gyutaro. Gyokko is more like a trickster. Muichiro almost died if Kotetsu didnt save him in episode 7.
Jun 4, 2023 11:38 AM
Jan 2023
I'M JUST GOING CRAZZZYYYYYY AFTER WATCHING THIS EPISODE.

I am obsessed such a wonderful episode it is. I may be OVERHYPING but it is the best episode in the season or maybe series so farr!!!
MUICHIRO's humour, speed and versatility had carried the episode in the first half. And I am so glad that I haven't read the manga so it's just amazing for me.
And in the second half of the episode, MITSURI KANROJI has carried it all. She was just so cute and versatile in the episode [Ok I am overacting]
Also that Zenitsu and Inosuke in the extreme end if the episode were just so surprising.

Now that the next episode is "Mitsuri Kanroji The Love Hashira" , I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR SUNDAY!!!

Jun 4, 2023 11:43 AM

Oct 2013
So ufotable missed an opportunity to add Gyokko's backstory to this show, sticking with the "safe and faithful adaptation of the manga" approach. What a shame. Too bad over 9000 Muichiro's flashbacks were good enough to be included in the show.

Pretty boring episode that has somehow made the scene with Gyokko arguing with Muichiro look more cheesy and cringey than it looked like in the manga.

Mitsuri's entrance was epic. Huge shoujo energy in a shounen show, given justice by coating it in very good looking animation. Can't wait to see her fighting against Zohakuten.
Jun 4, 2023 11:45 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Mitsuri is here so things are going to get interesting.
Overall much better episode than the last one.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Jun 4, 2023 11:44 AM

Aug 2013
That was the worst hashira fight in demon slayer for me!
Jun 4, 2023 11:49 AM
Jan 2023
Amazing. The best episode this season.
Jun 4, 2023 11:51 AM
Oct 2016
Muichiro smoking that Gyokko pack!! Great episode seeing Muichiro handle business after he's gotten his full memories back. The kid absolutely getting underneath Gyokko skin with his attitude and taunting. Muichiro totally not letting any emotion show when Gyokko would boast and expect praise. The perfect way to unravel someone so prideful is to not give them any acknowledgment. Muichiro played it perfectly letting Gyokko undo himself. Drawing out that ultimate form Gyokko has, A fish snake weird combination. Looking very silky and shiny in that form, Gyokko unleashing some wild attacks. Animation looked great as Muichiro evaded them all and Gyokko sent those thousands of poisonous slime fish flying at Muichiro. The Hashira making quick work of Gyokko sliding his head off as he emerged from the fog. Not letting Gyokko spout any nonsense so glad that Muichiro chopped his head up, no sad backstory for this demon. Very glad to see Kotetsu alive despite his wounds. The Rengoku hit that Tanjiro gave Kotetsu to hold saving his life. Cutting back to the upper moon four fight where Tanjiro is not looking good. Tanjiro, Nezuko and Genya all being overwhelmed by the power of these giants wooden dragons. Upping the power of each emotion demon from before to crazy levels. Tanjiro on the verge even swallowed up by one of the dragons until Mitsuri comes in clutch with the save!! Made me so excited seeing her join this fight! I love her character so much its gonna great having another Hashira join and help end this!
Jun 4, 2023 11:53 AM

Oct 2013
Khalifla said:
That was the worst hashira fight in demon slayer for me!
In which way? Fighting choreography, direction, dialogue between two fighters?

But yeah, even though Gyokko's final form looked sick in how crazy his movements were, I think this fight can be a serious contender to be the worst so far from all fights where any Pillar was involved.
Jun 4, 2023 11:56 AM

Jul 2011
Muichiro flashbacks of the last few episodes, to remember why he is there, was very successful.

Now back to Senpachiro's fight, if he will can do anything with his foot busted.
Jun 4, 2023 11:58 AM

Sep 2018
As much as I liked Muichiro's interactions with Gyokko this episode, I kinda feel like the Upper Six seem a whole lot less threatening this season. Compared to how difficult the battle against Daki and Gyutaro was last season, where it took Uzui plus the whole main cast nearly dying just to beat them, Gyokko kind of just went down like a chump after Muichiro got his power-up. Although his split forms seemed fairly weak, I'm hoping Hantengu doesn't go down nearly as easily now that Kanroji is on the scene.
Jun 4, 2023 12:00 PM
Hokage
Oct 2021
Tokito... without any effort my god! Awesome episode
Jun 4, 2023 12:14 PM

Jul 2013
Stark700 said:
They took such a deep dive into Muichiro's character this epsiode/arc that it felt like he became a main protagonist. It's great that he also found some peace and received that sword. About time really.

Elsewhere, Tanjirou still fought with heart and guts in that battle. Mitsuri deserved some credit for her efforts as well and I love her level of confidence. She's really improved this season. 
he is definitely not a main protag because it is the same thing they did for tengen. Muichiro will be a supporting character for the rest of the show, I can tell. Sorry to break it to you
Jun 4, 2023 12:15 PM

Jan 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
Upper Demons are beings that have lived for centuries, the strongest soldiers of the Japanese Michael Jackson. They have killed hundreds of Hashira and have never been defeated in battle before. But it seems that after one of them died, the others lost their motivation to live, because now Number 4 can't even kill two kids, and Number 5 died without putting up a fight against a single Hashira.
I try to give credit, but it's just not possible.
At least this Number 5 demon died quickly. They are simply the most unbearable character since Zenitsu and Pig-Head.

Man, but but, the animation man! The one that wasn't even that good this fight lol
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people consider Gyokko and Hantengu weak?

Phantom_373 - Jul 22

1 by Sworld30 »»
Yesterday, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

719 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jul 20, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

269 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 17, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

277 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 12, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2023

224 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 12, 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.