Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Couple of Cuckoos
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Even though Nagi and the others are back from their trip, it seems he still has a lot on his mind.

Not going to lie, this episode felt kinda strange seeing Nagi hanging out with everyone, and even more weird seeing Hiro playing a video game. Glad to see that he's still getting along with Erika in the end.
Sep 24, 2022 11:10 AM

May 2022
I just went to go watch this episode on crunchyroll and there are no subtitles. Is anyone having that same problem? Subtitles are working properly for all my other shows, it’s weird.
Sep 24, 2022 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
Nagi really likes to be naked lol. Erika bathing was hot. Erika and Hiro sure enjoyed their time.
Sep 24, 2022 11:18 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Segawa tells Nagi she feels Sachi is in love with him...
Sachi is angry she told him that. Though she can't deny it exactly xD.
Meanwhile, Nagi has become one with nature! Erika enters the bath alongside him!
When Nagi stands up, she recognises he is naked! It seems she is wearing a swimsuit lol.
They decide sleeping arrangements for the night and Segawa suggests drawing numbers.
It seems Nagi is sleeping with Sachi!
Erika and Segawa are playing twister.
Segawa hasn't ever met her fiancee before...
She asks Erika if she isn't interested in Nagi if she can have him!
But before Erika can say anything, Segawa is asleep!
Nagi is having trouble sleeping and Sachi also isn't sleeping either.
The next day, Erika remembers that she was once in this place with her brother.
The twister game and bubble bath seem to be fairly new and Nagi suggests searching for more clues of her brother in the house.
The Mario Bros rip off game looked funny lol. Erika notices the save data was updated 3 days ago!
Nagi runs off but Erika stops him and tells him not to try find her brother!
She is scared of not knowing how to face him if she sees him.
Nagi pulls her back and says when she sees him he will be with her.
They then go around asking people if they have seen someone who resembles her brother for a while.
Unfortunately, no one seems to have seen him though...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 24, 2022 11:22 AM

May 2020
This brother plot is so misleading that even an ounce of thought is enough to corrupt the functioning of braincells. Anyways not like they got any results.

Just a week more and finally we'll be over with this.
Sep 24, 2022 11:24 AM

Jul 2017
Man, Hiro is playing on Sachi's emotions by telling her that she may have feelings for Nagi, but this could bring about repercussions if went ahead.

Then again, Nagi and Erika naked in the same bath? Who would've thought lols? But it's actually just Nagi whom's gone completely naked and Erika is at least clothed in her swimsuit. And there's 2 beds in the vacation house, and the siblings share one bed together, while both Hiro and Erika indulge in the amenities given. On the topic of Nagi, it looks like Hiro isn't gonna play nice, and especially to Erika if she's not interested in him that she would take him instead. On Sachi's side, aside from the cramped space that Nagi got, it's clear that she was frazzled.

Erika was definitely sure that her older brother Sosuke was around, and both the game and bubble mix are clues to it. But the game console was the one that affirmed her suspicions, and despite Nagi going out of his way to help her, she feels terrified if she were to see him for the first time in a long while, which they didn't manage to.

The 1-hr finale next week, and will humble myself to see how this ends.
Sep 24, 2022 11:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm while Hiro moving ahead with her plans was one that caught Sachi out Hiro's reasoning did make sense. Relationships are things that are always in flux after all. That outdoor bath though had such a perfect view of the sea. Though spiders are creepy that was one hell of a summary that Nagi provided. Nice bonding moment between Hiro and Erika though. Given recent events its a given that neither Nagi or Sachi will get any sleep when next to each other. The conflicting feelings that Erika has really is making her search that much more complicated. Curious whether will will actually meet him though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2022 12:02 PM

Feb 2019
Things are realllly getting spicy. I love Hiro but it’s messed up how she snitched on sachi like that. That’s something that sachi should have been able to come out with when she’s ready

I do like how Hiro is trying to position herself as the closest to Nagi, getting sachi and Erika out the way. “Is it ok if I have Nagi then” loving the bold energy.

“No relationship stays the same forever” was really the theme of the episode and probably going to be the main theme going forward. Hiro realises her feelings, Sachi is starting to accept hers and want more, Nagi is starting to see Erika as more than a roommate, etc. I can’t wait to see the hour long finale next week.

“I’ll go with you to meet him” how can you go meet yourself silly, lol. I’m definitely seeing the nisekoi parallels now. It had never occurred to me that Hiro fiancé could be Nagi, no idea how I missed that.
Marinate1016Sep 24, 2022 12:07 PM
Sep 24, 2022 12:48 PM

May 2021
Sachi saying disgusting to Nagi's thoughts of incest. Hmmm....

Sep 24, 2022 12:51 PM
Jul 2022
It is a good episode
Sep 24, 2022 1:15 PM

Dec 2012
This isn't going to get a closure is it
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 24, 2022 1:15 PM
Apr 2018
Ah... it's probably going to happen in next episode... the scene that Hiro

Glad they'll get to adapt that within this season, so now the anime-only fans will understand why the manga readers hate Hiro so much.
RomangeloSep 24, 2022 1:20 PM
Sep 24, 2022 1:17 PM
Jul 2022
mid fucking anime holy fk
Sep 24, 2022 1:37 PM
Oct 2018
Hiro is going full manipulative mode, playing mind games with the other girls to get what she wants. She’s obviously the smartest but also the least likable. Well I guess for us anime-onlys, some big bombs are going to drop in next week’s finale.
Sep 24, 2022 2:11 PM
Feb 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Things are realllly getting spicy. I love Hiro but it’s messed up how she snitched on sachi like that. That’s something that sachi should have been able to come out with when she’s ready

I do like how Hiro is trying to position herself as the closest to Nagi, getting sachi and Erika out the way. “Is it ok if I have Nagi then” loving the bold energy.

“No relationship stays the same forever” was really the theme of the episode and probably going to be the main theme going forward. Hiro realises her feelings, Sachi is starting to accept hers and want more, Nagi is starting to see Erika as more than a roommate, etc. I can’t wait to see the hour long finale next week.

“I’ll go with you to meet him” how can you go meet yourself silly, lol. I’m definitely seeing the nisekoi parallels now. It had never occurred to me that Hiro fiancé could be Nagi, no idea how I missed that.

She didn't "snitch" anything she made an educated guess. And a really obvious one, too. That isn't snitching.
Sep 24, 2022 2:12 PM
Feb 2021
90293otaku said:
Hiro is going full manipulative mode, playing mind games with the other girls to get what she wants. She’s obviously the smartest but also the least likable. Well I guess for us anime-onlys, some big bombs are going to drop in next week’s finale.

How is she playing mind games? She's been completely upfront with both of them.
Sep 24, 2022 2:20 PM

Feb 2019
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Marinate1016 said:

She didn't "snitch" anything she made an educated guess. And a really obvious one, too. That isn't snitching.

She did snitch because she told Nagi. It would be an educated guess if she just kept that to herself. I see you getting upset with anyone who dare criticise your waifu in the comments based on your response to me and the other dude. Learn what “snitching” means before commenting on my posts.
Sep 24, 2022 2:33 PM

Feb 2011
Was hoping Sachi would snuggle up on Nagi at the end.. but oh well. Best Girl will have her time.

Sep 24, 2022 2:43 PM
Feb 2021
Marinate1016 said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

She did snitch because she told Nagi. It would be an educated guess if she just kept that to herself. I see you getting upset with anyone who dare criticise your waifu in the comments based on your response to me and the other dude. Learn what “snitching” means before commenting on my posts.

I don't know if the anime cut it, but in the manga she just said that it "seemed" like Sachi had feelings for Nagi. Not anything concrete. "Seemed". If I tell someone that it "seems" a person likes them, that's not snitching. I'm not revealing anything I know to be true or have been told to keep secret. I'm providing my own insight into what I observe. It's not like Sachi said "I like Nagi don't tell him" or even "I like Nagi". She refuses to even accept that she HAS feelings. Why is Hiro under any obligation to not share that it seems like Nagi's little sister likes him? You don't think that would be information that an older brother might want to know, that it looks like his little sister has feelings for him? If, for no other reason than to nip it in the bud before they develop too far?

And yes I will defend Hiro, because so many people here seem to twist everything she does into being manipulative or shady without any justification while giving Sachi and Erika a pass on their terrible behavior.
Sep 24, 2022 2:59 PM

Oct 2020
the brother subplot is so unnecessary...

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Sep 24, 2022 4:15 PM
Feb 2021
CHT13 said:
I just went to go watch this episode on crunchyroll and there are no subtitles. Is anyone having that same problem? Subtitles are working properly for all my other shows, it’s weird.

that's been happening non stop on the mobile app
Sep 24, 2022 4:24 PM

May 2022
IchaboinkerI said:
CHT13 said:

that's been happening non stop on the mobile app
it took about an hour before it corrected itself. I use an Amazon fire stick and apps like Netflix and Hulu work without any issues but crunchyroll and HIDIVE I struggle with constantly.
Sep 24, 2022 5:12 PM

Jan 2021
Out of the main cast, Erika is the only one that even has a slight chance at being likeable (Nagi is a close second, but Erika more so). I may be biased, but every week is just a reminder of how much I dislike Hiro and Sachi.

Sep 24, 2022 7:04 PM

Feb 2021
Hiro went on the offensive today, asking Erika and Sachi if she could have Nagi for herself. Hoping that there is more progression in the next few episodes so we can have a satisfying finale.
Sep 24, 2022 10:26 PM
Mar 2015
Erika does not want to search for brother
Sep 24, 2022 10:48 PM

Feb 2021
Great episode

Hope we get to see sosuke soon!!

It's pretty good that we might get to see amano san developing feelings for umino kun !!
HIro chan coming bold and sachi acting all tsundere
best episode !

Sep 24, 2022 11:05 PM

Jul 2021
Finally a good episode. Been so long.

Hiro has started to sabotage now, trying to get Nagi all to himself even though there's no way she can actually be with him. Her telling Nagi that Sachi might have crush on him was not cool, Sachi should at least have a chance to confess.

These "comedic" scenes involving Nagi are more cringe than comedy to be honest.

The outside bath scene seemed so sus until we realise Erica is in swisuit and it's only Nagi who's naked and getting ideas hahah.

Sachi was complaining but internally she must have been happy lol, I mean this was the first time they slept in the same room since Nagi moved out from his parent's home.

Hiro is not shying away from making Erica and Sachi know that she's after Nagi, she's the most aggressive one among them but it's of no use really. I still don't like her. Erica still seems like the best choice for Nagi.

And finally they are close to finding the older brother, just 2 episodes left. They better give a conclusive ending what all loose ends tied and everything taken care of as they have dragged this for too long. If they end this on a cliffhanger I'm gonna rate this so low.

This episode was an improvement from the episodes we have been getting for the past few weeks, not a single boring part, huge improvement.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 24, 2022 11:06 PM

Aug 2017
SaintZeph said:
the brother subplot is so unnecessary...

Yeah I'm not feeling it.

Harem ending and conclude it, I say.
Sep 24, 2022 11:46 PM

May 2019
I liked this episode but with the last episode approaching I'm concerned that we won't get proper closure. I agree with TsutanaiFuun that Sachi was probably secretly enjoying sleeping with Nagi in the same bed lol.

I do like Hiro's more aggressive nature in the last few episodes but she did kind of try sabotaging Sachi by telling Nagi about her feelings but Sachi also tried sabotaging Hiro by inviting her to their house so they're kind of even lol (It may be entertaining if they got into a catfight while Erika makes a move).

Anyways, the secret brother angle is a bit annoying and whose to say the items weren't planted by Nagi's biological father to mess with their heads. If this ends in a cliffhanger I will rate it lower...
Sep 25, 2022 1:36 AM

May 2015
One half of compilation of romcom tropes...

The second half is more serious and interesting.
Sep 25, 2022 4:30 AM

Jun 2019
I'm confused. I was pretty sure that Sosuke and Nagi were one and the same, but the height markings make it clear Sosuke did exist (and from the height difference is a few years older) and looks like he was at the vacation home a few days before, although that could be the dad playing tricks, maybe.

Segawa seems to be the only person who understands how they all feel. She's clued onto the fact that Sachi and Erika have feelings for Nagi, but also asked Erika "if you're not interested can I have Nagi" showing she is interested in him. Personally i don't mind Segawa being more forward, it's clear Nagi has liked her for ages so it's not like she's forcing him. If she likes him more power to the girl for going after what she wants, especially given that Nagi is engaged and she has the whole shrine thing to deal with. Taking fate into your own hands is admirable. That said i like Sachi out of the 3 of them, mostly because of her cute char design, not because she's a little sister.

I also thought Segawa was engaged to the shrine, that's what she told Nagi earlier on in the show, but she talked about a person with Erika saying she hadn't met him.

Now I'm wondering if Sosuke has become a priest and that's why Nagi's dad says he only has one son, can priests not inherit or something, or is Sosuke the one who's engaged to Segawa, that would be a good twist. I've seen people say Nagi could be Segawa's finacee, but how could that be given Nagi's parents agreed to match him with Erika?

I can't see this all getting resolved in the last double length episode, so really hope we get a S2. This has been a top level trashy rom-com (any show where I'm here on the episode discussions shows me I'm quite invested, and looking up theories on google to see what happens in the manga. I only do that if i like a show), only Girlfriend Girlfriend has been better.
23feanorSep 25, 2022 4:49 AM
Sep 25, 2022 6:36 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nagi’s nude jacuzzi bit was great, and they really got us by making us think Erika hopped in nude too lol, Erika got a face full of Nagi ass as a result lol. And Sachi confronting Segawa on why she told Nagi that she loves him was interesting, and it is true that relationships generally don’t stay the same, it definitely makes sense that she’d change her mind. I also really enjoyed Segawa and Erika goofing around together playing “twisty” and taking a giant bubble bath, I would like to be visited by the bubble monster lol. Things got a bit serious tho when they were chilling on the bed and Segawa asks if she can have Nagi since Erika isn’t interested in her engagement like she says, which is once again a valid thing to say giving what Erika has said.

Later we start getting more clues on Erika’s brother, and it looks like he was just at the vacation house a few days prior because of a save file on a game, and Erika also starts to notice she’s been forgetting things she shouldn’t be forgetting, definitely helps the Hotel King memory wipe theory. After looking around the town for a while with no luck, we get a wholesome moment between Erika and Nagi on the beach once again, beaches bring us all closer together lol. Also loved Nagi’s onee-chan Segawa fantasy, that rocked.

And I know there’s two episodes left but I’ve heard that next week is a double airing, if so I’ll say this has been a really damn good Romcom imo, just really loved this one all the way through.
Sep 25, 2022 9:00 AM
Jul 2020
hiro is so manipulative. i dont really like her. erika is literally the best girl.
Sep 25, 2022 10:18 AM

Apr 2017
con el rumbo y desarrollo que esta teniendo actualemten el manga había olvidado que estaba buscando a su hermano XD
Si no tienes recuerdos felices, nunca es tarde para comenzar a construirlos.

<<< o >>>
Sep 25, 2022 10:47 AM

Aug 2015
I'm starting to get bored
Sep 25, 2022 1:13 PM

Feb 2020
Just thought I'd drop it now before I forget. I have this theory that Erica's brother is Segawa's fiancé. Even we manga readers don't know that for sure and there haven't been any clues. It's just my hunch.
Sep 25, 2022 4:53 PM

Nov 2012
Softhenic03 said:
Just a week more and finally we'll be over with this.

I feel like I'm waiting to be put out of my misery. I really need this to end.

Alex796 said:
Just thought I'd drop it now before I forget. I have this theory that Erica's brother is Segawa's fiancé. Even we manga readers don't know that for sure and there haven't been any clues. It's just my hunch.

I had the same thought. Hope we're wrong.

Sep 25, 2022 5:54 PM

Sep 2011
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Marinate1016 said:

I don't know if the anime cut it, but in the manga she just said that it "seemed" like Sachi had feelings for Nagi. Not anything concrete. "Seemed". If I tell someone that it "seems" a person likes them, that's not snitching. I'm not revealing anything I know to be true or have been told to keep secret. I'm providing my own insight into what I observe. It's not like Sachi said "I like Nagi don't tell him" or even "I like Nagi". She refuses to even accept that she HAS feelings. Why is Hiro under any obligation to not share that it seems like Nagi's little sister likes him? You don't think that would be information that an older brother might want to know, that it looks like his little sister has feelings for him? If, for no other reason than to nip it in the bud before they develop too far?

And yes I will defend Hiro, because so many people here seem to twist everything she does into being manipulative or shady without any justification while giving Sachi and Erika a pass on their terrible behavior.

Just ignore Marinate. They don't have any desire to actually discuss anything related to shows they watch. They just want to come into the forum, say their opinion and assume everyone blindly agrees with them.
Sep 25, 2022 7:20 PM
Aug 2018
I thought the show kicked it into high gear all of a sudden with that tub scene, but the show just baited us, lol
Sep 25, 2022 7:21 PM
Aug 2018
Of course he got the room with Sachi...
and how this big ass house not have more than 2 rooms with a bed?
Sep 25, 2022 11:15 PM

Aug 2018
Yes, Hiro told Nagi that Sachi might have feelings for him. Nagi got into the jacuzzi and after a while Erika came in, the thing is that she was in a bathing suit and Nagi was naked xd. After choosing who to sleep with, Hiro told Erika something regarding Nagi, hmm. We see that they were going to play Wii xd, and there was a saved game before they arrived, and it may be from Sousuke, Nagi's brother. Nagi went to look for it together with Erika, but they didn't find it.
It looks like the next chapter will be 1 hour long, which will probably be separated into 2 chapters. Let's see how it will end.

Here, many images xd

Sep 26, 2022 3:08 AM
Oct 2018
Jeez just get on with it, there's been no reveals lately so either we're going to blast through plot points like crazy or this season is going to be left hanging mid way even though it had plenty of time with 24 episodes. Probably the latter
Sep 26, 2022 4:26 AM

Feb 2015
the whole brother storyline is absolutely tanking this show. it's so I unnecessary. it's definitely been going downhill in the last few weeks.

Hiro is also turning out to be rather toxic which is a shame as she seemed ok earlier in the series.
Sep 26, 2022 5:10 AM
Jul 2017
Sachi is so cute this episode.
Sep 26, 2022 5:26 AM
Oct 2019
Bruhh Nagi really naked in that jacuzzi? wtf

we are almost in the end and the brother sub plot going nowhere? this is become so infuriating to watch.
Sep 26, 2022 6:11 AM
Apr 2018
I feel a bit related to Nagi as a fellow nudist.

Other than that, I can't stand him as a character.
Sep 26, 2022 12:09 PM
Nov 2021
I liked the nice house they lived in.
My Candies :
Sep 26, 2022 1:13 PM

May 2018
lmao the censors are so stupid
Sep 26, 2022 5:57 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well, there are the inconveniences of being the only boy in a house surrounded by girls xD
It feels like the brother is a ghost at this point
Sep 26, 2022 9:54 PM
Feb 2021
Crashmatt said:
the whole brother storyline is absolutely tanking this show. it's so I unnecessary. it's definitely been going downhill in the last few weeks.

Hiro is also turning out to be rather toxic which is a shame as she seemed ok earlier in the series.

How is she toxic? Specifically. So far she seems to be doing the best she can given her circumstances.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Was anyone else hoping, for more?

SofiaBulga - Nov 15, 2022

8 by Mainblocks »»
Apr 17, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2022

72 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

129 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:31 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 6

5 by baymaxemon »»
Mar 12, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

45 by claymorwan »»
Mar 5, 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.