Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
This was one of the harsher episodes in terms of weather but still magnficient showcase of nature. That sun rise is just beautiful.

We got the main cast up there climbing the mountains in this finale, and honestly, this looked like something right out of a movie. Background scenes looked great and we got the cast reflecting their experiences.

A wonderful season again.
Dec 20, 2022 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 20, 2022 8:00 AM

Feb 2020
Nice finale. Aoi finally made it to the top of Mt. Fuji.

Beautiful sunrise.

Aww, she looks so happy now. :)

Aoi and Hinata are really cute together. <3

Hopefully we get another season and more beautiful landscapes.

SerafosDec 20, 2022 1:47 PM
Dec 20, 2022 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
A worthwhile finale. Personally, i hope from now on IF we get another/more seasons we do got to see more of the new gang, the glasses girl and the rest of the new girls seem interesting enough, and i can see them fitting more into the story nicely.
Dec 20, 2022 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
A great and beautiful ending.
I also want to see more of Aoi's classmates, and also want to see them explore more and more mountains as well. There are also a lot of interesting mountains waiting for them in Japan. Most of the mountains they've been to are located in Kanto, it's time for them to explore more new regions. It would be very nice if we can get another season of Yama no Susume.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 20, 2022 9:09 AM

Apr 2017
What an amazing final episode. I was really worried after last week suddenly skipped so far ahead in time to get Mount Fuji done somehow this season. But it turned out really good, so I'm happy with the results. The different views you can get from Mount Fuji are really well presented. The scenerey looked as amazing as always, maybe even better.

Aoi seems to still have problems with the height, which might seem surprising given her training for a year, but then again, she never went even close to the height of Mount Fuji. At least we don't have to worry too much, Hinata is there for her to encourage her and stay with her on a lower than planned hut for the night. And if nothing goes there is always youkan which will get you back up!

It does feel like there are more people than last time though. At least Aoi makes it to the top this time. And in time for the sunrise. What an amazing view. Congratiulations, Aoi! They even make it to the actual summit of the mountain. Not exactly the same, but it is the same place as the key visual. So congrats if you saw that coming and knew they would make it to the top. Maybe even before the season actually started. And the picture was taken by Michael and Jennifer, who else could it have been. I hope we see them again at some point.

At the top Aoi sends herself a letter. I was hoping she would send one to Kasumi and her group, but I guess that way it's good as well. Seems like she really learned a lot in her time climbing mountains. I really hope this isn't the end, there is so much more content in the manga, but I don't think there is a goal as big as Mount Fuji. it would be a shame if this were the final episode we'll ever get.

Speaking of the manga, obviously everything in this episode was from volume 16, because that is the second Fuji climb. It seems like some things were changed though, Aoi doesn't seem to actually struggle on the climb and the group doesn't split up. They all reach the summit together. Not really sure if any of the scenes in the ending were taken from the manga, I flipped through a few volumes but couldn't find them anywhere, so I guess they were original to the anime. But maybe I just missed them, guessing a manga chapter from a short scene can be quite hard.
Dec 20, 2022 9:13 AM

Mar 2021
Great finale so happy that Aoi finally managed to get to the top of Mt Fuji and that sunrise was just beautiful, Really do hope we get another season
Dec 20, 2022 9:24 AM

Apr 2010
Now we just have to wait 5 years for the next season.

It was nice to see this again and Aoi finally managed to reach the top of Fuji and see the sunrise.
She also made a lot of new friends and the anime went a bit deeper on her already existing friends which was also nice to see not to mention how relaxing it was to watch this.
Dec 20, 2022 9:27 AM

Oct 2017
Aoi finally made it, I was so happy to see her finally at the top of Mt Fuji. Been wanting to see this happen ever since she failed last time. The glimpse of future Aoi was amazing, hope we get to see her grown up someday. The scenes in the ED song were nice. Good to see Kokona going to their school.

Been a wonderful season overall, can't believe it's already over. I really hope we get a new season someday.
Dec 20, 2022 9:55 AM

Jun 2022
I'm so happy Aoi finally made it to the top of Mt Fuji, she collected her final piece of journey! A wonderful last episode of this series, hopefully this isn't the end, because I wanted to watch more of this series in the future!
Dec 20, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2021
And at last Aoi accomplishes her goal of climbing Mt. Fuji! I love how they used the Season 1 ED/Season 2 ED 2 again. Parting with this show will be sad. Watching the previous seasons an episode per day before sleep felt really good. Here's hoping for more in the future!!!
One of my all time favorite CGDCT Iyashikei anime. Very underrated and underwatched imo. 9/10
Dec 20, 2022 11:05 AM

Jan 2018
as someone who really climbed Mt. Fuji... this last episode made me teared up. I could feel the emotion of Aoi when she finally reached the top..... <3 <3 <3
Dec 20, 2022 12:05 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good finale. Not necessary a fireworks kinda, but Yama no Suzume has always been more subtle in it's ways.

The letter Aoi sent to herself was pretty bittersweet, acknowledging her flaws and also realizing Hinata's right a lot of the times, even if she doesn't let her know that.

This was probably my favorite "pure" slice of life of the season.
Dec 20, 2022 12:11 PM

Sep 2015
Kimurah said:
Pretty good finale. Not necessary a fireworks kinda, but Yama no Suzume has always been more subtle in it's ways.

The letter Aoi sent to herself was pretty bittersweet, acknowledging her flaws and also realizing Hinata's right a lot of the times, even if she doesn't let her know that.

This was probably my favorite "pure" slice of life of the season.

Which letter? Was it in the episode?

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Dec 20, 2022 1:05 PM

Dec 2010
Not as great as the previous seasons. Felt more rushed, and indeed they skipped a lot of content just to get to the second Fuji-san climb. I also think the half-length episode style of the previous seasons fit this show better. I wish if we'll get a fifth season they will revisit the skipped content and go back to the more laid-back direction of season 2.
Dec 20, 2022 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
This season was super enjoyable, I was kinda anxious if Aoi was going to make it or not, that bit with her seeing both her past and future self was pretty nice, the last shot with everyone was cute. Once again one of those shows that really make you want to get your ass moving.
Dec 20, 2022 1:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally the fuji's ascension has been done! And I liked that bit a future sightseeing at the end :)
Dec 20, 2022 2:21 PM

Sep 2020
Such an amazing finale, I cried while watching it, and looks like it's the ending to the series, hope there can be more seasons of it!
Dec 20, 2022 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
Attagirl, Aoi!

She might have wondered why is she even doing it, but it's simple: To gain confidence in herself. She will descent from the summit as completely different person.

After such a colossal achievement Aoi will be known as The Conqueror of Mount Fuji and will attempt every challenge from now on with confidence and smile on her face, fully knowing she can do it!
Seeing her grow was pure joy to watch!
PiromyslDec 20, 2022 2:52 PM

Dec 20, 2022 2:58 PM

Nov 2007
Shiyuru99 said:
Which letter? Was it in the episode?
It's postcard rather than letter and It is narrative. 20:53~21:34 (until seeing future herself)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 20, 2022 4:41 PM

Mar 2016
I love this show, it's such a blessing that this even exists considering how rather obscure this anime is. And it was a good production too.
Dec 20, 2022 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
I really hope this isn’t the last season. I never thought they’d blitz their way to the second Fuji climb before the season began; my expectation was that they’d get to March/April, not July. That quick montage of future events at the end, alongside this being a decent “stopping point” if they’re tired of making the show, also make me concerned this’ll be it. I wish I could focus on how great the rest of the episode itself is instead of that lol.

But Aoi finally did it, and I’m sure those who have wanted to see that happen for over 8 years are satisfied. I didn’t have to wait nearly as long, but it’s a powerful and breathtaking moment nonetheless.
Dec 20, 2022 11:51 PM

Sep 2010
RobbiRobb said:
It does feel like there are more people than last time though. At least Aoi makes it to the top this time. And in time for the sunrise. What an amazing view. Congratiulations, Aoi! They even make it to the actual summit of the mountain. Not exactly the same, but it is the same place as the key visual. So congrats if you saw that coming and knew they would make it to the top. Maybe even before the season actually started. And the picture was taken by Michael and Jennifer, who else could it have been. I hope we see them again at some point.

At the top Aoi sends herself a letter. I was hoping she would send one to Kasumi and her group, but I guess that way it's good as well. Seems like she really learned a lot in her time climbing mountains. I really hope this isn't the end, there is so much more content in the manga, but I don't think there is a goal as big as Mount Fuji. it would be a shame if this were the final episode we'll ever get.

Speaking of the manga, obviously everything in this episode was from volume 16, because that is the second Fuji climb. It seems like some things were changed though, Aoi doesn't seem to actually struggle on the climb and the group doesn't split up. They all reach the summit together. Not really sure if any of the scenes in the ending were taken from the manga, I flipped through a few volumes but couldn't find them anywhere, so I guess they were original to the anime. But maybe I just missed them, guessing a manga chapter from a short scene can be quite hard.
Ah, you're right, that rectangular block saying "highest point in Japan" is in the main image for this anime on this site. I probably should have memorized the kanji for "Japan" at the top of that block by now. >.<
-and it's the same block Aoi and Hinata reached a year earlier, in season 2.

If the anime depicts Aoi struggling more than in the manga to climb Mt Fuji, that sounds like an improvement. Makes it feel like more of an achievement if she can't just rely on her natural physical condition as much as the others. Same with the group splitting up to accommodate Aoi's mild altitude sickness, to depict not everything going according to plan in spite of training and preparation, and having to adapt to what happens on the day.

Aoi asking herself why she's even climbing mountains as she struggles with the pain of climbing up to Kengamine is probably what I like most about this series. She does it for the satisfaction of having reached the top, and for the enjoyment of the view... but that probably applies to just about anything else. ^^

KanameYuuki said:
This season was super enjoyable, I was kinda anxious if Aoi was going to make it or not, that bit with her seeing both her past and future self was pretty nice, the last shot with everyone was cute. Once again one of those shows that really make you want to get your ass moving.
Had to replay it a few times to understand, but seeing her past self struggling to climb Mt Fuji in a jacket she borrowed from her mom, and her future self walking forward confidently, just reminds me how far she's come and how far she could go. ^^
Dec 20, 2022 11:52 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
She did it!!!

Irregular season with a bad recap. to start, with mixed of bads and goods episodes!!

6/10 and lucky kekeke
Dec 21, 2022 2:40 AM

Oct 2016
That was a beautiful finale. I started this series with this season, but I can still see how arduous and fulfilling Aoi's journey has been, I had a tear in my eye when she made it to the top. Altitude sickness, can't stop Aoi anymore, though I definitely felt sheer pain at first when she got altitude sickness gain.

Aoi busting out the Yokan was an underrated moment though, that was fucking great.

There are limitless mountains to climb within a human lifespan, I hope we get more seasons. 8/10
Dec 21, 2022 5:38 AM

Feb 2020
Really good finale.
Sadly this season only had 8 new episodes, but I still enjoy it a lot.
I'll miss this series! 8/10.
Dec 21, 2022 6:02 AM
Dec 2020
The last two episodes are awesome, 10/10 for the two episodes and 7.6/10 for the whole season. I really enjoy the beautiful scenes and Aoi's struggle and growth through her way to Mt. Fuji.
Dec 21, 2022 9:37 PM

Jul 2016
Yes! Aoi made it! Mt. Fuji conquered!

Beautiful finale to conclude an overall solid fourth season of this wonderful show. Not gonna lie, I wasn't a fan of the first four episodes being recaps so I'm truly glad the remaining episodes managed to keep the same level of quality as in previous seasons.
Seeing Aoi's growth continued to be a joy and having her classmates receiving more screen-time ended up being a pleasant surprise as well. In that regard, I really hope we can see more of them (Kasumi and Koharu particularly) in future projects. Though this last episode really looked like a conclusion for the whole series.

7/10
Dec 22, 2022 2:29 AM

Nov 2018
Sooo gratifying!

I couldn't help but notice that Aoi's improvements as a mountain climber evolved in parallel with her personality's evolution as she took up new challenges in life and overcame her shyness toward other people.

I realize that, particularly in this critical teenage period, facing challenges and taking responsibilities feels like a mountain climb 😂. And just as you need to build your physical strength for mountaineering, you need to strengthen your inner "muscles" to forge your own path.

As an adult, I can say that challenges never end, and one "can still lose their breath" with specific experiences, haha. But it is not as exhausting as in the teenage period.

I loved how Aoi managed to get better control over her weaknesses by knowing how to deal with them and find ways to address them. I don't think I imagined things when Aoi realized that she was at such a high altitude as if there was no ground underneath her, and yet she didn't panic. It seems like her fear of heights has diminished too 😉. I was impressed that Hinata became more mature as well. Her and Aoi's friendship also evolved as they began to understand each other better only by reading their gestures, looks, and actions; and became more focused on accepting each other rather than fighting. That is so true of any human relationship that grows healthily!

I believe the creators cleverly intertwined these different areas of evolution: physical strength, character, and relationship. It makes you see and feel more vividly the complexity of life and how things, seemingly unrelated, are, in fact, interwoven in mysterious ways.
KonokoAsadaDec 22, 2022 2:40 AM
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Dec 22, 2022 8:33 PM
Mar 2018
I love Alpinism, please give the season 5 in 2023!
Dec 22, 2022 11:30 PM

Apr 2018
next mountains for the girls to climb, Mont Blanc, Kilimanjaro(or Kirima Syaro if you are a Gochiusa fan), Mckinley, and Everest.

But they'll need passports to go overseas as well as loads of money, and tons of crazy equipments to climb these mountains, ESPECIALLY Mt Everest.
Dec 23, 2022 2:18 AM
Aug 2021
I don't want this to end, but... 🥲

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
Dec 23, 2022 4:58 AM
Dec 2022
I didn't mind speeding up the story mostly because of how the MC's relationship with other characters was more important for this season. It was a very nice conclusion overall.
Dec 23, 2022 6:13 AM

May 2015
Is there still material for a fifth season? I mean the story seemed to have reached it conclusion and in a sense its "peak" with the successful hiking of Mount Fuji. Aoi seeing her past and future self on the path, then the anime showing the girls' graduation gave me the feeling this was the last season.
Dec 23, 2022 8:34 AM

Apr 2017
Ishitateso said:
Is there still material for a fifth season?
Yes, there is even enough for a sixth season. The anime currently adapts volume 1-12 and 16. Right now there are 22 volumes out in total and it's not over yet. It is however lacking a big goal like Mount Fuji, so I'm not sure if they will adapt anything. On the other hand, the third season also didn't have any goal and that worked quite well. So it's not like a fifth season would be totaly impossible.
Dec 23, 2022 7:19 PM
Dec 2022
If the fifth season were materialized, I hope to see a university student Aoi and Hinata trekking around the mountains of Hokkaido in summer. A different storyline from the manga.

Other than that, I hope to see the anime version of Symphonic Rain. Same artist as Yama no Susume.
Dec 24, 2022 12:45 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It was really emotional when Aoi finally made it up the Mt. Fuji. She has grown in many ways, she knows her body and know not to push too hard. She knows not to feel too bad about someone staying behind with her. Instead of excessively worrying, she feels her body getting rest for the next day.

I cried when Aoi and Hinata caught up to the group ahead, and then during the sunrise scene. It was so beautiful. The whole scenery trekking up the mountain was breathtaking.

My favorite part, though, was when Aoi "saw" her past and future selves. And in her letter, she says that she's sure that herself of the future will be stronger than today. Very happy for her that she's gained the confidence in herself that I'm still trying to learn!

I'm surprised how much I came to like this series. When I watched the first season on a whim because it was only 3 minutes per episode, I thought it was nice, but that's it. But I've gotten really attached to the characters and watching them grow. I also love to see how much passion the people who work on Yama no Susume have! So many quality moments.
Dec 24, 2022 3:23 AM
Mar 2012
nice prayer chant & Aoi overcoming sickness with all the training. mail to her future self was sweet.
The summits & Gotemba trail going down near the crater, suhc beautiful chill music & scenery.
already mentioned jumpy pacing issues & skipped cast intros, but remains a nice tourism inspiring show.
Dec 24, 2022 2:25 PM

Jun 2016
I sincerely hope this isn't the final season, but that ending shot...
Anyhow, phenomenal work. Tears were shed is all I'll say
Dec 24, 2022 4:24 PM
Jul 2008
The recap episodes really helped me remember the characters, a good decision to do recap.

A nice ending. I understand Aoi's thinking as someone prone to carsickness.
Glad that she at succeed in conquering Mt. Fuji.

I hope they make collab with Yama no Susume lol.
Dec 24, 2022 9:30 PM

Oct 2008
nice show! The OST is really something! emotional indeed.
5/5.

Dec 25, 2022 3:46 PM

Nov 2009
There sure is a lot of ppls heading up Mt.Fuji. (at this point, I am not really sure if it's such an accomplishment, LOL) (since thousands of people reach the top every year with ease since the pathing and equipment needed are all there) (different from the early explorations where people actual "mountain climb") (the current is as the anime keeps on mentioning, a "hike")

But apparently Aoi gets another headache while climbing and had to slow down while the other girls went ahead first.

But as they get to the top (to where they ended up last time), there's bunch of clouds blocking the view.

But since this is an anime, the magic of plot armor instantly removed majority of the clouds and reveals the sunrise.

Also, LOL @ the foreigners, they actually talk like foreigners trying to speak Japanese... Did they hired actual English speakers for this?

But it's not over yet, and they continue climbing to the actual highest points and took pictures and bought souvenirs (tho Aoi wrote to her "future self"... lol)

And afterward they went to climb down the mountain as Aoi remember the first time she failed half way and walked down.

___ ___ ___

And then the end says "til next time, yahooo" LOL... really? so... another 3 years before we get season 5? (is there even more material for a season 5?)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 26, 2022 12:46 AM
Dec 2022
amlg said:
(is there even more material for a season 5?)

Apparently so according to a previous comment above. Could be that it will do the Yuru Camp Movie treatment of making the two central characters adults and do nice things. All I know is that Tokyo-based Eight Bit studio made this franchise into 4 seasons of anime and they're proven to be good at making sakuga clips and they seem to enjoy it.

My heart tells me that Yama no Susume's creator, Shiro, will agree with making his new manga franchise (カメラ、はじめてもいいですか? or Can I Start with a Camera?) into anime in 2-3 years, putting Aoi and Hinata as cameos in it.
Dec 27, 2022 12:01 PM

Aug 2019
man I was scared she was going to get full blown sick like last time and this season was going to end with her failing to reach the peak again, glad that didn’t happen but still sad to see this show end

but maybe a fifth season could happen?
Dec 28, 2022 2:54 PM
Oct 2016
so wait will the next season be a massive timeskip or is the final show just some random bs 
Jan 3, 2023 5:06 PM

Feb 2021
This was such a chill series. I took a long pause of about 5+ months around when I reached between middle of Season 2 and then returned to binge the rest of it all about a week ago. It was a fun ride, really felt like I was experiencing these mountain hikes along with them.

I would most definitely watch another season, or ten! Let's wish for a continuation, maybe a movie with a timeskip, that would be cool.
Jan 3, 2023 11:53 PM
May 2011
Binged this season within a day.
This series always makes me feel something wells up from within. Reminds me a lot of my Mt Fuji solo climb 8 years ago.(thanks to the 2nd season).
So glad Aoi managed to get reach the summit in time for goraiko. Hopefully this series continues and give me more pilgrimage to visit.
roxaskyoyaJan 4, 2023 12:00 AM
Jan 18, 2023 5:34 PM

Oct 2022
A really great ending to this series. The way it looks way up on Mt Fuji, going out there with all those people in the cold in the middle of the night, making their way up in a line that must be a mile long to see the sunrise is kind of amazing. It makes you really feel like what the experience must be like. Aoi climbed a higher peak than I ever did. Makes you cry at the end, so glad I watched this anime.
Jan 26, 2023 6:34 AM

Apr 2011
So happy for Aoi finally reached the summit. She finally conquered Mt. Fuji with her friends.

She got me worried at first, I though she wouldn't make it again with her altitude sickness. Good thing she recovered. She's much stronger now
than before. Also the visuals are so awesome. 

Jan 30, 2023 7:48 AM
Jul 2011
Satisfaction guarantee for all to watch.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2022

62 by jpmc »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2022

33 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2022

25 by corvKa »»
Jul 11, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2022

21 by corvKa »»
Jul 11, 2023 8:40 AM

» Do i need to watch the prequels?

bezardo - Dec 20, 2022

5 by Piromysl »»
May 31, 2023 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.