Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 15, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
This show really loves its food and sweets.

On the other hand, it looks like Barbie tries to maintain a leadership position. Looks like this episode serves as another ominous buildup. I'm also really curious to see how John's role will develop over the course of the show as he seems to be an important cast member this season.
Jul 15, 2022 10:01 AM

Sep 2021
One of the Best openings this season, ReoNa always giving us bangers.
Jul 15, 2022 10:15 AM
Jul 2020
Considering the mess they did at the end of season 1, they are adapting this really well. I don't know why the scores aren't higher. Op and ed are also 2 banggers
Jul 15, 2022 10:25 AM

Jul 2021
Star Bearers are having a really hard time dealing with so many stuffs, especially Barbara, being a leader isn’t easy. Also, Christopher sounded exactly what I imagined lol.

Some hints about Robe-sama’s identity too, that was clever.
Jul 15, 2022 10:28 AM

Mar 2016
Not just ReoNa, but also Claris giving us banger theme songs as well.

Jul 15, 2022 10:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They're definitely making it on the good side with the current development regarding Barbie/Barbara and especially that Rosemary/Maryrose moment, so what we all waited is finally starting I guess
Jul 15, 2022 10:57 AM

Dec 2015
Nothing like a weekly dose of brainwashing coffee to keep everyone obedient. I'm curious to see more about the Star Bearers (especially this Christopher guy).

Glad to hear ClariS doing more songs for anime.
Jul 15, 2022 11:00 AM

Mar 2020
An improvement from we've seen from the end of season 1 for sure. The mystery and dark themes are executed well, and I'd love nothing more than to see more of Barbara and Maryrose's backstory, as well as what Christopher's role was.
Jul 15, 2022 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
ReoNa's opening and Claris ending are both fabulous. The music is on a whole different level compared to the rest but it's still great. John managed to discover the hidden truth in the letter and bring Shaun back. Soon enough, they had to drink the coffee again but with a simple trick, Emilico and Shaun managed to avoid it. It's time to save the rest but a careful plan is needed. The previous Star Bearer gets a lot of attention in the last few minutes so he probably must be what made Barbara into such a irritating person.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 15, 2022 11:24 AM
Jun 2021
SO MUCH MYSTERY! The first couple episodes are introducing so much lore that i just must know about! this show has so much intrigue and i am really excited to see what happens next. the new op and ed and awesome and this show should be rated so much higher
Jul 15, 2022 11:34 AM

Jul 2017
This was a good episode and I'll be honest, as someone who wasn't a fan of season 1 even after rewatching it recently, this season's a lot more interesting so far with the mysteries being more compelling to watch for sure and the music and production helps with the underlining tension building too. Everything so far just feels like a big improvement from the first season, at least when it comes to these first two episodes only. The CLARiS ending song was really good too and complements the show well. I hope it continues to improve and I can turn the corner with this series somewhat.
Jul 15, 2022 12:01 PM

Nov 2016
Feels like ReoNa doesn't miss.

Intriguing episode. I was disappointed after the orginal stuff last season, but the series is back on track.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 15, 2022 2:13 PM

Jul 2011
Emilico is too sweet for that place.

Oh yeah, the Belle twins.
Jul 15, 2022 2:16 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Gotta love those push-ups there at the beginning. Very interesting motion

Man I just love how Shadows House looks, the art is so crisp. And we get an OP and ED which are both just as much as a banger as the first season's ED was.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 15, 2022 2:34 PM

Jun 2019
Hulkbuster125 said:
Considering the mess they did at the end of season 1, they are adapting this really well. I don't know why the scores aren't higher. Op and ed are also 2 banggers

I haven't watched the second episode of this second season yet (probably will later tonight or tomorrow) and nor do I rate any season/series until it's completely finished airing and I've watched in its entirety without exception, but for me, and this may apply to some others, the way season one ended just left a seriously foul taste in my mouth that I hope doesn't tarnish and derail the entire series. It shouldn't, but it's contingent on this season being able to properly get the direction of the show back on track or not.

And when I say the ending of season one, I mean the last three episodes (episodes 11 - 13). In a 13 episode season, that's almost 1/4th or 25% of the entire runtime, and arguably the most important part or one of the most important sections. It went from being my prospective favorite series of the year and one of the only series/seasons I was prepared to give an 8/10 for 2021 alongside Sonny Boy and the Fruits Basket 2019 reboot season three to one I was tempted to even give a substantially lower rating out of sheer disappointment and disgust at the rushed paced ending, but ended up settling on a 7. I'm just supremely fatigued with seeing otherwise good or even marvelous series torpedoed in the end by jarringly unnatural rushed pacing and shoddy, misguided or apathetic executive decisionmaking.

That said, even a 7.00 and certainly anywhere between a 7 - 8 (and currently this sits at 7.86) really isn't a low rating.
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 PM
Oct 2015
Hmm, so like Made in Abyss, they're changing up the sequence of events.

still, I'm glad that they're being faithful to the manga! I'm already really enjoying the atmosphere that these first two episodes have put out!

And also sooo happy to see the best boys animated at the end! I was worried we'd only get one season and never see them animated, but glad I can put those fears to rest! Can't wait to see more of this flashback unfold. Definitely some great expressions in this episode as well.
Jul 15, 2022 4:45 PM

Jul 2016
Its night of delight episode. The faces when they receive the coffee is weird like blushing and whatnot. Even Emilico and Shaun discarded the coffee cleverly. Looks like Kate give John some secret mission. And he is ecstatic as ever. Star bearers meeting is underway and they are sus about Kate and some exposition.

The next part is Emilico cute moments with her fellow team. And some foreshadowing for future plot points. And I liked the subtle details that you dont know prior when you read/watched the first time. The OP is a banger and ED is mellow but great song. Overall great episode

Jul 15, 2022 5:17 PM

Sep 2020
Imagine Emilico actually beating the crap out of other living dolls to break their conditioning.
Jul 15, 2022 5:30 PM
Mar 2019
"Anyone for fresh Coffee??"
Wonder why the Voices are done by the same person, except Emilico & Kate??
Glad ClariS got the Ending although not as catchy on first listen.
Jul 15, 2022 5:36 PM

Jun 2017
It's always nice seeing Kate do 5D chess, that letter was clever. Emilico ain't failling for that brainwashing again. lol
Jul 15, 2022 7:17 PM

Jul 2016
Man, imagine having a gym-addict meathead Shadow as your master. I already feel sorry for that buff kid.

So... no Barbie backstory for now, huh? Maybe next week.
Jul 15, 2022 8:10 PM
May 2020
Hulkbuster125 said:
Hulkbuster125 said:

Huh... considering the bad original in the last three episodes of season 3,I think people still need some time to trust in cloverworks again.😅
Jul 15, 2022 9:37 PM

Jun 2021
Emilico's reaction to the bread in the window was so cute. Also the scene of her eating the bread was adorable as well.
Jul 15, 2022 10:34 PM
Sep 2021
Avvenirista said:
Imagine Emilico actually beating the crap out of other living dolls to break their conditioning.

She just walks up to Lou and slaps her lmao 😂
Jul 16, 2022 1:06 AM

Dec 2020
god reona fits shadow house's vibes So much. can never doubt things when its with her

that scene of benjamin working out lmao, fan service!!! i appreciate it

oliver and oli being voiced by enoki junya UGHHH??#????!! and i thought theres nothing that can make me like him more.

the belle's are shown!!!! one of my fav girls ever for no actual reason.

and wooo that rose & barbara scene, ending with a shot of christopher. so excited for this season

the ed was reaaally good too. i love the focus on maryrose + barbara
Jul 16, 2022 1:28 AM

Apr 2020
Alright hold up before I say anything about this episode, lemme say this. If there's any group or artist that has the vibe and style of Shadows House, who is already a perennial performer for a lot of anime, and has a very nice staying power, it is ClariS. It's been a while since I heard them in an anime, and I can't believe the song is this great. And speaking of the ED, the characters in them - Barbara & Maryrose.

These two characters are essentially the main characters in this season alongside our duo of Kate and Emilico, and something about them may entice the story this time around. And since Kate made a wonderful decision to become a Star Bearer, she'll end up interacting with these two a lot more. Now that coffee shot scene....in a way that I thought in my head - it is mind control and slavery at its finest, and hey I just drinked a coffee a couple of hours ago so....anime is the best!!!

Shadows House 2 has a story, the first season is an introduction (ofc duh) with Kate aiming to become an "adult" with the help of Emilico. Now she aims to become a Star Bearer, which is somewhat a more complicated and sensitive matter to deal with. Either way, game on!
Jul 16, 2022 1:58 AM

Oct 2017
The mystery deepens, wonder what happened with the previous leader.
Jul 16, 2022 2:24 AM
Sep 2020

Ah yes, the Stand-Still-and-Sorta-Wriggle-In-Place dance. I've heard it's a big hit with the kids these days.
Havoc_CrowJul 16, 2022 2:31 AM
Jul 16, 2022 3:25 AM

Dec 2017
A good episode in terms of presenting what seems to be the plot of the season. Although it just had an element that makes me uncomfortable in any series, the jumps of indefinable time between each scene, so many free hours between each cut.
Maryrose seems to be a shadow that has also been through a lot, it will be interesting to see what happened to Barbara and the previous Leader (although seeing how the shadows are, one can get an idea of what happened to her). The mysterious shadow thing I hope they don't keep it as a "background mystery" for so long.

The OP is definitely a beauty, good music and video sequence. The END did not impress so much because of how good it was last season, but seeing it by itself is a very decent one, we have to wait for the other animes of the season to see if it is enough.

Jul 16, 2022 5:26 AM
Apr 2020
Both OP & ED really good (even I more like nai nai though).
Brainwashing with coffee is something scarious indeed.
Love Emilico & Shaun's scene <3
Aaaand, I'm seeing things,, I saw adult Damian (SxF) there!!! XD
Jul 16, 2022 5:51 AM

Jun 2016
interesting episode always !!

emilico too adorable and puree !!
Jul 16, 2022 10:35 AM
Jun 2019
Cute You found me. Tee hee
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 16, 2022 3:13 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
I was so excited to see the visuals of the opening, but it was disappointing, very disappointing.

Jul 17, 2022 5:17 AM

Aug 2018
It's only been 2 episodes but hope this season picks up a bit
_______I like rocks__
Jul 17, 2022 6:36 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting to be getting a bit more of a focus on the Star Bearers this episode, potentially giving us a different angle from which to tackle this whole mystery with.
Jul 17, 2022 8:41 AM

Jul 2017
Man, ReoNa's OP is such a bop.

Both Living Doll Barbie and Shadow Barbara are unhinged, and more things are definitely looking more hideous in the Shadows House, as such with scientific duo Ollie and Oliver, completing the 4 current Star Bearers that's like an intermediary meeting of the elite to discuss about what's going on under the House, from Edward to Kate.

Kate's letter to John...is both a blessing and a curse that's a "solve the riddle" situation to disguise the real notion of the House, otherwise he won't be loved by his fiancé. This is a desperate, yet delicate situation to avoid being detected, and Shaun is the first to find out about this, and that bears him as an ally. Shadows House isn't as jovial as one would've thought now.

But their time is cut short, for the weekly Party of Delight which commences the brainwashing, and both Emilico and Shaun try their best to hide away from consuming the soot coffee, and it's both a disturbing and sorry sight to see others being brainwashed for their loyalty. And it's that where the Star Bearers have a call on this, so the next goal naturally is to be one to stop this from happening.

For Barbara, she is the epitome of a ticking timebomb, and Maryrose happened to be the catalyst in growing her...except that this is where the who-must-not-be-named Christopher comes, and I'm wondering on his inclusion and part of the equation.
Jul 17, 2022 4:26 PM
Oct 2015
JudgeDeadd said:

Ah yes, the Stand-Still-and-Sorta-Wriggle-In-Place dance. I've heard it's a big hit with the kids these days.

lol. These kids are getting way too out of line these days.
Jul 17, 2022 4:27 PM
Oct 2015
Atlos said:

It's just doing what Shadows House has always done. Never usually rushes straight into an arc, but builds up the tension gradually. Don't worry, the pay off will hit, just a matter of when. ; )
Jul 17, 2022 4:29 PM

Aug 2018
DukeofWalton said:
Atlos said:

It's just doing what Shadows House has always done. Never usually rushes straight into an arc, but builds up the tension gradually. Don't worry, the pay off will hit, just a matter of when. ; )
I'm sure it will but like I didn't watch s1 when it was airing so I could just watch a bunch of episodes in one go, guess I need to adjust to the change haha
_______I like rocks__
Jul 17, 2022 9:35 PM

Apr 2016
The rhythm seems to be a little bit faster than the first season because now they need to pour out what are the pieces of the house so Kate can go full viva la revolution.

Emilico hugging Shaun was cute.

The dancing looked like they were trying to shake each other but preventing from getting shaked.

Looking forward what's the deal with all this Maryrose with Barbara and the other guy with the mhm smile.
Jul 18, 2022 7:20 AM

Jun 2019
Atlos said:

The last thing that this series needs is a faster pace. That was the whole problem with the last near quarter (three episodes) of season one - completely rushed pacing collapsing and cheapening the narrative and feel built up by the show carefully and gracefully up to that point.
Jul 18, 2022 7:53 AM

Aug 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
Atlos said:

The last thing that this series needs is a faster pace. That was the whole problem with the last near quarter (three episodes) of season one - completely rushed pacing collapsing and cheapening the narrative and feel built up by the show carefully and gracefully up to that point.
that's fair I guess
_______I like rocks__
Jul 18, 2022 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
Cloris ending is great but nothing can ever beat ReoNa - NaiNai tbh
that ending just fit too much with the dark yet mysterious aesthetics of Shadow's house..

Anyways. a damn great episode, looks like this season is gonna focus on Barbie and Barbara which isn't bad.. looks like Kate and Emilico are finally gonna become star bearers by the end of the season (ihope) but i somehow doubt that.. considering how rebellious Kate is..

that weekly dose of brainwashing coffee lmao.. shit's wack!
Jul 18, 2022 11:27 PM

Jan 2014
It's amazing how people completely forget the reasons for the end of last season's show, and just put it on a front line, and say how 'bad' it was. When back then, there wasn't any notion for this season. But this isn't about that, this is more to do with the episode itself.

So far it's going quite well, I do notice a few cut things here or there, but it's not enough to destroy my watching experience, and hope many enjoy it.
Jul 20, 2022 9:00 PM

Oct 2015
Fine episode. I'm liking Barbara's character development so far, well deserved.

John is a sucker, Kate predicted every move he'll make about the letter. The way she encoded the letter was genius.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 21, 2022 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
Is it too early to think that cloverworks won't botch this one? Manga readers can already guess what will be the season finale so there's no way they'll fuck it up... right?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 7, 2022 10:25 AM
Oct 2019
is anybody else bored? these two episodes have been very weak. new dolls and shadows. they're trying to make it seem like there's some underlying drama and friction between all these characters, but idk who tf the characters are and i don't care about them. so everything i'm watching is just wasting my time

supposedly episode 3 is better. i'll watch that before deciding to drop this. but right now it's on HIGH ALERT

5/10. boring
Aug 7, 2022 10:44 AM
Jun 2021
HagePotPotato said:
is anybody else bored? these two episodes have been very weak. new dolls and shadows. they're trying to make it seem like there's some underlying drama and friction between all these characters, but idk who tf the characters are and i don't care about them. so everything i'm watching is just wasting my time

supposedly episode 3 is better. i'll watch that before deciding to drop this. but right now it's on HIGH ALERT

5/10. boring
Just drop it lmao. It seems like its not your kind of show.
Aug 7, 2022 11:23 AM
Oct 2019
corner_twist said:
HagePotPotato said:

5/10. boring

cool story. thanks for your input. it's a marked step down from season 1, which had some great episodes but also some turds
Aug 7, 2022 1:10 PM
Jun 2021
HagePotPotato said:
corner_twist said:

cool story. thanks for your input. it's a marked step down from season 1, which had some great episodes but also some turds
I'm really not sure what else you were expecting with this show. It has always been a slow burn mystery series that is a build-up towards the end of the season. If this is not your kind of show, just drop it. No point in wasting your time. If you think this is a step-down, I'd agree that production wise it is a noticeable drop in quality, but story-wise, it has remained fairly constant.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

69 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

92 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

» At what chapter does this leave off at?

Tropisch - Jan 26

4 by _Yotsugi_ »»
Jan 26, 11:29 AM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity II

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

4 by Dudeh »»
Oct 30, 2023 8:43 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2022

119 by KhoaVN »»
Oct 27, 2023 9:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.