Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Apparently,Disillusioned Adventurers Will Save the World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 7, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I feel like some of the background storytelling more interesting sometimes. Still, we got to see Nick fight in a ring to showoff his combat skills. 

Claudine is lowkey starting to become more entertaining despite her personality. Curan is still an airhead, something I'm not sure this anime will change at this point. I was surprised she gets involved with math this episode lol
Stark700Feb 7, 2023 8:13 AM
Feb 7, 2023 8:16 AM

May 2020
Oh you want me to feel sorry for that blonde bitch who swindled countless men just because she didn't have any other way out?? No thanks.

The visual curse is just too strong on this series, to the point that it'll definitely make one blind by the end of its run.
Feb 7, 2023 9:05 AM

Jun 2015
Most definitely one of my best dungeon party crawlers this season. Great group and characters! @Stark700 I dont think Curran had a choice tbh, seemed some magic box thing picked people from the visuals. But it turned out a nice eps with her learning some basic maths. Hopefully she wont get conned so much in the future :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 7, 2023 9:06 AM

Oct 2017
That was sort of dumb but hey atleast Curran got smarter.
Feb 7, 2023 9:07 AM

Feb 2019
This should be shown in math classes around the world. What an interesting and unique showdown lol. Just love how fresh this cast and series feels. Animation is wonky but seems like it always is in the shows with the best character moments

Fuck Claudine all my homies hate Claudine. They wanted us to feel bad for her at the end but it ain’t moving me. You made your bed now lay in it. You knew full well you were taking advantage of the guys and clearly enjoyed it too. Proud of my boy Nick for how he handled it all

Curran deserves so many headpats, what an amazing job for her, overcoming her math deficiencies and helping the team win.
Feb 7, 2023 9:36 AM

Jul 2022
So many folks are hatin' on this but I've never witnessed a mathematics bare-knuckle brawl and I doubt many others in this whole wide world have seen one, either. Talk about pressure. Whew. lol
Feb 7, 2023 10:03 AM

Dec 2022
survivors won the arithmetic duel it got a little hard to understand just what the opposing team was doing also curren became more confident
Feb 7, 2023 10:59 AM

Mar 2013
This episode was poorly animated. The idea to develop the characters and their teamplay isn't a bad one, but the execution thereof is terrible.
mlgxFeb 7, 2023 4:20 PM
Feb 7, 2023 11:01 AM
Dec 2021
those were so ****ing difficult. Even i couldn't solve one
Feb 7, 2023 1:18 PM
Jul 2021
So what were the stakes anyway? What would have happened if they lost? Because so far I don't see the point of this duel. The concept is cool, a bit like chess boxing, but there are no stakes involved. There is a nice theme in the villains being so used to cheating that they do it even when they don't need to at least. 
Feb 7, 2023 1:35 PM

Nov 2009
I was hoping to see a fighting match, but we got a Math battle instead, crazy old lady has some crazy old ideas.

And poor Curran got picked, also, looks like after the "Fusion" Nick is able to understand Curran's B-B-B-B-B, LOL

And Curren's apparently super bad at math... got 18 out of 100, OOF

___ ___ ___

Then later the Priest goes to a "Club House" for investigation... and apparently the "little girl" is still there... Priest? HUHH?

And learned that Claudine and gang is cheating with "eyes in their back"

___ ___ ___

Afterwards we head back to Nick's room... which he apparently had his laundry hanged up. And Curran is STARING at it, LOL

Also, got the Idol plushy and Head Pillow, they're so cute, I want one too.

___ ___ ___

Meanwhile we got a sort of backstory for Claudine that she was raised by Merchants and was about to be sold off, but escaped and survived by being a scaming skank...

Then we head to the battle and it turns out it's a double battle, where there's still a fight on the side, but the math battle determines who gets the "punishment" where the loser has to take a hit.

And since Curran's bad, Nick has to take hits, but still decide to cheer up and encourage Curran, nice guy.

BTW, these math problems are elementary level, LOL, this remind me of that one other anime (who's name I can't remember) where the Isekai MC had to take a math test to become a merchant and finds out the isekai world's math was at elementary level.

Tho, apparently Claudine has been doing the math all by herself til the end. (so they didn't actually cheat at all til the very end, huh...)

The stalling was to let Claudine figure out all the problems by herself, there was no need to cheat at all... in fact, Claudine only got 98 cause the -2 is from problems she didn't get to as Curran finishes first.

This means Claudine would actually have gotten 100% scores if there was no Timer.

Claudine panicked cause Curran even tho she can't get all problems correct, is rushing through the problems and thus meaning it would end with Claudine with bunch of blank answers and get decreased score.

And all this happened cause Claudine and the Tiger dude didn't object to the "all question at once"... if they had objected, Claudine would have won in the end.

___ ___ ___

Even more interesting is... since Claudine didn't cheat at all for the beginning matches and the last match wasn't even concluded and Nick didn't take any "punishments". It means there's no real reason to arrest Claudine at all. They should have just gotten a warning/ disqualified about it.

In fact... why did they even get arrested? didn't this start out as a street fight? (especially since Nick's the one that did the first punch, so technically the Tiger dude's doing self-defense) (plus no one's gotten hurt beside the one that's set up by the old lady herself... couldn't just let this be a math battle like they first suggested huh?)

So that means anyone that did a street fight should be arrested? HUH?

AKA, me doing self-defense, get arrested while the assailant gets let free. (or me doing a video game tourny, cheated, gets arrested and thrown in jail... LUUUL)

That's not to say Claudine and her team isn't bad, they technically are for scamming, but the way they did it to arrest is just bullshit.
amlgFeb 7, 2023 2:06 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 7, 2023 2:13 PM
Jan 2019
amlg said:
and the last match wasn't even concluded

If you get caught cheating during an exam, I don't think they'd wait till the end of the exam session to disqualify you... The fact that you were doing it, merits punishment.
Feb 7, 2023 2:23 PM

Feb 2022
What a dumb concept and pretty lame game, can't say this episode is doing the show any favors for me. It felt like they wanted to add in some educational material to encourage young viewers out of nowhere and it just felt weird compared to what we've watched so far. I can't tell if they want us to care about anything in the way it's all presented.
Feb 7, 2023 2:51 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Yeah no, that background story for Claudine ain't making me sympathise for her.

This entire ep was really on that duel. Considering Curran didn't know how to do math before she did not do that bad, I love the encouraging words from Nick as well.

Of course Claudine and them would cheat, I was wondering where that glasses guy was until they revealed him. I guess they would of gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling adventurers. 

See you next week.

Feb 7, 2023 4:03 PM

Jul 2017
The Mathematics Bare Knuckle, where everyone goes on to get various intel, with the most ambitious Zem going to a prostitution to seek out those who've done the test before.

As if having Claudine's backstory will make us sympathize with her character, with the Survivors vs. the Iron Tigers, even if Curran gets sloppy, Nick can stand his head held high, because they have done all of the homework they need to do. Now all they need is to figure out how to process the actual match proceeding to throw them off their bench and stop them from withholding time, even with their Thought Gems used worth cheating.

Everybody starts out bad, but it's the choices made, and Claudine just didn't get her shit right, plain and simple.

Say you want about this show, but I thought that the Maths Psychological Battle was engaging all the way through.
Feb 7, 2023 4:12 PM

Nov 2009
Zeoraimer said:
amlg said:
and the last match wasn't even concluded

If you get caught cheating during an exam, I don't think they'd wait till the end of the exam session to disqualify you... The fact that you were doing it, merits punishment.

That's what I said

They should just get disqualified...

But no, they get straight up arrested in handcuffs...

Do you get handcuffed when caught cheating during an exam? (if you do, show me which University that do this)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 7, 2023 5:27 PM

Feb 2008
Personally, I think the game seemed pretty stupid because it relies too heavily on a singular team mates ability to do math and you don't even get to select that team mate. And if the goal is to get adventurers to learn math, then it would make more sense to have the whole party be present and rotate the members doing the math. Plus, I don't understand the reason or need for the other team to cheat when they were clearly winning and was pretty one sided, surely if things are going that well for you then you would decide the cheat is not needed and just never use it.

This episode was so crap that it dropped my score. It's rare that a singular episode does that, but I hated this.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Feb 7, 2023 5:31 PM

Jan 2021
Half of the challenge being about math, kind've remined me of Baka and Test. A bit of a boring episode but there was some interesting things here. The priest going to the ladies for drinks and information was interesting. Most adventures not really knowing their math so the guild proposes these games must have them is kinda intersting. The animation is still very bad, but that's expected. 
Feb 7, 2023 5:44 PM
Mar 2022
And I was actually fine with the show until this episode. Mathematics Bare Knuckle? Really though? Claudine backstory... yeah, no. I won't even waste time...
Feb 7, 2023 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
So Nick finally got revenge on his ex and her gang.
Now let's see how this will go next.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 7, 2023 6:17 PM
Jan 2019
amlg said:
They should just get disqualified...

But no, they get straight up arrested in handcuffs...

Do you get handcuffed when caught cheating during an exam? (if you do, show me which University that do this)

Depends on the rules of the adventure's guild, I suppose. I mean, if they use this method to settle more than just simple street fight, and there is money/contracts involved, you could get done for fraud or something - which would probably get you arrested...

I think we have to have a suspension of belief when watching stuff like this...
Feb 7, 2023 7:21 PM

Jul 2012
I watched episode 5 but it feels like I missed one between 5 and 6. 
Feb 7, 2023 7:41 PM

Sep 2008
hahahaha holy shit, how did they get away with this? webcomics look better than this.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 7, 2023 8:17 PM

Dec 2015
This anime completely fell off a cliff the last couple episodes. What a letdown.
Feb 7, 2023 8:26 PM

Feb 2016
wtf was this episode lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Feb 7, 2023 9:16 PM
Apr 2022
welp, there goes my brain cells, dropped
Feb 7, 2023 10:06 PM
Apr 2022
This Game should be on the OLYMPICS 😆.
I find it the most entertaining game ever!
Feb 7, 2023 11:13 PM

Jul 2019
That was the most bizarre fight setup I have seen in a very long time... a math brawl? lol The animation was god awful too. 

Thankfully I absolutely adore Curran, definitely in the running for top waifu of the season, top 3 easily. 

Feb 8, 2023 1:26 AM
Aug 2018
Bare-knuckle Math Brawl is an interesting concept. The animation was not as smooth this time and the pacing felt a bit off. Though this is also only the fourth time, I've seen, an anime has addressed arithmetic in an isekai setting so props for that.
Feb 8, 2023 1:46 AM

Feb 2012
That was incredibly stupid rofl wtf is this show doing.
Feb 8, 2023 1:03 PM
Dec 2022
Why do I think it's funny to see people solve math problems in a fantasy world?😂
Feb 8, 2023 9:01 PM

Aug 2021
This anime just makes me sad and also reminds me more that the manga was canceled without being finished, they cut several parts and the animation is pretty bad. I wanted to see Nick training, teaching Karan (Curran) and developing a climate between them, and what a fight, it's a pain to watch. I'm really really sad.
Feb 9, 2023 10:30 AM

May 2019
Kind of an odd episode with the mathematics bare knuckle fight but it kind of went as how I imagined it. I didn't care much for Claudine since she swindled many guys but at least Curran learned some math which could help her in her daily life (and hopefully reduce the chance of getting ripped off).
Feb 9, 2023 3:34 PM
Jan 2017
[color=rgba(11, 12, 15, 0.95)]I am not one who cares for animation so that does not bother me, what bothers me is that that duel was so fucking stupid, i feel like my brain melted and i didn't get shit at what was happening, im continuing this cause ive heard from the ln readers that this is a good series, but this one and the last one is kinda whack, hoping it picks up next episode.[/color]
Feb 10, 2023 2:10 AM
May 2015
Neneaux said:
I watched episode 5 but it feels like I missed one between 5 and 6. 
same here, the transition between the two episodes is very strange
Feb 10, 2023 8:59 PM

Apr 2019
the animation and the illustrations seems to have declined, mathematics bare knuckle, I wonder what the author was thinking lol, I just find that concept very absurd, i guess don't cheat on math exams XD
Feb 11, 2023 1:02 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't like the episode nor the Iron Tiger's mini arc. I wish meeting Claudine and the other 2 would have never happened. In general the story is going downhill ever since Kizuna joined, but I hope it gets more interesting. I mean, where is adventure and the whole world saving thing.

The match itself was kinda boring, no idea why the match had to happen in this math + brawling format, but ok. Also kinda hard to believe someone would end up cheating against someone who couldn't count a week ago. Yeah, imagine cheating in that situation.

Also the dialogues were either cringe or I couldnt understand what the hell are they talking about -_- Also they span the whole episode like some kind of psychological warfare like its Tomodachi game 2, all that information gathering that didn't do much, when all that was needed was for Tiana to find the other guy with her search magic.

Claudine sucks, but still kinda felt bad for her, like she said "Where did it go wrong, how did I end up on the wrong path" and she genuinely wanted to get out of this life. 
Feb 12, 2023 5:52 AM
Nov 2011
I have to admit this episode was a bit different, even though it was predictible you didn't know how it was going to turn out necesssarily.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 13, 2023 7:12 AM

Nov 2013
lol what? the fight turned into a studying test? what is this? ...
depending on the point difference, one of them gets to punch the other multiple times, wtf
Curran got the 1st pick, look at how worried she is, i'm definitely keeping a video of this scene lmao

i thought it wwould start right away, but i guess they have some time to study, i mean, studying was the whole point of the test
Curran sure had a low score, but that's not surprising, i don't think she went to school that much lol
meanwhile Zem kept going to the ladies place (there's some cute ones there, they looks quite young) in hopes of getting some information on the enemy party... and he discovered that they are cheaters, and use telepathy stones to communicate

next, a little dream teeling us the back story for Claudine, how her parents almost sold her, and she managed to survive by taking stuff from guys ... also there's a sexy picture after she woke up lols

finally time for the duel, the math questions look pretty easy, but it all depends on how fast Curran can do them
Nick and Leon are already fighting, so the only thing that the tests do is give them a no-dodge punch, lol so if one of them tried harder, they could finish it before the questions were answered

Curran ended the test first, but by doing it too fast, she had some wrong answers... and so, Nick took one punch, which hurt quite a bit
they are all looking to see when Leon's party decides to cheat
2nd time was the same ... and Curran can't take it anymore, so she had to apologise
Nick tho, is not worried, cause he was prepared to get it 10x more, so 2x is not that bad lol Curran is doing nicely, and after a bit of pep taking, she is now motivated to do her best

tired of waiting, they decided to make every single test in one round, and finally Claudine started cheating, but the others noticed the calculator guy and went to find him

Leon noticed it and tried to tell her to win on her own but Claudine was too annoyed, thinking about how Nick is doing so well instead of feeling bad after being dumped
well, they finally got caught, and i was hoping that Nick would get to do some punches before they left ... but instead, we have to listen to baka Claudine crying, meh, boring lol

after the fight, they went for some food, and was funny listening to their talk about the little math study being useful to Curran, well, with how much she eats, being able to know what's the best deal food-money is a good thing

wonder who was that person on top of the house running at the end, can't be good news
next episode... gambling?
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 13, 2023 7:19 AM

Nov 2013
FleX_eRRoR said:
those were so ****ing difficult. Even i couldn't solve one
tbh this one is not hard, if you think "600/3=200" so 594/3 is 198 ... 198+ 78 = 200 + 76 = 276 , and i'm pretty terrible at maths lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 13, 2023 8:12 AM

Jan 2009
nyugvo6 said:
hahahaha holy shit, how did they get away with this? webcomics look better than this.
I died. This one frame dropped this show for me from 7 to 5. This is terrible. I hoped they would fix something after a couple of episodes, but it only gets worse. I'm not even talking about the story is going somewhere off the rails.
Feb 13, 2023 11:34 AM

Aug 2019
Alright, so while this episode felt like a bit of an improvement, the animation is still pretty bad in some parts, and what was wrong with the scaling in this episode? Like some characters looked smaller than they really are bro

I honestly don't know if I should drop this or not. A part of me wants to, but another doesn't. Then again I think at this point I'm mostly here for Curran. Which sucks because I loved this anime at the start, but it's just been going downhill since episode 3 for me :/

Also are we supposed to feel sympathy for Claudine? Because I don't

Edit: another thing, I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in an anime before. This was the first one I watched for this season, and like I said I loved this one. I was looking forward to it but I swear it just keeps getting worse with each episode. Which is so upsetting because I honestly love the cute ED :(
AlkimiaFeb 13, 2023 11:39 AM
Feb 14, 2023 2:21 AM

Feb 2016
feels lame like previous 4 episodes. Time to drop the garbage has come. 4/10 for the entire show. it started well but ended up as a pile of garbage.
Mar 3, 2023 11:47 PM
Oct 2017
a *&$@#!#$ math contest. they had so little content for this anime that they started the @#%^&*$ episode with a math contest.... first three episodes were promising and now it just drags out with garbage nonsense. just don't waste time watching this.
Mar 4, 2023 9:31 PM
Oct 2019
there were interesting parts to the first 4 episodes, but overall it was pretty mediocre (5/10). but then episode 5 was a nothing burger and episode 6 is math quiz? i'm out. dropped. idc if it's supposed to be funny or if there's a twist ending or what. i've completely lost interest, barely even paying attention during the episodes
Mar 24, 2023 7:05 AM
Mar 2023
Mais um ótimo episódio, novamente uma trama mais simples, mas ainda divertida, interessante usarem matemática para resolver os problemas, se distanciando da visão mais brutal do tempo medieval.
Apr 2, 2023 4:09 AM

Sep 2012
i think Tiana's teacher will be 1viallain at 1point, he has having thoughts of wiping out humanity, he said maybe humans should be destroyed (but in other words, i just cant remember the word, hot it was write, spell check just says its wrong and my brain froze at that lol)
Apr 14, 2023 11:20 AM
Apr 2022
why the f- did they added a math test. of all things.
Apr 15, 2023 6:07 AM

Jan 2014
wtf is this shit? out of nowhere they do a contest battle combined with math? da hell?
I feel like everytime I watch an episode of this anime, it giving me a vibes of an interesting premise with really poor execution. resulting in a boring show.
Apr 30, 2023 2:53 PM

Jul 2015
Getting caught cheating in doing third grade-level math, must be embarrasing for Claudine. I got to admit, I've seen enough math memes through Facebook and stuff to know there are people out there who actually can't solve them.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2023

73 by Sr_Matheus2000 »»
Mar 24, 12:30 PM

» The Disappointing Animation Quality ( 1 2 )

RabbitBeardy - Jan 18, 2023

50 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Feb 21, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2023

77 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 10, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2023

85 by sh4dowmanski »»
Nov 21, 2023 11:37 AM

Poll: » Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2023

186 by MKSTEEL »»
Oct 2, 2023 11:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.