Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2022 6:42 AM

Jan 2015
God damn what a start
Nezuko literally massacred Daki. Even I felt so bad for her. Although this power came at the cost of her losing control over her emotions. I’m glad Tanjiro stepped in to stop her.

I’m surprised a lullaby actually worked to calm her down. Not gonna lie, it hit kinda hard hearing it from their mom. Nezuko was so damn cute when she was little. Her crying was heartbreaking…

Daki was literally looking terrifying when Uzui came to help Tanjiro and Nezuko. She was so easily decapitated tho. It’s obvious the power level difference between normal demon hunters and hashiras. They truly live up to their title.

The fight, when seemingly to be finally over, a new danger appears. The real upper moon six is revealed and it’s Daki’s brother, Gyuutarou. He definitely feels a step above Daki.

That voice tho… it certainly is interesting listening to him lol. Wasn’t expecting him to sound like that at all, I feel bad for VA’s throat. Uzui seems to be quite worried about him. That blood demon art tho and that explosion.

Another impressive episode for sure.
ONII-CHAAAAAAN

XenocrisiJan 16, 2022 6:54 AM
Jan 16, 2022 6:43 AM

Jun 2019
Well, that was something else. Got to see Nezuko popping off in this episode and eventually starting to lose herself but Tanjiro was there to stop her. Also, Uzui-san came into action like a badass doing his stuff and being funny (kinda). Inosuke was funny as usual, for me at least. LOL. Tanjiro sing a lullaby to Nezuko and she slept. Little Nezuko was beyond adorable... <3

Daki throwing the tantrum was really surprising there but what was even more surprising was what happened after that. Daki was quite cute in this episode as well. Cool episode.
Jan 16, 2022 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, with the way Nezuko is protrayed this episode, she's more demonic than ever on the TV screen. Tanjiro even had to jump in and stop her before she killed a bystander.

The VA did a wonderful job at protraying Nezuko's emotions imo, especially when she cried. Luckily, Tanjiro was there to stop her before everything got out of control. And lol, I can't help but find it funny that Daki speaks without a head.
Jan 16, 2022 6:49 AM

May 2020
Nezuko totally lost herself back there, it was like you can't tell a difference who's the Upper Moon here, but well a lullaby was all she needed to get back to her senses. Also Uzui like a boss, slicing Daki's neck the same way Giyuu did to lower moon 5 back then in season one, but well even that wasn't enough to bring her down.

Now with one big brother to the other, the truth about Upper Moon Six is in the light now.
Softhenic03Jan 16, 2022 11:40 PM
Jan 16, 2022 6:49 AM

Oct 2021
For anyone curious why Gyutaro sounds like that - His voice in the manga was stated to be UGLY & ANNOYING.
Jan 16, 2022 7:01 AM
Mar 2021
Fun Fact : Gyutaro's VA is Ryouta Oosaka. His some other roles are Marco (AOT), Akashi (Haikyuu), Sekke (BC).

He is also in Genshin Impact. Now that's 22 Genshin VAs in KnY.
Jan 16, 2022 7:02 AM
Oct 2013
That CG demon blood didn't look bad at all
The main fight can start now
Jan 16, 2022 7:07 AM

Dec 2021
Honestly, I'm impressed. Every time you think this show can't get any worse, it always manages to outdo itself. Lord have mercy on this scourge upon fiction.
Jan 16, 2022 8:13 AM
Mar 2019
SaintLoke said:
Honestly, I'm impressed. Every time you think this show can't get any worse, it always manages to outdo itself. Lord have mercy on this scourge upon fiction.

how dafuq do you have this opinion lmao
Jan 16, 2022 8:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode again, that was a weird way to calm Nezuko but it was still very emotional to see her cry like that, but for the action part even though Tengen beheaded Daki and ridiculed her she didn't die and her brother came out of her body, seems like they're separate entities that still share the same body it's crazy, now we're up to another great Tengen's fight I can't wait!
Jan 16, 2022 8:21 AM

Dec 2020
Scar_Wolf said:
Fun Fact : Gyutaro's VA is Ryouta Oosaka. His some other roles are Marco (AOT), Akashi (Haikyuu), Sekke (BC).

Haven't watched the episode. That's cool. Can't wait for more amazing VA reveals like this.

Jan 16, 2022 8:31 AM

Sep 2020
Nezuko finally returned to her normal state, didn't expect Daki has a brother that can cure her.
I guess next episode will focus on Tengen vs Daki's brother.
Jan 16, 2022 8:34 AM
Jan 2022
Thomassloeber said:
SaintLoke said:

how dafuq do you have this opinion lmao

Dude some people just want to be trolling contrarians so they can feel special and edgy, not much you can do about it :)

If this is the future of big anime animation and action, I am beyond thrilled.. Demon Slayer just looks so amazing!!

On another note I don’t think it was the lullaby calmning her down, as much as it was her seeing her hand being held that took her back.. maybe it was both tho!
Jan 16, 2022 8:35 AM
Jun 2021
Yasss, I love Gyutaro ❤️❤️❤️😍
Jan 16, 2022 8:35 AM
Feb 2021
This episode was just🔥. There were so many op moments that daki's tantrum and nezuko's crying and cute little face and then new demon's blood art everything was just awesome....
Jan 16, 2022 8:37 AM

Jul 2012
I love little moments like the bickering between Uzui and Daki :D
Jan 16, 2022 8:38 AM

May 2016
Hadee Darooo, this man is just too damn Flashy that I forgot about how good both parts were.

5/5
Jan 16, 2022 8:38 AM
Nov 2020
This episode really tells us that Daki's VA is beelzebub's VA too
Jan 16, 2022 8:39 AM

Jan 2009
damn Gyutaro is strong

Nezuko blood demon art that makes Demons weak on regeneration is the same as what Tanjiro did with his Sun Breathing on the old episode so its confirmed that Nezuko is a Sun Breathing user too and that is how Nezuko can control her Demon form
Jan 16, 2022 8:40 AM

Apr 2017
although i already know it in the manga, gyutarou appearence in anime make me shive
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Jan 16, 2022 8:41 AM
Jun 2021
Dude when nezuko lost control that made me so nervous. If ponjiro wasn't there she would have devoured them.
Also i damn near cried when she started crying ;-;
Jan 16, 2022 8:41 AM
May 2021
As a manga reader I was really hyped up for these scenes in episode 6 and episode 7. Great work ufotable, u have exceeded my expectations. Just loved it 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Now another bro-sis dual but it's upper rank 6 now. And I laughed at daki lol how she was crying like a kid and complaining to her brother lol. Excited for next episode
Jan 16, 2022 8:42 AM
Jun 2021
tenzinjamphel said:
which character from Beelzebub? Its been a while.
Jan 16, 2022 8:44 AM
Nov 2020
Issei_Ddraig said:
tenzinjamphel said:
beelzebub himself
Jan 16, 2022 8:45 AM
May 2021
SaintLoke said:
here comes another demon slayer hater for no reason lol. U just want to get attention? Cause ur opinions does not makes sense. It's getting better and better and u speaking the opposite. Are ya jealous that it's outdoing Aot? 😂😂
Jan 16, 2022 8:45 AM
Jun 2021
tenzinjamphel said:
Issei_Ddraig said:
beelzebub himself
ohhh the baby whining i see. Thanks
Jan 16, 2022 8:46 AM

Oct 2017
Berserk Nezuko was epic. Tengen cut Daki but ofc that isn't enough and now the real fight begins.
Jan 16, 2022 8:46 AM
Nov 2020
Issei_Ddraig said:
tenzinjamphel said:
beelzebub himself
ohhh the baby whining i see. Thanks

And there are weird noises daki does time to time, I think that's the VA's improvisation.
Jan 16, 2022 8:47 AM

Apr 2015
another cliffhanger :(
damn this is too good
Jan 16, 2022 8:47 AM

Jan 2019
This episode had less frames than others.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jan 16, 2022 8:48 AM

Jun 2016
Man that is insane !!!

no wonder they get rank 6... this episode indeed a start !!! and not the end !!!

hype for the battle next one...

Jun 2014
Tengen just casually doing GOAT shit. Time for the real fight to begin now that Gyutaro has arrived on the scene. Let's see if Ufotable can somehow surpass last week's episode in the coming weeks.

SaintLoke said:

And yet, here you are lol...
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 2021
I can't take upper moon seriously tbh anyways mid episode as always

Jul 2017
Didn't enjoy this episode that much and preferred last week's one of course, but seeing Nezuko's rampage and breakdown in the middle like that made it still better than the first 5 episodes of this season at least.
Jan 16, 2022 8:53 AM
Oct 2016
He has arrived!!! Gyutaro making his anime debut with this episode! Nezuko beating the ever living shit out of Daki. Literally curb stomping Daki into submission and even using that burning blood to roast Daki some more. So funny seeing Nezuko just destroy Daki over and over with her superior demon abilities. Nezuko completely outclassed Daki and showed her some sick moves. The solidified blood was really cool with Nezuko still using her limbs even after they've been severed. Using that exploding blood we saw before to bring back some painful memories for Daki. Punting the demon around the entire entertainment district until Nezuko unfortunately runs into a bleeding bystander and loses control. Forcing then Tanjiro to restrain Nezuko so she can't eat anyone and lose what's left of her humanity.

A very troublesome scenario for Tanjiro as he has to hold back a raging Nezuko while Daki regains herself and comes to attack. Enter Uzui with a flashy save! Pulling up at the right moment just when Tanjiro needed help. Uzui easily cutting Daki head off and mocking her weakness. Prompting Daki to call out to her older brother the big bad man himself Gyutaro!! Finally after waiting Gyutaro finally made his debut! Not taking kindly to Uzui cutting off his cute little sister's head. Spinning those sickle weapons with blood phase art to control the slashes. Some insane moves from Gyutaro to start this next pause of the battle!
Jan 16, 2022 8:56 AM
May 2021
We finally see Gyuutarou and his voice is depose than I’d imagine it to be lol but still his voice matches him well. Things are gonna get so good from here on out why do I have to wait ffs ☹️
Jan 16, 2022 8:58 AM

Aug 2019
So both Gyutaro and Daki are two bodies occupying the same UM6 spot? Would make sense that each alone aren't as powerful as they are together. It makes a bit more sense now that Nezuko and Tanjiro were able to curb-stomp her with power-ups.

Next episode should be very good!

This one was a 4/5. The ridiculous chibi and comedy moments midway through a life or death scenario still don't fit tonally, but otherwise a good episode.
Jan 16, 2022 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
Scar_Wolf said:

didn't he voice Jacob aka Sadao Maou from Devil Is A Part-Timer?
and also Nariyuki from We Never Learn, I think.

but I couldn't even identify him here... he sounds totally different... but the voice fits the character. I love that. I love Ryouta Oosaka but never thought he will be voicing Gyutaro and he did it so perfectly.
Miyuki Sawashiro also did a perfect job, as she always does.
removed-userJan 16, 2022 9:07 AM
Jan 16, 2022 9:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
While she was most certainly badass seeing Nezuko show joy at her new strength was kinda unsettling as well. It's unreal seeing how one sided her battle with Daki was. Must hurt by being beaten not by a lesser demon but also by a hated hashira as well. The lullaby though was a close one but it allowed a refocusing of the bonds between Nezuko and their departed mother. The song was such a haunting one though but served to make that memory a fond one while serving its purpose well. Daki complaining even her heads been cut off was just hillarious but served as an effective means to allow her brother to take to the stage. Man Gyutaro os the opposite of Daki being pretty creepy in both appearance and personality. Still the fact that there are now two upper ranked demons here means that things have become rather tricky for Tanjiro and team even with Uzui here. Overall an excellent ep that featured an excellent blend of action and lore expansion via Gyutaro's entry into the series. Curious about Nezuko and what will happen next though since she did go into a blood rage when she faced Daki. Unfortunately given the blood, the decaps and shredding of limbs i predict that someone will kick up a fuss again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2022 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Gyutaro's voice is absolutely repulsive and horrible.

Perfect, just what I had in mind.
Jan 16, 2022 9:08 AM
May 2020
Gyutaro's voice is horrible...

Jan 16, 2022 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
Nezuko's demon transfiguration was fire, but it puts a strain on her humanity, and that needs Tanjiro's intervention to stop his sister from being a full-on demon (which I can tell is definitely the upper echelons of the Upper Moon rank), other than defeating Upper Six Daki, which is terrifying enough. It took Uzui's words for Tanjiro to sing a lullaby to her (and memories of their young times with their mother) to put Nezuko to sleep like a baby.

Uzui is such a chad to just appear like lightning, and Daki wasn't even in his mind. That was some quick work of beheading the fake Upper Moon Six which as much as Daki tried to convince him by throwing a tantrum, it's no use. The REAL Upper Moon Six: the brother Gyutaro, hiding in his own sister Daki's flesh, and he's a lot more fierce than Uzui has ever imagined.

Well, thank god for Zenitsu and Inosuke to come on time, but mostly to keep Nezuko intact. But now it sets up the stage: the Upper Six siblings vs. Uzui...which I know is yet gonna be another fire with Tanjiro's help.
Jan 16, 2022 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
Holy Fu*k!! That entry from uzui was Amazing!!
So, upper six are two different persons connected to each other. And I think that Nezuko part was little bit dragged out, other than that episode was great and That CGI Floating Blood looks really well Animated.
Next 3 Episodes are going to be Action Packed.
removed-userJan 16, 2022 9:17 AM
Jan 16, 2022 9:14 AM
Feb 2019
xenosys said:
So both Gyutaro and Daki are two bodies occupying the same UM6 spot? Would make sense that each alone aren't as powerful as they are together. It makes a bit more sense now that Nezuko and Tanjiro were able to curb-stomp her with power-ups.

Next episode should be very good!

This one was a 4/5. The ridiculous chibi and comedy moments midway through a life or death scenario still don't fit tonally, but otherwise a good episode.

Yes, If Nezuko/Tanjiro could beat easily Upper Demon then the story would be messed up.
After this episode, everything makes sense now.
Jan 16, 2022 9:16 AM
Feb 2021
everyone says "I am impressed by " you get impressed by what, bru the plot is getting worse and worse and the animation is the same, wait till you see the end of this story, it is literally a "Talk no Jutsu" story only manga readers know what I am talking about , but still pretty enjoyable to watch
Jan 16, 2022 9:18 AM

Dec 2020
Ngl, Daki's tantrum this episode made me popped a boner
Props to Sawashiro her voice is so good

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Jan 16, 2022 9:19 AM

Apr 2018
Demon with Zenitsu’s personality.
Jan 16, 2022 9:20 AM

Apr 2018
I dont expect gyutarou to sound like that, but i like it, It suits him well.

And now people can't no longer complain about tanjirou and nezuko being too strong, because daki is actually not the real upper mooon, the real one is actually her big bro.

Overall a great episode, next episode should be an all out war, action heavy.
Jan 16, 2022 9:20 AM

May 2020
I'm such a Daki simp. And her throwing a tantrum was just the best.
Jan 16, 2022 9:21 AM
Nov 2017
From the get go, you can tell beauty is an important theme in their backstory, with daki always calling people ugly, and his brother depicted to be as ugly as possible. And daki getting burned probably because of her beauty.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

186 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

454 by MursuTG »»
Mar 26, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.