Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2022 4:24 PM

Apr 2013
Zprotu said:
Danae said:
I literally have NO clue why MAPPA cut so many memory shards, but they still kept high school au and Reiner in the sauna, which wasn't even in the manga. What is the point of putting these in? Highschool au cannot be understood by anime onlies in the first place. There were plenty more important shards that didn't make it anyway. This is quite confusing and I see no reason why they'd do it if this wasn't Isayama's instruction. I'm not even an AOE hopechad, I fully believe the ending will be the same shit but... unless for trolling purposes what's the reason??

Other than that, this was a solid episode. I loved the memory shard sequence, it reminded me of Space Odyssey or something lol. Porco's ending was as goated as in the manga, his character conclusion was spectacular imo. Eren's beheading was also gruesome which was a pleasant surprise since I expected a censored mess.

Next episode shall be one of my top 3 chapters, peak fiction fr. I absolutely can't wait for it, I have such high hopes and I hope it will live up to them.

mappa adapted most of the memory shards and cut the irrelevant ones
Yeah sauna shard and school caste shard are so relevant to the plot. Right.
Jan 23, 2022 4:25 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
xenosys said:
The scene where Eren drops the baseball confirming that whilst he 'agreed' with Zeke's plan in principal, they weren't really on the same page, only for Eren to confirm that in PATHs. Great symbolism. Only for Zeke to then play 4D chess with Eren.

I think that was a pivotal moment, and I bet both of them knew from that moment they would not be 100% with each other. It was obvious Zeke was hoping for that perfect catch and Eren was like, whoops, sorry must be weak from the hospital.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐼𝒻 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒,
𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎’𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔. *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Jan 23, 2022 4:26 PM
Oct 2019
Oh my god!!! The Plot Twist, The Music everything is Amazing!!!
and i don't think this is PEAK AOT yet...

what a wild episode!!!

Jan 23, 2022 4:32 PM

Mar 2016
I like the way Eren tried to reach out and stop Zeke from turning everyone into titans. A silent way of showing he still cares, instead of flat out stating it.

In his dying moment, Porco finally looked a bit attractive. I guess he just needed to get mutilated to stop being ugly. lol

Eren used hardening like Annie!

They made the decapitation and the head-catch scene quite fun. I was dreading that they might do it in an uninspiring way. But, it was done well. The pacing and tension and camera angle and everything!

When the titans returned, the soundtrack from season 1 also returned. That was nice. It's like tying things up for the end.

I loved the way OG-Ymir moved the sand when she walked. And the way the chains turned to sand too. The animation was really beautiful!

Eren's head looked like Porco's when in profile view. lol.

Now that the anime has finally covered this part of the story, I can finally say this thing that I have been curious about ever since I had read it in the manga: did Ymir also make Zeke's pp with the sand? lol Also, can titan shifters request "enhancements" if they feel like it?

It has been so long that I can no longer remember why Eren didn't get Historia's help to access the founder's power. If he'd done that, a lot of the problem with Zeke could have been avoided.

I assumed the title of this episode "Ani to Otouto" referred to Eren and Zeke, but I like how it actually referred to almost all of the brothers here. Eren and Zeke, Falco and Colt, and even the two Galliards.

Did titans transfer memories by touching? I don't remember that being a part of SnK. That feels more Ajin to me.
Jan 23, 2022 4:42 PM

Jul 2016
Unbelievably amazing episode. Everything adapted perfectly. I got chills when flaco turned into a Titan, the ost and sound design was impeccable.
Eren getting his head blown off and the following scene entering the paths were also breathtaking and flawless.

All the ost and sound design was just so good, I got so emotional considering I already knew what happened, but it was really enhanced from the manga in every way.
10/10, easily one of, if not the best episode of s4, one of if not the BEST episode in the whole series. Cannot wait enough for the next episode.
Penguins are funny
Jan 23, 2022 4:51 PM
Sep 2015
Amazing I have no words to express how I feel about this episode, just wow.

So many things happened, just wow.

Jan 23, 2022 4:59 PM

Mar 2018
I wished for less content being cut...other than that...it was a good episode!!

Gabi is GOATED...she almost saved humanity, including most of the eldians...>_< :))
Jan 23, 2022 5:13 PM
Mar 2021
This episode was astonishing! It left me absolutely speechless. I watched it more than an hour ago and I still haven't emotionally recovered
Jan 23, 2022 5:20 PM

Jan 2013
I am speechless, what! I think i need to rewatch this a 2nd time!
Shingeki always peaking, holly hell! What an insane episode!

Starting from Zeke almost dying to Gabi blowing Eren's head off!
And that ending! There's no way this is the end, but on one thing i am happy! Eren was bluffing all this time, he never wanted to euthanasiate the eldians, what a GOAT!

Oh and also the whole Falco scene, damn!
Can't wait for the next episode! What a journey!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 23, 2022 5:47 PM

Sep 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:
Zprotu said:

mappa adapted most of the memory shards and cut the irrelevant ones
Yeah sauna shard and school caste shard are so relevant to the plot. Right.

well according to isayama, the school caste au is canon
and we might never know, these memory shards may contribute to an aoe of sorts
Jan 23, 2022 5:53 PM
Mar 2019
rip porco :(
Also I was so ready to watch Reiner die to let Falco live lol

Oh!!! And all those flashes right after Eren’s head is blown off, 10 out of 10 episode fr fr. kinda tired of Gabi tbh, I don’t like her even after all that happened. Anyways loved the episode and can’t wait for next week!

Zeke u suck xp
qattuki_Jan 23, 2022 5:58 PM
Jan 23, 2022 5:55 PM
Nov 2020
I mean, yeah a lot happened, but was it that great?

Btw I'm not manga reader.

I'd say each second is overfilled with some random action, it is amazing, a lot is happening, but it is becoming boring. The scenes has no purpose, the story was about 3 friends struggling on the battlefield vs unknown enemy. Now we know everything and there is no struggle (well, there is some, but the minute after we are shown there actually is not).

The episode was full of crap - Zeke got shot, they are fine, Eren so beaten full two episodes, each scene seems like he's finally gonna die but he still goes Rambo beating crap out of them.
It is actually the same as in the previous season. Each fight was for so long up and down as a roller-coaster, but when I'm seeing this pattern for like 100th time I won't fall for it again.
So Zeke is finally going to roar (idk why he waited so long) when this guy stood in front of him shouting some nonsense, but who actually cares about Falco, why would Zeke care, what was that O.o
(the same pattern again, completely unnecessary scene wedged in, so everyone (characters included) can just stop everything and go WOWOW)...
So they just shoot some characters for another 3 times to make it really super interesting and we can finally proceed.

So we left comfortable domain of nonstop action and we got transferred into somewhere.
They say some philosophical bs, ok fine, let's finish this.
Or not the guy is literally chained into sand in some other dimension just to do another plot twist??? Well this is just trash.

What comes next? Levi will appear there behead them all and once Ymir is dead they will all turn 3D. But that is not all, Eren then wakes up in that desert once more bcs that was only his dream, then anything, and then to make it interesting and not repetitive again he will wake up once more, the day before the airship invasion.

Whatever, it is last season, I'm gonna finish it but it is pain, there is nothing from the original and those plot twist are killing me (in the bad way for the record). The more I think about it the worse it is.

Huge disappointment.

PS. once more, I haven't read manga and since many ppl here are reacting to studio's job, I want to make clear that I don't care about that (but the animation is fine to watch and they used sound from the first series so I enjoyed that at least)
Jan 23, 2022 5:57 PM

Jun 2020
is this what gozha comes back to
Jan 23, 2022 5:58 PM

Aug 2020
This part where Eren's head finally got blown off was adapted. I think it's an amazing adaption. The way they froze the time and showed all the things happening around was awesome too. Good job mappa

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 23, 2022 6:01 PM

May 2019
sorry but I can't not laught at that titan Falco LMAO HE LOOKS LIKE KERMIT WHAT'S THAT MOUTH PLS

This should've been a serious episode but my boy is chomping Reiner's neck and I can't take it seriously.

Oh, and also stuff with Eren's head happened, I guess. I really respect Gabi as a character.

Is Zeke immortal or what? I don't think even characters like Luffy or Deku escaped certain death as much as that dude. JUST DIE ALREADY PLEASE.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 23, 2022 6:05 PM

Oct 2018
Now I kind of regret jumping ahead in the manga. Eren losing his head would have been such a huge shock to me. It was well done.

Jan 23, 2022 6:07 PM

Mar 2021
great adaptation for this episode, kino af... really worth the wait >_<

those shards
AzraiiiJan 23, 2022 6:27 PM
🐐

Jan 23, 2022 6:10 PM

Jul 2020
zeke scream was epic. the true intentions of the brother was unfold gj mappa. i was expecting it to be good and the episode speaks up itself
Jan 23, 2022 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
In the end Eren was the one with no freedom. From anime aspect.
LOL Yelena doing Yoga in peace.
All the budget went into eye.

What are these? Titans?
Jan 23, 2022 6:39 PM

Mar 2020
Well.. Eren was always an airhead..
Jan 23, 2022 6:42 PM
Jun 2021
thank you isayama and thank you mappa for making my weekend so much better. This episode was a masterpiece from start to finish!
Jan 23, 2022 7:04 PM

Aug 2019
Absolutely CRAZY EPPPP!! As someone who has read the manga I am pleased w/ Mappa for adapting the Gabi shot and the intro to the PATHS... It's going to get even crazier from here on out....
READ THE BEGINNING AFTER THE END. Seriously, it is an S-tier manwha and should be added to mal in the future.
Jan 23, 2022 7:13 PM

Apr 2021
Attack on Titan man!!!!.....almost every time I watch an episode of Aot.....I've always felt tense and nervous even after reading the manga it still feels the same!!!
Anyways Eren and Zeke managed to activate the founder and now they're in the "PATHS".....Can't wait to see the next episode :)
Jan 23, 2022 7:14 PM

Feb 2021
that recap in the middle was pretty unnecessary
Jan 23, 2022 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
A true definition of perfection!!
One of the best episode I have ever watched, and easily the episode of the year so far!!
Jan 23, 2022 7:15 PM
Feb 2021
This episode was absolutely breathtaking and Mind blowing. Mappa really went above and beyond this going all out in this episode. As usual Mikasa was so alluring,path scene was nicely done. It also hits hard with extremely despair scene happening there like Keith, Neil and their squadron turning into titans. The scene that hit me most hard was Falco brother begging to Zeke and him still holding Falco when Falco turned into titan. We get to see Tragic poor Yimir as well. It will be interesting to see her backstory like how she become like this.

Overall, episode was Masterpiece and can't wait to look forward for the next week episode.
Jan 23, 2022 7:18 PM

Sep 2018
A very nice episode aesthetically (even if it came off as somewhat pretentious in it's execution), but all those "no, I was the one deceiving you!" moments between Zeke and Eren were fricking lame lol... Didn't come as a shock, and I also didn't expect Eren to die when his head got blown off either. So the twists weren't all that great.
Jan 23, 2022 7:19 PM

Feb 2021
Weebookey said:

Yes but he still would have died after that? A head can be conscious for around 1 minute after decapitation.

Yeah so about that.

Just buckle up and hold on tight for these next episodes it’s some of the best parts in AoT

Yeah lol. I'm a manga reader and I can't describe how hyped I'm for the next episode!

Jan 23, 2022 7:36 PM

Jan 2020
Fantastic episode. The first two episodes weren't bad or anything but this was undoubtedly the peak of the season so far and arguably one of the best bits in the series lmao.

I loved the way they adapted things and the path transition especially was very nice. The to be continued was painful to look at

Jan 23, 2022 7:42 PM

Aug 2020
That was an intense episode to say the least. I thought it was quite good.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Jan 23, 2022 7:43 PM

Dec 2021
Loved it and it's ezly a 5/5 ep , love the animation & the OST's which were used in this ep
Jan 23, 2022 7:44 PM

Dec 2014
Wondering that why do Eren and Zeke has to wait for so many years in order to touch each other to activate the power when they have so many chances in these years?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 23, 2022 7:48 PM

Jun 2014
Ah, peak fiction.
Jan 23, 2022 7:53 PM

Jul 2016
aLotQuestion_ said:
Wondering that why do Eren and Zeke has to wait for so many years in order to touch each other to activate the power when they have so many chances in these years?

Because reasons.
Jan 23, 2022 7:58 PM

Jun 2020
Well that was quite the episode this week, I would've guessed it Zeke would scream nonetheless in this dire situation but props to him for keeping his actions absolute

That scene where Eren was running and I saw a smudge on that screen that was Gabi and by that exact moment I knew he'd be dead in an instant

How the tables have turned against Eren with Zeke continuing his plan all this time was baffling who knows what's next for them well the manga readers do.

Jan 23, 2022 8:00 PM
Oct 2021
It's not about Marley vs Eldia anymore.
It's about attack on titan fandom vs gabi,
Never thought I could develop such a hate towards a 12 year old fictional character.
She is not surviving this war because of her skills, but because of the sasha and others sympathy, I hate her so much so that I want her to have cruel death.
Jan 23, 2022 8:07 PM

Aug 2020
Crack said:
that recap in the middle was pretty unnecessary

Lmao... It was more than necessary
It emphasised the scene which wasn't shown on the Ep 15 of part 1 which showcased that Eren wasn't on the same page as Zeke hence why he dropped the baseball

It's subtle but very poignant and necessary
Jan 23, 2022 8:12 PM
Jun 2016
Phosphophyllita said:
Another great episode of Cringeki no Kyojin, I stopped paying attention to all the useless things (almost everything) and I'm just going with the flow.

The bad thing about it is that I didn't understand anything about this episode.

Then clearly you're not smart enough to pay attention to the show, as evidenced by that "insult" of yours. How embarrassing.
Jan 23, 2022 8:16 PM

Dec 2020
aLotQuestion_ said:

1) They didn't have several chances. Both the flashbacks were during their same meeting.

2) Zeke never fully trusted Eren. That's why all that plan with the fake chains. At that time, he had no way of knowing that he could command Ymir. He learned all of this after coming to the Paths. Zeke is a Royal Blood so he thought he is bound by the Vow Renouncing War. He thought he couldn't use his full power. So obviously he was going to see whether Eren was not fooling him and then touch him.
Zeke doesn't have the Founding. That is with Eren. So both of them together accessed the Paths and Zeke being an outside Royal Blood and not having the Founding Titan wasn't blocked by the Vow. So he could break it. He learned all of this in the Paths now when he was waiting for Eren to heal. He said, "It feels like I have been waiting for years for you to recover (heal from that decapitating due to Gabi's shot) and wake up."

TLDR: He didn't know this could happen when he met Eren in Marley. He thought Eren would have the full control and wanted to fully trust Eren before touching him. But now he understood he doesn't have to depend on Eren and can do it himself. He did not know this back then. Simple.
troilus_05sJan 24, 2022 3:06 AM
Jan 23, 2022 8:45 PM

Jun 2012
Best episode of this season, I am literally shaking rn
Jan 23, 2022 8:55 PM
Aug 2021
Path animation is very good
Jan 23, 2022 9:18 PM

Jan 2021
Literal banger episode. No words...
Jan 23, 2022 9:18 PM

Dec 2014
troilus_05s said:
aLotQuestion_ said:

1) They didn't have several chances. Both the flashbacks were during their same meeting.

2) Zeke never fully trusted Eren. That's why all that plan with the fake chains. At that time, he had no way of knowing that he could command Ymir. He learned all of this after coming to the Paths. Zeke is a Royal Blood so he thought he is bound by the Vow Renouncing War. He thought he couldn't use his full power. So obviously he was going to see whether Eren was not fooling him and then touch him.
Zeke doesn't have the Founding. That is with Eren. So both of them together accessed the Paths and Zeke being an outside Royal Blood and not having the Founding Titan wasn't blocked by the Vow. So he could break it. He learned all of this in the Paths now when he was waiting for Eren to heal. He said, "It feels like I have been waiting for years for you to recover (heal from that decapitating due to Gabi's shot) and wake up."
He didn't know this could happen when he met Eren in Marley. He thought Eren would have the full control and wanted to fully trust Eren before touching him. But now he understood he doesn't have to depend on Eren and can do it himself. He did not know this back then. Simple.

In short, the flask back in this episode is the first time they met?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 23, 2022 9:19 PM

Jan 2016
This is surely gonna go down as one of the best anime episodes ever and the next few are gonna be even crazier.
Jan 23, 2022 9:24 PM

Jul 2021
Holy Eren getting injured, that animation almost felt really tensioning to look at. Galliard is about to get railed with Eren's titan and the shooting has begun, honestly the confusion apart from this is who is against who? This is not one dimensional anymore but other than that, seeing Mika, Armin, Jean, Connie, and everyone who is out of prison getting back in the game are all about to stop Eren. Yelena meditating made me lose it for a bit when there's literally a serious event happening in this whole segment xD Zeke is unconscious from a minor huge injury behind his back and while Eren is getting beaten up by Reiner, Galliard is injured brutally :( Oh god Zeke is about to cause the whole war by letting those people who drank his fluid turn into a titan and Colt showed how much he cared about Falco, that's what brothers do! The titans transformation felt really emotional for me to watch seeing Pyxis getting transformed into a titan and Colt’s death, Reiner vs Falco, this is some real atrocious moment, almost felt like it was cannibalism. Armin's fight comeback was pretty immaculate and dang Mikasa's double kill at once, MAPPA never disappoints me at all with their character fight choreography ;) Galliard looks very badass with his quarter injured face, they definitely did not kill Galliard since I can’t see Falco’s inherited titan chewing him. Also Eren made his way to run to save Zeke and Gabi suddenly shot him until his head got chopped up, the tension was giving me anxiety PLEASE. Zeke and Eren’s interaction is just something quite meaningful and how they’re both being treated dangerously by their own parents. The whole other parts were just stop motion segments that I thought were really nice but still it’s too emotional for me to watch, I think it’ll take around a week until the next episode for me to recover from this :( Also those eyes, those eyes, they were human eyes 0_0 and the memories omg, it felt almost traumatizing. Ymir the Founder getting adapted is going to be one hell of a ride! Eren’s refusal with Zeke’s plan to release so many uncanny things on the shoulders and Zeke breaking out of his chain was pretty smooth, and that cliffhanger gave me a heart attack. Overall an episode that was fucking good and I need a bit of recovery peace out until next episode!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 23, 2022 9:25 PM

Oct 2020
5/5 Holy shit what an episode, the freeze frame of what was happening with the camera moving around the city was really well done and erens head being blown of made my jaw drop
Jan 23, 2022 9:43 PM

Aug 2020
Amazing... Can't wait to see the next episode..
*Volume 30 is my favorite
Jan 23, 2022 9:54 PM

Feb 2008
Not gonna lie, when I read this manga chapter, I seriously hated Gabi with all my passion. Also, if Floch doesn't die at the end of the season, I will be fucking upset.

Gotta admit that I expected way more of Gabi shooting scene. Those panels were fucking amazing in the manga. It was good, but I expected more. Feeling sad for Nile, Colt and the rest of the peeps who got eaten by titans or were made titans. Can't wait for next week.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 23, 2022 10:04 PM

Mar 2019
Really good episode. Really liked the visuals in the scene where Zeke screams and the Eldians begin to transform.
Jan 23, 2022 10:06 PM

Jun 2020
Finally some good fucking music.

Lol, Eren literally said 'Sike' after doing all that....
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

539 by RemusR1 »»
Apr 25, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.