Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken' Gets TV Anime

New
Jan 4, 2022 4:55 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A television anime adaptation of Saeki-san's Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken (The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten) light novel was announced at the GA Bunko and GA Novel 2022 New Year Anime Festival on Tuesday. SB Creative simultaneously opened an official website, revealing the main cast, staff, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promo.

Cast
Amane Fujimiya: Taito Ban (Bishounen Tanteidan)
Mahiru Shiina: Manaka Iwami (Gamers!)
Itsuki Akazawa: Taku Yashiro (Domestic na Kanojo)
Chitose Shirakawa: Haruka Shiraishi (Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo)

Staff
Director: Kenichi Imaizumi (Kingdom 3rd Season, Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2)
Series Composition: Keiichirou Oochi (5-toubun no Hanayome, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan)
Character Design: Takayuki Noguchi (Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou., Tenshi no 3P!)
Music: Moe Hyuuga (Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo., Steins;Gate 0)
Studio: Project No.9

Synopsis
After catching a cold by giving his only umbrella to a girl sitting in the rain, Amane Fujimiya only expects her to eventually return it. However, Mahiru Shiina, the "Angel" of Amane's school and his neighbor, instead gives him a lot more than that. Instead of just the umbrella, she insists on returning the favor by helping him recover from his cold. However, she is oblivious to the battlefield that is Amane's apartment.

The only word Mahiru finds from her mouth to describe the chaos is "unsightly." But despite her unsympathetic description, Mahiru proceeds to help the hopeless Amane. Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken follows Amane as he is taken care of by Mahiru, who attends to various chores—from cleaning his apartment to cooking dinner. Is there anything that the Angel can not do? [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Saeki-san began writing the romantic comedy novel—abbreviated as Otonari no Tenshi-sama—on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in December 2018. SB Creative published the first volume under its GA Bunko imprint with illustrations by Hazano Kazutake in June 2019, with Hanekoto replacing him second volume onward. The fifth volume shipped on July 1. The light novel has a cumulative 500,000 copies of its volumes in circulation.

Wan Shibata (Hanako) will begin serializing a manga adaptation with artworks by Suzu Yuuki on the Manga UP! web magazine on Thursday.

Yen Press licensed the light novel in English in July 2020 and released the first volume in December that year. The third volume went on sale on December 7 last year.

Otonari no Tenshi-sama ranked among the top 10 titles in the tankobon division in the 2020 and 2021 editions of the Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! rankings and placed sixth in the 2022 edition.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://otonarino-tenshisama.jp/
Official Twitter: @tenshisama_PR
Novel special site: https://ga.sbcr.jp/sp/otonari/index.html
Novel official Twitter: @tenshisama_GA

Source: Moca News

Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken on MAL
VindstotJan 11, 2022 10:35 PM

Jan 4, 2022 5:04 AM

Jul 2017
that guy who leaked this on weibo, isn't he leaked solo leveling too ?.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 4, 2022 5:05 AM

Jul 2021
Holy I can't wait for this LN to get adapted because story wise is enjoyable, the character design looks so good, very similar to Higehiro, and I was surprised that Tohru's VA is playing Mahiru <3!!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 4, 2022 5:06 AM

Feb 2016
Jan 4, 2022 5:08 AM

Sep 2019
Saw this girl a lot on twitter, she looks very cute. She looks pretty similar to Sayu in the pv tho lol.
Jan 4, 2022 5:10 AM

Apr 2014
NICE! The light novel is a great one, I can't wait to watch it and also hope it will turn out to be a good adaptation.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 4, 2022 5:13 AM
Mar 2019
z00nex said:
Saw this girl a lot on twitter, she looks very cute. She looks pretty similar to Sayu in the pv tho lol.
no doubt same studio
Jan 4, 2022 5:14 AM

Jun 2014
wow, this is third non-isekai/fantasy anime adaptation of work from Shousetsuka ni Narou

the other two are https://myanimelist.net/anime/20785/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei and https://myanimelist.net/anime/36098/Kimi_no_Suizou_wo_Tabetai
Jan 4, 2022 5:18 AM
Mar 2019
CQLLIST said:
Holy I can't wait for this LN to get adapted because story wise is enjoyable, the character design looks so good, very similar to Higehiro, and I was surprised that Tohru's VA is playing Mahiru <3!!
before anime adaptation, seiyuu Iwami Manaka was voice as narrator in this light novel commercial before but I wish want her again voice as Mahiru Shiina because I can feel she can fit it for anime adaptation and then my prediction become true. Sorry my English
Jan 4, 2022 5:19 AM

Mar 2020
Still can't believe this boring wholesome romcom get adaptation anime before Chiramune (twice won #1 Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi and selling 300,000 copies) and Spy Room (won #2 Kono LN and selling 500,000 copies) and both still doesn't have any news about anime ;-;
Jan 4, 2022 5:21 AM

Jul 2021
NICE...Ehh..is that you SAYU
Jan 4, 2022 5:31 AM

Mar 2020
Resolution1337 said:
Still can't believe this boring wholesome romcom get adaptation anime before Chiramune (twice won #1 Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi and selling 300,000 copies) and Spy Room (won #2 Kono LN and selling 500,000 copies) and both still doesn't have any news about anime ;-;

Give it some time they are bound to happen bro
Any award winning light novels are bound get adapted now days
AnimeFA78NJan 4, 2022 5:37 AM
Jan 4, 2022 5:34 AM

Oct 2017
Project no.9 doing another romance LN adaptation which proly won't ever get another season yet I'll still watch.
Jan 4, 2022 5:38 AM

Apr 2018
Looks great so I might try to give the LN a try.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 4, 2022 5:40 AM
Mar 2019
It get more diabetes when anime comes. Plus have manga adaptation after one shot
Jan 4, 2022 5:42 AM
Mar 2019
Resolution1337 said:
Don't worry bro, when anime comes, your life never get bored except is sad being single
Kuma5an_De5uJan 4, 2022 5:45 AM
Jan 4, 2022 5:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm digging the key visual, and then the synopsis sounds pretty different from the usual stuff so I'll definitely be checking this out

Logical_ said:
If this is true, then I'm hyped
Jan 4, 2022 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
Tokoya said:
I'm digging the key visual, and then the synopsis sounds pretty different from the usual stuff so I'll definitely be checking this out

Logical_ said:
If this is true, then I'm hyped
yeah we just wait if this true.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 4, 2022 6:16 AM

Jan 2021
Best news related to anime ever
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Jan 4, 2022 6:27 AM

Nov 2020
Been hearing lots of good things about this so can’t wait. I have no confidence in the studio though, it’s a shame that a better one didn’t pick this up
Jan 4, 2022 6:37 AM
Jan 2020
Should've just make an another season for HxEros lol
Jan 4, 2022 6:54 AM

Oct 2021
Is this another wholesome diabetes injection with bland guy and deredere girl?
Jan 4, 2022 6:55 AM

Jul 2015
Seems generic and most likely will be completely forgotten once it finishes airing, but judging by the cast, it will be AT LEAST good. Especially, since it is kind of show Project No.9 is known for.

Jan 4, 2022 7:08 AM

Jul 2017
Very happy to see this be officially announced now, although given the 3 volumes I've read, I knew it would get animated really soon. It's performing well, it's quality too, so I had my good feelings about it. Glad that its happening though, the main characters in this series are really refreshing compared to other series like this. Nice development too at a steady pace throughout without falling into stereotypes. It's a very simple, straightforward light novel series but an enjoyable one nonetheless. Simplicity does work its magic sometimes rather than being drama-filled and overcomplicated with annoying tropes used.

Nice to see Kenichi Imaizumi on it too. He ain't the greatest director in the world but he did a solid enough job with Kingdom Season 3 compared to how the previous 2 seasons were. More positive works on his resume would be nice. Hopefully the production holds up, can't really gather too much from the short PV I saw.
Jan 4, 2022 7:29 AM

May 2021
This is great to hear. Since it's very popular already, it's no surprise it will get adapted. After reading 5 volumes, the story is really chill and enjoyable to read. Although I think it lacks some big conflicts, overall its very sweet romance.
Jan 4, 2022 7:36 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I read the oneshot and it's good. But I won't expect too much on the anime adaptation since we're talking about studio Project No.9.
Jan 4, 2022 7:47 AM

Oct 2010
pv has one minute and we never get to see main dude's face and he never talks, I guess this will be another anime for those kind of people. I will add it in my never-to-watch list, not my type of show.
Jan 4, 2022 8:15 AM

Apr 2012
On the one hand, I'm not surprised that it got anime. On the other hand, I am surprised that there was not so much noise around it.
Jan 4, 2022 8:53 AM
May 2016
I have question for LN readers is there harem or love triangle in LN?
Jan 4, 2022 8:55 AM

Dec 2019
ninka22 said:

As of the third English volume, no harem or love triangle whatsoever, and from what I've heard about the WN (which is a lot further into the story than the LN), no harem then either. Only wholesomeness and fluff!
Here we go again...
Jan 4, 2022 9:06 AM

Aug 2018
LETSSS GOOOOOO
I heard good things about this LN so I am excited about the Anime 😍
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jan 4, 2022 9:08 AM
May 2016
EddyFiend said:
ninka22 said:

As of the third English volume, no harem or love triangle whatsoever, and from what I've heard about the WN (which is a lot further into the story than the LN), no harem then either. Only wholesomeness and fluff!

Thank you very much. I'm glad It's safe to watch.
Jan 4, 2022 10:38 AM

Feb 2015
ahhhh yes, the fluff romance that the MC was pretty much a hentai protagonist except it's set in highschool and he doesnt have mindbreak powers nor a big dick that everyone gets horny for....

I mean, from what I've seen, ppl liked Tonikaku Kawaii so hey, I guess this is a good news to ppl....
Jan 4, 2022 11:05 AM
May 2019
You know a romance anime is a failure if it only focus on one character, the trailer and illustrations only focus on the female lead but not the male lead, didn't even showed his face for a second
Jan 4, 2022 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
The girl is cute but hopefully the show is also good
Jan 4, 2022 11:51 AM

Oct 2015
AnimeFA78N said:
Resolution1337 said:

Give it some time they are bound to happen bro
Any award winning light novels are bound get adapted now days

Yap specialy since we know how most studios are booked already for like 3-4years just takes a while for everythin to get their turn specialy since some good shows getting sequels etc
Jan 4, 2022 2:42 PM
Aug 2019
I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT READING THIS, what a coincidence dude
Jan 4, 2022 2:45 PM

Jul 2019
I really wanted to see this animated piece, looking forward to the next PV!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Jan 4, 2022 3:32 PM
Jan 2021
Is that you Sayu-chan??? :v
Jan 4, 2022 7:34 PM
Dec 2021
Diabetes finally getting an adaptation.
Insulin recommended
Jan 4, 2022 8:44 PM

Jul 2017
Hiruzawa said:
wow, this is third non-isekai/fantasy anime adaptation of work from Shousetsuka ni Narou

the other two are https://myanimelist.net/anime/20785/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei and https://myanimelist.net/anime/36098/Kimi_no_Suizou_wo_Tabetai
Interesting. Nice to have a non-fantasy nor Isekai heard from Syosetu, even rarer adapted.

Logical_ said:
Yes he did.

I can see why people are so hyped for this diabetes/insulin adaptation, but considering that it's Project No. 9, I'm holding off my thoughts for this. Should I consume the LN (or the manga when it comes out eventually)?
Jan 4, 2022 8:56 PM

Oct 2021
i have watched Higehiro & it was good. This is coming from the same studio so i am looking forward to it.
Jan 5, 2022 9:42 AM
Mar 2021
YEEEEEEEES OMG IM SO HAPPY RN
Jan 8, 2022 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
Hiruzawa said:

doesn't Mahouka come under fantasy? The guy is a walking nuke who invents personal flying machines. They chalk it up to pseudo science.
Jan 8, 2022 4:50 AM

Jun 2014
anirudhtsuki said:
doesn't Mahouka come under fantasy? The guy is a walking nuke who invents personal flying machines. They chalk it up to pseudo science.

Mahouka had Magic genre before https://web.archive.org/web/20210913165154/https://myanimelist.net/anime/20785/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei

Fantasy is something more medieval https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/info
Fantasy - Anime that are set in a mythical world quite different from modern-day Earth. Frequently this world has magic and/or mythical creatures such as dragons and unicorns. These stories are sometimes based on real world legends and myths. Frequently fantasies describe tales featuring magic, brave knights, damsels in distress, and/or quests.
Jan 8, 2022 12:35 PM

Mar 2013
Goodness gracious, the first volume of this LN was hands-down the most excruciating, least enjoyable reading experience I've had in any language. Although I bought the first two volumes beforehand, I'm not sure I should trust everybody's positivity in this thread and give the second volume a shot considering the number of my own teeth I had to pull getting through volume one
Jan 11, 2022 5:51 PM

Jun 2015
If you identify yourself as a proud vanilla-fag, again, A PROUD VANILLA-FAG, I urge you to read this novel, or watch the anime once it releases. If you believe and love a wholesome romance, a wholesome relationship, then read Otonari no Tenshi. I really can't recommend it enough for you, my brothers.

I've finished reading volume 3 of Light Novel, so I need to wait for the continuation on YenPress. And I have to tell you, even though the series hasn't ended yet, the void that often occur when finishing a dang good series is already here for me. I don't know, maybe I longed for such wholesome relationship myself?

I don't want to hype myself too much for anime adaptation because of the studio's portfolio so far. But still, I truly love this series.
Jan 16, 2022 4:26 AM

Jul 2013
I like the character design and the trailer! Looking forward for this anime.
Jan 24, 2022 1:26 AM
Jan 2022
NICE! The light novel is a great one :)
Aug 6, 2022 5:59 AM

Oct 2015
There are only scenes from Volume 1 in the trailer. Hopefully, they don'tt rush it and mishandled it. The anime adapation needs to be slow-paced as this is a dialogue heavy LN.

I wonder how they animate the face Amane struggling with wasabi (thanks to Chitose)? XD

I want to see Amane's mum, my favourite character in the LN. XD

More topics from this board

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

18 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

1 by Badonkers »»
11 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
Today, 9:11 AM

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.