Forum Settings
Forums

Broadcast of 'Isekai Ojisan' TV Anime Postponed [Update 9/9]

New
Sep 2, 2022 12:13 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Isekai Ojisan (Uncle from Another World) television anime announced on Friday that the broadcast will be delayed from episode eight onwards due to the impact of COVID-19 on the production. The anime will rebroadcast previous episodes for the month of September. The new premiere date for episode eight will be announced at a later time.

Rebroadcast Schedule for September
Episode 3: September 7
Episode 4: September 14
Episode 5: September 21
Episode 6: September 28

The anime previously postponed the fifth episode's release date in August by two weeks. Following the rebroadcast of the first two episodes on August 3 and 10, the fifth episode aired on August 17.

The anime series—directed by Shigeki Kawai (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen assistant director) at AtelierPontdarc—premiered on July 6. Netflix began streaming the anime worldwide on July 20.

Isekai Ojisan adapts Hotondo Shindeiru's comedy fantasy manga, which began serializing on the ComicWalker web manga portal in June 2018. Kadokawa published the eighth compiled volume on August 20. Yen Press licensed the manga in English in November 2020 and released the fifth volume on August 9.

Source: Game Watch

Update September 9
The official website of the Isekai Ojisan (Uncle from Another World) television anime announced further delay due to COVID-19 on Friday. The anime will begin rebroadcasting from the first episode on October 6. The eighth episode is now scheduled to premiere on November 25 at 1:35 a.m.

Source: animate Times
VindstotSep 8, 2022 11:11 PM

Sep 2, 2022 12:18 AM

Jul 2015
So, the official cause is "COVID", huh?

Sep 2, 2022 12:23 AM

Apr 2016
Oh yeah, sure. Ofc its the covid reason ... and not the director ...

Imagine being double delayed because of netflix, lmao.
Sep 2, 2022 12:48 AM
Oct 2021
I dont even know if I should side with them since they say its due to Covid or be annoyed since other studios are doing just fine.
Sep 2, 2022 12:49 AM

Feb 2014
Another case of covid gaslighting, better off just posting the rebroadcast schedule. Stop parroting bullshit public excuses as news updates pls

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Sep 2, 2022 1:49 AM
Jan 2020
People are genuinely retarded here lmao, there's like left and right VA's getting COVID recently
Sep 2, 2022 1:50 AM

Jun 2014
Well that's unfortunate. And I was really enjoying this one too.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 2, 2022 1:59 AM

Apr 2016
Ronninn said:
People are genuinely retarded here lmao, there's like left and right VA's getting COVID recently

Instead of calling people retarded, go and find out what's happening with the team thats making this, catastrophe of a production anime.
Sep 2, 2022 2:07 AM

Apr 2012
Uncle was able to defeat the isekai, but COVID was stronger.
Sep 2, 2022 2:10 AM

Jan 2009
A director who left the production at the very last moment rightfully blamed their complete inability to provide any *external* staff members to get their episode made, then the public excuse is the spread of a disease that would be an internal issue in the production/studio. Hm!

Not to say that covid hasnt gotten in the way of anime productions because it *has* been a major reason behind many delays - though most of those were more major & not publicly acknowledged for the most part. Even as it continues to be an issue, it's been twisted into a PR shield

Committees don't like to even directly acknowledge dogshit planning despite that being the norm for TV anime, so having a widely understood "reasonable excuse" for a delay (as if quality & staff welbeing wasn't already enough) has been pretty handy for them lately

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1565544698739134464
Sep 2, 2022 2:22 AM

May 2020
And Covid became that go-to excuse now, because yeah no one can say anything against it.
Sep 2, 2022 3:08 AM

Jul 2015
Ronninn said:
People are genuinely r******d here lmao, there's like left and right VA's getting COVID recently

Well, doing an exact minimum of research will show you, that there is a huge drama within the studio, which obviously affects production, like director literally quitting in the last second. On top of that, vaccines are already a thing and they are effective, so using COVID as an excuse is quite dubious.

Also, nice slur right there.

Sep 2, 2022 4:25 AM

Feb 2021
Well that's quite sad, I can't think of a single other show that had production problems this big, not even WEP suffered like this.
Sep 2, 2022 5:35 AM

Oct 2018
excuse me, what the fuck? This is the only good show in this season, but COVID is an excuse now, huh?

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Sep 2, 2022 5:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Definitely a pity but the show's been such a blast that I'm willing to play the patient card.

I've been hearing some issues related to the production as of late. I'm sure COVID was there to make it a bigger thing, but here's to hoping the creators will be able to get across the line eventually and stay safe.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 2, 2022 5:49 AM

Aug 2014
So the rebroadcast will be the exact same? Or can we expect ay difference from the present episodes?
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 2, 2022 5:56 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really don't understand what is going on with the production of this anime
Sep 2, 2022 6:31 AM
Jun 2022
Would like to remind a few people that are currently freaking out, that it's cute and funny you think this never happened before. *Laughs in shield hero*
Sep 2, 2022 6:46 AM

May 2021
Piromysl said:
Ronninn said:
People are genuinely r******d here lmao, there's like left and right VA's getting COVID recently

Well, doing an exact minimum of research will show you, that there is a huge drama within the studio, which obviously affects production, like director literally quitting in the last second. On top of that, vaccines are already a thing and they are effective, so using COVID as an excuse is quite dubious.

Source? Google ain't showing anything to me.

Sep 2, 2022 6:49 AM

Jul 2015
RioFS said:
Piromysl said:

Something like this, for example: https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1565544698739134464
Seriously, blaming this on completely contained virus at this point, while effective vaccines are available is ludicrous.

Sep 2, 2022 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
excuse me, what the fuck? This is the only good show in this season, but COVID is an excuse now, huh?

If you consider the pandemic an "excuse" then it's no wonder you're such a snob that you think this show is the only good show of the season.
Sep 2, 2022 6:59 AM

May 2021
Piromysl said:
RioFS said:

Something like this, for example: https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1565544698739134464
Seriously, blaming this on completely contained virus at this point, while effective vaccines are available is ludicrous.

I see so it's basically due to poor planning.

Sep 2, 2022 7:05 AM

Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

If you consider the pandemic an "excuse" then it's no wonder you're such a snob that you think this show is the only good show of the season.

Pandemic is over, bruh. Vaccines are available and effective. Unless whole studio consists of antivaxxers, blaming it on COVID is absurd.
True, one or two person may feel ill, but that won't shut down the production.

Sep 2, 2022 7:10 AM

Oct 2018
RobertBobert said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

So people in Japan don't know anything about vaccines? And I'm watching a ridonkeylous amount of shows this season , so Idk what the heck are you talking about that I'm a snob.

― Natsume Takashi
Sep 2, 2022 8:24 AM

Oct 2017
Just hope this show comes back soon.
Sep 2, 2022 8:57 AM

Apr 2012
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
RobertBobert said:

So people in Japan don't know anything about vaccines? And I'm watching a ridonkeylous amount of shows this season , so Idk what the heck are you talking about that I'm a snob.

Watching a bunch of shows to give them low ratings and complain that they're bad? Yes, you are a snob. And people all over the world know about vaccines. But they don't give 100% protection and you can still get sick for a bunch of other reasons.

Piromysl said:
RobertBobert said:

Pandemic is over, bruh. Vaccines are available and effective. Unless whole studio consists of antivaxxers, blaming it on COVID is absurd.
True, one or two person may feel ill, but that won't shut down the production.

The studio is in big trouble with a bunch of people getting sick with COVID. This is a sad reality. And for whatever reason they didn't get sick, calling the disease an "excuse" is pretty rude.
Sep 2, 2022 9:47 AM

Feb 2020
Idk about this shows situation. But covid is actually increasing in my place recently. It's not really life threatening at all as before but definitely enough number vice to place rtpcr reports requirement restriction on lot of things lately
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 2, 2022 9:49 AM

Apr 2021
MadanielFL said:
Well that's quite sad, I can't think of a single other show that had production problems this big, not even WEP suffered like this.

You mean the director going to an hospital TWICE during production is not worse than this?
Sep 2, 2022 10:23 AM

Feb 2014
RobertBobert said:

The studio is in big trouble with a bunch of people getting sick with COVID. This is a sad reality. And for whatever reason they didn't get sick, calling the disease an "excuse" is pretty rude.
Stop inhaling that copium, you are the ppl that fall for obvious pr stunts like this. You are doing a disservice to ppl clouding them with your ignorance

Sep 2, 2022 10:26 AM

Apr 2012
Genocyber said:
RobertBobert said:

Stop inhaling that copium, you are the ppl that fall for obvious pr stunts like this. You are doing a disservice to ppl clouding them with your ignorance

Call me when you learn to give any arguments other than bare accusations.
Sep 2, 2022 10:28 AM

Oct 2021
This would then seem like at least a month-long hiatus then 😔
Sep 2, 2022 10:28 AM

Feb 2014
(((clueless)))

15 chara limit

Sep 2, 2022 11:03 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Probably the main reason why I want the studios to be done with a show before they get a time schedule on TV.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Sep 2, 2022 1:17 PM

Mar 2015
sound like they have really poor planning that rely on overworking absolute minimum staff they can work with that has no back up which collapse immediately when covid struck.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 2, 2022 2:18 PM
Mar 2019
I mean, there is so much they can blame on Covid, especially in 2022. If a single-cour anime has to be postponed by a week, then three weeks later postponed again for and indefinite amount of time, at minimum 5 weeks, then that doesn't have shit to do with Covid, that's either the studio fucking something up to a ridiculous extent when calculating the required time and manpower for the project, or the production committee forcing a schedule onto them which essentially created first industrial revolution quality conditions in the studio.
Sep 2, 2022 4:46 PM

Oct 2018
RobertBobert said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

Watching a bunch of shows to give them low ratings and complain that they're bad? Yes, you are a snob. And people all over the world know about vaccines. But they don't give 100% protection and you can still get sick for a bunch of other reasons.
Wow! Did you saw me gave me a low rating to a bunch of seasonal shows? Maybe they are just bad?

― Natsume Takashi
Sep 2, 2022 8:44 PM
Nov 2013
We all know this is not a "COVID" things, It's just bad production managment.
Sep 3, 2022 6:00 AM

May 2009
Regardless of reasons, it's unfortunate that the fans have to wait much longer for new episodes.
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Sep 3, 2022 8:32 AM
Oct 2019
Seems doubtful.

Yes the virus is still causing unprecedented disruption, especially in my business.

Yes there is also a lot of companies, who have had two years now to adapt, still blaming issues on it, especially notable is the disruption causing by supposed manpower shortages caused by ill employees. By now you would think they would have cover and replacement policies in place.

What is also notable, at least to me is that a lot of the current batches, especially last season, had really sketchy quality issues. The first episode would show high levels of quality and then it would take a nose dive both in animation and art but also in story and direction.

Honestly I think they are probably trying to push out too many new animes with too few people.
Sep 3, 2022 11:03 AM

Aug 2018
I prefer delay > quality issues, the delay barely matters at the end... but poor quality = poor show, hope that the delay worth it tho.
Sep 5, 2022 8:01 PM

Jan 2020
Dang son, it's a good one too. I'll be a good girl and wait without much complaint. Read some manga . I've barely finished any titles so I better get to it.
Sep 6, 2022 4:57 AM
Aug 2021
guess i'll give it a shot
Sep 8, 2022 11:12 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
News Update
The official website of the Isekai Ojisan (Uncle from Another World) television anime announced further delay due to COVID-19 on Friday. The anime will begin rebroadcasting from the first episode on October 6. The eighth episode is now scheduled to premiere on November 25 at 1:35 a.m.

Sep 9, 2022 6:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Vindstot said:
News Update

Well shit.....This is awful
Sep 10, 2022 12:56 AM

Sep 2016
Covid excuse in September 2022 OMEGALUL
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 10, 2022 8:59 PM

Nov 2018
I hope all goes well for the staff. On my end I'm glad I didn't start this one, will probably catch up with the manga instead.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

9 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

5 by EcchiGodMamster »»
2 hours ago

» 'The New Gate' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

Hyperion_PS - Mar 22

3 by LinnetKinnar »»
3 hours ago

» Nippon TV Acquires Studio Ghibli as Subsidiary

Vindstot - Sep 21, 2023

21 by blitzepidemic »»
6 hours ago

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by trinitroglycerin »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.