Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 5, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, dealing with a new child and pregnancy really is tough. Tanigaki was thrown into some real trouble with what he's dealing with, along with his partner. 

Not going to lie though, I enjoyed this episode's thrilling story and it was a very serious one. Tanigaki is a survivor and battles against whatever odds is in front of him like a man. It's also great to see a new life being born into the world rather than death. 
Jun 5, 2023 7:56 AM

Mar 2020
Great to see that Tsukishima and Koito helped Tanigaki and Inkarmat out so their child could be delivered successfully, despite the thrills this episode and all the chasing. Koito also chooses to have faith in Tsurumi that his agenda is more complex than just a lust for power, we'll see if that pays off.
Jun 5, 2023 8:53 AM

Sep 2015
That was intense.
Jun 5, 2023 8:57 AM
Nov 2020
Wow, Tanigaki/Kuma-chan is really something! I had no doubts that he would not let Inkarmat hostage to Tsurumi, and he carried her all that way up the mountain with all those wounds! Also kudos to Koito who gave a big help :)
Jun 5, 2023 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
Was dramatic for sure.

I know is an episode that celebrate Tanigaki and Inkarmat arc. But Koito was great, both his actions and speech.
Jun 5, 2023 9:07 AM
Sep 2015
This is an amazing episode, especially in the editing aspect, it's in the same level as a big budget film, which is insane considering that this is just a TV series with much less budget.
Jun 5, 2023 9:18 AM
Aug 2020
there is so many things to say.

Tanigaki acted like a real man for me, i'm so happy for him.

I also want to know the real plan of Tsurumi.

This anime is fabulous!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 5, 2023 9:34 AM

Jan 2022
"What a speledid penis" 😂😂😂 totally caught me off guard but good on the couple on working together and caring for their family.
Jun 5, 2023 9:46 AM
Apr 2022
Has anybody got a clue on where to pick up the manga after this episode?
Jun 5, 2023 10:18 AM
Oct 2016
Tanigaki and Inkarmat had their baby!! Such an intense episode. I love these ones that can step away from the main group or main conflict and showcase the side characters so well. Tanigaki has been one of my favorites since his debut all the way back at the beginning. I love seeing him get substantial screen time. His relationship to Inkarmat has been fun to follow. We've seen many ups and downs revolving them, paired with Inkarmat being stabbed by Kiroranke and now very pregnant they've been apart for a while. Which made me glad that Tanigaki came to recuse immediately instead of following what Tsurumi said to kill Sugimoto and capture Asirpa. Very frantic fighting with Tsukishima, that dude is a tough bastard. We've seen over the past two seasons they've journeyed that Tsukishima is no joke. The most serious of their group and now reunited with Tsurumi he's got his mind locked in to following him. Tanigaki managing to escape even after Tsukishima nearly knocked him out and nearly shot him. Ienaga sacrifice was very brave to let Inkarmat have her baby. I'm glad that Koito could run after Tsukishima and talk some sense into him. There's no point in killing Inkarmat and Tanigaki. Tsukishima and Koito don't even know whay Tsurumi goal is after all, maybe its to honor his fellow soldiers he felt were disrespected after the war or maybe its more personal.
Jun 5, 2023 10:34 AM
Feb 2022
Por favor, que Inkarmat y Tanigaki vivan felices con su hija.
Jun 5, 2023 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
koito beginning to suspect tsurumi.
Jun 5, 2023 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
necrosis2010 said:
second half of chapter 232 bro.
Jun 5, 2023 11:08 AM

Jul 2017
The psychological battle between Inkarmat and the rest on Tanigaki's whereabouts, it's both funny and intense.

Tanigaki on escape in Hokkaido, whatever he does will not please Asirpa, Huci, Inkarmat, or whoever, but has to move on. Ienaga giving Inkarmat one of her personal accounts of delivering babies, and above all, Tanigaki came back for her, limiting his movements in case anybody affiliated to Lieutenant Tsurumi can track him. As expected, Tsukishima is quite the sharp-witted sergeant, and Tanigaki couldn't stop him in time. Ienaga saving the couple's life on the sacrifice of her death, Tsukishima is one loyal dog, but as to why Koito let them both go, let's just say that it was a moment of connection between him and Inkarmat. But still, the couple's escape won't go far as long as Tsukishima is alive, and to make matters worse, Inkarmat's water bag broke, forcing Tanigaki to go by foot, bringing her back to Huci for the delivery.

Otona's mother with Huci, and the latter is experienced enough as a veteran midwife, even assisting in the birth of Asirpa. Sure, Tsukishima knows about the kotan, and is desperate to kill Tanigaki, which Lieutenant Koito stops him from doing so because he is their only ticket to finding Asirpa, and if that meant that he would see his father again, apart from seeing Lieutenant Tsurumi's goal come to life. However, Tsukishima sees otherwise, and has killed people to his name, that he could not forgive himself. That said, the men, vowed together to see Inkarmat's birth be done by the Ainu process, and it's a baby girl.

Regardless, a family is saved, and Koito reasons himself with Tsukishima, the real objective being that of laying down lives for comrades. And most importantly: what did Inkarmat's Clairvoyance tell of Tsukishima's future though?
Jun 5, 2023 11:42 AM

Sep 2016
The best episode of this season so far. Bit sad that is was also probably the worst looking visually episode of the season.
This anime really deserves better drawings. If i remember correctly it's finally Botaro next time and probably the beginning of this season climax phase. 
Jun 5, 2023 11:45 AM
Apr 2022
Onaniu said:
necrosis2010 said:
second half of chapter 232 bro.

Alright, thanks a lot!
Jun 5, 2023 12:01 PM

Dec 2018
Ienaga...you weirded me out the second most of all the characters but wow, your sacrifice was super touching. i was practically crying my eyes out by the end; it was a wonderful episode.
Jun 5, 2023 1:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
StateofOhayo said:
Ienaga...you weirded me out the second most of all the characters but wow, your sacrifice was super touching. i was practically crying my eyes out by the end; it was a wonderful episode.
Agree wholeheartedly. That's the thing about Golden Kamuy, even the weirdest, most over the top characters have some very lovely touches of humanity every now and again.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 5, 2023 1:24 PM

Mar 2014
This is quite a nice episode, I'm still a bit shocked from the previous episode and I need this break
Jun 5, 2023 1:49 PM

Feb 2014
Tanigaki had the odds stacked against him so much with his determination in getting Inkarmat out to safety while trying to fend off a pissed off Tsukishima who was hell bent on killing them both. While he isn't as skilled as a fighter, Tanigaki did hold his own pretty well, but I'm glad that Koito was able to convince Tsukishima to stand down.

That proved to be good timing, as Inkarmat was able to give birth to a baby girl, which Tankgaki did have me laughing when me mistaken the umbilical cord for a penis. XD

I'm impressed that Koito stills holds full belief in Tsurumi and the goal that he strives for. Whether that faith is a wise one or a foolish one, only time will tell. Either way, the episode ended on a good note, which makes me glad! =)
Jun 5, 2023 1:59 PM

Nov 2016
Never stop with the Nikaidou shenanigans.

This was another great episode. Golden Kamuy is pretty much the only series in a while that can seamlessly transition from dramatic escape to oddly wholesome. Tsukishima the persistent son of a gun quickly switching the rifle for a baby is all the evidence you need to get my point. There's also always time to throw in some gags. "He got a huge dick" lmao. In all seriousness I loved seeing everything turning out alright for Tanigaki and Inkarmat. Koito a real one for being the voice of reason and morality. RIP Ienaga, twisted as she was, she made the biggest sacrifice. You don't know what kind of person you're until the moment you die.

5/5

P.S. Osama too cute

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2023 2:28 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Inkarmat finally gave birth to a healthy baby girl thanks to Tanigaki Nispa despite being chased by the 7th division. Thankfully Koito was there to let Inkarmat and Tanigaki escape after giving birth.
Jun 5, 2023 2:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was a little surprised that Tsukishima backed down somewhat easily after personally hunting down Tanigaki and Inkarmat and even got some shots off on Tanigaki, and he even killed Ienaga which to be fair isn’t much of a loss in the grand scheme of things, but I did enjoy the result which was the three veteran soldiers doing what was demanded of them as a baby was delivered lol, I do love how Golden Kamuy can turn on a dime like that, one moment it’s super intense and the next you got a smile on your face.

And Tsukishima was an absolute machine as well, what should have kept him knocked out for 2 hours he ended up powering through, which was another reason I was surprised he backed down lol. And I guess with that, it appears that Tanigaki and Inkarmat are officially off the hook and free to live with their newborn daughter, and now I’m curious what Tsurumi’s reaction will be to finding out they escaped, I’d like to imagine Koito and Tsukishima’s view of him is accurate but you can’t be 100% sure.
TheColonel76Jun 5, 2023 2:41 PM
Jun 5, 2023 4:11 PM
Mar 2015
Mother and child doing well The troop continues to follow a loony toon like Lt Tsurimi
Jun 5, 2023 4:16 PM

Jan 2011
i think this season has been average for the most part but this was one of the better episodes even though i dont like how Tsukishima changed his mind so suddenly
Jun 5, 2023 4:28 PM

Mar 2020
Omedetou Tanigaki-san and Inkaramat-san!! It's a baby girl.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jun 5, 2023 5:29 PM

Sep 2011
necrosis2010 said:
Chapter 1

Anyway, Koito the GOAT is finally piecing it all together.  
Jun 5, 2023 10:21 PM

Sep 2018
I think that was easily the best episode this season, especially in an otherwise average season, by Golden Kamuy standards of course.
Jun 5, 2023 10:51 PM
Oct 2019
Ienaga sacrifice? i would never see that coming.

I had respect for Koito now.
Jun 5, 2023 11:00 PM
Mar 2019
Another solid episode. This one puts to a close another storyline. I'm going to miss this anime when it ends.
Jun 5, 2023 11:30 PM
Nov 2020
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
necrosis2010 said:
Chapter 1

Anyway, Koito the GOAT is finally piecing it all together.  

Chapter 1 😂 love it
Jun 5, 2023 11:43 PM

Aug 2019
I’m glad at least they got a happy ending, unless something tragic happens later on which I hope not
Jun 6, 2023 12:51 AM

Mar 2007
What an unbelievable episode! I was so worried for Tanigaki and Inkarmat! Plus I kind of felt bad for Tsukishima. It's season 4 and the more I know about the characters the more I don't know who to root for anymore since everything is just various shades of grey.

Tanigaki is quite a MAN among MEN. Protecting the mother of his child and all. It's just so macho, that it enough to make ladies swoon.

Also the grandma giving the men various jobs just to get them out of the way while Inkarmat was giving birth, legit that's what a midwife would do. It was hilarious to see how they all just started obeying without questioning - You! Go boil water! You! Go Get Straw! You! Take care of this child! Go get herbs! Roll this mortar and pestle, Do this! Do that! ... and the men are all just  "yes Ma'am". It was just very ... real, and maybe it's all the soldiers following orders due to their training heh.

Finally, I think I'm going crazy because Koito's argument was so persuasive I actually agree with him. Do I need help?

Best episode so far (this season) for many reasons.

P.S. I hope Inkarmat and Tanigaki leave and have a low key, happy life together with their new baby. Part of me hopes to NEVER see them again, because I can't handle it if one or more of them ends up being collateral damage.
Jun 6, 2023 1:05 AM

Dec 2017
An excellent episode. It changes the tone of the story a bit and in addition to giving us that great information about Ainu customs, it gives a light of hope to the story by allowing the escape of those two endearing characters such as Inkarmat and the Tanigaki Nispa, what a pleasure to see them have chance to escape...
Jun 6, 2023 10:20 AM
Feb 2022
OMG, what an intense episode!!!!
I was so nervous when Tsukishima chased Tanigaki. Tsukishima is really a horrible and tough man. I don't remember when I felt such feelings for any TV series or anime. This anime is a treasure.
RIP to Ienaga.
Jun 6, 2023 5:56 PM

Feb 2011
Pregnancy episodes are gross as hell and unnecessary.

2/10

Jun 6, 2023 6:38 PM
Mar 2019
Always thought Koito might be a good guy.
Jun 7, 2023 2:21 PM
Jan 2018
I think Golden Kamuy had the better episode this week between this and Vinland Saga. 2 wins in a row!

Tsurumi is a master manipulator, but it's nuts to think he has any noble reason for why he does what he does. And since I choose to remain anime-only, I'm gonna believe till this show validates me or proves me otherwise.

I knew from that episode earlier this season Koito had turned on Tsurumi. It's a slow burn, but we will eventually see Koito's final decision. Koito is so crazy I don't know if we can ever completely know for sure if he believes the words he says.
Jun 7, 2023 11:48 PM

May 2020
that was an intense episode 
had me scared for everyone's life

Jun 8, 2023 2:06 AM

May 2015
Congratulations Tanigaki, you're a new dad.
Jun 8, 2023 7:29 AM

Oct 2008
oh great heavens!  Tsukishima had a change of heart!
Tanigaki & Inkarmat looked like they lived happily ever after huh + the baby! nice!
5/5.

Jun 9, 2023 11:29 AM

Jul 2016
Oh my god, I was so scared for Tanigaki and Inkarmat's lives.
Haven't felt this tense in a while. Golden Kamuy really making me forget that its cast is filled to the brim with lunatics and cold-blooded murderers.

Also I'm so sorry, Ienaga. I seriously thought it was you who pushed your pregnant mother when you were telling that story. RIP, you freaking weirdo ;_;
Jun 12, 2023 8:21 AM

May 2020
I would've been so sad if by some chance Tanigaki or Inkarmat couldn't have made it in the end. As the way Tsukishima was acting throughout the episode if it wasn't for that timely arrival of Koito, I bet he would've shot atleast one of them. But hey all's well if it ends well.. the pair became parents.

This was the best one this season. Can't believe we've been through to almost 50 episodes in this series and still it keeps giving again and again. God bless Golden Kamuy.

By the way RIP Ienaga. We'll remember your sacrifice.
Jun 12, 2023 10:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I liked this episode, first half intense and the second the born of the girl with a big .... kekeke
Jun 12, 2023 10:52 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
If them continues to the south, possibly!!!! kekeke

Jun 12, 2023 10:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
what? It was interesting and closed the characteres story!!! kekeke

Jun 19, 2023 8:41 PM
Oct 2019
that was so good

a little missing hand comedy. some redemption. character growth. i thought he was totally going to die. and then i thought they both might die (well, the 3 of them including the baby). then i thought he might live but his baby and woman would die during childbirth. the ainu childbirth traditions/rituals were interesting as always. dude didn't want to find out where his long lost love was located...

the two main characters - both of whom are pretty good characters in their own right - weren't in this at all and yet i still thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it had great "stakes" at play
Jun 21, 2023 5:11 AM

Jul 2016
Farabeuf said:
StateofOhayo said:
Agree wholeheartedly. That's the thing about Golden Kamuy, even the weirdest, most over the top characters have some very lovely touches of humanity every now and again.

Even the most pyscho of people can have their moments.
Jun 22, 2023 6:42 AM
Feb 2018
Such good side character development all around. Osamu stepping on that guys head lol.
Jun 23, 2023 10:11 AM

Jan 2021
Cant stand Inkarmat and Tanigaki. I didnt enjoy this episode as much as the others >:< I want more Kiro backstory and Sofia and Asirpa meeting!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2023

47 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 10, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2023

51 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 9, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

81 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 9, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

59 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

93 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.