Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 16, 2022 2:45 AM

Sep 2015
The end point of the Journey. What a ride it has been.

Ash & Goh battling Lugia for a bit only for it to allow them to ride on it for one last stroll. They say you end how you began and welp... here we are.

Chloe deciding to become a researcher to study more about the evolutions of Pokémon.
(Prior to EP 120)

And alas, the two main protagonists part on their own ways, journeying to places they haven't seen before.

Folks, it has been one hell of a ride, despite the ups and downs and all arounds (Specially with how much production issues the studio's been having), I'd say Journeys is all around not that bad as people make it out to be. There were opportunities to be had, yet ultimately missed, but even then, they had some good episodes out there. I'd say Journeys is the 4th or 5th best of the anime series.

There's just one more special next week, and it features the Ash from the "I Choose You!" movie, and an 11 Episode series coming out in January 13, and those episodes may be the last ever time we'll ever get to see Ash as the main protagonist again. PLUS, we got a PV for what Gen 9's anime looks like, and the Gen 9 anime is seeked out to be released in Spring 2023 (April).

Aside from those, the journey really ends here. Like I said, it's been one hell of a ride. It's been fun comrades, and see you in the next one!!
Dec 16, 2022 4:00 AM
Feb 2018
The Episode was nice, nothing bothered me, nice callback to the Post-Indigo League Party.

BUT GOOD GOD the reveals blew my Brain
Not 1, but 2 Anime
1) Paldea Based Pokemon Anime with 2 new characters

2) And, 13 January 2023, Ash and Pikachu's Final 11 Episodes. This.. i can't. I don't

These episodes will be nothing short of a tearjerker rollercoaster. Thanks Fans, Thanks OLM.
Dec 16, 2022 5:12 AM

Apr 2020
It was what I expected from the anime. I just watched the classic anime and Johto and didn't watch anything in between besides the random episodes on TV.
It was a good show to turn your brain off and just enjoy. 7/10
I hope they make a good ending to Ash and Pikachu's legendary journey.
I hope the new protagonist doesn't have another Pikachu as the mascot.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 16, 2022 6:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What can I say, goodbye Ash, that was an incredible journey, didn't expect to follow weekly and witness something I started as 6-7 years old to finish today, still there is the bonus series about him to look forward but as the regular TV anime it's over now for him, not sure about the next two new protagonists to be honest it looks like what they done to Yu Gi Oh newest TV entries that make it more and more childish
Dec 16, 2022 7:37 AM

May 2009
Although journeys wasn't perfect, it was still the perfect swan song to Ash's battling career, I'm gonna miss Go, and his sensitive temper tantrums.

8/10
Dec 16, 2022 8:03 AM

Apr 2015
It was a very lackluster series for Ash's last hoo-ray, maybe I'll make a review later.

But now the real tribute to Ash will start at january to march and I'm sure it will be a proper sweet farewell.
Dec 16, 2022 8:03 AM
Aug 2021
where can i watch it
Dec 16, 2022 8:21 AM

Feb 2020
My childhood... The things I used to like back then as a lil kiddo are disappearing...

I'm hoping to see a great farewell from the 11 episode special. Also looking forward for the new protag in Paldea
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2022 9:41 AM
Aug 2022
bye ash. bye my childhood
Dec 16, 2022 2:24 PM
Mar 2021
I cried, let's hope the last 11 episodes will be satisfactory so we can let this veteran of anime rest in peace.
Dec 16, 2022 2:35 PM

Sep 2018
Bruh, a little salty that they showed Ash meeting up with his old Butterfree in the ending sequence as a slide show lol... I wonder if these last 11 episodes will depict stuff like this.
Dec 16, 2022 3:24 PM

Nov 2016
Giovanni still counting on the Rocket trio 💀 The man is a troll effectively keeping good for nothings away from the important missions.

Although, I wasn't a big fan of this series overall, I'll be damned if it didn't have some of the most emotional episodes. Solid ending, liked that we got to see almost all of the first 151 pokemon. Now I'm looking forward to the remaining 11 episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 16, 2022 4:35 PM

Mar 2020
Ughh I'm in tears right now, what a journey. I'm so happy as a Pokémon Anime fan.

Next week will be a special and in January an 11 episodes the last chapter of satoshi. And in April the next series with a new MC. I'M BOTH SAD & EXCITED.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Dec 16, 2022 4:59 PM

Feb 2012
Ah crap, This scene brought out the EMOTIONS!! No pidgeot but butterfree
rafi160Dec 18, 2022 7:18 AM
Dec 16, 2022 5:10 PM
Soaring

Aug 2014
FlyingDunsparce said:
Now this is where it gets interesting. It looks like we'll finally be freed from Gou as he leaves to go on his own journey. But I'm curious to see what Ash will do. Will he go to Paldea for a new series? If so will Pikachu get nerfed as does the gym challenge there? Will he immediately be champion rank with the story taking a different direction? Or maybe, just maybe, is this the end of the anime with his new journey being open to interpretation? I suppose we'll see.

Well, I got my answer but damn I wasn't ready for it.

I stayed off the internet all day just to not be spoiled by news and every minute of this episode screamed that it was the last. The Lugia ride was amazing with the Mewtwo cameo and having Ash finally meet Ho-oh. Ash meeting Butterfree at the end was such a sweet and emotional moment.

When the announcer said it would continue because he said so it actually made me cry with this being the ending. One final 11 episode series to go before it's truly the end. Even though I've been saying this might happen I can't believe that it's actually happening. Anyway I already know the finale is going to be absolute fire so I can't wait for that.

As for Journeys/2019, I'll give it a 7/10 for the amazing moments it did bring but overall it was quite disappointing with a lot of missed potential and one of the worst companions in Gou.
Dec 16, 2022 5:31 PM
Dec 2014
WHO IS CHOPPING ONIONS
Dec 16, 2022 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
Bro I still want Ash to catch a Legendary but god damn riding on the back of Lugia is pretty cool.

ALSO there's been this grand standing theory that Ash and Ho-oh...well since Ho-oh was seen again does the curse of him being a 10 year old forever end???

Misty meeting Goh was pretty cool

but GOD DAMN!!!! BUTTERFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 16, 2022 7:17 PM

Mar 2019
When Ash met back up with the butterfree... omg. I almost cried there.
Dec 16, 2022 8:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
it was a good bye!!! Crying!!!!
Lugia spoke, it was amazing!
amazing Ho-oh one more time!!!

Bye, bye Satoshi! Bye, bye Pikachu!!

kekeke
Dec 16, 2022 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
When I woke up today it never crossed my mind how much wild news there would be.

Journeys has been quite an experience, full of ups and downs, but very pleasant in general.

Our boys now each go their own way, as they both know that the Pokémon world is vast and full of possibilities.

In the final sequence it even seemed that all the Kanto Pokémon were going to appear xd, OMG Butterfree!!!

Ash and Pikachu's story is closer than ever to ending <3...
Dec 16, 2022 10:53 PM

Sep 2021
here's the end, or you could say the journey continues. it was a nice ride with some unnecessary bits but was great nonetheless.

there are many callbacks in this episode and i like it. Lugia, Ho-oh, Mewtwo (was in background when Lugia was flying above ocean), Butterfree (how could we forget you buddy, its nice seeing them reunite after so long). It also showe what others were upto.

Ash's finals episodes will start airing from 13th January 2023. it will be a total of 11 episodes.

then there will be new protagonists as most people wanted (im fine with it). two protagonists and their journey in Paldea region.

next week there will be episode based on alternate timeline Ash. preview has teased a lot of things, lets see how it will be. as it is AU, the og storyline would not be affected but still it will give us an insight as to what could have been.

the final episodes of any series are banger, gives you the feels everytime.

this is the last episode thread for journeys, it sure was a ride with its ups and downs.

See ya, lets meet in some other thread. Have a nice one.
Dec 17, 2022 1:44 AM

Aug 2013
Haven't watched Pokemon in...many many year but when I heard the news about what as going to happen, I had to cash in to see the one scene that physically broke me as a kid with the reunion of a certain Pokemon. It's crazy that is really this duos last ride. And to think...it's been...for the better part of 25 years since his journey began and the Straw Hats still haven't found One Piece. What is going on with the childhood right now? Feels man.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 17, 2022 2:33 AM
Sep 2021
A satisfying ending to journeys, filled up with nostalgia till the end, happy to see Ho-oh, the journey of our MC's continues even if it's not shown.
I give this episode 10/10.
Dec 17, 2022 3:08 AM

May 2021
Ah no, they just had to had to show the Butterfree reunion at the end and leave it just like that, didn't they? And I haven't even recovered from the previous news.

Dec 17, 2022 3:49 AM

Jan 2014
Honestly, when I started watching Pokemon 2019 back then, at the start I thought 'wtf is this, it's kinda eh' considering how the net was reacting to the new character and such. Thinking he was gonna be replacing Ash at some point. But then as it progressed, you realized what this was. It was a celebration. A celebration of Pokemon through the many years, as we saw all types of faces come back and more so. While 2019 will never top a OG series in terms of it's draw, but it certainly did it's job. Well done.

Now we'll see Ash's final moments in his special. Love him, or dislike him. You can't argue of what a ride it's been.
Dec 17, 2022 5:05 AM

Jul 2020
It's finally over and what a Journey it has been. While there were definitely low points, as a whole this series has been a true treat as a Pokemon fan. Go definitely grew on me throughout the series and Ash was his usual charming self. Regarding this episode, the highlight was certainly the pair soaring through the skies on Lugia seeing what a wonderful world it truly is. The callback with Ho-oh was awesome too. Sad to see the Ash and Go part but ultimately it was a necessary and inevitable moment in the series. I also especially loved seeing Butterfree again at the end, they were really going hard on the nostalgia this episode. Only 11 episodes of Ash remain now. Someone please save me from the tears. 😭😭😭
Dec 17, 2022 7:16 AM
Sep 2019
Good wrap up to ash's story
Dec 17, 2022 7:16 AM
Sep 2019
Good wrap up to ash's story
Dec 17, 2022 8:00 AM

May 2016
Wow, I actually didn't expect the anime to end. I mean it makes sense but I really thought they are going to ruin this moment and let Pikachu lose to a bread dog in the next region. Glad they didn't do that.
Also the voice actresses need a break after voicing the same characters for 25 years. They deserve a break.
Dec 17, 2022 5:36 PM

Mar 2014
Ash seeing Ho-oh and Butterfree again was a nice way to bring the journey full circle in the end

I'm curious if they'll let Ash actually age up now after all this
Dec 17, 2022 9:55 PM

Jan 2011
i havent seen pokemon since like Gen 2 but still had to watch this one episode after i heard Ash adventures were ending
really one of the few things i even remember wer Ho-oh so seeing him here as well as so many Gen 1 pokemon was really cool

did that purple hair girl teased us with the posibility of getting more Eeveelutions?
Dec 17, 2022 11:41 PM
Sep 2022
A perfect conclusion for Ash's ultimate journey
Dec 18, 2022 2:13 AM

Nov 2016
This is the end of an era.

I'm still emotional and crying over how good all this was. I'm proud to say that I loved watching the Pokémon anime.
Dec 18, 2022 5:27 AM
Jun 2021
Not watched the anime but watched the last episode. Loved seeing the gen 1 pokemons and Ash finally meeting Butterfree, wish they could have shown a little more of that. I'll be watching Pokemon the Distant Blue Sky
Dec 18, 2022 5:52 AM

Nov 2013
team rocket, no words for how bad they are really lmao
that trash ass mouse pokemon they have had to make a last appearance huh...(probably the worst thing in this anime)... so much funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn............... not really... my God lmao

anyway...

Lugia part was nice, it reminds me how they do that at the end of almost every movie

Koharu being a research fellow makes sense, since she lives there and everything, but at the same time, she has literally 1% of Go's experience with pokemons
i like her new outfit tho, probably better than the one she had before

interesting talk between ash and go before they finally left

the after credits part tho
Butterfree still has that ribbon thing lol

thought Ashe would have only Pikachu but i guess for now he will still keep others

nice ending to this anime, it was a lot of fun watching them go to different regions and meeting different people, my complain is that they should have shown many other older characters talking to Ash, they only showed a little of like 4 of the old girls, and Citron

now we just have a few more episodes left before Ash leaves us, BIG SADNESS (but also interested in what the new pair will show us starting next spring, we all know many of us will simp for the new girl haha)
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 18, 2022 6:26 AM

Apr 2016
That was a great ending despite the not-so-good set up from the previous episode, this season reminded me a lot of the first one so I enjoyed it and is nice to know this was Ash's last time as the protagonist.

Lugia took them for a Kanto's Pokédex tour.

Goh and Koharu were good, is great he got to meet Misty.

"Catch, Battle and Explore" was basically how they ended their stories.

I hope the next series is a clean start.
Dec 19, 2022 7:46 AM

Jun 2011
So emotive and wonderful
Dec 19, 2022 7:37 PM
Apr 2020
It's a really great episode, good ending, Butterfree meeting ash again was a good touch (preferred to have some dialogue but its fine), also, the Lugia Ride, parting ways with Goh, honestly, it made me emotional even though. even though I hated Goh at the start of this Journey, he did grew on me and I am sad that we are not gonna see him but who knows?

normally its 7/10 but giving it 8/10 because of the overall experience I've had with this series.
Dec 21, 2022 6:59 AM
Jul 2013
Pues ya esta, Lugia, Ho-Oh, y muchos feels. ❤

Bonita manera de despedir la serie.
Dec 22, 2022 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
Ho-Oh is the only plus from the entire series and it's not even original.
Dec 22, 2022 11:49 PM

Feb 2021
In the end, they are parting part and 3 of them are having their own journey to reach their dream! It was a great adventure! Thank you for the journey and animation after all 3 years!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 24, 2022 10:27 PM
Jun 2016
I grew up watching pokemon what a journey I was crying throughout the last episode.
Absolutely perfect, it had its up and down but at the end we all love it so much.
Pokemon may have ended, but they journey still continues 😭😭😭♥️♥️
For the fallen comrades who didn't see to the end, see you again in the next show comrades, remember anime connects us all.
Dec 26, 2022 11:20 AM
Jul 2021
Good finale i liked it a lot gonna miss everyone
Dec 28, 2022 6:06 AM
Aug 2018
Very good, I cried
Dec 28, 2022 1:07 PM
Apr 2019
Pokémon segurando a industria de Anime esse ano WTF
Dec 28, 2022 11:48 PM

Nov 2020
Probably the best series ending, even better than XYZ ending

Jan 2, 2023 4:34 PM

Nov 2017
I just finished the last episode with Ash and Pikachu. 😭 It's a real pleasure to follow in their company since the release of Pokémon GO, from the first episode of the first season 6 years ago now (yes I started "late" 😂)!

Mata ne, Ash and Pikachu.
Jan 4, 2023 8:45 PM
Jan 2023
sad coz ash will leave the anime
Jan 13, 2023 6:56 AM
Jan 2017
gonna miss this series as my weekly weekend starter ... its ben long [since xyz imo] since we had a good pkmn anime and imo this one was one of the best ... has ben fun to watch :)
Jan 21, 2023 11:33 PM
Dec 2022
I was in pure amazement. 😍🤩💙💙
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 132 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TiirList - Nov 11, 2022

153 by Nerdason »»
Mar 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.