Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2023 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
Well...an episode about sugar apples. Who would've of thought?

Ann and Shall's relationship is still pretty much the same even after 9 episodes. But hey, Ann is growing more and more confident with her own skills everyday. 
Mar 3, 2023 5:02 AM

Dec 2022
a nine month time skip also anne didnt make any sugar candy this episode
Mar 3, 2023 6:17 AM

Apr 2014
oh gosh! It's that sh!t JOnas again. Why do we need to see his face again and again?? Someone, get rid of him, please....
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 3, 2023 6:24 AM

Nov 2010
Headwinds for the protagonist never cease. Her bad luck reminds me of "The little princess". But adversities for her are much milder than those of the latter.
kuroneko99Mar 3, 2023 6:29 AM
Mar 3, 2023 6:40 AM

Mar 2022
This story man... Because Ann is too good, now she has to struggle with getting the ingredients for starters and live at the headquarters of those trying to bully her down. With how the story goes, if Ann isn't the protagonist, I'd not be surprised at all if her work is stolen again, or maybe she gets poisoned. 
Mar 3, 2023 7:17 AM

Jul 2011
I want to like Kieth, but is Radcliffe Workshop. The overall organization is composed of sh*t people from what looks like, makes me think that he will play dirty,too.

Anne, the most chill person of this anime, and suffering from success.
Mar 3, 2023 7:19 AM

Jun 2017
Reminds me a bit of a chef competition. Also Anne was really beautiful this episode.
Signature.
Mar 3, 2023 9:10 AM

Feb 2019
Bro how the fuck is Jonas not DEAD yet. I’m so tired of seeing this loser’s face. Instantly ruins an ep for me, smh.

I’m hoping Keith is sincere and not gonna backstab Anne, but after Jonas it’s hard to trust anyone in this series. It would be cool for her to have a legitimate healthy rival to help her grow

Love how much more direct Challe is with Anne now. “You don’t want to be apart from me, do you?” So cute ugh. Anne stressing over which hairstyle Challe would like more was also really sweet.
Mar 3, 2023 9:40 AM

Jul 2017
Even after 9 months of timeskip, how is Jonas still alive?

That said, Anne and Challe's relationship feels like there's a stopgap on the romance (because if it is, it is cringe), and finally having reached Lewiston and encountering Alph "Kat" Hingley and his fairy familiar Benjamin on the way to share about the sugar apples that have been in decline, and that the Silver Sugar Viscount Hugh Mercury has taken into account of harvesting the sugar apples, then distributing it via the Radcliffe workshops to be refined. This only means that individuals like Kat and Anne are not allowed to harvest sugar apples for their own use, and this is especially important for Anne to participate in the Sugar Confectionary Exhibition.

Anne's name heard wide and far, and Kieth Powell welcomes her in the sight of Jonas and Sammy Jones, and allows her on the condition that she allows Challe to be used as Kieth's model. Kieth having met Anne's deceased mother Emma and various Silver Sugar Masters in his time, including the likes of his own dad Edward being the former Viscount. But being the son of a viscount meant that Kieth has lots of expectations riding on his back, that is until the passing of his dad and being eligible to participate in normal events. For Kieth to see Anne as his equal of being a worthy rival, the objective of being a silver sugar master will be much harder as jealousy begets the innocent girl.

There's a lot riding on Anne's shoulders, and so too is Kieth's anxiety.
Mar 3, 2023 11:30 AM

May 2015
Good to see there are at least some decent humans in this anime. Jonas is a disgrace. Let's see if he'll ever get to redeem himself in later episodes.
Mar 3, 2023 11:46 AM

Jun 2015
I could model for Kieth, although he might be biting off more than he can chew.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 3, 2023 11:55 AM

Jun 2015
Squuee, dont tell Anne
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 3, 2023 12:01 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Anne, she is lucky and talented but she is just as cursed and the world is against her, sucks Jonas is there but at lest it was nice to see he is that school's lil bitch, I hope Kieth is a genuine decent person because so far every single guy is a jerk on some sort of way.
Mar 3, 2023 3:07 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Ain't no way we running into this Jonas kid again.

A 9 month time jump to around about before the sugar candy festival.

They find out from Mr Cat about the shortage of sugar apples, and how to enter the royal festival. She then heads of to the Radcliffe workshop as thats her only means of making her sugar candy for the fair.

We also meet Keith who is the son of the previous viscount and he also meet Anne's mother when he was younger. He also recognises how good Anne is and she's her as a worthy opponent. 

Ngl I want to believe Keith is a nice guy all throughout but Jonas has made me sceptical of everyone who acts really nice to Anne. Who knows as well, Anne's work might get stolen or broken again. I just have a feeling that something is going to go wrong.

Lets just all hope that there is fair play throughout. Also, Fuck Jonas.

Mar 3, 2023 5:20 PM
Jul 2017
Aleph199X said:
Reminds me a bit of a chef competition. Also Anne was really beautiful this episode.

For real, Anne is a gorgeous heroine and her design is beautiful, it's shame I don't hear too many folks mention her
Mar 3, 2023 6:23 PM

Dec 2022
Keith is awesome! what a cool dude!
Mar 3, 2023 6:33 PM

Sep 2007
For a sec I thought Keith was a distant relative of Jonas...their hairstyle/look seemed really similar except for the color. Phew...so far they don't seem to be "related"....so far so good.

If you told me at episode 1 that this was going to have "political" undertones I'd be all "wut? really?" but now all I can do is just scrunch my face and hope I don't need to memorize this stuff....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 3, 2023 7:03 PM

Mar 2020
I don't get the fixation on Jonas being in every setting Anne enters, he's a joke, let's hope Kieth isn't the same, but he looks a little suspicious, not gonna lie. Also, sad to say, but I'm finding the romance quite forced and cringe, but it is what it is I suppose.
Mar 3, 2023 8:22 PM

Feb 2021
Jonas is like the Malty of this series. 

A cheap character that the show keeps throwing at us so the audience can hate him

He could literally disappear from the story and would barely change anything. 
Mar 3, 2023 8:24 PM
Apr 2022
what a coincidence we meet jonas again cool definitely wanted to see more of him yay
Mar 3, 2023 10:26 PM

Oct 2011
Please please PLEASE let Keith be actually, genuinely nice and not a backstabbing sob like 95% of the show's characters. I'm tired of hating everyone *cough* looking at you Jonas *cough*
Mar 4, 2023 2:00 AM
Aug 2013
Definitely my favorite anime this season. Hope we will continue to get more shoujo adaptions in the upcoming years! ❤️
Mar 4, 2023 5:22 AM

Sep 2020
I really don't want Jonas to be back in the series, just hope he doesn't interfere with what she'll be doing this time.
Mar 4, 2023 10:02 AM

Nov 2013

Mithril asking baka questions to Challe that shall not be answered, with Anne making a disappointed face while trying to change the topic, the new town is already visible

thinking back to that year, many things happened, including meeting Challe... and all she needs is to stay with him to be happy

Cat guy is back, and they almost crashed... Challe as usual enjoys teasing people
seems like this year has some special event, otherwise people won't be able to sell stuff later?

visiting the inn from 1 year ago... it's time to prepare for another competition
oh so that's the problem, the sugar apple trees are in bad condition, so only a select few people will be allowed to use them ... and ofc, that means some won't even be able to participate in this year's tournament

they made their minds to go to the workshop, and there they found... jonas, how unexpected lol i hate this episode already :D
the other piee of shit is just like jonas lol good thing there's also a good guy in there... Challe was getting ready to kill someone lol
they allowed Cchalle to go in as long as he can serve as a model for the other guy's art
yay they got a nice room , indeed would be bad to let Anne sleep in a common room with a bunch of guys

getting up for the new day in the workshop, she was looking at the mirror, wondering if Challe likes tied or free hair, but got embarrassed and left, bringing sleeping Mithril in her hands haha

Keith met her mother when he was young and was surprised to see a female crafter
his father was the previous viscount, the one who came before Hugh
he respected his father, but while he was alive, he wouldn't join the competition, otherwise people would say stuff about him being the son, losing or winning would make people talk shit about him... so now that the father died, he is free to try

Keith wants a good rival for the competition, since no one else apart from Anne can rival him
that said, this could be Anne's last year in the competition, since everyone hates her so much that she might have big troubles getting apple sugar in the next years
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 5, 2023 12:56 AM
Jul 2022
Good start to a new arc, really loving Keith and the dynamic between him and Anne!

Jonas redemption stage???? Please make him a decent human he clearly shows regret and being uncomfortable, and he knows that he deserves it

Mar 5, 2023 6:02 PM
Jul 2018
Fitting reactions from them both :D

Challe's not afraid to sweep her off her feet even in front of others *swoon*

Anne got excited that Challe finally called her something "cute" like "squirrel" instead of scarecrow but he didn't mean it in a cute way, lol.

Anne makes sure to emphasize to Keith that Challe is not property, he really means a lot to her.

And suddenly this became a very different type of anime...

This episode was a bit of a snoozefest, not particularly entertaining but I'm sure it's building up for something next week.
Mar 5, 2023 9:36 PM

Apr 2011
MadanielFL said:
Jonas is like the Malty of this series. 

A cheap character that the show keeps throwing at us so the audience can hate him

He could literally disappear from the story and would barely change anything. 

Jonas in the novels becomes sort of the reoccurring butt of jokes and misfortune. It's actually kind of refreshing since the author refused to outright kill the little cretin.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Mar 6, 2023 9:39 AM

Oct 2008
is this a curse? that Jonas would appear again no matter what? haha
3/5.

Mar 10, 2023 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
Jonas again??? FFS this show... How small is this world?
Mar 11, 2023 7:51 PM

Aug 2019
Bro this episode went by so fast! >w<

So a whole year has passed! Since Anne created that sugar confectionary for the Duke of Philax, she's been travelling to different towns and villages selling her pieces of art. But now, a year later, it looks like there's a really bad shortage of sugar apples. So now a big group of people, more specifcally the radcliffe workshop, decided to take all the apples they could and are going to refine them and then spread them out among the sugar artisans that participate in the process, but ofc they decided to not tell Anne. Why? Because Jonas is still alive ofc and he couldn't take the L that Anne gave him. TWICE LOL

Jonas needs to go away forever

But anyways, now Anne is going to work with them to refine the sugar apples and to enter this years sugar confectionary exhibition. Can't wait for her to humiliate Jonas lol he get's zero sympathy from me
Mar 11, 2023 7:53 PM

Aug 2019
Ten said:
Good to see there are at least some decent humans in this anime. Jonas is a disgrace. Let's see if he'll ever get to redeem himself in later episodes.
Doubt lol he's going to do something really stupid again. Probably poison or just straight up going to steal again
Mar 12, 2023 9:50 PM

Nov 2018
So, we get timeskip almost 1 year after last episode, Hope not important events that skip because of that.

Okay Radcliffe Workshop in general was running by a bunch of scumbags. I mean their know this year the country running low on sweet apple stock, So their maximize their chance to win by hiding the information for another faction. on top of that their try to manipulate Ann to excluding her chance to join the competition. No wonder Jonas behaviour was like a snake he was, The Radcliffe was like that since he was born. 

At least, Radcliffe have some minority that wants to compete in the competition by fair and square like Keith Powell. When I see him my first impression was he just another snake like Jonas, But to my surprise is not. Keith want to compete to Someone that have same skill as him and by wheel of destiny he meet Ann that have higher if not better than him hopefully their competition was fierce when started.
Plus hopefully Keith can be in the charge of Radcliffe Workshop after this competition finished, So he can repair and change the Radcliffe System that diguisting on the core.

That was pretty good episode to start the competition , Hopefully the next episode can works Ann character with Keith even more or Introduce one character that not introduce to this episode. 4 / 5
Yunohi-kunMar 13, 2023 7:22 AM
Mar 14, 2023 8:32 PM

May 2017
I really didn't like the treatment of Anne in this episode, I feel like we haven't seen too much of the gender inequality in the sugar sculpting industry so far, so this episode came off as very jarring to me. Watching her struggling with stirring the melted sugar was just painful.

I also didn't like the ending where Challe and Anne have the misunderstanding that they might like different characters... kind of boring.
I'm not really interested in the rest of this story, probably dropping this.
Mar 26, 2023 9:00 AM
Feb 2021
I am a Jonas👏 Hater👏 Forever 👏
Mar 27, 2023 4:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The time skip is pretty interesting, but of course they're all against Ann... and Jonas is still there no matter what she does she end up confronted to Jonas xD She needs to win now otherwise it will be impossible later... I like that Keith guy at least
Apr 25, 2023 11:22 PM

Mar 2013
Jonas is here again, I guess he won't be leaving the story anytime soon.
One of his colleagues actually pushed him aside like he was nothing and Anne's reaction was precious. It was quite cute.
CrazyButNot4UApr 26, 2023 9:35 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 24, 2023 1:26 AM

May 2015
Hope Anne will become a great candy maker.
Sep 4, 2023 2:36 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
A MOTHERFUCKING TIMESKIP.

That sorry excuse Jonas is back again, he's like a roach.

Keith seems suspicious even if it feels like he's neutral nature. Most the men in this series seem out to sabotage Anne so I can't help it.
Sep 22, 2023 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like most guys at Radcliffe are a bunch of #ssholes like Jonas, luckily we got Keith here who seems like the only great guy out of the bunch (at least I hope he doesn't turn out to be Jonas 2.0)

Oct 7, 2023 8:38 PM

Jun 2014
Keith seems to be a nice person. Let's hope that he's not a traitor.

Ann may find her situation tough, but she won't let anything stop her.

Nov 15, 2023 4:41 AM

Mar 2011
I didn't expect a time skip but well... So this episode made clear that this profession is rather dominated by men (makes sense now since the ones we encountered so far were male too). It's really beyond me how they can be so vile to not tell Anne the necessary information so she can be part of the competition (out of jealousy and fear she might win?). This is honestly messed up. Also seeing Jonas again... ugh (but this Sammy-fellow isn't any better).

If I'd have been Challe I'd have felt uncomfortable with people talking about me as if I wasn't there but this seems to be the standard with fairies. It's good they found a way he could stay too.

Keith seems to be nice but since Jonas is part of this anime I'm still on the fence a little bit. But personally I doubt there's another character as horrible as him. But I like how he sees her as worthy competition without being unfair about it (hopefully finally a good "rival"). I kind of have a theory regarding him but let's see...

The moments between Challe and Anne are so precious and cute <3. But I feel like for Challe at least he doesn't recognize he has romantic feelings for Anne yet. Also I don't think he's doing it on purpose or to hurt her but I don't like it when he compares her to Liz. Even if she meant a lot to him (or especially then). But maybe I'm just overly sensitive when it comes to comparsions since I hate to be compared to others...
Wildflower3Nov 15, 2023 4:50 AM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

128 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

166 by WanderingGoddess »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zaxphred - Jan 27, 2023

87 by CarbonMD »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.