Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Hayasaka is one of my favorite characters in the show so seeing her getting more spotlight in a karaoke was an absolute delight, regardless what personality she took on. And she's got a great voice!

Kaguya's little disguise was priceless she herself couldn't keep up a straight face. I hope to see more of Hayasaka singing again this season.

Apr 15, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2020
Honestly can’t even imagine Ishigami and Iino ever being on the same page, atleast for now, so yeah that’s just how being polar opposites mean I guess.

Also about time we’ve this overdue Karaoke chapter getting its time in adaptation, and it still feels like the same comedy gold. Hayasaka and her disguise getting the better of Kaguya, LOL. Still though atleast things got cleared up later on, otherwise who knows what Kaguya might’ve done.
Softhenic03Apr 15, 2022 8:35 AM
Apr 15, 2022 8:30 AM

Jul 2021
Shirogane and Osaragi girl are both testing the true friendship test between Miko and Ishigami. Seems like trying to carry each other, delivering pocky, etc, just doesn’t work as they're polar to one another but that could be a count as a development between them.

They went straight to the Karaoke arc and Shirogane is hanging with some of his friends, and an unexpected encounter with Hayasaka in her bright sunshine mode, also I kind of pity her when she’s around Shirogane? Sometimes it gives me some unsettling moments when like getting around the man who has a girl that literally falls in love with him but that’s just my own problem, ALSO HAYASAKA SINGING WAS SO GOOD need that full version now! Hayasaka holding Shirogane’s hand and trying to do something with him is already a red flag please make it stop Hayasaka, you know his singing is shit, and that moment when they were making noises caught me in the first half not gonna lie! ALSO, PLEASE
my moment with this season is incomplete!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 15, 2022 8:31 AM

Aug 2020
Hayasaka was terrified of the president's singing lol, when Chika heard that he was singing to Hayasaka she got flashbacks. Kaguya thought Hayasaka and shirogane were having sex lol.
Apr 15, 2022 10:00 AM

Sep 2017
Feel like I am forgetting the extent of Shirogane and Hayasaka's relationship. How much does he know of her relationship with Kaguya? What was the deal with her persona that Shirogone just went along with so naturally? Definitely forgetting something here.
Apr 15, 2022 10:02 AM

Jan 2018
Starship troopers is one of my top three films of all time so that ED video caught me so off guard.

Give me more!

I really cannot stress enough how much I geeked out at that.
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Apr 15, 2022 10:03 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
anyone here know the song that Hayasaka sang?
Apr 15, 2022 10:03 AM

Apr 2018
I just gotta love how different Ishigama and Ino are from each other. Them getting along while take a while for sure. Hayasaka getting so much screentime in the second season is legit eye candy. Glad to see her because she's seriously one of the best. The karaoke was pretty fun, espically Hayasaka's singing skills... BRILLIANT!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 15, 2022 10:06 AM

Sep 2021
Really like this episode, as a fan of hayasaka, one of my favorite episodes of kaguya, was really fun and have a great time.

Love that the ED is a continuation of the past ED and is good visually talking, but its my less favourite song of the 3.

Really looking to the arc of this season because as a manga render i have a lot of hype
Apr 15, 2022 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
The first part was hilarious. Ishigami and Iino dynamic is so amusing. I think they could be a couple. The second part seemed kind of sad though seeing things from Hayasaka's perspective and her conversation with Shirogane about putting on an act. But lastly, wow, Hayasaka is such an amazing singer!
Apr 15, 2022 10:12 AM
Oct 2016
Iino and Ishigami are too similar and stubborn right now to get along. Shirogane tried his hardest but they're like two rams constantly hitting heads like its second nature. Iino can barely muster anything remotely positive about Ishigami its hilarious. Ishigami meanwhile does somewhat admire Iino but not to any significant extent. At least that's how it is on the surface for them both. I think that Osaragi is closer to the truth than she realizes, or that Iino and Ishigami realize. Shirogane kinda became the punching bag this episode, as he tends to be. First his plan to help Iino and Ishigami goes down in flames but then he's sabotaged at karaoke by Hayasaka. Kaguya laying down the ultimate guilt trip on Hayasaka to follow Shirogane on the group date. Hayasaka playing the role well but Shirogane does cut to the core of the matter being able to tell Hayasaka is acting a part. It was funny seeing Hayasaka take advantage of all this to get back at Kaguya by trying to seduce Shirogane. Of course the latter dunce just wanting to rap horribly. Shirogane can't get out of his own way.
Apr 15, 2022 10:12 AM

Feb 2019
When it’s all said and done, Kaguya sama is definitely going to be looked back on as a top 2 romcom of all time. Every episode is just so damn funny and goes by so quickly. The karaoke skit had me dying.
Apr 15, 2022 10:13 AM
Aug 2021
Amazing episode! Always love to see Ishigami and hayasaka related episodes! Also the ED’s visuals were amazing !!
Apr 15, 2022 10:14 AM

Jul 2017
I thought the premiere episode was mediocre/boring and the weakest episode of the franchise so far but this was definitely a bounce back to what quality I would expect from a series like this. I enjoyed all segments a hell of a lot more than I did the previous week. Not the best Kaguya-sama episode but it was a good one and a significant improvement enjoyment-wise for me from the first one. Hayasaka was the star of the episode too imo. She actually sang well and I would lowkey listen to it a few times, even with the cheesy, depressing lyrics displaying her 'emotions'. The first segment with forcing Ishigami and Miko to bond with each other was nice too, way better than the earphones segment last time. Osaragi's something else there. This episode definitely played well off the build from the previous episodes of the series with its humor with nice call-backs, from Shirogane's complicated relationship with 'Hayasaka', to his bad singing just occurring at the end just because which led to horrifying flashbacks for Chika. That was nice.
Apr 15, 2022 10:18 AM

Dec 2015
Shows with episodic formula are more likely to not be consistent in quality due to a creation of a whole new scenario for the show to delve into it. Which is why I appreciate how not only Kaguya-sama manage to stay consistent, but the quality we're talking about is above anything else of its genre.
It's also amazing how it creates interesting drama scenarios that hook you in seconds, like the whole question about you puttin on an act. Also, part of me feels like Hayasaka is unironically starting to like Shirogane a bit.
Apr 15, 2022 10:18 AM
Dec 2021
as my fav rom-com love is war never disappoints me in any episode in this episode
HAYASAKA OUR BEST GIRL shows her moves and that part was hilarious af when kaguya thought shirogane is banging hayasaka but in reality his voice was banging hayasaka
Apr 15, 2022 10:26 AM
Sep 2015
Not as strong as the first episode but the ED scene is very interesting with sci-fi setting

Sometimes Kaguya is very innocent, but sometimes she has dirty mind, like she assume that President did something dirty in that karaoke room.
Apr 15, 2022 10:28 AM

Aug 2020
That Ed animation was amazing😂
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Apr 15, 2022 10:30 AM
Feb 2022
I gotta say the ED really caught me off gaurd with it being a reference to starship troopers which is one of my favorite films that really made me smile to see it get recognition in one of my favorite animes!!
Apr 15, 2022 10:31 AM
Aug 2016
Great episode, but since they adapted chapters 103/93/94 i think we won't see the Iceguya arc animated in the third season. Won't complain, just a bit sad.
Apr 15, 2022 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

I love Ishigami was able to complement Iino honestly but conversely, Iino failed to say even a single thing. Kinda makes me sad for Ishigami, great guy but his contributions go unnoticed by Iino. :(

The karoke part was great, Miyuki is more perceptive than he lets on. He had a feeling Hayasaka was putting on an act last time.
Kaguya's misunderstanding was hilarious and I love even Chika decided to peace out once she heard Miyuki was gonna sing. xD
Apr 15, 2022 10:38 AM

Aug 2017
Those “sounds” were hilarious

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 15, 2022 10:43 AM

Dec 2021
2 EP in and this is probably already my anime of the year lmao.
道 
Apr 15, 2022 10:47 AM

Jun 2021
I've read this karaoke chapter so many times yet Kaguya's expression on hearing Hayasaka and Shirogane killed me 🤣🤣
Apr 15, 2022 10:54 AM

Jul 2012
I feel like the first parts were too exaggerated, but still really good. The ear cleaning tactic ...

Hayasaka is just the best. The innuendo part fits anime more and hearing Kaguya's reactions is so good. The VAs doing such an amazing job as always.

All the despair faces ..................

Didn't except that ED, holy that was amazing. Just simply another short anime ep.
Apr 15, 2022 10:55 AM
Apr 2020
Absolute peak adaptation! Just as great as the first episode, loved every second.
Apr 15, 2022 10:57 AM

Mar 2016
This episode really opened up Hayasaka more in terms of her character and how she truly feels. I like how she casually referred to a "sister" during her rambling to Shirogane. She and Kaguya are definitely more or less like sisters, which will turn out endearing as we go more into the mix of things regarding Kaguya's family drama (which at this point in the story isn't too much of an issue storywise).

Poor Chika, though. Just thinking about Shirogane's horrendous singing will traumatize her for life, considering how much effort she put in previously to train the young man xDDD
Apr 15, 2022 10:57 AM

Nov 2016
Between Hayasaka singing and the ending, I dunno which one I enjoyed listening more to. The visuals for the latter are also pretty orginal.

Hilarious episode as always.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2011

Fujiwara is dream friend. You call after dark, she drops whatever she is doing, dress up, and get to the place quickly.
Apr 15, 2022 11:10 AM
Nov 2016
That Starship Trooper ED came completely out of left field...would you like to know more?
Apr 15, 2022 11:12 AM
Nov 2016
BlichoBoy said:

Fujiwara is dream friend. You call after dark, she drops whatever she is doing, dress up, and get to the place quickly.

Chika is, and always has been, best girl of the series, period!
Apr 15, 2022 11:13 AM
May 2021
Hahaa such a funny ep, Shirogane rapping xD
Apr 15, 2022 11:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Such a catchy opening. Ishigami's Ino's fixer huh. Still behind the scenes both of them sure worked hard helping each other unknowingly. The Ishigami Ino ear cleaning variant sure is unique. But then so was every one of their mission results. Poor Hayasaka being used as a shield by Kaguya. But damm she 's damm good at reining in the prez with false guilt. Still Hayasaka going off script to fulfill that dare though was an interesting development on her side. Overall an excellent ep as always that provided some nice expansion on Ishigami, Ino and Hayasaka via some rather creative comedy. Loved the ending theme and the visuals that came with it. An alien invasion is a pretty unique setting for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2022 11:17 AM

May 2020
best girl hayasaka getting more screen time
lets goooooooooooooo

Apr 15, 2022 11:18 AM
Feb 2021
jas-samaaa said:
Hahaa such a funny ep, Shirogane rapping xD

That gave Chika some vietnam flashbacks :v
Apr 15, 2022 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
Not as great as 1st episode but it was pretty good all right... and holy shit that ED! my 2nd fav ending after s1 and I mean Kaguya one..
Apr 15, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2016
The first part is hilarious with Ishigami and Iino friendship plan by Shirogane. The steps its just making the pair angry at each other. Liked the different approach with Osaragi making a plan which is funny. Like the robotic voices which makes it funnier.

The next is more on dramatic karaoke part which has build up from past season which Hayasaka seduces Shirogane this is the sequel to it. Kaichou is perceptive how she was acting her fake persona. Which gives some dynamic between them. Hayasaka singing is nice too. And its ended with more hilarious note because of Kaichou sucked at rapping songs which its gonna be a plotpoint by Chika later on lmao. Even Chika getting that PTSD about it.

The ED btw is very beautiful with visuals and song. And its a sequel to ED 1 so its amazing.

Overall great episode

Apr 15, 2022 11:25 AM

Dec 2018
fujiwara's war flashbacks were hilarous. that alternate universe ED is amazing
Apr 15, 2022 11:30 AM

Oct 2018
Can't wait for the full version of Hayasaka's song
Apr 15, 2022 11:34 AM
Jan 2022
animejas said:
I thought the premiere episode was mediocre/boring and the weakest episode of the franchise so far but this was definitely a bounce back to what quality I would expect from a series like this. I enjoyed all segments a hell of a lot more than I did the previous week. Not the best Kaguya-sama episode but it was a good one and a significant improvement enjoyment-wise for me from the first one. Hayasaka was the star of the episode too imo. She actually sang well and I would lowkey listen to it a few times, even with the cheesy, depressing lyrics displaying her 'emotions'. The first segment with forcing Ishigami and Miko to bond with each other was nice too, way better than the earphones segment last time. Osaragi's something else there. This episode definitely played well off the build from the previous episodes of the series with its humor with nice call-backs, from Shirogane's complicated relationship with 'Hayasaka', to his bad singing just occurring at the end just because which led to horrifying flashbacks for Chika. That was nice.
Yes, I dont know why every season of Kaguaya anime has average Episode 1..(Season 1 ep1 was also meh)
Apr 15, 2022 11:38 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Pure masterpiece they truly outdid themselves especially with ED.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Apr 15, 2022 11:40 AM

Oct 2017
Hayasaka killed Shirogane with her song, those lyrics were killer. Thou she almost died from Shirogane's rap. Also poor Fujiwara, her reaction was hilarious.
Apr 15, 2022 11:43 AM
Sep 2021
Loved it

The Ishigami and Iino Relationship is still fucked up

Hayasaka takes revenge on kaguya about the dare from season 2 but actually she got fucked by the song of Shirogane

Kaguya was Scared about losing her lovely President
Shelby07Apr 15, 2022 11:49 AM
Apr 15, 2022 11:44 AM
Mar 2018
A good mix of drama and comedy this episode, also got the foucs on best girl hayaska. Also we finally got to hear president's amazing singing voice, which, yeah, didn't disappoint.
Apr 15, 2022 11:44 AM

Sep 2020
Another great episode! The part where Ishigami and Miko get to know each other more is so funny~
Apr 15, 2022 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
Shelby07 said:
The Ishigami and Lino Relationship is still fucked up

Her name is actually iino*, not lino
Apr 15, 2022 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
Dang it, I wanted to hear Shirogane's terrible rapping! Well, I'm sure we'll get more of that later.

Pretty solid for what was in many ways more of a set-up episode for things to come both this season and beyond.
Apr 15, 2022 11:48 AM
Sep 2021
FlamepriesT said:
Shelby07 said:
The Ishigami and Lino Relationship is still fucked up

Her name is actually iino*, not lino

Oh Sry about that.
Apr 15, 2022 11:52 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, the ending referencing Starship Troopers was random and hilarious. xD Insta respect to whoever's responsible.
Apr 15, 2022 11:52 AM

Apr 2019
The results from todays episode: Hayasaka in indeed, best girl.

And DAMN the visuals for the ED were god tier! Loved it so much.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

331 by JustalilPyu »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.