Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Lol it's funny how Becky is trying to constantly pair up Anya and Damian.

We got a bunch of focus on George this episode, another student from Anya's school. Not a fan of him but he behaves exactly how youd expect. It's so amusing how they protrayed Yor in this episode with her job. That speed and dedication is no joke.
Nov 12, 2022 6:29 AM

May 2020
Kind of an obvious question who hired that clown.. I mean the spy who Loid met last episode, who just like him was there to alter test scores. So the answer, this mope kid, George Glooman. One thing led to another, and on his "supposed" last day at the school, he got one hell of a farewell. Ah that feeling when you know you won't see your mates and that familiar school building again*sob*

Except it wasn't anything like that.. a big pile of misunderstanding and now the kid will go down in history as the most embarrassed being ever born. Though this had me in stitches, was looking forward to this chapter getting adapted and they sure did the job.

Can’t recall if the second part was in the manga or not, or if they really did something original. But of course it doesn't negate the fact how airheaded Yor is and overly acrobatic.

Nightfall coming next time.
Softhenic03Nov 12, 2022 9:53 PM
Nov 12, 2022 6:30 AM

Jun 2019
Here we got to see another character, George who thought his family is gonna go broke. So... he enjoyed his last day at his school with all the kids helping him out but his dad's company was saved by Desmond. And, he became a laughingstock the next day. Poor kid.

Then, Mama Yoru's mission with her parkouring everywhere. That was super cool. She's such an awesome wife and a great mom. I love her so much.
Nov 12, 2022 7:25 AM

Oct 2017
Big F for the dude

Love Yor, that was so cool and adorable.
Nov 12, 2022 7:26 AM

Jul 2011
I like how the whole first half Anya was taking nothing of the bull that was transpiring in front of her, just doing enough for the mission. While everyone at some point got in the mood to sing, Anya just kept the straight man and said "Are you serious?".

Random Yor parkour never gets old. And always doing her best.
Nov 12, 2022 7:33 AM

May 2021
Feel really bad for that poor kid, he is in a much worse situation than if he was actually going to leave the school.

Nov 12, 2022 7:35 AM

Dec 2021
LMAO..
Anya gave him a leaf...
Nov 12, 2022 7:40 AM

Nov 2016
Childlike comprehension lead to the most embarassing misunderstanding ever. I would've transferred to a another school for real.

Yor had good intentions and went on a badass errand.

lmao @ delinquent Anya

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 12, 2022 7:44 AM

Jan 2018
Lol poor George.
Yor was so cute for what she did for Anya! Todays episode was really good I loved it.

Nov 12, 2022 7:52 AM

Dec 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Nightfall coming next time.

Finally and hopefully a reveal on who is going to voice her to see whether we are going to get an Oregairu reunion or something.
Nov 12, 2022 7:56 AM

Nov 2019
I can understand the confusion from George, still a kid after all, so can't understand all the things related to company management

Nov 12, 2022 7:56 AM

Dec 2020
"I can give you this leaf that i found on the ground"- Classic anya moment.

Yor being a airhead still being a good wife and good mother is one of the best qualities of her.
Loid and Yor moment at the end was wholesome.I want more of them.
Nov 12, 2022 7:59 AM
Oct 2020
I was waiting for that chapter to be adapted. They nailed it!
And the original part was also really well done.
Nov 12, 2022 8:06 AM

Nov 2013
Damn, in George's place I'd likely quit the school. Imagine returning after such cringe/embarrassment. Ouch... And he'll be remembered for it forever!
Nov 12, 2022 8:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Respect to the kid for being able to muster the courage and coming back to school, xD. God, that must’ve been awkward asf. It was nice to see the rich kids spare a thought for him though and give him a really nice farewell. Anya’s leaf being returned back in the final seconds of the first section of the episode was hilarious.

Yor-san deciding to just parlour her way to school because that’s obviously the fastest way was cool to watch, lol. She’s really going out of her way to be the motherly figure for Anya and that’s just beautiful to watch. Funny seeing little cat and mouse scene between the two, as well. Too bad it wasn’t the day of P.E. Loid treating her to some lunch afterwards was pleasing to see.

Seeing some hype here for the next Ep, I wonder what that’s all about.
_MushiRock11_Nov 12, 2022 8:15 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 12, 2022 8:10 AM

Mar 2021
Love how determined Yor was to get Anya's PE kit to her and her Parkour Skills are amazing
Nov 12, 2022 8:10 AM

Jun 2014
All of those nice things the kids did for George was because of a huge misunderstanding. How humiliating if you're in George's position lol.

Yor went all out trying to bring Anya's PE clothes only for it to have been pointless. Looks like both parts of today's episode revolved around things being done out of misunderstanding lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 12, 2022 8:17 AM
Jan 2022
This ep was too much amusing to me! Love it 💯
Nov 12, 2022 8:18 AM
Sep 2021
Decent episode, the 2nd part was a lot funny than the 1st but it depicted the school life events of anya and her classmates.
I give it 5/10.
Nov 12, 2022 8:36 AM

Oct 2015
George holy fuck, that suck
Nov 12, 2022 8:54 AM
Jan 2018
greatly executed all the events from the manga altough i don't remember the spider lady thing with Yor bringing Anya's P.E. uniform
Nov 12, 2022 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
Is there actually any plot progression in this series or….
Nov 12, 2022 8:56 AM

Feb 2021
So one of my favorite moments from the manga finally gets animated.

The whole thing with George was pretty much as funny as it was in the manga.
Nov 12, 2022 8:58 AM
Sep 2015
Gotta love Anya reaction when everyone start singing. Episode that happen in school is funny, but the problem is Loid and Yor (and Bond) have limited activity there since outsider is not allowed in school. The second part is trying to solve a problem by making a situation that force Yor to go to school. But it's gonna be a separate world until something big happen. By the way, it's great to see those animals again.
Nov 12, 2022 9:04 AM

Oct 2021
Fiona finally appearing next episode!
sugarboy681 said:
greatly executed all the events from the manga altough i don't remember the spider lady thing with Yor bringing Anya's P.E. uniform

Second half is original content
Nov 12, 2022 9:06 AM

Oct 2022
What a dramatic farewell just for him to come to school the next day anyway lol
Second half was also very amusing poor Yor going all the way for nothing.
Nov 12, 2022 9:07 AM
Jun 2016
It was around these 2 past episodes (and consequently these 4 chapters of the manga back when I read it) that I started to realize that this is not longer a show about momentum. It kinda plateaus here and you really get to see just how hit or miss the humor can be when it just becomes more like a by-the-numbers gag anime. What made the first season really great was how all the moments of gags were a part of something bigger. It all felt connected and you get to really see that personal evolution up close. Yet this episode in particular feels like the show is stalling for time to get to something better or establishing memorable or important characters that will be vital in later story sections.

Semi-Review of the future of the show's direction below:
Well, not really... This chasm of direction will continue to unfortunately be the defacto direction the show will continue to go for the foreseeable future. Spinning its narrative wheels, introducing bland and completely innocuous characters, and not really meaningfully progressing the mission nor really any of the character's arcs.

That's fine for a gag series but unfortunate for the opening premise of the show and the great cadence and sense of motivating stakes the cast had to work around. Even the occasional multi-episode "plot" arcs contain barely anything that builds on the story nor has anything more complex than "stop the saturday-morning-cartoon spy villain" only they're a little meaner. Nothing about what I've seen or read up through this point actually made me interested in the "will the mission succeed" stakes (barring two moments that have yet to have any continuation or closure) and it straight-up forgets that half of it is a SPY show. Even the parts that have those spy elements lack any of the wit or tension you'd expect from a spy show. I'm patient and hopeful, but boy does this manga feel like it's been going on forever and getting nowhere and it's yet to even top the "getting Anya into the Academy" arc.
Nov 12, 2022 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty funny episode.Loved how Becky trying to ship Anya and Damian.

Also George got a focus in this chapter.He is the one who hired the spy.His misunderstandings caused him to be embarassed so much.

Next part of the episode seems to be Anime original.Yor and Loid are such good parents to Anya..

Seems like we will see Nightfall next episode...

Nov 12, 2022 9:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The kids are kind and cruel!!!! kekeke
Nov 12, 2022 9:09 AM

Jan 2009
funny first half of the episode with that kid George

and Yor got some sakuga action in the second half awesome

next episode Nightfall aka Fiona is finally here
Nov 12, 2022 9:13 AM
Dec 2019
George really assumed his father's company's situation and then asked for too many things from everyone. Now everyone is mad that he lied to them. Yor's parkour was epic and the spider woman thing lol.
Nov 12, 2022 9:13 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What a cool way to recover a falling flower pot.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 12, 2022 9:18 AM
May 2021
great episode, loved the original content with yor, cant wait to see nightfall next week
Nov 12, 2022 9:19 AM

Feb 2019
Lmaoooo the entire George situation had me dead as fuck man. Definitely one of my fave skits they’ve done in the show. Him showing up at school the next day and everyone wanting the money they spent back.. priceless lol
Nov 12, 2022 9:22 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm having the kids learn to do cleanup and do some good for the community is a nice skill to impart on them. Kinda surprising that a school full of rich kids would have this though. Ah so the sponsor for that incompetant spy last ep is revealed. The song that the class sung for George was pretty cute and warm despite his almost villanous self that he shown them prior. Hillarious in that he completly misread the situation. Damm that was some excellent reaction speed from Yor. Not to mention her speedrun along the rooftops to get to the school. Kudo's for her ability to adapt though. Though the results were unexpected the lunch with Loid sure made up for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2022 9:23 AM

Mar 2010
Felt like filler but twas nb.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 12, 2022 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
Haha, the Glooman's chapter was adapted so beautifully comic
Nov 12, 2022 9:28 AM

Jul 2017
The insert song was dope and Yor's sequence there was nice to watch, but this episode is definitely one of the weakest of the whole first season so far, feels like the series recently has been somewhat going through the motions with the 2-3 parter episodes. Not that they're terrible by any means since I still am somewhat liking this part, but I have been a little disengaged with this part since the first bunch of episodes for this part that were a lot more action-packed and story-driven. The manga also has phases like this, some being great and some being a bit flat/forgettable like this current one.

Next episode looks a lot more promising though, hopefully the series can get me a bit more hyped and energized again.
Nov 12, 2022 9:31 AM
Nov 2019
war ne nice episode
Nov 12, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2017
This was probably the only episode of the series so far that I didn't like at all. The first half was unbelievably predictable, and I feel the whole episode could have been cut and nothing of value would have been lost. Still gets some points for that Yor running sequence.
*laughs in Dimple*
Nov 12, 2022 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
The revenge plot against Damian may be critical, but so is Anya just barely surviving her tests. This Frankenstein-looking boy George Glooman trying to displease Damian; Anya's misunderstanding that Loid fought with his father, sure caused a ruckus. But George, man, he would try ALL ways to place Damian as the scapegoat, but nothing goes through Anya, ready to defend him. It's all games, boys n' girls. But the fact that George's family went under because of the Desmond Group, it's going too far to drag the successors into this.

His last day in school was a pity that has everyone supporting him, and Anya's words are spoken like an anthem. Delighting this salty kid with his last wishes, paired with giftings from everyone as he makes his way out of Eden College. But the fact of the matter is that George's family business is just being bought out, and the son retains his presence in Eden College. LMAO when everyone was asking for their giftings back.

Yor's segment is anime-original, and is the highlight of a mom trying to reach to her make-belief daughter through unconventional means to hand Anya stuff that she forogt to bring to school. It always seems like a game of hide-and-seek, but Yor essentially wasted her time doing Sakuga to hand Anya her gym clothes that she doesn't need since there wasn't any gym class.

Fiona a.k.a Nightfall will descend next week!
Nov 12, 2022 9:43 AM

May 2015
This episode was so good! The first part with George was pretty interesting, with him being Daybreaks benefactor and his reasons behind doing that. I feel for the poor boy when it turns out all of his self-pity was for naught and he earned the disappointment of his entire class. The Second-Half is also great because it's always good to get more Yor. Her parkour to the school was very cool!
Nov 12, 2022 9:49 AM

Aug 2021
second half of the episode carried
Nov 12, 2022 9:54 AM
Oct 2016
Anya standing up for Damian what a twist! Although she does need him to stay in school so the mission can be successful. But it still is shocking to see Anya of all people defend him. The tale of George is a sad one, his father's company forced into bankruptcy by Damian dad company. George will probably have to be sold into slavery in the west, lose everything, never feel happiness again, and suffer the rest of his life. At least that the idea George made up in his mind. Reality isn't that bad, his dads company just got absorbed by the Desmond company that's all. His dad won't have as much power in the new company but he'll still have a good job. George went through all that for nothing and it was hilarious. Totally making everyone feel sorry for him and say goodbye just for him to arrive all the same the next day. Total craziness all things considered. George got totally embarrassed from it.

Yor made some wrong assumptions too. Thinking that Anya had forgotten something important when in fact Anya knew exactly what she was doing. Still it was fun seeing Yor zoom to Anya school and jumping around trying to find Anya. All to discover that it wad unneeded. Assuming worst case scenario can lead to some funny moments.
Nov 12, 2022 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
The second half of the episode was quite cool, the first one was meh. Yor showed us one of her assassin's ability that is parkour. I vote for her to be the main character for the coming Assassin's Creed project called red lmao
Nov 12, 2022 9:56 AM

May 2019
Good for Anya for sticking up for Damien even if he said he could've handled it himself, that's how to win favor over time and eventually get an opportunity to go to his house.

Meanwhile Yor has a big misunderstanding and she learns that she should check Anya's schedule before jumping to conclusions. At least Loid was appreciative for her caring and concern, and they both got a lunch date out of it.
Nov 12, 2022 9:57 AM

May 2020
Yor out there doing parkour
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Nov 12, 2022 9:58 AM

Aug 2019
Didn't really enjoy the 1st half, but the 2nd half focused on Yor made up for it

Nov 12, 2022 10:01 AM
Aug 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
Respect to the kid for being able to muster the courage and coming back to school

Absolutely. I figured he'd become hikikomori after that. The situation has all the hallmarks. Still, he had the chutzpah to guilt-trip everyone into about six hours of great memories, and it didn't end up with a visit to Eris a la Kazuma. He'll still end up with memories - just the type that keep the psychiatrists paid.
Nov 12, 2022 10:11 AM

Nov 2020
Zeemod155 said:
It was around these 2 past episodes (and consequently these 4 chapters of the manga back when I read it) that I started to realize that this is not longer a show about momentum. It kinda plateaus here and you really get to see just how hit or miss the humor can be when it just becomes more like a by-the-numbers gag anime. What made the first season really great was how all the moments of gags were a part of something bigger. It all felt connected and you get to really see that personal evolution up close. Yet this episode in particular feels like the show is stalling for time to get to something better or establishing memorable or important characters that will be vital in later story sections.

Semi-Review of the future of the show's direction below:
Well, not really... This chasm of direction will continue to unfortunately be the defacto direction the show will continue to go for the foreseeable future. Spinning its narrative wheels, introducing bland and completely innocuous characters, and not really meaningfully progressing the mission nor really any of the character's arcs.

That's fine for a gag series but unfortunate for the opening premise of the show and the great cadence and sense of motivating stakes the cast had to work around. Even the occasional multi-episode "plot" arcs contain barely anything that builds on the story nor has anything more complex than "stop the saturday-morning-cartoon spy villain" only they're a little meaner. Nothing about what I've seen or read up through this point actually made me interested in the "will the mission succeed" stakes (barring two moments that have yet to have any continuation or closure) and it straight-up forgets that half of it is a SPY show. Even the parts that have those spy elements lack any of the wit or tension you'd expect from a spy show. I'm patient and hopeful, but boy does this manga feel like it's been going on forever and getting nowhere and it's yet to even top the "getting Anya into the Academy" arc.

Can't say I disagree, my expectations for this show have lowered quite a bit even though it is still cute and harmless enough. I genuinely loved the first six episodes, being ridiculous but having a good balance of heart/humor plus a solid sense of forward momentum. The heart and humor are still there for the most part, but outside of the mini Bond arc and the stand-out dodge-ball episode, the show has felt like it's been spinning its wheels ever since Anya punched Damien. On one hand, it is nice to be able to escape the stresses of everyday life with a comfy little family comedy once a week, but I'm really hoping actual plot progression sneaks its way back into the show again. Judging by the preview we might just be getting that since it showed that mysterious new woman from the ending. Either way, this is still a perfectly fine and charming show, but it'd be nice for it to prove that the magic from the early episodes wasn't just a fluke.
Are ya winning, diners?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

220 by JJR1971 »»
Apr 20, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

357 by Ittan_Momen »»
Apr 20, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

700 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

219 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

255 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 11, 10:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.