Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2023 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ah I just love how Ann is always eager to learn and improve herself. This episode is yet just another such example.

Unfortunately, an episode isn't filled with drama either as we deal with the royal family. Shall is caught up in this as he dealt with it. The complex royal family honestly brings more interest into this anime's lore. 
Feb 24, 2023 6:05 AM

Nov 2010
Hey lord, just say "thank you".
kuroneko99Feb 24, 2023 6:34 PM
Feb 24, 2023 6:26 AM

Dec 2022
the candy looks stunningly beautiful also challe is back
Feb 24, 2023 6:40 AM

Jun 2017
Definitely my favorite episode so far.
Signature.
Feb 24, 2023 6:46 AM

Jul 2011
Was tense all the siege thing, but in the end worked out.

Anne got the money, the word got out about her wonderful sculpture, and if in the near future a fairy appear from that,even better for Anne reputation.
Feb 24, 2023 7:46 AM

Jul 2017
Anne requesting the deceased portrait fairy Lealis "Christina" Cil Eril's name from the Duke of Philax to help give it form, and despite him feeling threatened to talk about her to said sugar artisan, he gives it anyways knowing her importance in his life as a water lover fairy, and one that resolved even the sourest relations. Challe finally having learned of Anne's stubbornness of letting him forced to live and Jonas leaviing the castle to tend to her own business, Anne may not be wise at times, but she gets the job done. The problem: the Earl of Downing claiming the duke's castle, and Anne is determined to have her sugar confection get as close to what he desired as possible, even when danger comes knocking on their door.

With Challe by her side to deal with the soldiers and the duke explaining the fine details, Anne tries to replicate Christina as close as possible, which to much attempts and deliberation, she finally succeeded to his contentment, along with the promised reward. With overflowing feelings, Challe expresses his raw mentions to Anne, and that is sweet.

Everything worked out for the better with a resolution.
Feb 24, 2023 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
Oh my god what an episode fellas. We ate good today. I feel so bad for the Duke who just wanted to see his Christine again. Just having her up and disappear had to be heartbreaking

“That’s the second time you’ve called me by my name” “you remember?” “Yes because it makes me happy” oh my god diabetes overload. Challe definitely starting to realise how much he cares for Anne, probably doesn’t understand “love” yet but the way he caressed her face and just comforts her is so pure.
Feb 24, 2023 9:11 AM
Jun 2021
This show is such a gem. I love watching this every week.
Feb 24, 2023 12:57 PM

Nov 2016
Anne managed to heal the Duke's heart with her craftsmanship. That was bittersweet.

Anne x Challe intensifies

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 24, 2023 3:14 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
I actually felt sorry for William, seeing the one you love most disappear into nothing has got to be heart-breaking. I can see why he wanted a sugar candy of her and one that is an exact replica of her. Btw Anne's finished sugar candy was so beautiful, she could not of made it any better.

That moment at the end as well with Anne and Shall embracing was so sweet. I also really liked how Shall ran to Anne as soon as he heard what happened between her and Jonas from Mythril. I feel like Anne's emotions are gonna burst out very soon because I don't know how much longer she can keep them under wraps.

Beautiful episode all around, one of my favourites! seeya next week!!

Feb 24, 2023 4:07 PM

Dec 2013
As nice of a happy ending for that job as you can get, I was getting ready for them to kill the Duke right in front of the statue.
Feb 24, 2023 4:38 PM
May 2021
Not me grinning like an idiot during the entire second half of the episode.
Feb 24, 2023 4:46 PM
May 2017
Excellent episode, pleasant for both the eyes and the feelings.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 24, 2023 6:17 PM

Sep 2018
Oops, watch your step there Anne

Let's hope the next arc isn't as garbage as this one, my goodness. Only a few more episodes to go for this anime, thankfully. 
Feb 24, 2023 6:20 PM

Dec 2022
fantastic episode! perfect music in every scene and each segment really seemed the perfect length to convey just the right emotion for the right duration, just a really well done wrap-up for that little story arc!
Feb 24, 2023 11:49 PM
Jul 2022
This was a damn good episode, good character development from both Anne and Shalle. Im thinking that Shalle "likes" Anne more than we think. Shalle is best Tsundere can't change my mind.
Feb 25, 2023 4:45 AM

Jan 2021
Ann's sugar candy was indeed very beautiful, I was relieved to see that Duke Alburn could see Christina again even if only through a sculpture. It's a very bittersweet love story.

Hearing Shall and Hugh's conversation, it seems that Shall still has a deep hatred for humans... except Ann and Liz. It's understandable I guess, he was forced to work by and for humans. Seeing Shall and Ann hugging was so sweet and I couldn't stop smiling, even though I thought they forgot about Mythrill lol.

Next episode! The character I've been waiting for to appear uuuu~!

Feb 25, 2023 5:00 AM

Nov 2013
That is just sad. I know Ann had good intentions when he told William that there's hope Christina will one day be reborn, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. It truly isn't entirely impossible for Christina to be reborn, but in terms of odds, it's more likely that an entirely new fairy will be born instead of Christina William knew (as Fen said). I wonder what the odds are for it? 0.01%? That's Why Ann's words sounded bit harmful to me. It's like telling him to keep dreaming and live a sad life hoping for something that is very likely not going to happen, instead of moving on.
Feb 25, 2023 6:53 AM

Jun 2016
outstanding move !!! and that candy is super beautiful !!
i love this show so much !!
Feb 25, 2023 8:18 AM

Sep 2020
Really amazing episode, probably the best episode so far! Good to see it's finally made and it's really beautiful.
Feb 25, 2023 12:44 PM
Aug 2022
Absolutely love this episode by far my favourite episode!
Feb 26, 2023 2:05 PM
Oct 2014
I'm loving this anime so far...
Feb 27, 2023 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
Anne truly is dumb but she's not the real reason to watch the show, anyway... 🌹

Feb 27, 2023 4:48 PM

Nov 2013
Anne wants to be alone with the duke, to be able to discover his feelings for the fairy in the portrait, expecting that it will help her make what he really wants
the guy is annoying as hell, threatning to kill her if she doesnt manage to impress him lol
her name is Christina, or Lealis Cil Eril (i swear it reminds me of that other fairy name), she was born from the waves, and she wanted an human name
for some reason, she vanished 1 year before, i wonder what happened, maybe her lifespan ended, she was taking sugar candies to prolongue her life... without her, the duke has no will to live

Challe keps making jokes about fairy and human not being good together lol tbh he had Anne (who just sent him away but he should have known it wasn't her intention...) and Elizabeth(was that her name? i forgot lol), so he should understand that fairies and humans can indeed go well together

they are getting ready to attack the duke's csatle, but Anne is still there...
Mithril appeared and told baka Challe to go back... i like how Challe put Mthril back into the container and said he would come back later lmfao

Anne wants to ffinish the craft fast, before the soldiers come inside... but first, Challe is back, yay
the duke wants to see if Christina will come back alive if he stares at her candy, it's kinda impossible but let's keep hoping
Challe will try to buy some time by stopping the guards, it's not a good idea, it could get Anne arrested... but well, it's what she wants right now
yay, Anne finally finished the craft, it's perfect, she even managed to change the eyes color
eh completed the job, so she got he gold, as well as him saying she is the best crafter ever lol

coming downstairs, Anne fell, but Challe caught her, and didn't let her go anymore and even called her by name, which she loves

oh, the duke managed to get back at his castle, getting that sugar craft reall made him change his attitude, and that saved him from getting arrested

Anne giving a prayer to a lost one, i wonder if it was for her mother, it could also be for this fairy Christina or for the girl that Challe liked, there's many possibilities
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 27, 2023 7:16 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was absolutely gorgeous. I feel like the candy sculptures that have been crafted haven't exactly moved me, but when the duke looked at the sculpture of Christina it definitely got me. I could feel how pretty and special it was. Favorite episode by far!
Mar 3, 2023 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
I would of been tempted to renew a squuepig rising moment given how epic the story, but alas a sugar confection is just a sugar confection regardless of how real it looks
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 4, 2023 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
I'm really curious about something. If fairies cannot taste food like Challe said then why is Mithril such a glutton and eats excessively? 
臭い-
Mar 7, 2023 7:00 AM

Aug 2019
Bro that actually hit kinda hard ;_;

This episode went by so fast too! Challe returned to Alburns castle as a large group of troops started to gather around, and Anne continued working on the dukes sugar confection even as the troops were starting to make their way into the castle. By the end, she finishes the sugar confection, this time making it perfect. The duke is impressed by this new sugar confection, saying it looks exactly like Christina, when she was alive.

And the episode ends with the duke now under supervision, Anne receives the money for the sugar confection, and Anne sends prayers to her mother, now that she's really shown off her skills as a sugar artisan

Loved this episode! I have to wonder where she'll go from here though. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Jonas again though, which won't be fun
Mar 19, 2023 12:20 PM
Jul 2020
GOd imma cry, the eyes of the old dude sparkling, bruhh, imma cry
Mar 26, 2023 11:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I can totally understand his distress after having the only one that was with him die like that, fairies' fate can be tough I see :/ good thing Ann managed to make the sugar statue he wanted, I'm happy this mini arc ends well :)
Mar 31, 2023 6:03 PM

Sep 2020
Best episode yet imo
Apr 1, 2023 11:12 AM
Feb 2015
love how she priritize her job
Apr 25, 2023 10:37 AM

Mar 2013
Great conclusion and a lot of lovely scenes from Challe and Anne that makes this more intriguing to watch. This is what I'd call another hidden gem hidden among the ridiculous low scores here in MAL.
CrazyButNot4UApr 25, 2023 10:47 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 5, 2023 3:42 PM
Jan 2018
such a mature way for a shoujo series to talk about grief and romance, this anime keeps astounding me
Jul 24, 2023 11:59 PM

Mar 2012
Very happy that the Duke got the sugar candy he wants and the political turmoil was settled, Anne got the prize money, and Challe found out what really happened so the team is together again. Cried upon understanding the story of the Duke and Christina - so fairies can have a lifespan shorter than humans. The fairies we currently know about (Challe and Benjamin) have long lives so I thought that was the norm. We got to hear Challe call Anne "idiot" (affectionate) several times, but Anne was not deterred. Being able to craft the sugar candy comforted the duke's heart. 

That sequence of the sugar candy having green eyes - the duke commenting that Christina's eyes are silver then it cuts to the duke's green eyes mean that Christina always looks at William so her silver eyes reflect his green??? I interpreted it that way and cried a bit more

Challe/Anne's hug at the end is very cute >< He is very touchy and it makes Anne (and me lol) very flustered. Am I feeling giddy as I watch them grow closer all the while the episode is literally about the sadness of a human losing his fairy companion? Yes, yes I am.

愛する人の死を受け入れるために
残された人がいつまでも悲しみに囚われないように
(May one be able to accept the loss of a loved one. So that those left behind won't be forever trapped in grief.)

Had to type Anne's last thoughts - very nice and very real
Sep 3, 2023 9:39 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Despite how chaotic this mini arc is, the Duke story and his love for Christine was actually very heartbreaking. And honestly I wasn't sure how Anne was going to improve upon her already stunning pieces but the final one, it was stunning.

I think Challe and Anne relationship developing is pretty cute, I'm not sure if it has enough flavor for me long term but we'll see.
Oct 7, 2023 8:11 PM

Jun 2014
This episode made me rather emotional. To have someone like Christina in your life, only to eventually lose her would hurt more than anything in the world.

I'm glad that Ann was able to make the Duke happy. Now, he can move on. Also, it was nice to see Ann and Shall reunite.

Nov 15, 2023 4:02 AM

Mar 2011
This episode was really beautiful and the emotions were strong. I think this is my favorite episode so far. Not just because of some cute moments between Anne and Challe but even the kind of closure the duke got after loosing his love.

There's really some truth to this about grief. If you've experienced with someone you love (whether family or not) it's really painful and not easy to accept, even after years.

I kind of like the fact that Anne wanted to stick to her word despite the dangerous circumstances. It really proves that she doesn't simply love what she is doing but she also wants to move and help people and as someone who works in a creative field, I totally respect her for it and even agree. Even if for some it might seem stupid. But in the end the outcome was better than if she would have left with Challe (also regading the duke's punishment). So I'm also grateful he accepted it and even helped her.

This anime seems to be deep in a very unusual way but so far it really has all the attributes a good anime needs. Even if I feel like the way characters bond with each other could have been developed better, I don't mind because everything else makes up for it. Also even in the last episode I noticed there's quite an age gap between Anne and Chelle but generally I feel like with fantasy it's a lot easier to accept since the time frame of humans and fairies differ enough to not make it weird or creepy (at least in my opinion).
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 15, 2023 4:10 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
That is just sad. I know Ann had good intentions when he told William that there's hope Christina will one day be reborn, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. It truly isn't entirely impossible for Christina to be reborn, but in terms of odds, it's more likely that an entirely new fairy will be born instead of Christina William knew (as Fen said). I wonder what the odds are for it? 0.01%? That's Why Ann's words sounded bit harmful to me. It's like telling him to keep dreaming and live a sad life hoping for something that is very likely not going to happen, instead of moving on.
@Sigmar-Unberogen At first I had the same thought but I actually don't think it's harmful (also she didn't say it would happen, just that there is a small chance since no one knew for sure). With or without this thought/hope it will be hard but even if he knows it's very unlikely, the fact there is a slight possibility might be the one thing that enables him to move on.

Not implying your words are invalid since I believe every person is different, so depending on the perspective it's either more harmful or helpful.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

128 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

166 by WanderingGoddess »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zaxphred - Jan 27, 2023

87 by CarbonMD »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.