Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 9, 2022 1:23 AM

Jul 2014
I don't think I can stand a full cour of Kazuya just aggressively simping for Chizuru and, seeing as it's clear as day that this cour will also most definitely not make any romantic progress, I can safely say that I am done with the Rent A Girlfriend dumpster fire.
Jul 9, 2022 1:27 AM
Jul 2011
Ok, so I'm supposed to be convinced that Chizuru's way of honing her skills of acting is reasonable. Is it really?
Jul 9, 2022 4:38 AM

Sep 2020
Damn this season is boring. Season 1 was not as crap as this. Where are Mami and the rest of the cast? Quite frankly I can't stand either Chizuru or Kazuya.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jul 9, 2022 4:52 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I threw out any expectations for this show a long time ago. No development, no progress, no Kazuya trying to become a better person? Fine with me, I'll accept it. I'll just sit back and enjoy it for the dumpster fire that it is. Heck maybe this season won't even be that bad before it inevitably goes further downhill in a would-be later season.

But after that heart to heart talk with Chizuru's grandma, saying how the seemingly perfect Chizuru is still human and still needs someone to hold her up in her life, if Kazuya doesn't even TRY to bring himself together again even just a LITTLE.... then idk what else to say. This anime's a masterpiece

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 9, 2022 6:33 AM

Apr 2020
This episode was kinda nice, and it's the closest thing that we have to a normal Kazuya to Chizuru moments. Since they've been "dating" for so long, and with that intense push from Kazuya when Chizuru was down, it was just about time for our girl to give in just a little bit.

From the baseball center to visiting her grandmother, Kazuya was enjoying almost every second of it, and now that Obaa-san pushed him to protect her precious granddaughter, pretty much all the thoughts of Kazuya leaving Chizuru for good has been ERASED. And there the series continues...

so Chizuru forget her keys and is now forced to stay at Kazuya's place...and somehow Mami is visiting.

I know it's trashy but as an anime fan, these moments are why I'm watching anime, let's go!
Jul 9, 2022 7:27 AM

Dec 2014
Chizuru is best girl, none of the others come close. Sometimes I wonder if this show would be better if it only ever focused on Chizuru and Kazuya.
Jul 9, 2022 9:37 AM

May 2018
I really like the series but Kazuya needs to tone down a bit with his fantasy and opinion.

Seeing the next week preview, does look interesting

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jul 9, 2022 9:50 AM
Mar 2015
Grandma believes in our boi and wants him to help Chizaru
Jul 9, 2022 10:03 AM

Mar 2015
CannedMarmalade said:
Why did the fence around his face disappear sometimes?

its like that movie with a robot made of liquid metal but the mc is made of liquid shit
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jul 9, 2022 10:05 AM

Sep 2019
The one scene that had me cracking up was when Kazuya begged Ruku for allowance to see Chizuru. Anybody noticed how distorted his neck is ?

Who is this, Kazuya-Quasimodo ?

I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Jul 9, 2022 11:39 AM
Dec 2021
Softhenic03 said:
It’s Rentin’ time~
These girls, I just don’t know how their brains function anymore like he asks Ruka, his self proclaimed girlfriend about renting Chizuru, which she should’ve declined under normal circumstances, but no I mean that’s not how logic works in this series.

She is literally blackmailing him into dating her. She doesn't really have any right to deny the request, and she knew he was going to keep renting her when they started dating.
Jul 9, 2022 11:42 AM
Jun 2019
Um, did I miss something last season? Why da f**k would they care if Mamisaw them together since Mami and Kazuya aren’t dating anymore. Was it because of the blackmail?

She called him out LOL
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 9, 2022 12:22 PM
Dec 2021
Honestly like honestly, I think I feel bad for Ruka, is it only me?
:>>>>>>>>>>>>>> add me please if I want to have friend to watch anime together
Jul 9, 2022 2:50 PM
Oct 2018
It looks like the next ep will be better than this one, as Mami appears to show up at an awkward moment lol. Hope to see more screen time for Ruka too. Only 3/5 for this ep, kind of weak
Jul 9, 2022 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
Huh, he still calls her by her rental girlfriend pseudonym even when Chizuru's off work. Every time they meet their grandparents, it gets harder to pull away from the act. Chizuru's grandmother definitely wants Kazuya to give her a grandkid. The mental gymnastics he does to justify renting Chiziru, and Ruka was convinced!

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 9, 2022 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
I thought the misinterpreting would last till the post ending scene, but hey, a lost key is a chance...and sometimes just an excuse.

P.S. Hospitalized old ladies are down bad fr 😰 Getting sexually harassed on a daily basis lmao.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2022 3:14 PM

Sep 2020
Ruka agreed the mc going out with Chizuru, and also kind of curious what would happen in the next episode.
Jul 9, 2022 4:22 PM

Dec 2019
smh no sumi this ep :(
Jul 9, 2022 9:25 PM

Apr 2016
How did this ever get greenlit for a season 2? I'm literally falling asleep or malding the entire time.

Is there even a plot? Every episode is like full-circle flashbacks and the same stuff happening over and over.
Jul 9, 2022 10:44 PM
Jul 2018
HajimeNozomiUwU said:
How did this ever get greenlit for a season 2? I'm literally falling asleep or malding the entire time.

Is there even a plot? Every episode is like full-circle flashbacks and the same stuff happening over and over.

Don't mald over a series with dogshit writing man, it ain't worth it. If you're going to watch it, just shut your brain off and you might be able to find some enjoyment out of it. This main character only becomes a bigger loser as time goes on.
Jul 10, 2022 1:57 AM

Jan 2021
Now I really see why Kazuya is hated so much lol. His own inner monologue has him taking 1 step forward, but 30 steps backwards. It's so frustrating hearing him recite the same stuff about him and Chizuru, almost as if it's his religion.

As for the OP and ED, I think they are quite nice. The OP isn't as the previous one, but I still like it a lot. That may be because I like many of the music from CHiCO with HoneyWorks though.

Jul 10, 2022 3:45 AM

Jun 2019
LOL... Kazuya can be cringy at times but at least he knows his place. But, he's still a bitch for not confessing his love for Chizuru. Chizuru's grandma is wholesome and sweet just like her. And, in the end, Chizuru lost her house key. LOL. OP and the ED are both really good.
Jul 10, 2022 8:47 AM

Jun 2021
well, it was a bruh

sumi chan with twin bun hairstyle in ED kawaii~~
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Jul 10, 2022 12:44 PM

May 2018
Ruka does know that Kazuya was cheating on her and she allows , does she?

Oh shit Kazuya back to being a dickwand.
Jul 10, 2022 1:47 PM

Oct 2008
omg the already messy situation will become more messier in the future next eps!
alot of flames again on the internet will sprout-out! lolz!
5/5.

Jul 10, 2022 7:34 PM

May 2021
"Maybe renting her every week might be clingy."

You were so close to attaining nirvana, my guy.

CannedMarmalade said:

The cringe is too much for the fence. It decided to fuck out of reality itself.

Jul 11, 2022 4:11 AM

Oct 2020
This is missing the chaotic and stupid nature of the first season. Makes it kind of boring.
Jul 11, 2022 6:45 AM

Mar 2014
Still better than s1 thus far, Kazuya is marginally better compared to the previous season lol.
Still, how the fuck can he have dirty fantasies while Chizuru's grandma is talking to him about her granddaughter's weaknesses and lack of support? Jesus.

I like how Chizuru is shown to have more agency instead of just being a dream gf that exists only for the MC. Having some background and aspirations for the future is a relief.

The main relationship continues to be on a stalemate because of Mami and Ruka, which makes no fuckin sense since they could just deal with both of them too easily. The pointless drama will no doubt persist until the end though so whatever, we'll just roll with it I guess.
Jul 11, 2022 8:02 AM

Aug 2009
As someone that has read the manga till the last chapter I cant do this no more.

S1 was fine. It was the start and Kazuya being a loser that may get better was possible so it was okay with me.

But no, watching this or reading the latest chapter is the same fucking thing. Except that the girls are down to his IQ level now in the manga.

There is no progression whatsoever and (manga arc spoiler)
I am reading the manga because I am too deep now and I want to see how this bs ends but I am not gonna lose my mind with this. The only freaking difference with the current manga is that the manga has one extra character ffs.

People call Senpai/Naoto from Nagatoro a wimp but at least that guy is just an introvert not a total fucking loser who cant go one ep/chp without copying pasting his monologues.

JFC I wish I could drop the manga as well.

ssjokgJul 11, 2022 8:05 AM
Jul 11, 2022 8:31 AM

Mar 2010
Damn pretty straight forward and awkward episode, I need my drama and salt.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 11, 2022 10:08 PM

May 2017
Just when you think the plot goes into reasonable direction, the cringe returns 🤣
Jul 12, 2022 11:53 AM
May 2020
yhh, the weekly renting wouldve been absurd if it continued.. now a lost key!?!?!?!?
Jul 12, 2022 5:34 PM

Oct 2015
Damn Kazuya is bold for having lewd thoughts about Mizuhara in front of her granny.

I think Mizuhara heard Kazuya at the hospital, so she pretended to have lost a key to get closer to him.

Next week it's about to go down.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 12, 2022 7:37 PM

Jan 2019
aight, the fence becoming transparent around the MC's head was wickedly distracting and looked terrible.

I find myself fast forwarding through a lot of his inner monologues.

Not really sure why I enjoyed the first season tbh.

Looks like we'll get some intense rom com absurdity next episode.
Jul 13, 2022 1:20 AM
Jun 2022
Honestly the way that the new season presents itself it’s not all that eye catching or interesting. The animation is okay although I did see a couple people mention the fence going invisible, I didn’t like it either but to be fair it is better than having his face obscured, then again it probably would’ve been better if it was. This series still makes me want to bash my head into a wall, all that’s stopping me from doing so is wanting to see mami chan as in my opinion she’s the only one with an actual decent idea behind her.
Jul 13, 2022 5:25 AM

Jan 2021
that was quite cringe ep ngl like previous ep
Roxy

Jul 13, 2022 6:11 PM

Oct 2021
This is the anime that blends spring and summer together. I am up-to-date with the manga. I know what's gonna happen. I know where Season 2 is headed. But this season is not that bad. In fact, it's only refreshing. Episode 2 made me refresh my liking for this series.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 13, 2022 9:36 PM

Jul 2015
CannedMarmalade said:

Honestly, I wish it didn't. His face annoys me.
I am sleepy
Jul 13, 2022 9:44 PM

Jul 2015
Such a lame episode. Even worse than the first one. Honestly, I am starting to get mad because this show used to have so much potential and I was very excited about its release when I first heard of its story. But it keeps dragging, goes nowhere and I am bored of it. Even the OP and Ed are cringy to me. I no longer like any characters in it except for the Grandmas. At this rate, I may end up dropping it soon...
I am sleepy
Jul 14, 2022 2:14 AM
Sep 2021
Too cliche, way too cringe for me to watch the entire series and even the OP itself. In this situation, we're just going all around in this circus show thus cringe king Kazuya will just keep simping for his fake gf Chizuru until the end of the series. Think about this too, Ruka's character can be defined as stupid since her attitude towards and terminology about "love" is completely nonsense and incoherent in order to attain and have a good relationship. Ruka showing all love to Kazuya but Kazuya never liked her according to the looks on his face, he just became her boyfriend because she was crying about it. Having to see all go shambles and everytime that Kazuya sees Chizuru, just completely dies out because of how cute she is. That's a realistic aspect or internal expression but reusing those moments and expression is just way too cliche and annoying. And for the final part of this shitshow, from looking at every character, there's no such improvement especially from the MC. In the first season, we saw nothing but a plot push from every character. Then, right now there must've something that will happen or maybe changes in Kazuya's perspective or inner thoughts. Look, if Kazuya was too honest to himself and has a heart of a lion then the series shoulldn't have been going on this way, a complete nonsense.
SmitemilkJul 14, 2022 2:23 AM
Jul 14, 2022 5:31 AM

May 2009
davidyodo24 said:
CannedMarmalade said:

more easier to animated?
same thing happen in Haikyuu as well

It's to show face better.
Jul 15, 2022 5:22 PM
Apr 2014
So does anyone know the song played during the play flashback?
Jul 16, 2022 12:46 AM

Jun 2020
So basically it's pay to win yeah right say that again to the whales, Did everyone just forget Ruka exists and she's still here well glad that she's getting some early screentime and I want more

If all of the dates didn't progress a bit I'm gonna be mad that it's the same recycled content all over again not like that's the premise of the whole series well I don't know for sure

Talking to Chizuru's grandma is a new thing but not that big of a deal even the favor is not that big of a change but it shows the interest that her grandma kind of relies on Kazuya a bit so that's good to hear, But calm down about the death jokes she probably has a death wish by now.
Jul 16, 2022 2:55 PM
Nov 2019
Man Kazuya really needs to learn to hold a normal conversation with Chizuru, at least the show admits he has one brain cell.
Jul 17, 2022 5:50 PM

Dec 2015
I thought this episode was a lot slower and boring than the first episode. It did have its moments like the batting cages or Chizuru's grandma, Sayuri's one-on-one talk. I do feel bad for Ruka since she clearly loves this guy but Kazuya just doesn't want to let her into his life and keep her at a distance; which is ironic considering he had similar thoughts with him and Chizuru.
Jul 17, 2022 8:41 PM

Aug 2014
Im starting to get annoyed at how the male MC is just so weak and pathetic with the female MC. SHE DOESNT LIKE YOU!!!!!

Focus on the ribbon-head girl that likes you
Jul 21, 2022 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
I found the location of the ED song

Toyosu pier - Harumibashi Park
I remembered it because I was there in 2018 and 2019 on bicycle :D

Chizuru is such a player ;o
Thyriad-oPPailovJul 21, 2022 2:14 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 22, 2022 4:41 PM

Jul 2022
really hate it when old people in anime start 'begging'
Jul 22, 2022 9:03 PM

Jan 2016
Sometimes anime is really painful to watch! This season will put my no drop policy to the test.
Wise men once said you need to watch the garbage to appreciate the good.
Jul 29, 2022 12:07 AM

Mar 2018
THAT'S A LOT OF SALT!
..in the comments xD

Good episode :P
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 16, 2022

256 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 1, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

140 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

154 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

134 by venbals »»
Mar 1, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2022

257 by LSSJGABRIEL21 »»
Jan 22, 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.