Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
It took a few months but this anime is finally back! About damn time.

I think this episode was great for being able to once again capture the thrilling feeling of an adventure. Seeing Asirpa take risk and action is such a delight and fitting to her character. Glad to see that the anime still maintains its natural feel of the environment, like with the cold tundra. Seeing Suigimoto and the crew tackle their mission together feels like the days never left in this show. 

I still don't trust Tsurumi but man, his character always has a presence wherever he goes imo.
May 15, 2023 8:17 AM

Jan 2021
Episode 7 has been released ??!! Please tell me this is not a dream , oh god please tell me it’s not , i need to wake myself up

May 15, 2023 8:31 AM
May 2021
Bruh I forgot this series existed 🤣🤣
May 15, 2023 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
CowBoi__ said:
Episode 7 has been released ??!! Please tell me this is not a dream , oh god please tell me it’s not , i need to wake myself up
It came back from a rather sizable delay from last year.
May 15, 2023 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
THE GOAT HAS COME BACK!

The intense trade of Sugimoto's group with Lieutenant Tsurumi's group to head towards Wakkanai, it's clear that he has ulterior motives to restrain her until they can find the Ainu gold for their own uses. And Asirpa, for better or worse, decides her fate with non-poison arrows, which she used as a diversion to run away with Sugimoto. But they didn't get very far, though once shot by Ogata, the Immortal himself unleashes into action with Koito sustaining the most damage. While they escape with Shiraishi and Hood, Tanigaki can't come because Tsurumi would put his village in danger.

The boat they're on leaves soon with Sugimoto suffering damage, and with a headshot, finally flees Karafuto on the way to Wakkanai, one step closer to using the Ainu gold for good. Lieutenant Tsurumi's Ikazuchi-class ship destroyer chasing after the Karafuto ferry, and the ice floes presents only their way out, knowing that they're awfully surrounded, to find some blanket covers and walk on the ice floes. But this stops their tracks into reaching Wakkanai fast to reach the gold, and Shiraishi's intel proved fatal of what Tsurumi has his plans upon. Asirpa's puzzle on a grander scale, still has some puzzle pieces to fill, but the end goal will always be the most difficult, despite her knowing the code and Sugimoto waiting upon the moments to decode it, thereby respecting her views.

It's back to Hokkaido, and the journey only get more devastating, but exciting!
KANLen09May 15, 2023 12:09 PM
May 15, 2023 8:45 AM
Oct 2016
We're finally back in the world of Golden Kamuy! Picking up directly where events left off with Asirpa about to be handed over to Tsurumi. Naturally the deal didn't go over smoothly. Tsurumi couldn't contain himself being so close to finding the gold and started to crack right in front of Asirpa. His maniacal true nature showing through the calm disposition he tried to display. Asirpa making the right call to not go with him since we could hear he wanted to lock her up in a basement until she said where the gold is. Firing those decoy arrows to make the soldier freak out was the right move as her and Sugimoto ran for it.

They ended up getting cornered anyways but that lead to my favorite part of the episode. Sugimoto going ballistic and wrecking multiple soldier by himself including Koito. Whom along with Tsukishima I am very disappointed in. They both spent all that time fighting together with and bonding with Asirpa and Sugimoto but still choose Tsurumi. Tsukishima especially because he knows Tsurumi is absolutely twisted but still choose him. That's wild. But it was nice seeing Sugimoto go Immortal again and bust some dudes up. Very clever how they fled the ferry covering themselves in white blankets to blend in with the ice. Vasili coming in clutch helping them. I'm glad that Asirpa made the right decision not helping Tsurumi. She can help the Ainu much more than anyone else. The crew is back in Hokkaido and on the run once again.
May 15, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2012
Lol what a joke, brain’s base. After half a year wait you give us this awful art and non-existent animation… and that’s coming from someone who usually doesn’t care about visuals much. Well, at least animals now aren’t cg like people wanted lol.

Visual quality aside, the story is really picking up. I didn’t like season 2 and 3, but this one reminds of the first and that’s great.
May 15, 2023 9:27 AM
Sep 2015
If only there's no delay this season would be a masterpiece, now I feel disconnected because of the long waiting period.
May 15, 2023 9:42 AM

Mar 2020
DAMN MY FAVORITE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST DAMN!! ORE WA FUJIMI NO SUGIMOTO DA!!!!! MY GOAT SUGIMOTO!!!

LAST YEAR FALL 2022 AND WERE NOW IN SPRING 2023 IM EXCITED EVERY WEEK FOR GOLDEN KAMUY!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
May 15, 2023 9:47 AM

May 2020
We had an episode last time back in November, and now it's May... delays suck so hard.

Nevertheless GOAT Kamuy is back, and wasted no time whatsoever in giving us the much sought after confrontation between Sugimoto and Tsurumi's respective crews. The bloodshed was inevitable, as Tsurumi was upto no good since the start, though they did manage to escape, the trio of Sugimoto, Asripa and Shiraishi. But hey the question is for how long, given the grave injuries of Sugimoto, it's almost impossible to shook of Tsurumi's men completely.

We'll see. For the time being Ogata is back too.
May 15, 2023 10:44 AM
Nov 2020
Finally back!! I waited for this moment for too long 🤩🤩
May 15, 2023 10:49 AM

Feb 2019
ive been waiting for this
May 15, 2023 11:10 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Golden Kamuy Mondays is back!!!
May 15, 2023 11:43 AM

Mar 2020
Half a year has passed since the last episode, and inevitably, I do feel quite a large disconnect with what's going on at the moment, but it's nice that Sugimoto and the group escaped Karafuto and the grasp of Lieutenant Tsurumi, of course they weren't just going to hand over Asirpa just like that. I guess Tsukishima and Koito are siding with Tsurumi, which is too bad.

Visually, it doesn't look all that great, but then this series was never known for particularly good animation. Nevertheless, I do look forward to seeing what the second half of this season will bring.
May 15, 2023 1:22 PM

Dec 2018
yes yes yes yes yes the best show is back and welcome back to all my kamuy friends!!!! and oh boy did sugimoto really rough them up, he went nuts lol.
StateofOhayoMay 15, 2023 1:30 PM
May 15, 2023 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
It has been 6 months since the last episode, but I'm glad that Golden Kamuy is back with a new episode after a long time. ^_^

With that in mind, it didn't take long for things to move pretty quickly with Tsurumi's crew challenging Sugimoto's group over Asirpa. It was also a reminder of how brutally strong Sugimoto can be in bloody fights like this one, as some of his attacks were ruthless and brutal.

Not only was the chase between both groups involving the ferry and a warship pretty entertaining, but Ogata has finally re-appeared and, just like with Sugimoto's group, he's heading back to Hokkaido as well.

Overall, I'm glad that I can enjoy Golden Kamuy once again on a Monday and I look forward to where the story goes next time! =)
May 15, 2023 1:49 PM
Aug 2020
Welcome back Sugimoto, It was long but lime usual, it was a great episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 15, 2023 2:21 PM

Jul 2011
Im impressed that the production didn't closed as season 4, and named this season 5. I mean, was that long ago that was delayed.

Sugimoto be like " When the boss hit enrage."
May 15, 2023 8:00 PM

Sep 2016
Tsurumi's brain juice was pretty nasty
May 15, 2023 9:21 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I won’t lie, I nearly forgot that this returned but damn was I excited to see that it did, there was true bliss as the OP and ED hit my ears again, and what an episode to return to. As expected, negotiations with Tsurumi failed but I wasn’t expecting Asirpa to fire arrows into the air and book it lol, I guess that was the only way out of the situation tho. It all ended up working out but not with a lot of speed bumps in between, like when we saw the return of Sugimoto truly living up to his title “Immortal Sugimoto”, that was a truly badass moment, poor Koito fucked around and found out lol.

And then the whole ship chase happened which was really fun, love seeing use of a warship from this era as well, the passenger ship also had that classic look to it, things that I love seeing in a historical setting lol. And after their efforts to outrun the 7th Division they ended up ditching the ship and running away on foot, they safely jabaited their way to safety lol. And at the end we got to see Ogata once again, really looking forward to big reappearance to the main cast.

And with that we’re back baby, it’s honestly wild how long it’s been, if this was still Fall 2022 I would be watching Novice Alchemist right after this but it’s now Spring 2023 and my Monday shows couldn’t be more different lol. But man, it’s good to be back and I’m really excited for the rest of this season. And once again, RIP to the staff member that was lost.
May 15, 2023 9:23 PM

Aug 2019
I never realized how much I can forget in 6 months of not watching something, I had to go back to last episode to recap what happened

I am really glad this show is back though since this just made mondays a whole lot better
May 15, 2023 9:59 PM
Aug 2013
Was Tsurumi leaking Cerebrospinal Fluid or what?

May 16, 2023 12:20 AM

Mar 2019
Vinland Saga has been a Great King of Season....

But the True King is BACK....

Amazing Return of Golden Kamuy; Best Anime of Past & Actual Season.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
May 16, 2023 3:27 AM

Oct 2016
WE'RE BACK, LET'S GO! We now have Golden Kamuy and Vinland saga on the same day, peak back to back. 

Damn, Tsurumi ain't even bothering to lie no more, shit's serious, I mean look at all that brain cum. 

It's still pretty wild how the groups change just like that, one moment we're having fun with Tsukishima and Koito, now they're back with Tsurumi, I really love that aspect of Golden Kamuy. I am going to miss Tanigaki nispa though.

We back in Hokkaido and Ogata's also on his way, shii. Can't wait for the next episode.
May 16, 2023 7:05 AM

Oct 2008
oh heyheyhey its back!!! the show that has the perfect balance of comedy and action and pure sheer intense factor!!!
such a shame Tanigaki won't be joining Asripa/Sugimoto and Co.
but oh man! Ogata is back to wreck havoc! that is the only rival of the Russian sniper that is currently allied with sugimoto!
Asripa already cracked the code??!? hmmmm
5/5!

May 16, 2023 7:53 AM

Mar 2014
After such a long time it's back and it doesn't disappoints
May 16, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 2019
Finally,the long waiting is over.
May 16, 2023 12:27 PM
Jan 2022
trampler8324 said:
Lol what a joke, brain’s base. After half a year wait you give us this awful art and non-existent animation… and that’s coming from someone who usually doesn’t care about visuals much. Well, at least animals now aren’t cg like people wanted lol.

Visual quality aside, the story is really picking up. I didn’t like season 2 and 3, but this one reminds of the first and that’s great.

the delay wasn’t so they can improve the animation, it was because a staff member died dumbass
May 16, 2023 2:16 PM

Dec 2017
Following the story of Sugimoto, Asirpa and company is truly inspiring. Once again we see the irrepressible "Fujimino" rise like a demon from the shadows. The decisions made trace the path, the wolves will never stop chasing you, but the strength of the heart has no limits.
May 16, 2023 2:32 PM
Mar 2015
the  golden god is back And  Sugimoto is still immortal
landofthekwtMay 16, 2023 4:55 PM
May 16, 2023 2:59 PM

Jan 2012
SuperPooker said:
trampler8324 said:

the delay wasn’t so they can improve the animation, it was because a staff member died dumbass

First of all, you are even dumber if you think any of my words were aimed at the actual staff behind the show. It is pretty obvious that 9 out of 10 times it is studio’s/producers management fault. And by no means I blamed the man who died (I mean, who could even have thought about it, right?).

Second, don’t give me that crap about “the delay wasn’t so they can improve the animation”. It was exactly the reason behind the delay. Also, it’s not like there was anything to improve anyway, Golden Kamui looked perfectly fine.

Because one of the key staff member died, studio had to rearrange its work and to find new people. And from what we see, not everything went well.
trampler8324May 16, 2023 3:05 PM
May 16, 2023 10:57 PM
Oct 2019
It's BACK!! after 6 months... I'm so happy.

FUJIMINO SUGIMOTO!!

also Ogata is back!!

May 17, 2023 4:07 PM

Dec 2019
Really missed this. Super fun episode, and I got chills when the ED started playing.
May 17, 2023 5:18 PM
Jan 2017
i can't remember a think about this season

i will not rewatch six episodes

but this ep was great in action
May 18, 2023 10:51 AM

Mar 2015
finally, good fucking anime to watch
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
May 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Jun 2022
That was slaughter!
May 18, 2023 2:54 PM

Nov 2016
I'm so delighted to have this back. Golden Kamuy and Vinland Saga in the same season, on the same day even is amazing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2023 8:33 AM

May 2015
It's good to see GK back after a long hiatus, but I need to remember the previous episodes with some resumés.
May 21, 2023 8:21 AM

Aug 2022
I'm so fucking glad that this is back!
May 22, 2023 12:53 AM
Mar 2020
este anime en cada temporada se mejorar aún más, buenísimo totalmente
May 22, 2023 12:48 PM
Jan 2023
Besto Seinen. Drama, romance, war, suspense, the best part is coming!
May 25, 2023 3:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hokkaido will be a city, a violence city!!! kekeke
May 25, 2023 12:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Man, I hadn't realized it was back. So happy!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 29, 2023 5:58 PM
Mar 2019
Sugimoto explodes, fantastic.
Jun 17, 2023 7:07 AM

Jul 2016
Apratim said:

Me too. 

So good to have it back and I forgot it restart so I get a few episodes now to binge :)
Jun 17, 2023 11:56 AM
May 2021
Vindicater said:
Apratim said:

Me too. 

So good to have it back and I forgot it restart so I get a few episodes now to binge :)

Ya i also haven't binged yet. Waiting for season 4 weekly to end so that i can binge
Jun 26, 2023 10:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great it's back! And meanwhile the main group managed to escape (the boat scenes were tense) and finally joined Hokkaido! It's getting interesting
Jul 10, 2023 7:17 PM
May 2020
This show has more naval battles than One Piece.
Feb 21, 4:34 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm quite late getting back to Golden Kamuy after the delay. I had put it on hold but then I became so busy and such that I fell really behind on seasonals. I pretty much only caught up last night after darn near if not actually a year of fighting to get back on track only to get hit with more and more things. So being caught up on seasonals and being able to come back to this is a nice treat.
It is, of course, tragic that one of Brain's Base's staff members passed away, causing the delay. It's not something you really ever get over, but I do hope they were able to find some type of peace with the situation and find strength.
Coming back, I felt the episode had some really nice moments. I'm excited to see what happens from here. Good return.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 21, 2:37 PM

May 2021
Ogata got a bit of screentime
Hes still gonna be a crazy sniper with one eye
Can’t wait for the rematch with him and the russian sniper
Inhales oxygen
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

60 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

94 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

40 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

56 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2023

46 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.