Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2022 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Yor has that killer look on her face again. Interesting to see her co-worker back again this season, including Camilia. Yor's awful cooking make its return too!

However, I'm also glad to see she's trying to improve her culinary skills. Not going to lie, I was even glad to see Franky make a return.

Jun 2019
At first, I got a little scared about what was happening then I felt relief. LOL. Yor is doing her best to learn how to cook and even tho she's not perfect or should I say, she's bad at it, she's doing her very best which makes me happy and that moment when she saw Loid and Anya appreciating her food, she teared up which was very sweet to me.

Also, Yuri is a funny guy. And, Franky fell in love with a girl and asked for Loid's help but that was all in vain. I feel bad. LUL.

Jul 2021
One of the best episode this 2nd Cour offers! This is one of my anticipated chapters to get adapted too that’s centering around Yor’s cooking ability which sure does delve in more on the importance of her family that’s why she had a grim face on her face lol and Cooking, definitely a skill for any women to be able to acquire when becoming a Mama. It’s sure a living hell for Camilia just because her husband is very blunt that she’s a great cook and is willing to guide Yor on this “cooking session” while having Yuri doing the taste testing!

Yor may have done something that looks undesirable to what’s expected but Camilia had not told her beforehand and what’s already implied in the episode to which what Yor usually eat with her family, the one who she lost but Yor along with Camilia’s guidance gradually recalls the taste of the Southern stew Yor’s mom usually cook for her family. This was a very nice picture of little Yor and Yuri having their mothers cooking before Yor having to raise Yuri on her own.

I really like the way Camilia also giving some touch of sour cream into the stew, not something too deep to look at but I thought it would do good to have a better taste and based off where Yor is coming from. Well Yor performed her cooking once she is at home to serve dinner for Loid and Anya, it was definitely a payoff considering her hardwork / putting a desirable amount of effort to satisfy her families <3 She definitely needs to work on her next cooking recipes in the end lol. They're adapting the extra chapter in the 2nd part, that is Chapter 23.6, doesn't really add anything to the main direction of the series but it was still good content likewise, centering around Frank and Loid with their mission.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 2020
Either people are good cooks or bad cooks, but then there are some who don't fit in this bracket, and no we don't call them masterchefs, they're people like Yor.. down terrible, the absolute bottom of the barrel.

The episode did feature Yor's thorough efforts, so atleast full marks there. Though as far as cooking is concerned, seems like Yuri is the only human who can eat them without fainting. Also see Camilla's ain't bitchy, she's a good person.

Franky’s that kind of a dude who’ll see himself falling in love every other day or two, he’s a bro, so fuck these heartbreaks.
Oct 22, 2022 8:01 AM

Nov 2019
Nice to see Yuri back again, with his Lotty name and all.

Speaking of, what a way to get to know someone by Franky, don't even need her to talk about herself, you already know it all. Impressive

Oct 22, 2022 8:29 AM

Jan 2021
A bit more focus was put on Yor and Yuri's childhood together with a brief flashback, turns out the poor guy is only one that was able to tolerate her cooking that could put others to death, good thing she was trying to improve herself though.

It was also nice to see Franky back again but it's a shame he came back only for efforts of trying for love to fail...

This was a really wholesome episode that I really enjoyed and massive props for the adaptation of this chapter as a whole, they really above and beyond.
Oct 22, 2022 8:29 AM
Feb 2022
good as always . . . .
Oct 22, 2022 8:30 AM

Sep 2020
Cute af episode, Yuri's back and Franky literally me fr
Beat & Motion's strongest warrior

Oct 22, 2022 8:31 AM
Jul 2019
i felt the episode was too short and like a filler but it's good nevertheless.

Yor got me in the first half ngl
Oct 22, 2022 8:32 AM

Dec 2020
This was the funniest episode till now lmfao
Oct 22, 2022 8:39 AM

Apr 2018
Was waiting for this episode. It's time to show off Yor's cooking skills and well.. you might say that they're not that good, but she's trying her hardest. It's just an extra chapter but it does add something to Yor's character. She's a mom afterall and cooking is something you wanna be good at. Well, surely if you're trying to hide that you're an assassin. And playing a mother-role in a family. Camilia helped Yor throughout the episode and the flashback to Yor's home was just beautiful.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 22, 2022 8:39 AM
Oct 2019
Hey it's two part episode.

Yor Cooking was Hilarious and also Wholesome at the end.

Poor Franky, trying to research so much before even talked to her. lol
Oct 22, 2022 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
Hey, this episode first half somewhat salvaged the most "evil" Yor co-worker, to be just a little twisted .

Both knocked out shots were great.

Loid was very cute in this episode.

At least the girl said just "No", could be worse.
Oct 22, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
The good old I can't cook for shit dish

The best way to prevent such a disaster is to limit the ingredients to something you can't go wrong with lmao

At first Yor was way too OP for kitchen utensils, yet in the end she dished out something delicous and comforting instead of pain

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 22, 2022 8:54 AM

Oct 2017
Yor trying hard to cook for her family was sweet and she did succeed, I'm happy for her. Also poor Franky.
Oct 22, 2022 8:55 AM
Jul 2022
ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Oct 22, 2022 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Yelp, Yor's not in a good mood, and with the number of plasters on her hand, it's safe to say that she went through a traumatic past of some sort.

Her reasoning: a cooking lesson with her colleague Camilla that has a potential to end their marriage, and for some reason, they had to have Yuri tag along because he's the siscon who cannot let go of her. And...Yor is just plain bad at cooking that Camilla has to call her out, but it's also the only thing that holds her assassin mission aloft. Yuri would try just about ANYTHING that his sister made, be it fish minestrone or dog cake, and this has got to do with them both not raised by their parents. So, a restart with Camilla's close watchful eye and approach, and it actually turned out to be decent. The trip back home, and both Loid and Anya are ready to expect the worst when it comes to her cooking. Though this time, it's to the satisfaction of both father and daughter. Forget self-made meals, follow taught meals.

Volume 4's side story date plan for Franky...and rather than him going through the flow, he requests Loid's help in courting this woman who he fell in love with, Monica McBride. As the family heads for their own date, Franky's own date clearly ended in failure, and Loid comforted his aide while letting Yor take care of Anya.

Feels like a short episode, but still entertaining.
Oct 22, 2022 8:58 AM
Sep 2021
Yor cooking is something else, funny episode, nice stress relieving episode.
I give it 6/10.
Oct 22, 2022 9:04 AM
May 2021
Pretty chill episode today.

And we got smug face Loid this week 💀💀💀

Oct 22, 2022 9:08 AM
Sep 2022
First half of the episode got me to chuckle a fair bit! Fun one this week, one of my favourite episodes so far!
Oct 22, 2022 9:12 AM

Jan 2022
What a qualitative SoL episode, the cooking part twist was a hilarious thing to do, I loved it. The next episode seems very promissing too, as always with SxF !
I like everything, ok
Oct 22, 2022 9:14 AM

Jan 2009
this was very funny in the manga but ye the anime at least made it cuter and wholesome

Yor learning to cook one meal her mother did was great

and Franky being romantically rejected is sad
Oct 22, 2022 9:16 AM

Dec 2020
good luck reading all of that.
this episode was really funny, yor going to camilas house to learn how to cook and the fact that camila hates her makes it even better. the fact that yuri got used to eating yor's deadly food and ends up finishing the meal even if he pukes each time he takes a bite while rest of the characters just faint. also that yor comes late everyday from her cooking session with her hands injured after the cuts and looking all gloomy and stuff, making her really suspicious when it turns out she was actually just trying to learn how to cook, which was a huge relief ngl it had all of the fans wondering if shes gonna get caught (i was watching the premiere in youtube soo yeah i saw the live reactions of others in the live chat). after she successfully made a tasty stew the episode took into another story, the fact that Kazuhiro Furuhashi managed to add another story in the episode while the story the yor cooking story is already good makes it even better. franky taking tips and tricks for dating the love of his life from loid was also funny, even after having loid examine him, he still got rejected but that made their friendship even greater, like loid understood that he was rejected when franky lied about how the date went fine and he successfully could invite her, and in the end loid made him happy by treating him with expensive liquors.
i actually didnt know what to write, but ended up writing a whole essay.

EDIT: ALSO I LIKE THE FACT THAT YOR ENDED UP MAKING HER MOTHERS STEW, AND JUST AFTER ADDING A BIT OF SOUR YURIS AND YORS REACTION WAS VERYYY WHOLESOMEEE <3333

SIDENOTE: THIS FAMILY IS THE BEST FAMILY IN ANIME.
DkPepprOct 22, 2022 9:42 AM
all friend requests are accepted, hopefully we can be friends! Also for my proper intro: click here

Oct 22, 2022 9:19 AM

Jan 2019
Poor Franky, Loid was a good friend to him.
And Yor's food is just... scary.
Oct 22, 2022 9:20 AM
Feb 2022
Its was very amazing episode as always 😊
Oct 22, 2022 9:20 AM

Mar 2020
Yuri and Franky in the same episode? Must be a dream. Yor finally was able to cook something non-lethal, and Loid and Franky had some good moments, especially at the end. Yet another awesome episode, although there wasn't much plot progression.
Oct 22, 2022 9:22 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Anya trying to get Bond to tell the future was amusing. Not sure foretelling is used that way. Wow that was quite the expression that Yor wore after shopping. Lol Camilla's other half sabotaging her. Nice to see Yuri again though. Yor's mishaps while learning to cook really was astounding. As was Yuri's determination to please his sis as well. But when she's actually helping and giving advice Camilla isn't a bad person per se. Being able to recreate their mom's prized dish though was a nice culmination of Yor's journey. While research is indeed one of the things integral for dates what Frankie did was more like stalking than anything. The convo flow chart was a nice idea. Overall a fun ep that did well to expand upon both Yor via her journey to learn to cook as well as Loid's help of his best bud in his romance journey which was a nice change of pace considering what happened last ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2022 9:23 AM

May 2015
Cooking lessons were really nice! :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 22, 2022 9:23 AM

Jan 2022
I'm so happy Franky is back! It's been a minute since we last saw him. I hope he finds someone to date, pobrecito. Annnnd Yor is back to cooking actual poison, amazing that Yuri eats it without any major issues or complaints. With her facial expression and cut up hands, I figured something went wrong during a murder, not something wholesome. It was cutting seeing a little Yuri and Yor flashback to their childhood. I wonder if we will ever get background stories about everyone, it would be nice to see that!!

edit: I don't understand why Loid doesn't ask about Yor anything about her personal life/ why she was arriving late
This never updates so that's cool
Oct 22, 2022 9:30 AM
Aug 2022
but who on Earth cooks like this😂😂😂😂😂😂
Oct 22, 2022 9:32 AM

Jun 2014
It's nice to see Yor get a win with improving her cooking and making something that Loid and Anya could stomach. Although that changed a couple moments later lol.

And poor Franky, striking out with women. I liked the sentimental moment between him and Loid at the end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 22, 2022 9:32 AM

Jun 2015
darn that ending slapped me in the face hard. I asked someone out at my local shop and they were nope. Embarrassing enough I walk an extra few mins to another local shop now. Them feels.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 22, 2022 9:35 AM

Aug 2019
It was adorable to see Yor learning to cook. She had a few cuts, but she was determined to learn.
Oct 22, 2022 9:35 AM

Mar 2010
Twas nb but also ng. It was just nice seeing them again keklolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 22, 2022 9:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm surprised that Yor managed to cook an edible dish, the training paid lol.
And poor Franky and his bad seduction skills :'(
Oct 22, 2022 9:39 AM

Nov 2021
Everything went from 0 to 100 seconds later, lol. This is why I enjoy the animated series so much; the murderous background music they inserted for each scene Yor was in for this episode was perfect.

My stomach hurts every time they show Yor knowing what this episode is about, and it's been a whole season since I heard that word, "LOTTIE," and I love how they stuck to the original by recycling the same "death scene" for Lottie and Anya, lol.

just thinking about Gordon Ramsay's reaction after tasting yor's original recipe.
Yuri is immune to most poisons 😂.

Oct 22, 2022 9:40 AM
Oct 2016
Yor is making some serious dedication to becoming a better cook. Her thinking Loid was actually on the toilet all day really effected Yor. She absolutely believes her cooking did that to him. Bless her heart but at least she's making a serious effort to get better. Its funny the misdirection we get at the start of this episode. All those serious shots of Yor and her walking around late at night and with all those cuts to her hands. Great subversion getting the viewer to think its about to be a serious assassin episode with Yor but nope we're cooking. Yor is great at her assassin job so or course she doesn't need help with that. Her cooking though has left a lot to be desired throughout the series thus far. So it's nice seeing Yor try and get better, along with her work colleague Camilla and Yuri joining along to taste test. Yuri getting ran through the ringer throwing up as soon as he's biting the food but still loving it cause its his sister's cooking. The memory flashbacks to their mom cooking for them was sweet. Remembering that good stew she made them and trying to replicate it. Leading to the first good dish that Yor has made this whole show. Franky little side story at the end of the episode was alright. Training with Loid to ask out a girl but naturally it doesn't work. Back to the kiddos next episode.
Oct 22, 2022 9:43 AM
Feb 2022
so far my favourite episode from this part. yor’s arc is the best !!
Oct 22, 2022 9:48 AM

Dec 2020
Lol i thought really yor killer look was something else but she just was trying her best in the cooking with a friend of her and her brother, was so funny.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 22, 2022 9:48 AM

Dec 2018

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Oct 22, 2022 9:50 AM

May 2022
An episode light on action but heavy on romantic comedy, the animators successfully conveyed the emotions of the characters and kept the plot moving. The stress on Yor as she pushes herself to be a real wife and mother, the emotions of Frankie and Loid drinking together in the bar: Spy x Family is a romance after all.
Oct 22, 2022 9:50 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was nice Yor trying to improve her cooking skills. But mastered one dish. Loid is ask by Afro dude for dating advice. Sadly it did not go the way he wanted it too. Anya knowing the result gives him a tap saying I am so sorry this has to happen to a nice guy like you.
Oct 22, 2022 9:54 AM
Sep 2022
I think this was first episode that totally focused on yor am I right!
Oct 22, 2022 9:55 AM

Sep 2021
My favorite episode of the season so far!
Yor's culinary training really made me want a Spy x Family cooking spinoff... and it was so sweet how happy she was about her cooking in the end. I also love how much of an insight it gave into Yor's family dynamic. You can tell a lot about a person from their favorite foods! That small moment of Camilla adding the sour cream in the style of where she's from was so relatable and a really nice touch. Even though her own recipe wasn't as much of a success, I know she'll reach her culinary dreams in the future. It's great to see her trying her best, so heartwarming~

I feel bad for Franky, that was...unfortunate.
Really happy with this season so far, I hope the momentum of great episodes continues~

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Oct 22, 2022 9:58 AM

Aug 2021
they did a really good job encapsulating the suspense at the beginning of the episode and the rest of the episode was fun and wholesome per usual
Oct 22, 2022 10:00 AM
Aug 2022
So much fun, really love the humor and jokes!
Oct 22, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2022
That cooking mission scared the hell out of me :D. This episode was so much fun! I love how you never know what to expect from Spy x Family. One day it´s a thriller, another a school story and then boom, it´s a bit of comedy and slice of life. I hope Franky is gonna find a good girl because we all know Loid has already found one ♥.

P.S. Yor´s brother was kinda cute this epi and loved that Camilla didn´t turn out to be a meanie, but a meanie with a good heart after all :)
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Oct 22, 2022 10:10 AM
Apr 2022
this ep is fire 🔥🔥🔥
Oct 22, 2022 10:11 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode its nice to see Yor cook something good and reminisce about her and Yuri's mom
Oct 22, 2022 10:12 AM

Jan 2021
Another amazing episode 👏

● Yor coming home like something has happened to her and doesn't even wanna tell Loid or Anya

● Yor keeping it an secret from them that she took cooking lessons privately to impress herself i think

● Franky wants to go on a date but doesn't know how to do it so he asks Loid for help, funny to see that, at the end the woman said no

● Good to see Yuri again, even though its only for being the person who needs to taste the food

● Yor knows now how to make an brew and Anya and Loid liked it but when she came with the dessert they both died lmfao

● They also showed how Yor & Yuri's mother cooked in the past, which was cute to see

Looking forward to the next ep
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

220 by JJR1971 »»
Apr 20, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

357 by Ittan_Momen »»
Apr 20, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

700 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

219 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.