Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 23, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
It took a long time but it looks like they finally managed to restore order to normal around the mansion.

Barbie really stood out in this season/finale though, always speaking on her mind. On the other hand, I also like how Emilico maintained her order with that level of confidence. Quite impressive imo. One of the intense finales I've seen this season.
Sep 23, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
With Maryrose and Rosemary's suicide pact, it certainly put Edward into panic mode, being that it happened outside of the Star Bearers' perimeters and right into the Adults' side of jurisdiction, stamped with Barbara's approval.

The true Master Robe seeking out both Kate and Emilico right in the former's room, and it turns out to be Christopher's Living Doll Anthony, working together with Maryrose for the same outcome, but that both have different views. Regardless if Maryrose did live or not, he's only here to make judgments on it, and like both Kate and Emilico, his ultimate goal is to expose the Shadows House, if both were willing to be under his tutelage.

It's back to everyday life in the Shadows House, but to Emilico, her wealth of knowledge now is putting her on second thoughts as new Living Dolls are brought to the House as replacements awaiting their fusion, even as her brainwashing has been undone. Barbara's announcement for new team leaders in the children's wing, and even as Isabelle and Mirabelle is being reinstated, it's Kate who becomes one that is acknowledged and finally gaining her trust with the promotion.

But that also means that Emilico is also a team leader too, taking care of Lou, Mia and Belle. Given Belle's persistence for regular household duties due to her trauma, Emilico wouldn't mind doing a 2 person job, but it's Mia's warning that their disposal could come at any moment, which is very explicitly focused by Barbie. But man, Emilico's a more than capable leader being able to protect the people under her belt.

Hmm, that seems to be about it until here. Time to continue the manga!
KANLen09Sep 23, 2022 10:21 AM
Sep 23, 2022 8:29 AM

Feb 2014
The final episode ends pretty abruptly. Anyway pretty good season!
Sep 23, 2022 10:02 AM

Jul 2021
I don't trust Anthony at all, that guy is too mysterious. Emilico struggled with her thoughts, seems like she's slowly getting back her emotions and individuality.

Cleaning Kate is so cute lol

The only anime I managed to complete this season lol. Very solid overall, some clunky moments here and there but it does its job, nowhere near a perfect adaption but it's good enough. 8/10
Sep 23, 2022 10:07 AM

Mar 2021
This was a good final episode of the season and seems like a pretty natural stopping point. It wrapped up the events of this season adroitly (while also letting us relax a bit form the emotional climax that was the end of the last episode) but showed how much of the story (and remaining mysteries) still remains.

I don't know if it was due to the source material or not, but I thought this season was an improvement over the first in numerous respects (and I liked the first season a lot). Here is hoping to many more.
Sep 23, 2022 10:09 AM
Aug 2021
Really hope they get season 3. Season two may have some stiff pacing here and there, but overall the plot is very interesting. It is like what Kate said, the shadows house is just wrong.
Sep 23, 2022 10:09 AM

Dec 2015
The Passageway of Glory is "worn-out" alright. Shame that Maryrose/Rosemary won't be mentioned much after this incident. Being aware of a situation while others are oblivious can be tough. The crushing barrage of truth would make anyone anxious to find a way to escape it. I do like that Kate is giving Emilico some assurance by helping with the cleaning.

On another note, how will they fuse her with two shadows now that one of the Belle sisters have been "disposed of"?

Emilico's got guts standing her ground. Barbara/Barbie will be quite formidable. With the baton being passed to Kate and Emilico along with a promotion and seeing the enigma that is Anthony himself, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes next.
hai_X_isSep 23, 2022 10:22 AM
Sep 23, 2022 10:21 AM

Feb 2019
Very abrupt ending to the episode, I was expecting more of a montage setting up season 3.

Overall though, this season was definitely a step up from season 1. I throughly enjoyed every episode. The lead up to and reveal of the robes as well as the fight a few weeks ago were great. Emilico and Kate’s bond has been a treat this season too. They’ve grown a lot closer as evident in Kate even cleaning up with Emilico now.

Proud of emilico for standing up to Barbie’s abuse too. That was such a cool shot of her at the end.
Marinate1016Sep 23, 2022 10:25 AM
Sep 23, 2022 10:22 AM

May 2020
Anthony appeared out of thin air, and then straight up went off like that. Can't blame Kate having those doubtful sentiments about him and his grand goal. Though leaving those things aside, good to see Kate getting some proper acknowledgment, well it was long overdue.

In all honesty this felt like any other episode, any episode but finale lol. Though it's fine that way too. Now to see if Cloverworks will ever make a third season or not.
Sep 23, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2011
Hey, Maryrose is alive.

Emilico had some nice close-up expressions in this episode.
Was good the second half being focused on Emilico, her thoughts and everything.

That was the type of ending many wanted following the source.

Hope for a season 3.

Side note: Chapter 82 was covered in this episode.
Sep 23, 2022 10:31 AM
Sep 2015
This episode makes me realized that Shadow House is scarier than I thought. I'm watching children getting brainwashed, exploit, and abuse to death in motion. But not announcing a sequel in this episode is a bad sign that we'll never get a sequel.
Sep 23, 2022 10:35 AM

Oct 2017
So Maryrose is alive, that's nice. Kate and Emilico became leaders, good for them.

This just felt like another episode rather than a finale. Was an okay season overall with some good development here and there.
Sep 23, 2022 10:38 AM
Jan 2020
You have to be fucking with me if this is actually the final episode, they better announce S3 immediately
Sep 23, 2022 11:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yes Kate and Emilico as a group leaders and of course there's this issue with Belle since the other one is out... It's especially good to end the season with Emilico facing Barbie, I really hope we'll get a sequel now!
Sep 23, 2022 11:04 AM

Sep 2019
I hope the anime is not too expensive to produce and it has a chance of being continued.

But anyway, I'll be looking into if there's a way to read the manga in English cause it's such a nice unique story, I really love stuff like this especially seeing how same-ish most anime are nowadays. Come on Aniplex, don't throw away one of the few IPs you have that are not fad copy-pastes lol
Sep 23, 2022 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
As Kate mentioned, Maryrose never talked about what happened to Anthony after Christopher killed himself so seeing him show up as Master Robe made sense. He seems sketchy at the moment, what is this man cooking.....

Nice to see Kate/Emilico become team leaders now, and I loved seeing Emilico stand her ground against Barbie. This finale feels like it ended pretty abruptly so hopefully we get a 3rd season at some point.

This season definitely was an improvement on the first. The first season was already decent in its own right, but I liked the mystery and overall intrigue of this season even more, which is why I hope we get another season in the future.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 23, 2022 11:22 AM

May 2017
Really enjoying this series. I can't wait to see what happens with Kate and Emilico as team leads, how insane. Poor Emilico.
Sep 23, 2022 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
This felt like any episode but a finale.. But it makes sense why Cloverworks will go for that..
The episode screams "The story hasn't ended! go read the manga!!"

Will not lie.. but this season while being good.. was a bit lower than 1st season.. or maybe i had more expectations.. Will I read the manga? maaaaaaybe..
Will there ever will be a season 2? Hard nope!

I can somewhat guess that the animation ends here.. and its upto the pure enthusiasts to read up the manga if they want to follow the story
If we don't get a season 3 announcement by the end of next summer 2023.. then the lower chance of it will be dropped to 0..

Will i watch the season 3? hell fucking yea..

over all.. this season was 7.5/10.. the OP/ED of 1st season were extremely better and the plot twists made more sense and had more tension.. but this was an alright sequel..
Sep 23, 2022 11:43 AM
Feb 2021
I hope the third season will come
Sep 23, 2022 11:46 AM

Jan 2010
If not for the post credit scene you could say that there is another chapter. I hope for another season, but if it's goes too long without any announcement then I will read the manga.
Sep 23, 2022 11:55 AM

Dec 2019
I enjoyed s1 so much more tbh still a 7/10 but I gave s1 a 9 lol

Still a good season but I didn't like it a ton still enjoyable tho

If does get another season I will watch it for sure tho
Sep 23, 2022 11:58 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
That was it? Alright then, huh.

The season this time I felt was better in some aspects while worse in others. For the good parts we got more involved with the star bearers, the fact that the living dolls are actually humans is further explored and Rosemary and Barbara take the spotlight (somewhat) in revealing what Shadows House may have in store. Also, the ending and opening songs were on par with the one's from the first season... well, almost but good enough nonetheless.

However, I feel like this season was too focused on the mystery behind the robe figure to the point where some of the episodes were kinda dull until the confrontations finally showed up. Also, Barbara for being on the cover wasn't that much of a focus really during many episodes and the ending sequence pretty much spoiled the "big twist". As a result, aside from what happened in episode 11, most of the impact was lost.

Will I be continue watching this if it gets a new season animated? Sure, why not since I'm up to date. Will that be actually announced? Who knows, if it doesn't it's whatever.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 23, 2022 12:08 PM

Feb 2021
This final episode took a bit of an unexpected turn, I was expecting them to cover what happened to Maryrose, but instead what we got was Kate becoming team leader and Emilico doing the work for Belle.

The animation on this final episode looked nicer too.

Overall I enjoyed this season, we got a lot of character moments, not only from the main lead but from some of the side characters too, and my favorite episode would probably be ep. 11

I kinda want to see what happens next so I hope for a season 3.
Sep 23, 2022 12:35 PM

Jun 2011
season 3 announcement where >.<
Sep 23, 2022 12:43 PM
Jul 2021
I want season 3! I really love this anime
Sep 23, 2022 1:01 PM

Apr 2020
Another really good season. 8/10
From that finale we can expect a 3rd season soon.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 23, 2022 1:15 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This anime really sells you on great it is to be human, beautiful series, 8/10 at least
Sep 23, 2022 1:39 PM
Mar 2015
Emilco and Kate move up but that does not end their difficulties. Anthony appears after Maryrose and Rosemary fall
Sep 23, 2022 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
For sure with how that ended, I suspect there would be a season 3. It'd make sense to do such. They did well in season one((Yes I know about the last few eps, but that wasn't CL at fault, people have Promised Neverland 2 on their minds too much, and forget the reason behind how S1 end of Shadow House played out as such.)) Now they've had a really good second season, and again, it's all screaming another season. If they have enough for it that is.
Sep 23, 2022 2:21 PM

Aug 2018
Excellent season, even better than the first one which I particularly enjoyed. Just a bit surprised by the abrupt ending, it really felt like another episode is coming next Friday, yet it was the finale. Well it still lets us know more will come, the story is far from its end. Hoping for another season in a reasonable delay !

Shadows House still has many secrets to discover.
Sep 23, 2022 2:26 PM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
That's the final episode...? It definitely doesn't feel like one lol

Sep 23, 2022 3:15 PM
Jun 2022
Personally, I thought it was a rather uneventful season. It had a lot of dialogue, which can be good but for some reason never clicked with me as much. It might just be that I have a lot of stuff going on in my life so I chose to follow the show at a more surface level. It seems like the viewership is pretty low and I’m wondering if wrapping things up would have been a better idea. The ending felt like a normal episode and didn’t sell me on the future of the series.
Sep 23, 2022 3:27 PM

Jul 2016
Anthony is sus. And Kate is being acknowledged by Barbara and making her team leader. The mystery about whereabouts or they are alive for MR/RM. The arc wrapping up good. And the new arc starts and the story continues, nice to see development of character of Emilico. And she standing up for her friends. And dont miss the post credit scene. Overall better improvement than the prequel, and hyped to see more

Sep 23, 2022 4:06 PM
Dec 2021
Now we hope for a new season. This was good, wished there were more watchers.

For some reason Emilico seems smarter when she was talking with Kate. She’s still sunshine though☀️
Sep 23, 2022 4:12 PM
Dec 2021
This episode hammered in more of the fate of the living dolls. I always thought it was Normally cruel but now, after thinking about how the children are overworked, underfed, abused and ultimately die to become a vessel for fusion with their masters, I can see that this is beyond normal cruelty. Only a monster would think of this.
Sep 23, 2022 4:28 PM
Jul 2021
The core twist was revealed in the sneak peak of last episode, unfortunately. The season also ended on a weird cliffhanger.
Sep 23, 2022 4:44 PM

Apr 2020
Anime of the season for me, everything was perfect.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 23, 2022 4:50 PM

Jun 2017
I wonder how many people expected we would have 2 Robe-samas! Anthony is still quite a mystery even in the manga so yeah, he can't breally called an ally yet but he isn't an enemy either.

Overall S2 was good, hoping we get S3 eventually, there is certainly enough material for it so it's just a matter of time.

I also agree this final episode didn't feel final at all.
Sep 23, 2022 4:56 PM
Aug 2018
Loved the twist.
Really hoping we get a season 3.
Sep 23, 2022 5:06 PM

Sep 2020
The fight against the Shadows House continues...hopefully in a third season, even though it might be too soon to green light another season.
Maybe Kate and Emilico will return on TV in a couple of years? We will see.
Sep 23, 2022 5:35 PM
Sep 2022
Me parecio maravilloso ver Anthony ver lo quebrada que esta Bell es simplemete espectacular toca esperar a ver si hay una 3ra temp
Sep 23, 2022 5:42 PM

Apr 2015
This episode ended with me wanting so much more. I hope this show comes back for another season.
Sep 23, 2022 6:01 PM

Jan 2021
Absolutely incredible, need season 3
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 23, 2022 6:03 PM

Feb 2019
Also known as the best anime of the season. If you disagree, you are wrong. As simlpe as that
Sep 23, 2022 6:36 PM
Oct 2015
While I agree with others in that it was kind of an odd way to end the episode, especially brining up the Belle thing and Sunshine/Kate as team leaders, I am still quite satisfied! As someone who was massively disappointed in TPN S2 (which doesn't actually exist), and who essentially lost a lot of faith in Cloverworks' ability to do a proper second season (or at least depending on what the production committee decided), I am happy to see that my fears were misplaced. For the most part, imo, they handled the transition from anime OG ending to the proper manga narrative quite smoothly.

and of course I am glad I got to see my boys Christopher and Anthony animated! That was one of my personal most-anticipated moments in this season! While it is a shame that SH still remains a hidden gem, a gem it is, and I'm happy to say that about both anime and manga now! Very pleased with the S2, and here's to hoping we can join Sunshine and crew in a season 3 sometime in the near future!
Sep 23, 2022 6:46 PM
May 2020
Bravo, Encore!!!
Sep 23, 2022 7:04 PM
Aug 2019
man, I genuinely think this is one of the best anime of the season (next to Made in abyss) and this episode proves that this season has been even better than the last one, I hope it finally gets the attention it deserves
Sep 23, 2022 7:20 PM
Apr 2022
the show was good, the idea that human child is also a vessel for the shadows was pretty cool. hope to see more of Barbie in the next season cus i like her intimidating attitude and shark teeth. 7/10
Sep 23, 2022 7:36 PM

Feb 2020
lol'd at the short after credit scene with better art then the whole rest of the adaptation
Sep 23, 2022 7:39 PM
Dec 2021
The only thing that disappointed me in this season is the op and ep. especially the Ed, last season Ed was phenomenal, while this season Ed is good, I can’t say I like it as much as the first season’s.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

69 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

63 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

92 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

» At what chapter does this leave off at?

Tropisch - Jan 26

4 by _Yotsugi_ »»
Jan 26, 11:29 AM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity II

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

4 by Dudeh »»
Oct 30, 2023 8:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.