Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 19, 2021 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, Tamahiko is actually great with kids, at least for this episode. Ryou showing up kind of made this more entertaining though. But compared to before, I like how she's playing more of a supportive role than causing usual mischief.

Not going to lie, this episode made me like Ryou more.
Nov 19, 2021 10:19 AM

Apr 2016
Kids from the whole village just decided to get tutored by Tamahiko lmao, but truly a good activity for this "life long pessimist" to be part of, good for him ... and the kids get some basic educated for free, good for all. I must say, i liked how the moment Ryou showed up, Yuzu took the defensive stance in front of Tamahiko :D

Good for Ryou as well, she actually is a very capable and caring older sister type. We also got a little bit of reminder what age this show takes place, yeah, working man from a young age .. nothing unusual back then, but as long as one has hope and determination all is possible. Now, the school talk made me wonder, because we see it every week in the opening, will this anime have like a school arc or something ? I would very much like to see that.
Nov 19, 2021 10:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ohh so she's 15 years old now and they're able to marry, but they won't do it right now as expected, anyway they really kissed I didn't expect, it's cute how they were so shy and blushed after it xD I still couldn't care less about Ryou but her little brother is a good person and he's sent to work in Tokyo, not surprising that he didn't want to do it but now he's motivated, I hope everything will get well for him in the future!
Nov 19, 2021 10:48 AM

Dec 2015
Tamahiko is losing his despair and becoming a teacher.

希望先生になってるw。

Was not expecting him to be so bold with Yuzu there.

Will he be able to go back to school though? His dad basically said he's dead to the family. So what will happen if word gets out that Tamahiko is alive? Wouldn't that bring some shame to his father and the family who went along with it?
Nov 19, 2021 11:03 AM
Oct 2016
Very heartwarming episode as Tamahiko became the local kids teacher. I'm sure it wasn't a position Tamahiko ever saw himself being able to teach young kids but I would say he did a great job. It seemed like every kid from the local town came to learn after hearing from Ryo younger brothers about Tamahiko sensei. Himself wanting to return to school after that experience teaching the kids.

We got some more insight into Ryo and why she was so mean to Yuzu before. Not understanding how someone could be so happy after they were sold since Ryo herself was selling her body for extra money. We saw earlier that their father would take any money Ryo had which lead her to find other ways. Screwed up situation all the way around but Ryo did apologize to Yuzu so I'd say bygones be bygones. It's not like Yuzu is still upset about it either, her and Tamahiko even grew closer during their night time chat this episode.

Tamahiko still feeling like he's undeserving of someone as good as Yuzu. A feeling I can absolutely understand, he comes from a horrible home life and doesn't think he could make a good one himself since he doesn't know what its like. But still wanting to improve with Yuzu and return her feelings, leading to their kiss. Which was adorable! They are falling more in love as the time goes on.

Ryo little brother Ryotaro not wanting to leave home was really sad. It would be hard as a little kid to leave behind your whole family to become an apprentice far away. Tamahiko being there to reassure Ryotaro that its not goodbye forever
Nov 19, 2021 11:09 AM
Oct 2016
There for each other

Nov 19, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
It turns out that Ryo really was jealous that Yuzu has been bought and was now living like a pampered princess in her eyes but after seeing Yuzu's reaction to her "teasing", her view of her changed and she wholeheartedly apologized for what she did. Look, as I said last week, what she did was cruel but not at all irredeemable, I feel that many are overreacting and making her look like a monster when she is far from it.

Tamahiko really got me there, he was already pissing me off again but thank God what he meant is that he wants to change and improve himself for Yuzu to eventually marry her. That unexpected kiss was great <3.
Nov 19, 2021 1:09 PM
Apr 2021
In the scene when the torch falls to the ground, I thought for a moment that a fire would start (as shown in the opening).

I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if that will happen...
Nov 19, 2021 2:01 PM

Aug 2020
I really love these couple. They're just cute to the fullest. The kiss scene made me blush too. Tho the drama was lacking the romance was enough for me. New character will be shown next week, I can't wait!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 19, 2021 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
Tamahiko literally has the desire to study in a school I'm rooting for him I got more the boy by going to Tokyo I hope he does well at work, the kiss and the best scene in the episode in my opinion.
removed-userNov 19, 2021 4:54 PM
Nov 19, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2019
With a new intro, this sure is a turning point in the anime

Tamahiko ended up becoming the villages' tutor, its nice to see him want to return to school

Tama and Yuzu kiss was so cute, I wonder if that's the birthday present she wanted (probably not hehe)

Glad to see Ryotaro found, and Tamahiko help him overcome his fear and allow the boy to work for his family

Hopefully next episode isn't Tamahiko's father rejecting his school proposal, since he seemed to be crying while on the telephone in the preview...But idol (kinda) girl is here now woo
Nov 19, 2021 6:03 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! finally the two kissed since she's 15 oh what a perfect gift! both of them are so adorable and innocent!
if Tamako knows about Yuzu as wife and Ryou as mistress, she's gonna get batshit crazy because of jealousness!
The OST is such a healing OST just like moments of NShippuden's OST!
5/5.

Nov 19, 2021 7:30 PM

Aug 2014
the kiss literally melted me thEY ARE SO GODDAMN CUTE AAAAAAAAAA
Nov 19, 2021 8:27 PM

Jan 2015
Now richboy-sensei is having more students, which means that he will need some help from Yuzu. That thing could make them both to get closer and know each other more. And with Ryou's frequent appearance every time to picking her brother and having some "talk" with Yuzu... This should be good.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 19, 2021 9:19 PM

Oct 2017
I feel bad for Ryotaro and I hope he can do well in his job.

I'm glad Ryo apologised to Yuzu and now they are on good terms. Things became quite amusing with her around. Also the kiss was sweet.
Nov 19, 2021 10:44 PM

Jan 2021
Judging from the mood, I was sure that there would be a kissing scene but still I was surprised when the scene appeared XD

Ryotaro is a sweet boy. I like him. Hopefully he can do well in Tokyo so he can actually take his brothers and sister to Tokyo.

And it seems that in the next episode Yuzu's favorite singer aka Shiratori Kotori will appear~

Nov 19, 2021 11:00 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Ryo apologized and while it may not be that apparent because of her personality, I think it was a genuine apology. And honestly, her outward personality does seem like a facade, it's fake.

My man Tamahiko went for it. Very respectable decision to want to grow first as a person, to grow into someone he can be proud of, before sealing the relationship with Yuzu. Felt really bad for Ryo, but Tamahiko was at least able to ease his mind.

Ryo's gonna return to school and based on the OP, Yuzu's gonna join him and the others as well. It's time for a school arc. Looking forward to that, I hope Tamahiko's father at least allows that.
Nov 20, 2021 1:54 AM

Aug 2018
AHHHHHHH!!!! <3!!!
I loved it, what a nice episode. Well Tamahiko you are trying to get back to what you used to do, good there.
Nov 20, 2021 8:31 AM

May 2021
So this episode was supposed to be the path to self-worth of Tamahiko, exploring his doubts about the fact that he is nothing but the son of a rich guy, but to showcase it he did a "motivational" speech to endorse the idea of child labour. Interesting decision, ngl.
The Ryou tease in the last episode was just a bullshit introduction to bring light to Yuzu's behavior, but I won't lie, the scene of the kiss was heartwarming

Nov 20, 2021 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
Tamahiko stepping up to the damn plate when it matters and hitting a homerun...MY MAN WITH THAT KISS!!

Such a great episode. God this anime just makes me happy each week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 20, 2021 8:39 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Seems all the parents in the village sent their children to be taught by Tamahiko and he's great with kids xD. Yuzu and Tamahiko also kissed for the first time! Still won't forgive Ryo for what she did ever even if she's being 'nice' now. I feel really bad for Ryotaro who has to start working to support his family but he knows that if he does, he'll never come back home...
Tamahiko comforted him and in the end, he felt ok about it and went off to Tokyo.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 20, 2021 10:01 AM

Nov 2013
Tmahiko would make an excellent teacher. One hand is enough too.

I loved how the kiss didn't come at the very end or late stage.
Nov 20, 2021 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
Tamahiko finally finding his new resolve, and becoming more approaching to Yuzu :D
Nov 20, 2021 11:29 AM

Jun 2021
OK episode, although Ryou just joining the crew like that feels awkward.
Nov 20, 2021 12:57 PM

Jul 2021
It was a good episode, I still think Ryou is boring and Tamahiko showed that she wants to change.
asdasdsadad
Nov 20, 2021 1:04 PM
Dec 2015
Ryo, as she was a bitch and remained, it is difficult for me to understand that she was so easily forgiven. For me, kissing Yuzu was what saved the whole episode.
Nov 20, 2021 3:41 PM

May 2021
Gween_Gween said:
So this episode was supposed to be the path to self-worth of Tamahiko, exploring his doubts about the fact that he is nothing but the son of a rich guy, but to showcase it he did a "motivational" speech to endorse the idea of child labour. Interesting decision, ngl.

Idk, it just seemed like he was trying to make the kid feel better. There's not much either of them can do about it, especially considering the time period and the kid's father. There's a lot of dumb stuff in this show but this was fine in comparison. It's just the usual "try to see the positive side" stuff, nothing really offensive.
Nov 20, 2021 4:01 PM

May 2021
MuZe- said:
Gween_Gween said:

Idk, it just seemed like he was trying to make the kid feel better. There's not much either of them can do about it, especially considering the time period and the kid's father. There's a lot of dumb stuff in this show but this was fine in comparison. It's just the usual "try to see the positive side" stuff, nothing really offensive.

Yeah I mean, they could have done the same without touching that idea in particular

Nov 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Aug 2021
It's nice seeing that he's feeling more alive than he did before and that he's actually starting to think seriously about his future with Yuzu and wanting to provide for her future.

I do have a feeling that his dad probably wouldn't be too pleased with this though.

Also does anyone know if Yuzu ever gets to return back to school? She says she's happy the way things are currently but she did leave her education midway.
Nov 20, 2021 7:51 PM

Aug 2021
Gween_Gween said:
MuZe- said:

Yeah I mean, they could have done the same without touching that idea in particular

I think we need to keep in mind that this was during the 1920s and it was normalised at that time, also his relationship with Yuzu is basically a live in child marriage situation anyway. If he hadn't done that, the implication was that Ryou's family would've eventually starved to death.
Nov 20, 2021 8:16 PM

May 2021
eyeofflame said:
Gween_Gween said:

I think we need to keep in mind that this was during the 1920s and it was normalised at that time, also his relationship with Yuzu is basically a live in child marriage situation anyway. If he hadn't done that, the implication was that Ryou's family would've eventually starved to death.

Yeah, the idiosyncrasy of the MC is alright to the period, the one-dimensional struggle is not, it is more along the lines of half-assing the dilemma. Instead of adding a two way argument between the MC and the boy, it was a one sided speech that didnt have an adequate response. That is why I think that it could have used other topic that doesnt have as much depth to explore the growth of the main character, but I suppose that this aspect is the most hard-hitting one

Nov 20, 2021 9:02 PM

Apr 2020
Tamahiko is technically a teacher now to our kids, but one of them I guess is going to Tokyo. It really is a hard choice for a young boy to go for the city to find a living, and it's especially hard for the people around him. Although it'll be a long time, Ryotaro is finally going to live in a society and maybe one day he'll bring out his family to the city.

Also Tamahiko and Yuzu kissed, ahhhh. Well been a while it took for them, but Tamahiko's promise to her makes sense. Happy birthday to Yuzu though, which just turned 15, and I'm jelly thinking that she had her first kiss earlier than me...welp. I think Tamahiko has a good gameplan now, study first, then work, and finally marriage. After all, in the way he is right now, marrying Yuzu is not worth it practically, so go for it my boy, you're finally developing yourself.
Nov 21, 2021 6:54 AM
Feb 2021
Definitely good development for Tamahiko from the previous episode . I hope he continues to grow as a good character. Yet again another wholesome episode.
VarunstrangeSep 20, 2023 2:13 AM
Nov 21, 2021 10:30 AM
Oct 2016
Yuzu lap pillow so precious

Nov 21, 2021 11:15 AM

Jun 2019
Gween_Gween said:
eyeofflame said:

Yeah, the idiosyncrasy of the MC is alright to the period, the one-dimensional struggle is not, it is more along the lines of half-assing the dilemma. Instead of adding a two way argument between the MC and the boy, it was a one sided speech that didnt have an adequate response. That is why I think that it could have used other topic that doesnt have as much depth to explore the growth of the main character, but I suppose that this aspect is the most hard-hitting one

What I disliked about this subplot of the episode was the idea that Tamahiko would give advice about it not being so bad for live-in workers/servants with respect to getting enough time and respect to have allowances for visiting with their family and such. That's how his family treated the servants (and maybe only some of the servants some of the time - who knows?). It's obviously not some absolute which is indicative of how his actual work situation and living situation will be with a family of strangers neither of them have even met. It just strikes me as so foolhardy to give advice like this and act proud of it when you have absolutely zero idea the nature of the situation that boy is entering into in reality. Every family is different. Every workplace is different. What if it's a horribly cruel and abusive setup even more exploitative than the average for the area and time period? Wouldn't you feel like a piece of garbage convincing him to walk into that blindly with a smile?

Ultimately it's because of those simplistic things in the logic of characters' actions and how they think or, rather, don't think, which cheapens the impact of this series for me. I get that it's supposed to be a mostly lighthearted and feel good, charming SoL, but I wish they didn't introduce these "dilemmas" at all when the handling of them is so basic and rushed. The gravity and seriousness of some of the issues they face doesn't match how quickly they're papered over. The romance between the two main characters is one thing - I don't have a problem with that at all as it's the central premise of the show (I know you do based on your comments on various threads on this sub-forum and in your review for the series, but that's a whole other issue which comes down more to an ideological difference), but I wish the rest of the story could just focus on these two characters' actual development and daily lives as bringing in these random new problems of newly introduced characters only for them to be solved in a few minutes of an episode doesn't make for a compelling overall story or one I feel I care much about. The formula is just too fast and artificially neat for my liking.
Nov 22, 2021 10:46 AM

Jul 2017
The kids are back...but more of them from Ryo's house of influence. Tamahiko's house turns into a classroom, and Tamahiko-sensei is in session!

Ryo isn't so much of a bad girl now, but her actions before caused quite the stir and apologizing to Yuzu is a sole effort. Although feelings are still in tension, at least it isn't as bad as before.

Cleaning the house with Yuzu on the last day of Taisho 11 (Dec 31, 1922), and Tamahiko feels tired from all the housework. Yuzu turning 15 years old and back in those days, girls her age can be wives. But Tamahiko's pessimism persists, and that will always make Yuzu's dedication to him even stronger. DAT KISS though, it's the sweetest thing ever.

One of Ryo's siblings Ryotaro managed to find a job in Tokyo to support Ryo, but going missing is a desolate thought. Thankfully he's just resting in a shed nearby, and the taught of him being influenced by friends is a frightening aspect, so Tamahiko clearing things up provides a better outlook. Have a safe journey Ryotaro.

Also, Tamahiko, be a man, a father figure.
Nov 22, 2021 4:07 PM

May 2015
Oh wow, I didn't actually expect him to go in for a kiss! Nice! So cute.

But I've never had my smile disappear so quickly then it did when she appeared during the first teaching scene. It was so wholesome and cute until she appeared. But the kids are great, they did nothing wrong.

From the order of things so far she should be gone by the next episode. The sister had about 2 episodes until she left so soon we'll probably be meeting the idol girl.

Seems they're suggesting that the MC's future profession will be a teacher. Tbh not a bad choice. He wouldn't really need two hands for that and wouldn't be hugely inconvenienced by it.

I loved that entire scene about the talk of marriage. Yuzuki was all for it lol. I'm very happy to see them kiss. I was beginning to think that would be saved for the last episode. Can't wait to see what adorable and wholesome things they'll get up to in future episodes.
DarknessRealityNov 22, 2021 4:14 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 23, 2021 11:32 AM

Jan 2018
I expected Tamahiko to get paid for his coaching but oh well. Maybe he'll get the idea of earning money by tutoring later?
I didn't expect him to write to his dad to ask for getting back in highschool (probably a local one nearest to him). I think he was living off of his dad's money at least for some time anyway so I guess asking for highschool fees isn't that bad. I thought he was gonna go independent sooner but maybe just doing tutoring isn't enough to support his and Yuzu's living. So ultimately this was a good call. Being one-handed sucks tho. Not only will he be handicapped but I'm sure he'll receive some bullying for it as well.

Damn I wasn't expecting the kiss scene. That felt good and I'm hoping for more ;)

New character next episode nice.
Nov 24, 2021 6:29 PM

Jul 2016
And of course the bitch was forgiven and will become a regular character from now on. She enjoys making other people suffer and genuinely wanted to destroy Tamahiko and Yuzu's relationship yet the author brushed it all off like it was nothing.
Honestly, this show leaves a lot to be desired in the drama department. It really should have stayed at being just pure fluff and nothing else.
Nov 25, 2021 1:46 PM
Jul 2011
SouthRzVa said:
And of course the bitch was forgiven and will become a regular character from now on. She enjoys making other people suffer and genuinely wanted to destroy Tamahiko and Yuzu's relationship yet the author brushed it all off like it was nothing.
Honestly, this show leaves a lot to be desired in the drama department. It really should have stayed at being just pure fluff and nothing else.
I just read the summaries and didn't really watch the series. So I'm not sure, but the scene Ryou apologizing to Yuzu was so weird.
I'm so confused about that whole bookmark literally ripped off scene and the way Ryou was "amazed" of how Yuzu "stood up" to her?
I was like "oh my god, is she serious!?", either Ryou is sort of delusional or she just selfishly interpreted the situation in her own way.
Dec 9, 2021 7:35 PM

Dec 2020
damm he's rly getting better now. kissed his crush, helping around the house more, becoming a teacher to the kids in the village, so so happy for him

but are we just gonna.. forgive that green haired ass like that💀💀 she acts decent, apologizes and we move on?????
Dec 10, 2021 12:11 AM

Mar 2018
The kiss scene is beautiful! But I was surprised to realize that when watching this I was actually more touched by the scenes with Ryoutarou.

raiderublaze said:
Happy birthday to Yuzu though, which just turned 15, and I'm jelly thinking that she had her first kiss earlier than me...welp.

It gets worse. She's 15 by traditional East Asian age reckoning, in which you are considered 1 year old when newborn. By modern western age reckoning she is 14. :)

Yuzuki is born on the 31st of December 1908. That scene takes place on the 31st of December 1922.
Dec 15, 2021 12:32 AM

May 2010
Instantly lets Ryou to their friend despite all the shit she did...great writing...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 17, 2021 8:28 PM
Dec 2019
Finally Tamahiko and Yuzu kissed. Also it was nice seeing him encourage the kid to work and inspire him. This was great episode, it also seems like Ryo is a better person now. Tamahiko is a great teacher too, you can see that all the kids like him and enjoy being taught by him.
Dec 28, 2021 10:14 PM

Jan 2020
Wtf. A simple apology was all it took for yuzu to forgive Ryo? This really pissed me off and took away from my enjoyment of this episode. Anyway, it was a sweet episode overall, and Tamahiko had some great progress this episode.
AnimillionDec 28, 2021 10:27 PM
Jan 3, 2022 8:09 PM
Nov 2012
So I guess ryou has a twin or she has multiple personality’s because there’s no way this is the same person from episode 6. Says she likes the Mc’s when she had utter contempt for both of them the previous episode?! Not buying this switch!
Jan 4, 2022 12:03 AM

Jun 2020
So fluffy & touching. Yuzu & Tamahiko are so sweet togetherಥ﹏ಥ they are growing in their relationship & Yuzu is such a light in his life. I’m excited to see them go to school, I assume they will go together. Yuzu back at school, I’m sure she’ll enjoy it too.

Rooting for Ryotaro, he’s so brave for his ageಥ﹏ಥ

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 31, 2022 2:26 AM

Nov 2014
Tamahiko was great as teacher, Ryoutaro even brought more kids to be his student and also he loved by all of them, Yuzu also helping preparing the room for study.

Ryou appeared brought some foods for the kids and together with Yuzu preparing it. When preparing she did said sorry about mischief and wrongdoing that she done before. She taken liking to both of them for their kindness and massive respect for Yuzu especially the way she showing her feelings to Tamahiko. Still in the end she still confused why brought bride like Yuzu can be happy like that.

One of my favorite part of this episode was Tamahiko & Yuzu 1st kiss. Upon reaching her marriageable age, 15 years old. She told Him she ready to be his bride :3. Tamahiko really happy with that but he still not ready until he can protect her. That gave him motivation to continue study and become someone worthy for her in the future and then they can get married.

Meanwhile Ryoutaro one of Ryou lil bro seems going to work in the city and tell Tamahiko & Yuzu his farewell, but actually feared to work outside since he might be able not no meet his family again. Ryou was looking him all over the place until met him asleep in the storage. Good grief after some words from Tamahiko he eventually brave himself out.
Feb 13, 2022 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
Sweet kiss and Tamahiko would make for a great sensei.

Respect to Ryotaro for going to Tokyo to work, if only his shitty father wasn't useless and supported his family Ryotaro could've perhaps stayed and grow up like a kid.

Mar 2, 2022 1:03 PM

Mar 2013
This is really an inspiring episode, well most episodes up to this point are.

Our guy finally kissed her, oh how cute~ OwO
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2021

104 by basskiller »»
Jan 11, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

50 by basskiller »»
Jan 8, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

52 by basskiller »»
Jan 6, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2021

45 by basskiller »»
Jan 3, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2021

47 by basskiller »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.