Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
To me, it feels like Tetsuo was counting down his life as this episode went on and that dinner. With all the buildup an drama, this episode went with its more tense action moments again.

I have to admit, I do love how this anime isn't holding back when it comes to action and execution.
May 28, 2023 8:28 AM

Feb 2021
Tetsuo out there with his galaxy brain, love to see it. We learned more about his parents and apparently Kasen's family is really rich, I think they're gonna play a big role further into the story.
Tetsuo x Kasen W couple.
May 28, 2023 8:34 AM
Sep 2015
I feel like another appropriate title is Yakuza X Family.
May 28, 2023 8:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Absolute justice huh. If the world was that perfect then there would be no criminals in the world. Tetsuo's father was one hell of a hero. Loyalty to the group that saved you and gave you a purpose or justice really is a tough choice. That was one hell of a bait email though. Though it took a while looks like shifting the blame to Kyoichi ended up paying off. Still even if he takes the fall i don't see the OCG just leaving Tetsuo and his family alive given what they seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2023 9:17 AM

Jan 2018
Damn. It looks like Tetsuo succeeded in framing Kyoichi while still maintaining his innocence. Seems like it should be over by now.

But I don't think Tetsuo should rest yet. Because if Kubo cares even a little bit about Kyoichi, he might just frame Tetsuo anyway in order to save Kyoichi.

Really wonder how the hell Kasen managed to get the skeleton inside Kyoicih's closet or safe though.
May 28, 2023 9:22 AM
May 2023
This episode is insane
May 28, 2023 9:24 AM
Feb 2022
o yea this is the Best ep so far
May 28, 2023 9:33 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Tetsuo finally has the upperhand and was able to incriminate Kyoichi by somehow putting Nobuto's bones in his safe lock. How did he know the safe combination though? At this point I can't recall him finding out about that but we'll probably get to it later.

Next up is the reveal.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 28, 2023 9:40 AM
Oct 2019
Blown away by the 5d chess plays that this show is doing. Tetsuo's setup was perfect and now with the blame shifted to Kyoichi I'm not sure where everything is headed. I haven't read the manga but it's got 100+ chapters rn so the future of the series is hazy.
May 28, 2023 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
I feel so bad for Kyoichi san >< Even bad guys have their background stories to respect ><
May 28, 2023 10:08 AM

Oct 2022
Oh.. he really set him up. Poor Kyoichi actually thought he was safe and was going to fram Tetsuo for all this but Tetsuo has other plans.
May 28, 2023 10:32 AM

Dec 2018
man kyoichi got shafted and i feel bad. i was hoping for a redemption arc and stuff but who knows, its not done yet.
May 28, 2023 10:56 AM

Sep 2021
Everything went according to plan! But this episode sure was crazy. Seeing Kyoichi struggle is actually a bit painful, but he just made too many wrong decisions. You can't join the Yakuza and play detective at the same time. Especially not when you expect to defeat the evil mastermind couple Tosu and Kasen!

I guess next week will give some more explanations, alongside Kasen showing off her criminal skills. That even started this week, but they abseloutly ran out of time here.

However, it's still 3 episodes left. Will this truly be the end for Kyoichi? Or can he pull a final gambit? Personally, I don't think he has what it takes to make it out of this situation, but we'll see.
May 28, 2023 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
Damn it's inevitable it would come to this, but I feel so bad for Kyouichi. Dude just wants to accomplish his dream of opening his own restaurant and being a good son for his mother, but he got set up by an old man and is a breath away from losing everything and getting killed by the organization he's a part of. I'm really curious to know how Tetsuo and Kasen got through the passcode and managed to plant the bag inside of the safe, maybe somehow using fingerprints to identify which buttons were most often used? That's the standard trope I see used in crime shows lol.
But lmao at Kasen doing her stretches on the roof, she looks like she's about to do something crazy.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
May 28, 2023 11:26 AM
Jul 2021
the episode was freaking on nerves!
May 28, 2023 11:29 AM
May 2017
Tosu fucking Tesuo people. He is him. Sorry to Kyochi but he was cool with killing Tetsuo despite having no concrete evidence. It truly is a doggy dog world, and Tosu and Kasen did what they had to do to overcome the odds. Some may say it wasn't honorable but this is as real life as it gets, sticking to strict ethics and guidelines would have ended with someone dying, better not them than someone else ya feel me

5/5 peak episode

p.s Kyochi is listed in the data base as an mc, somehow he will make it through this right?
May 28, 2023 11:30 AM

Mar 2020
Looks like things went according to plan for Tetsuo and Kasen, as Kyoichi has been framed. I do wonder how they were able to open the safe though. Let's see if Tetsuo and Kasen can get out of this scot-free, though I don't see why the gang would be let them get out of this given what they have seen. 

In terms of tension and pay-off, probably the best episode of the series so far.
May 28, 2023 11:57 AM
Aug 2020
I really love the episode, it was really good, the suspense is quite good.

What will happen next…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 28, 2023 12:08 PM

Feb 2017
oh boy, i actually feel really really bad for kyoichi :( i figured they somehow got the combination to kyoichi's safe. should be interesting to see what trick they used 

aghh sometimes i don't know whether i want to be on kyoichi's side (wanting to reopen his family's diner) or tetsuo's side (wanting to protect his family)

placeholder text
May 28, 2023 1:13 PM

Feb 2021
I want season 2! Please, announce it! It REALLY DESERVES it! And let it has 24-26 episodes!
May 28, 2023 1:39 PM
Dec 2010
It's hard to call this show "good", but so far it's kept me on the edge of my seat like few other shows could. Thriller in anime rarely works
May 28, 2023 2:44 PM

Feb 2019
Damnnnn I kinda feel bad for Kyoichi but then again if given the chance he would’ve betrayed Tetsuo as well so 🤷🏾‍♂️ them’s the breaks
May 28, 2023 2:47 PM
Mar 2012
Great episode. Loving the suspense.
How the hell is this rated less than 7 stars? 
May 28, 2023 3:16 PM

Dec 2019
NekoAleu said:
some people rate it less than 7 just because of some reasons such as "animation is not good", "wife reaction is unrealistic", etc :/
Ḻ͖͚̤̥͂ͪͩ̽ͅo͖̺̒̉r̰̝ͣͤ̌̉̃̀d ͈̹̠͎͙̗ͪ̄͆ͪ̈̃̀R̩͌͂͑ͦi͔̯̱̣̹̜̲x͕̮̞̮̪̒͆̈́u̜̦͔͈̮͕͈͐̇̔̒̐el̰̖̦͒͛

Discord qhCsvqT

Make English people read this: Ohio go say mass
May 28, 2023 3:28 PM
Nov 2022
This anime doesn't have the best animation but damn, the story manages to maintain suspense at all times.

Kansen is the MVP xd
May 28, 2023 3:32 PM
Sep 2022
NekoAleu said:

Unfortunately, because adaptation has a struggling animation and human expectations was so high for this show
May 28, 2023 5:36 PM

Jun 2019
Damn, skill and teammate difference. Having Kasen by your side is an automatic win.
May 28, 2023 5:45 PM

Apr 2022
tetsuo set up kyoichi huh, and 2nd episode in a row where the wife is the last thing we see right before the episode ends, idk kinda strange.

i relate to tetsuo tho, store bought food all the time, home-cooked meals hit different fr.
May 28, 2023 6:18 PM

Dec 2017
Tetsuo is an absolute mastermind!!! Each episode raises the stakes and entangles the story much more, to the point that the yakuzas themselves begin to doubt themselves. Now we know the real motivation of the criminals, the daughter was only the first step to reach the fortune of Tetsuo's family, that gives the story an even greater breadth and makes it clear that this season is just the beginning of something much larger.

It reminds me a lot of those sudden changes that "Liar Game" once had. Now it remains to be seen how the wife (another fabulous character) managed to get the remains into Kyoichi's safe.

What a great story!!!
May 28, 2023 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
It was really great to see Tetsuo's machinations unfold from Kyoichi's perspective, it made him seem really diabolical. I'm still holding out hope that Tetsuo will save Kyoichi somehow after all this. 
Shoot first, think never.
May 28, 2023 8:05 PM
May 2021
Some say nice guys are back-stabbers and while I feel bad for Kyouichi (just alil bit)...
Tetsuo did what he had to do and yeah it's fucked, but for someone without abilities or powers, I can't blame the guy or judge him negatively.
All in all, he's just a simple man looking out for his family.
However, Kasen is a kick-ass wife.
Every episode has had a cliffhanger, but this one got flipped real quick.
3 episodes to go... I've really enjoyed this show, we need more like this.
SlimsithMay 28, 2023 8:09 PM
May 28, 2023 8:27 PM
Aug 2011
I feel bad for Kyoichi, the anime was making me feel for him. But the truth is that one of the two os going to die.
Now, its funny that the yakuza is being deceived by a "normal" couple!
May 28, 2023 8:43 PM

May 2019
Man the suspense in this episode was an 11/10! I'm very curious to see how the remains were put in the safe. It is possible that Tetsuo heard clicks or other noises from the dial when Kyoichi opened the safe and then relayed those instructions to Kasen otherwise I have no clue.

Kyoichi is in a big bind and I'm not sure if he'll be able to save himself somehow but whether he lives or dies I don't think the Yakuza will be done with Tetsuo's family due to the alleged family fortune.
May 28, 2023 8:45 PM

Feb 2021
He's much more like a Secret Agent rather than a Father XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 28, 2023 9:38 PM

Jan 2022
The suspense and twists in this show are top-notch! Also, the character design for the bad guys are pretty cool as well. Though if I'm honest, I feel bad for Kyoichi. Like damn imagine being innocent and having the worst possible situation happen to you while the person who set you up smile in your face. I see how the show is trying to cover for Tetuso. Citing that he was looking out for his daughter at an extreme measure, the dude is cold-blooded. Similar to Macbeth, he has gone mad with power at the propespect of murder and walking away Scott free. Minus a few bumps and bruises, but they are deserved. The sad part is that while I don't condone his actions, I feel for the guy and understand where he is coming from, but dam. I pray things don't get messy with his family. Also props to the wife she deserves a medal and daily assurance she is not a nagging woman.
May 28, 2023 10:55 PM

Oct 2013
Glad to know I'm not the only one pitying Kyoichi. After the last episode, it occurred to me they're both in losing, unfair situations, but Tetsuo is arguably more "in the wrong" than Kyoichi. Centering the show around these two characters really works for me.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 28, 2023 10:57 PM
Oct 2019
Damn Tetsuo the mastermind, and Kasen the executioner meanwhile Reika didn't inherit anything from their parents. LMAO
May 29, 2023 1:36 AM

May 2020
Last episode when Tetsuo's wife was looking for something in the ditch, didn't think it was that bag full of bones which ultimately framed Kyoichi as the killer. Now sadly he got no way out of this, unless they miraculous picked a clue which tells otherwise. Though I think Tetsuo didn't left any of those.

Also hey, that end.. his wife about to jump off the building with some parachute or something?? Lol.
May 29, 2023 4:23 AM

Jun 2013
Okay that cliffhanger of Kasen got me wondering what she's up to. I'm definitely more tempted to read the manga now.
臭い-
May 29, 2023 6:42 AM

Jan 2020
Hell yeah, justice is served for Kyouichi. Wonder if he truly is out of the game, they still didn't show them killing him.
May 29, 2023 7:16 AM
May 2019
very tense this episode
May 29, 2023 9:28 AM

Mar 2007
The mastermind is married to the best waifu of the season in terms of intelligence, sneakiness, acting and sheer ability to get things done. Plus she is 100% supportive of her husband, and keeping her family safe.
May 29, 2023 10:06 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Tetsuo's dad was a cop and his parents died in a car crash when he was young. Gotta love how Tetsuo is making these 4-D chess moves to turn Kyoichi against Takeda causing chaos in the criminal organization. Feel bad for Kyoichi, but he got played and fell into the trap created by Tetsuo and Kasen. Kudos for Kasen for having his husbands back all the time. She would make a good spy.
May 29, 2023 11:23 AM

Aug 2018
Zadion said:
Tetsuo is arguably more "in the wrong" than Kyoichi
Is he though? Everything he's doing is basically self defense. Kyoichi has a "noble" goal but he wasn't forced to become a yakuza, he's hurt and/or killed a lot of innocent people to get where he is. As sad as his family circumstances were, he could have easily gotten a regular job to support his mom and eventually achieve his dream. 
May 29, 2023 2:33 PM
Apr 2020
Poor kyouichi doesn't deserve this
May 29, 2023 4:15 PM

Oct 2013
eglepe said:
Zadion said:
Tetsuo is arguably more "in the wrong" than Kyoichi
Is he though? Everything he's doing is basically self defense. Kyoichi has a "noble" goal but he wasn't forced to become a yakuza, he's hurt and/or killed a lot of innocent people to get where he is. As sad as his family circumstances were, he could have easily gotten a regular job to support his mom and eventually achieve his dream. 
I feel Tetsuo started this by killing Nobuto on a sudden impulse. Of course the circumstances were extreme and I don't necessarily blame him, but it was a rash move that threw his entire family into hell. Kyoichi is arguably also working on self-defense. Neither of them are guiltless in these circumstances.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 29, 2023 5:25 PM

Aug 2018
Zadion said:
eglepe said:
I feel Tetsuo started this by killing Nobuto on a sudden impulse. Of course the circumstances were extreme and I don't necessarily blame him, but it was a rash move that threw his entire family into hell. Kyoichi is arguably also working on self-defense. Neither of them are guiltless in these circumstances.
I wouldn't say Tetsuo is completely guiltless, but he's the less guilty of the two. He killed Nobuto on impulse only after he'd beaten his daughter up and was shouting about how he was gonna kill her, the only reason he was even with her was because her grandparents are loaded. If anyone started it, it was Nobuto. Kyoichi didn't really acting in self-defense, he never had to kill anyone in the first place, the only consequence is the organization was gonna lose their moneymaker. Abducting and almost killing Tetsuo was just his way of climbing the ranks. 
May 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Mar 2008
Kind of feel bad for Kyoichi. I wonder if Tetsuo will go a layer deeper and actually save Kyoichi since if Kyoichi sees himself as being betrayed by the gang then his loyalty could shift to Tetsuo more. He did take time to verbally mention his acknowledgment of his loyalty which is what is making think this is a possibility.

Anyone else think the colour scheme for Tetsuo's youth looks way more fitting for the show than this saturated modern look?
May 30, 2023 12:35 AM

Mar 2020
Probs the best ep of the series, I hope they don't end up saving Koichi or something next ep as it would ruin the entire plot until now..
May 30, 2023 2:06 AM

Mar 2020
people will still go out of their way to hate on this show for no reason
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

110 by aranami »»
Mar 17, 11:21 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2023

61 by kizeroch »»
Feb 11, 8:29 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

65 by Traotora »»
Feb 8, 5:41 PM

» My Home Hero might be copied from Drishyam movie.

Xion69 - Apr 9, 2023

16 by SaitamaKirito »»
Jan 31, 3:40 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2023

54 by Traotora »»
Jan 12, 6:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.