Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
The last episode of Season 2...and they decide to focus on the family of the rental girlfriend, her grandma Sayuri, and their now-deceased grandfather Katsuhito.

The tales of the juvenile young-un Chizuru before she turned into the path of her parents, most particularly of Grandma Sayuri being an actress in her young days, and Chizuru would end up the wish-fulfillment doing the same in respect to her grandma, which Grandpa Katsuhito is most obliged to support their only daughter in whatever she wants to do growing up. But in that whisk of moment, it's the same dream that would get her grandfather involved in a fatal accident with Truck-kun. That being said, Chizuru's name having a meaning is more symbolic than anything.

To Chizuru, all hope is not lost yet, for shrine prayers will still create a miracle in the hope that Grandpa Katsuhito will wake up, which he is not getting any better. But the hopes of getting her grandpa to live even a sliver of hope, and that dream...he will never get to see it fulfilled. It's all a lie...and then the stupiak simp arrived to tell her that he started a crowdfunding for her movie in order to show Grandma Sayuri.

Hmm, Kazuya at this point isn't a stupid simp after all, though the limp dick has its moments. And right now, the only person on his mind to help realize her dream, and with her request that keeps the persistent Kazuya in his loop, boys like Kazuya are stupid, but reliable when they can initiate, and undoubtedly, one of Kazuya's shining moments.

[b]That's the end of the season covering Volumes 7 (halfway) to 12, though we're still a long way from that meme point. It's still "so bad it's good" at the decent level, so another fine season it is.

ALSO, SHOULD WE BE SURPRISED THAT SEASON 3 IS COMING???
https://twitter.com/kanokari_anime/status/1570818419867652100
KANLen09Sep 16, 2022 7:36 PM
Sep 16, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I kinda felt bad for Mizuhara for her movie audition rejection. Life sucks.

The episode focused a lot on Mizuhara herself and how she can move on with her future. I'd also say this is one of the more tragic episode in the series given how much Katsuhito affected her life. Episode would've been better if Kazuya was absent but of course, he had to be there with his lewd fantasies.

This episode felt like it might of been better to be added mid-season though.

Lol, season 3 announced

https://kanokari-official.com/news/1684/
Sep 16, 2022 9:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Season 3 announced through the Petit? Now, that's pretty classy stuff! I was waiting for the announcement on Twitter but they had different plans in mind. I knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when and how, and I'm glad to see that we didn't have to wait for too long. They really stopped at a bad point to keep us waiting...

Rip to Mizuhara's grandfather, he was a great support and helped her to become the strong woman that she is now. It was sad to see how Mizuhara desperately attempted to save her grandfather by praying to God by running up and down those stairs.

Credits to Kazuya for doing his research and giving her one more chance of hope to make it in the nick of time to at least show herself on stage to her grandmother. Didn't expect the grandmother to have played that kind of role though, my reaction was the same as Mizuhara's lmao. To be honest, he's been a lot better this season in helping Mizuhara move forward. I'm not sure about his expenditures and whatnot though, lol.

All in all, I think this season was better than the previous. We got to see more of the same quality moments from Mizuhara, a more proactive Ruka and some more of precious Sumi-chan scenes, how can I not say so xD? Mizuhara's storyline seemed to have been the overarching plot and will probably continue so for a few more episodes, I'm hoping for a solid closure on that.

I'll miss CHiCO's voice...

@WVM No idea, I've been dropping by here hoping that someone will reveal that soon.
_MushiRock11_Sep 16, 2022 11:11 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 16, 2022 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
YESSSSS A THIRD SEASON!!!!!! I JUST LOVE THIS ANIME!!!

This episode was sooo good, Chizuru's past is just insanely sad, I F love her grandparents, and Chizuru deserve to be in a movie, just as her Grandpa said.
Kazuya is now one of my favorite characters of all time in a romance anime, just because of the way he thinks of Chizuru. Damn, I have so many things to say, but I don't know where else I should take this comment thread.
Anyway, I think I saw a glimpse of maybe a new Girl at the bar drinking some juice idk? She had a unique hairstyle so it's obvious she will have something to do with Kazuya... I just hope their movie production goes ok... I Guess I'll find that out in season 3!
Congratulations!!!!!
Looking forward to the next Season!
Sep 16, 2022 10:12 AM
Oct 2021
now the best arc begins, hyped as fuck
Sep 16, 2022 10:14 AM
Aug 2021
season 3 gonna be peak
Sep 16, 2022 10:37 AM

May 2020
Dayum... the drama in this episode felt like something straight out of some soap opera lol. We were pretty much aware of Mizuhara's circumstances all this time, but to see how and when she got that urge of becoming an actress isn't something half bad for a finale.

Kazuya for once in his life is about to something.. that's the biggest ever positive to take from this episode and this season as well. Also thank goodness the episode didn't have those usual unbearable moments in insufferable amounts, as for the rest we are pretty much used to it at this point.

And of course season 3's coming cuz people out there don't know where to spend money.
Sep 16, 2022 10:54 AM
Apr 2022
SEASON 3 GONNA BE PEAK

can't wait more 🥲🥲🥲
Sep 16, 2022 10:57 AM

Jan 2017
An awesome season with an awesome ending!
Kazuya was pretty cool in this ep too, can't wait for the sequel!!
Sep 16, 2022 10:57 AM
Apr 2022
Usopp8000 said:
YESSSSS A THIRD SEASON!!!!!! I JUST LOVE THIS ANIME!!!

This episode was sooo good, Chizuru's past is just insanely sad, I F love her grandparents, and Chizuru deserve to be in a movie, just as her Grandpa said.
Kazuya is now one of my favorite characters of all time in a romance anime, just because of the way he thinks of Chizuru. Damn, I have so many things to say, but I don't know where else I should take this comment thread.
Anyway, I think I saw a glimpse of maybe a new Girl at the bar drinking some juice idk? She had a unique hairstyle so it's obvious she will have something to do with Kazuya... I just hope their movie production goes ok... I Guess I'll find that out in season 3!
Congratulations!!!!!
Looking forward to the next Season!

is if true that SEASON 3 is announced???

if it's true than I'm the most blessed one
Sep 16, 2022 11:03 AM

May 2021
Great episode! This time it focused on Chizuru's perspective which was nice to see.
Chizuru's grandfather was very energetic for his age xD.
Chizuru started to aspire to be an actress in her third year of middle school.
She also found videos of her grandma starring in films on CD at the shop!
She told her grandparents she wanted to become an actress and her grandfather was very happy she finally had a dream!
But one day he was involved in a car crash from someone who ran a red light...
He was brought to the hospital.
Chizuru ran away from the hospital and prayed he would survive.
When she came back, his condition didn't seem too good though he moved his arm!
He spoke a few words to Chizuru that were his final ones...
'If you wish...your dreams...will come true.'
Then died nano desu.
Whilst Chizuru was crying, Kazuya rung the bell and showed her a crowdfunding campaign to make her own movie!
'Let' make a movie together!'
She asks for him to let her think about it.
The expenses will be around 2 to 3 million yen but he doesn't know if there will be enough time for Sayuri to see it...
Chizuru rings his doorbell and...
She asks if he will be devoted to do it and not give up halfway and he agrees.

Great season and it seems another has already been announced!
I am looking forward to the day chapter 218 iirc) is adapted!
Rem4lifexDSep 16, 2022 11:11 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 16, 2022 11:08 AM
Apr 2021
Great closing for opening S3
Sep 16, 2022 11:09 AM
Apr 2022
_MushiRock11_ said:
Season 3 announced through the Petit? Now, that's pretty classy stuff! I was waiting for the announcement on Twitter but they had different plans in mind. I knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when and how, and I'm glad to see that we didn't have to wait for too long. They really stopped at a bad point to keep us waiting...

Rip to Mizuhara's grandfather, he was a great support and helped her to become the strong woman that she is now. It was sad to see how Mizuhara desperately attempted to save her grandfather by praying to God by running up and down those stairs.

Credits to Kazuya for doing his research and giving her one more chance of hope to make it in the nick of time to at least show herself on stage to her grandmother. Didn't expect the grandmother to have played that kind of role though, my reaction was the same as Mizuhara's lmao. To be honest, he's been a lot better this season in helping Mizuhara move forward. I'm not sure about his expenditures and whatnot though, lol.

All in all, I think this season was better than the previous. We got to see more of the same quality moments from Mizuhara, a more proactive Ruka and some more of precious Sumi-chan scenes, how can I not say so xD? Mizuhara's storyline seemed to have been the overarching plot and will probably continue so for a few more episodes, I'm hoping for a solid closure on that.

do you know upto which chapter did season 2 adapted
Sep 16, 2022 11:12 AM
Apr 2022
_MushiRock11_ said:

@WVM No idea, I've been dropping by here hoping that someone will reveal that soon.

I got it till CHAPTER 103
Sep 16, 2022 11:14 AM

Nov 2016
When your grandpa has Frieza's voice but he ain't as durable lmfao 😢

Great finale and again big yes to S3. Keep malding haters 😘

Kazuya >> you

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2022 11:18 AM
Apr 2022
FMmatron said:

Great finale and again big yes to S3. Keep malding haters 😘

Kazuya >> you

finally someone spoke the harsh truth

kazuya >>> you
Sep 16, 2022 11:30 AM
Jul 2022
This season was fucking awesome dude
Sep 16, 2022 11:47 AM
Apr 2022
season 3 will be more
Sep 16, 2022 11:53 AM
Mar 2021
man i fucking love trash
Sep 16, 2022 11:56 AM
Sep 2018
It had a ton of emotional weight and very steady pacing. I can't wait for the next season.
Sep 16, 2022 11:59 AM
Nov 2021
Out of all the episodes this season, this one had to be the best out of all of them. This season really dragged low, but episode 12 brought it up a bit. With the backstory of Chizuru’s grandpa, it really made me tear up on the inside. Now her grandma has barely any time left, it leaves me on edge to see what happens in the 3rd season that just go announced

Kazuya actually kinda did something in this episode 2, he recommend the crowd fund website for the movie making.

I’m excited to see what happens next season
Sep 16, 2022 12:08 PM

Jan 2017
Chizuru's decent backstory segment is immediately shattered by Kazuya's hilarious proposal xD

oh boy cant wait to see his Kickstarter Movie™ to crash and burn in the next season
Sep 16, 2022 12:12 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Acting schools always have fierce competition but i guess only the best can get roles. But given both her dream and the need to care for her gran being a rental was a good match for her. But the effort that she puts in to help her gran really is superhuman. Hmm Chizuru back in junior high sure was quite the hothead. Her grandfather was quite the character back then. To lose him at such a young age was just tragic. As ideas go though Crowdfunding was an interesting one. But one that I hope will be successful because after seeing how Chi chan lost her grandfather I really want to see her be able to show her gran just how much her skills as an actress have come and fulfill that promise. Can't wait to see season 3 when it comes out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2022 12:19 PM
May 2020
grandpa gets isekaid what can is say
Sep 16, 2022 12:21 PM
Jan 2018
This episode in particular kind of elevated the entire season for me.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Sep 16, 2022 12:25 PM
Mar 2021
i dont want to say anything abt it
Sep 16, 2022 12:25 PM
Aug 2019
Wooo yeah baby that's what I've been waiting for, season 3
Sep 16, 2022 12:27 PM
Oct 2019
Foi legal, um bom final.
Sep 16, 2022 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
Gramps really reminded me of Kazuya this was a good episode and incase you missed it at the end we got to see some Chizuru side Boob so I can’t complain we’re good 🤝💀
Sep 16, 2022 12:33 PM
Nov 2019
This episode messed me up. The emotion of Chizuru really got me.
Sep 16, 2022 12:52 PM
Feb 2021
best shit i ever watched
Sep 16, 2022 12:59 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I feel sorry for Chizuru, after all that hard work she still couldn't pass the auditions to land a role in one of those movies. The entertainment business can be very cruel sometimes. We get a flash back of Chizuru back in middle school living with her grandpa and grandma. Chizuru at that time didn't seem to have any aspirations for the future even though her grandpa told her to dream big. Chizuru discovered that her Grandma was an actress after watching one of her old films and that inspired her to become an actress. However, things took a turn for the worst when Chizuru was in high school when her grandpa was struck by another driver running a red light while he was driving his car leaving him in critical condition. Chizuru rushed to the hospital to meet her grandma waiting outside of the surgery room, but then she rushed outside of the hospital and to the shrine where she and her grandpa visits and prayed repeatedly hoping that her grandfather will wake up. In the end, it was no use as Chizuru returned to the hospital to see her grandfather unconscious. There was a brief moment where her grandpa showed signs of life, but it was only for him to say his dying words to Chizuru before he passed away.

It seemed that Chizuru was going to have a nervous breakdown between reliving the trauma of loosing her grandfather, failure to get a promising role as an actress, and on the verge of loosing her grandma. All hope was loss until Kazuma stepped in and provided her with an idea to make his own movie starring Chizuzu via crowdfunding. It take one month to prepare and it doesn't take a lot of resources to put it together. Kazuma was finally using what he learn at university majoring in Business Administration. All this was new to Chizuru and she couldn't give a response right away, but after giving it some though she finally accepted Kazuma's idea in hopes of letting her grandma see her on the silver screen before she dies.

And so Season 2 concludes on the beginning of the movie arc with a third being announced already in production. Make sure you stay for the after credit scenes as they are really good and map out some potential plot points for Season 3.

8/10

Can't wait for Season 3.

Sep 16, 2022 1:09 PM
Apr 2019
xddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Sep 16, 2022 1:12 PM
Jan 2022
WHY IS IT OVER ALREADY?????
Sep 16, 2022 1:18 PM
Dec 2021
great! I liked this a lot. I adore Chizuru, She is so perfect!
Sep 16, 2022 1:28 PM

Feb 2021
That was a great finale for the season, I really liked Chizur's backstory.

I really enjoyed this season, felt like it was just as strong as the first one, though I still prefer the first.

Thankfully they already announced season 3 so I'm excited for that.

For now I'll miss watching this show every friday.
Sep 16, 2022 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
This season 2 had potential to be epic with the Mami drama, but its like halfway through, the anime just forgot about Mami

Still a nice season overall.
Sep 16, 2022 1:41 PM
Jun 2021
Funniest anime of the season, Chizuru carried as always but i loved the character development
Sep 16, 2022 1:42 PM

Dec 2019
Amazing ep and sumis whole 10 secs was amazing I love her lol

Also chizurus back story was pretty sad :( poor grandpa rip

Also s3 is coming best arc incoming cant wait
Sep 16, 2022 1:59 PM
Jun 2022
mc finally does something worthy
Sep 16, 2022 2:08 PM
Oct 2016
Ending this second season on the most sincere episode the show has ever had. Focusing almost entirely on Chizuru as the main character of the episode, maybe that's why it was so much better. Seeing her backstory regarding why she started focusing on becoming an actress. The story behind her grandma being am actress back in the day and how Chizuru already had a love for movies so those two things gelled together. Giving her that passion to be am actress her grandma can see on screen. The tragedy of Chizuru grandpa being in that accident and not getting to see her dream come true. Chizuru realizing that not all our dreams can come true. A harsh truth of the world she has been forced to face as she tries to become a successful actress. Kazuya actually coming in clutch with the crowd funding idea to get Chizuru her movie. Raise the funds and make a movie staring Chizuru that her grandma can see. Its a very sweet idea that just might work. I'm glad season three has been confirmed to we can see Chizuru on the big screen too. For all its faults this show can have some good moments and the female characters are pretty good.
Sep 16, 2022 2:16 PM

Feb 2018
Wow, the ending was actually good... but the oldman story felt rushed, is it like that in the manga?
Sep 16, 2022 2:50 PM
Aug 2021
Absolutely fantastic
Sep 16, 2022 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
Honestly, this season has positively surprised me, cause I found season 1 to be cringy and mediocre, and while this one still has a lot of cringe going on (it wouldn't be Rent a Girlfriend otherwise), I felt this season had more heart and character development than the first. Likewise, as someone who generally doesn't like very dramatic moments in comedy series, I say that the serious moments from this season have felt well-executed and not awkward at all, which is something not many comedies do well. It's a pity later development in the manga will make Kazuya return to stage 1, but I'll at least have good memories from this entry. See you in season 3.

FMmatron said:
Indeed. Was nice seeing a voice actor usually used for villainous characters playing a character as wholesome as Chizuru's grandpa.
Sep 16, 2022 3:03 PM

May 2021
Good thing they're ending off with what is pretty much the only good episode of the entire series, revolving mostly around Chizuru's backstory and ending off with Kazuya doing, well, something. It's surprising that he paid attention in his college classes. The more you know.

Also, Chizuru is now officially best girl. yay, I guess.

Sep 16, 2022 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
I'll come out and say it, this was honestly better than the first season. While sure, there were some cringe moments, I wasn't rolling my eyes throughout like I was with the first season. Content honestly improved, and while this episode felt more like a mid point episode, rather than a final ep to a season. It still was a damn fine show, and people are just hating it cause it's cool lmao.

Though seriously, it's amusing how many get twisted over this show lmao.
Sep 16, 2022 3:25 PM
Sep 2021
I don't care what yall say, it will be my opinion.

This show got better in this season.
Sep 16, 2022 3:34 PM

Mar 2010
I felt the same way Mamichan you're not alone on this one...

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 16, 2022 3:37 PM

Feb 2018
Wasn't expecting an emotional episode for the finale.
Sep 16, 2022 3:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a great final episode, it was pretty sad in the first half too regarding Mizuhara’s grandpa, he was a really wholesome lad and he was a great inspiration to her, it was rough to see him go, especially paired with Mizuhara’s reaction, but hopefully Truck-kun insekaid him or something lol. 7th grade Mizuhara was cute too, love the ponytail and how she got along with her grandpa once she found a passion for acting, and wow her grandma was really pretty when she was young, that’s wild lol.

And at the end our boy Kazuya brings up crowdfunding to make a movie so Mizuhara’s grandma can see her on the big screen, that was a fantastic moment, especially once Mizuhara came back to Kazuya’s room to agree to it, definitely a great way to end this second season. And that final shot of Mizuhara in the bath was nice fanservice to end with lol.

I’m so sad to see Season 2 is already over, feels like yesterday Season 1 ended and I began waiting on this season, but man was this a great follow-up to the first season. It maintained the quality and brought us more amazing and hilarious moments between Kazuya and all the girlfriends, really loved the new OP and ED too. I know this got a lot of hate but I’m here to say that I’m a big fan of this series and loved this 2nd season, and I’m very happy to hear a Season 3 was already announced, that is fantastic news and I can’t wait for it.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

140 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

154 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

134 by venbals »»
Mar 1, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2022

257 by LSSJGABRIEL21 »»
Jan 22, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2022

157 by Badak02 »»
Jan 12, 6:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.