Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 2023 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, it's cute seeing two main characters beginning to share a common interest, in this case relate to manga this episode. I guess it's a way for them to connect in their unique way. Kubo is still super adorable though.

It was great seeing our characters out of the classroom environment too and talking casually like friends. Hope to also see more of Akina even though she did get a little bit of screen time.

Jan 17, 2023 5:43 AM

Apr 2010
He goes so unnoticed that people run into him if he is not careful, that's something.
But Kubo certainly loves him a lot the was she is going after him not to mention what she does to appeal to him it's pretty interesting.
Her sister seems to like teasing her tho. 
Jan 17, 2023 7:57 AM

Apr 2014
That was so cute.
Kubo really loves Junta. She can do everything for him. I really want Akina to meet Junta someday in the future. That will be very interesting how Akina will tease both her little sister and Junta.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 17, 2023 7:58 AM

Apr 2016
Hidden boss of this show, automatic doors. When you think about it, yeah, they too should ignore him, lmao. I wonder if he also counts as -1 for max six person elevator for example.
Jan 17, 2023 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
Shiaishi wanting to doze off in class, and so too does Kubo, greeting him with a smile on her face.

Even in sports, Shiraishi is the same background character not of notice to anyone but Kubo, and she even doesn't mind when he smells dirty. Furthermore, she's in a ponytail, so the attack range is higher. The grin on Kubo's face, that's a killer face of facial proportions of teasing that's sweet. Shiraishi heading out to get the latest volume of his beloved manga in a bookstore, and Kubo is just behind watching his every move, until she could not hold no longer to assist him. And wanting to read her favourite manga that the bookstore didn't have on stock, but Shiraishi did, and she adamantly wants to go to his place to read the manga. Coincidentally, they live nearby, and Kubo makes it a point to secretly meet Shiraishi so that they can go to school together.

Wanting to impress Shiraishi with her hairdo, Kubo's older sister Akina is the sharp and cunning kind to know that Kubo has a definite crush on the background character, who is walking with someone else other than himself for the first time. Even with Kubo's friends Hazuki and Tama, Shiraishi would rather be left alone, as is his background character's calling. The misfortune of Shiraishi getting drenched in mud and the bad luck of meeting Kubo, it's the case of 2 coincidental halves...that worse still, Shiraishi didn't have the key to his house, and to wait 2 hours for his mom to come back, using Kubo's house is the only logical way, with thankfully no one at home, but the usual clothes cliché that is the typical embarrassing.

Kubo temporarily lending her tracksuit to Shiraishi to wear till he gets home, and everything about it screams awareness. That said, sweet home diabetes.
Jan 17, 2023 8:24 AM

Sep 2021
Never giggled this much since Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san. Damn how I wish my old school days were sweet just like this 😭
Jan 17, 2023 8:28 AM

Mar 2021
Kubo is just so cute i love how she would go out of her way to help Shiraishi and how even her own sister knows she has a crush on a boy
Jan 17, 2023 8:42 AM

Mar 2013
Another Kubo cuteness overload... OwO
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 17, 2023 8:42 AM

Jan 2021
Kubo is such an awesome character and super caring, I guess she wants to learn more about Junta and maybe she even loves him. 

I'm glad other characters are getting some spotlight as well, which is nice to see. 
Jan 17, 2023 8:46 AM

Nov 2016
Shiraishi's face is less expressive than a dead fish. I guess he can't smell bad when he has such a weak presence xD What if he didn't take a shower for a year, would people notice him? Perhaps trying a nice scent like Kubo would bring more positive attention.

I guess it won't take long before Shiraishi will meet Kubo's sis. Episode 2 and he already showered at her place.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2023 8:55 AM

May 2019
Does Kubo know the concept of personal space? Kidding aside it was funny how she smelled him while he was sweaty, offered him a wipe, and refused to let one of her girlfriends have a wipe. Both Kubo's friend and sister know somethings up as she's apparently easy to read which is a far cry from from Shiraishi who is barely noticeable, even with automatic doors! (damn)

At least by Kubo being a little nosy it worked out for Shiraishi in so far as he was able to shower and get a change of clothes (& take a peek at Kubo's bra in the laundry basket). So far this has been a nice SoL romcom to watch.
Jan 17, 2023 9:16 AM

Oct 2017
Can't get enough of Kubo, she's so sweet. Character interactions were sweet too. Kubo looks cute with ponytail. Also really like Akina, she's hella fun.
Jan 17, 2023 9:18 AM
Dec 2020
Kubo looks so cute in ponytail and half-up style. Everything just fit her perfectly!

I hope Akina will meet Shiraishi soon. She definitely would tease them both.
Jan 17, 2023 9:21 AM
Nov 2022
This show and it's characters are absolutely ADORABLE. I love it when Kubo and Shiraishi go all chibi mode and have quick reavtions, the timings are on point. I'd be down to watch these two in their little bubble, but jopefully Shiraishi gets some attention from the other characters soon.
Jan 17, 2023 9:24 AM
Oct 2022
Kubo getting emberassed because of the bra is the sweetest thin i ever saw.

Jan 17, 2023 9:26 AM

May 2020
Dude you don't fucking HESITATE when a girl asks you if she could come visit your place and VICE-VERSA... duh.
Jan 17, 2023 9:28 AM

Jul 2022
Oh baby, Tuesday Winter mornings of '23 are packed with cuteness. I have to say I'm loving it, like a salve on my head. This one's fun - I like the characters and the music seemed extra sensitive in this episode.
Jan 17, 2023 9:41 AM
Jun 2020
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!. CUTE! SWEET! ROMANCE!!!!
Jan 17, 2023 9:48 AM
Aug 2015
Kinda cute. I think first episode was better. I don't know if I'll be interested in the entire series though, seems like they will both be clueless (as always with shows like this) how they feel about each other.
Especially the MC which is literally like a tree as comes to emotions and is also shy, which is also typical.
Jan 17, 2023 9:55 AM

Oct 2021
Very Good Episode + Kubo's  sister actual goddess of the show/
Jan 17, 2023 10:01 AM

Nov 2018
There's a limit to how clueless you can be. 
Only thing that will make me keep going for now is Kobo. This protagonist Shiraishi is a loser in so many levels, even Yuu Izumi from Shikimori-san wasn't this bad.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jan 17, 2023 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
This is even more of a soulless Takagi knockoff than I first thought. At least Nishikata has an actual personality and at least they draw Takagi's face consistently in that show rather than it looking different in almost every single scene.

These generic wish fulfilment anime where the MC is an otaku blob with absolutely no personality whatsoever, yet is loved by a cute girl immediately without any effort on his part whatsoever and for no apparent reason, are starting to get really tiresome now.
Jan 17, 2023 11:10 AM
May 2021
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jan 17, 2023 11:24 AM

Apr 2016
Atavistic said:
At least Nishikata has an actual personality
Does he now ? Really.
Jan 17, 2023 11:50 AM
Dec 2021
question for manga readers
does this have any romance? do they ever kiss?

sick and tired of that kind of anime just teasing you for 12 episodes to never deliver.
Ready to drop it and watch something on my ptw list instead.
Jan 17, 2023 12:03 PM
May 2021
This anime is just too cute and wholesome 😂😂❤, can't wait for next ep
Jan 17, 2023 12:18 PM

Jan 2018
perfectionFound said:
question for manga readers
does this have any romance? do they ever kiss?

sick and tired of that kind of anime just teasing you for 12 episodes to never deliver.
Ready to drop it and watch something on my ptw list instead.

It does, but it's very slow and won't satisfy you in season 1 alone. If you aren't digging the current dynamics between Kubo and Shiraishi then it's prob not for you.
Jan 17, 2023 12:56 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Being at the back of the class sure has its perks. Assigning Kubo an attack strength based on her apperiance sure was fun. Guess even sensors for auto doors are not immune to his blank existance. It was cute seeing Kubo observe him from the shadows. Nagisa's sis really is the opposite of her. Though it was unfortunate that Junta forgot his key it sure provided an interesting opportunity for Nagisa. Overall a pretty cute ep that featured some nice expansion for Nagisa and showed well her developing feelimgs for Junta.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2023 1:11 PM

Mar 2020
Just like in Do it Yourself, Pine Jam loves using these cutesy aesthetics, and generally, they're quite nice and bring about a sense of comfiness which I enjoyed. As for the characters, they continue to be fun, as Kubo continued the teasing, but she also feels very caring. Another good thing about her is that she doesn't really beat around the bush when she talks to Shiraishi, and feels more forward than normal romcom protagonists. The moment where they showed the "Lonely Mart", where Shiraishi sometimes gets food at was pretty awesome, though it is quite savage towards him.

A nice and cute first two episodes so far, and it'd be wise to expect that to continue till the end of the season. I do hope Kubo's big sister, Akina, meets Shiraishi one day.
Jan 17, 2023 1:17 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, they're already sharing manga and visiting houses! So cute!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 17, 2023 1:31 PM
Mar 2020
This man Shiraishi is straight up John Cena, nobody can see him lol. Wholesome anime so far, just nice and chill.
Jan 17, 2023 2:06 PM

Mar 2022
This is so wholesome and cute it's an romcom anime equivalent of hot choko+warm blanket combo. Won't win any awards, but it can sure warm my black cynical heart... atleast for a bit.
The MMC is kind of a dumbass tho :D Invisible AND oblivious.... sucks to be him .D

But Kubo is so cute it doesn't rally matter to me
Jan 17, 2023 2:11 PM

Jul 2016
Kubo sure knows what to ask in order to get info from her crush. What a skilled stalker she is.
Jan 17, 2023 2:44 PM

Nov 2013
It's too adorable. Older sister knows what Kubo is up to :D
Jan 17, 2023 3:10 PM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode!
Jan 17, 2023 3:41 PM

Feb 2021
This show is so chill, fun and has really cute dynamics between the two main characters.
I'm already loving this show
Jan 17, 2023 4:15 PM
Nov 2018
So we're going 'magical realism' with no one seeing him, huh. Poor kid. Was that also part of the premise of Bunny-Girl Senpai, that she was invisible to the point she could dress like a Playboy Bunny without most people noticing? At least Shiraishi has Kubo stalking looking out for him :P

I was a little worried after the first ep that this would be just a teasing-based romance (not my jam), or Manic Pixie wish fulfillment, but both characters seem more complex than that. I like that Kubo learned teasing as a love language from her sister, so she knows how it feels on both sides. I like that Shiraishi geeks out about his favorite manga, and has a mostly content inner world, aside from the inconveniences of being mostly invisible. They also both have relatable adolescent moments. I think every latchkey-kid has had to seek refuge at a neighbor's once, and who hasn't had to hurriedly hide laundry from guests? This show's just cute.

I hope Pine Jam's having fun.
Jan 17, 2023 4:36 PM
Jun 2021
I DON'T WANT TO TRIGGER ANYONE OR SPOIL THE MOOD OF THIS SHOW

But Sometimes I really think what would have been reaction from others if a guy would have been looking out for a girl like this

I mean irl, people would term it stalking and a boy might even have to face consequences however as it is just an anime, you don't have to necessarily relate with real life, but it really makes me curious
-----------------------------------------------------

Coming back to this episode/series, Kubo seems just too perfect for Shiarashi, I really wonder what made someone like Kubo have crush on a "non existing" guy like him

But after all the cute & wholesome moments are the true soul of this anime
Jan 17, 2023 4:42 PM

Jul 2015
Shiraishi might not realize what's going on, but Kubocchi's older sister sure does! She is way too powerful.

Another lovely episode, lotsa tactical movements to approach our protagonist, too precious.
Jan 17, 2023 5:26 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
That was such a sweet and wholesome episode!!

Kubo for sure has some sort of interest in Junta, can't wait to see how it develops!! 

Also even tho she only appeared for a min, I would love to see more of Akina. Especially her teasing Kubo and Junta (if she see's him) :)

Jan 17, 2023 5:51 PM

May 2022
Our Romeo and Juliet are almost helpless in their attempt at romance. Are there really any teens this innocent? I probably would drop this, but I've developed a crush on Kubo-san's older sister, so I'll stick around for another week.
Jan 17, 2023 7:58 PM
Nov 2022
I really loved the episode, it was soo cuteee
I think it's going to give me diabetes xd.
Jan 17, 2023 8:00 PM

Apr 2022
this show is so cute, it makes me wanna puke. but i'm not mad haha. kubo really pulls all the strings.
Jan 17, 2023 9:09 PM
Aug 2020
I love it, funny / cute, everything that we need to have a good Time…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 17, 2023 9:24 PM
Aug 2022
Kubo-san looked so cutee and adorable.. when she embarrassed after shiraishi-kun saw her private clothes in bathroom and the fact she tried so hard to hide the clothes while embarrassed makes her look so cute and adorable.
so lovely.
Jan 17, 2023 9:42 PM
Oct 2021
pretty fun episode
Jan 17, 2023 10:25 PM
Apr 2021
Que lindaaa es, apenas el segundo episodio pero lo vale un anime que lo empecé por probar algo nuevo y me encantó.
Jan 18, 2023 12:49 AM
Jan 2020
Kubo-san is just too adorable
Jan 18, 2023 1:41 AM
Jul 2018
It’s a cute story but I can’t quite get past the art style. The way the characters (including the girls, not just Shirashi) are drawn is a little weird to me
Jan 18, 2023 2:21 AM

Apr 2019
Kubo waking up earlier just to walk with Shiraishi, love the effort she puts in for him and she even helps him a lot
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

101 by Treyv0n »»
Apr 10, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2023

71 by Treyv0n »»
Apr 10, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2023

47 by Treyv0n »»
Apr 6, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

53 by Treyv0n »»
Apr 6, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2023

165 by Araw22 »»
Apr 4, 9:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.