Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 4, 2021 7:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Since after the first episode, everyone being amazed at komi's ramen-eating skills is the best thing I've seen so far. That and pregnant Najimi

Komi-san to me is what Horimiya for me a couple seasons ago. Both had me going in with high expectations, being blown away by the first couple episodes (for komi-san, I really only thoroughly enjoyed the first episode), before realizing it was becoming rather mediocre. Maybe it has to do with the introductions to the side characters, taking away the spotlight from our two main characters which I initially came to be invested in?

Horimiya's side characters were nothing special, but I remember some of them did have pretty good stories to them. Here in komi-san though, so far I'm getting real close to calling the side characters as annoying. Except Najimi though, he/she is alright. Like in this episode we were introduced to a chuunibyou character.... that was the last thing we needed.

Don't get me wrong I'm still overall enjoying it, but I'm really here only for the actual star of the show, komi-san herself. Everything else can just blend into the background as far as I'm concerned

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 4, 2021 7:56 PM

Jun 2019
Despite not getting any bad episodes so far, I still couldn’t shake this feeling that this anime was not as good as I remembered it being. Thankfully, this episode cleared up that unease and reconfirmed how good this anime is. It isn’t all hits, hardly any comedy is. But it is one of the few anime I have seen that can get me to laugh out loud on a consistent basis, even if it is a few chuckles an episode.
Nov 4, 2021 9:20 PM

Jan 2019
I appreciate that they're still developing some of these characters that appeared to be one note stereotypes like Agari.

Solid episode as always
Nov 5, 2021 1:46 AM

Sep 2020
We want more romance the ending was soo good.
Nov 5, 2021 4:25 AM

Jul 2021
gOOd morning Komi-san! I notice that her summer school uniform looks really nicer than her wearing the blazer which is why everyone is intrigued by her lolol. Also fitness examination arc! Yadano back at it again being rivals with Komi-san until she goo woosh when some students chased to Komi-san wearing a gym uniform and ponytail :3. Afterwards, the examination began and just throughout the examination, it’s funny how Yadano is just putting her strength on and is trying her hardest + her facial expression is pretty hilarious while in the end, Komi-san just won every single fitness examination, poor Yadano who really wants to beat Komi-san :V

Also I really got some laughs when Komi-san was conflicted after Najimi asks her to allow them to come to her house and omg that one scene when Najimi just entered to her house without constraint and met Komi-san's mother, who Najimi and Tadano thought she was as quiet like Komi-san until her mother was excited and called herself an eternal 17 year old xD Afterwards, everything just went quiet while Najimi tried to put Tadano and Komi-san in a room alone and they just did nothing, also cute scene when 3 of them was opening Komi-san's cute album :3

Also the ramen scene! Everything is just picture perfect when Komi-san was eating her ramen while Tadano kun and Najimi was like, "I ain't gonna be able to finish this"

ALSO SCREAMED when Nakanaka made an appearance, ah yes chuunibyou, a very relatable trait to me when I was a little kid back then and I like how realistic it is tbh. Tadano's chuunibyou was funny too when he tried to confess his less but eventually got rejected and then he tried stop doing it :3.

Looking forward to the next episode because I just got blushes when Komi-san shared an umbrella with Tadano kun aaa it was adorable!

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 5, 2021 4:49 AM
Oct 2019
Komi Mother, Forever 17 y.o lmao

Yes Chunnibyou character is here with the eye patch as well, reminded me to one Anime called Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Absolutely Hilarious.
Nov 5, 2021 6:55 AM
Jan 2021
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nakanaka is hilarious, kinda reminds me of Rikka from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! complete with even an eyepatch.

Loved the Komi reactions and fantasies as usual. Everyone sees her as a perfect beauty at school. Please give Nakanaka more screen time for this show though. She's a very entertaining character imo.

Nakanaka has her eyepatch on her left eye, and has a yellow right eye. Rikka has an eyepatch on her right eye, hiding her yellow eye. Coincidence? I think not.
Nov 5, 2021 8:47 AM

Jul 2019
Now we have a Chuunibyou character. Can't wait to see more characters. I want to see more of Komi-san family too.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 5, 2021 4:09 PM

Oct 2020
Komi-san's mom is the complete polar opposite of Komi. Nakanaka looks like Rika from "Love Chunibyo and Other Delusions!" and, what a surprise, they're both chunibyos. Tadano used to be chunibyo but, he got struck down hard by a girl. A nice episode this week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2021 1:59 AM
Mar 2017
the ending was adorable!
Nov 6, 2021 6:18 AM

Oct 2018
Lots of things happening around this episode. Almost a lot of chapters of fun moment and exciting stuff we've explored for this one.

First of all, Yadano Makeru is back again, and is ready for round 2 for Komi-san. I feel bad but also laughed at how Yadano-san always lose to Komi-san physical strength. She even considered Komi-san as her rival, oh wait, does that counts as tomodachi? I guess close, like 0.5

I'm gonna be suprised about this, Komi Shuuko is forever 17, which is sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :o, but still what is her real age tbh? Anyway, moving on. I see Najimi-san trying to ship Komi-san and Tadano-kun. That's really something but also quite cute. Still, how it will end, not sure. It's quite far from completion XD

Next one, I'm suprised Agari-san is leading them to the famous Ramen shop. It's quite hillarious that there is 4 rules of "Ramen Darou". I feel bad for Najimi-san, that word strikes hard into him XD

Oh well, it's amazing that the Ramen portion is so large, and meanwhile only Tadano-kun and Najimi-san who were stuffed from it XD

Lastly, ah yessssss. This is a Chuunibyou episode! Hehe, did we slipped Rikka Takanashi Wicked Eye onto this girl named, eto... the chuunibyou name are quite long, so I'll call her Nakanaka Omoharu. Ah yes, the painful moment Tadano-kun has to faced with his Chuunibyou year. I'm guessing that time why Tadano-kun got embarrassed and wants to have a normal life in ep 1 is because of THIS (also why is his appearance is closely of Nishikata-kun from Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san?). Oh my god, poor Tadano-kun XD

Well that's all I put into it, I'll just considered Nakanaka blood pact as a way for Komi-san to gain tomodachi. So like 5 friends for Komi-san XD. And also the umbrella scene is cute as well. Oh yeah, I feel bad on the fact they bought the umbrella only to find 1-2 minutes later the sun is shining again. What a way to end the series. Yoshhhhh, see ya next week for ep 6

Also, nice references of Detective Conan, from the BGM sound when Najimi is peeking to see Tadano-kun and Komi-san alone, and also Phantom Thief note who takes the umbrella!
RiriHitosuyanagiNov 6, 2021 6:28 AM
Forum set made by Nate
Nov 6, 2021 7:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
More characters incoming. First, Rival-san enlightened by the magnificency of Komi. She lost there, but not forever. Mother of goddess? Damn, she actually had an opposite characteristic from her daughter. I wonder where Komi disorder comes from. Najimi being Najimi, destroyed Komi's room. I wonder how Najimi got that photo. What a mystery. Agari again, visiting ramen shop. Ah, that's how the goddess enjoy ramen. Ofc the shopkeeper understood Komi. Everyone should kneel before her. The chuuni one actually quite decent. Backstory of Tadano. Freakin sad boy story, boy! A bit sad too seeing such an unfair treatment of her in gymnastic scene. But, with that conducted, finally she made a contract with a beauty goddess of the school, which i thought it may free her from her chuuni. But nope, funny girl always be funny. Hopefully i got to see her more often than some yikes character like Yamai. Hell no. Shall i talk about the after credit scene? Damn, Tadano. Being an average guy actually encounters such a great memory like that. Lovely...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 6, 2021 11:13 AM

Aug 2008
Komimom with forever 17 was a nice touch considering the VA. Other than that, it's just another series where I need to watch it in 1.5 speed and still skip parts because watching dust in the air brings more unexpected development than these one-note background characters.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 6, 2021 6:52 PM

Mar 2018
Im not gonna lie komi san might just be the perfect adaptation and this episode made my mind up i think

The animation, voice acting and comedy are all on point and dont get me started on that opening

Love the new chuunibyo girl, her mom and almost most every other character in this show. its so feel good

Love how komi was instigating more this week too
Nov 6, 2021 9:27 PM

May 2019
Man,about this Nakanaka, her moments could be more complete with a:

JUDGE
MENT
KNIGHTS

JUDGEM
MENT
KNIGHTS
OF

THUNDER!!!

I miss Saiki anime a lot. Komi is nice, but that anime was a superior comedy in everything.
Nov 6, 2021 9:53 PM
Feb 2021
Best Episode so far, this episode tackles everything in a good way. No crazy scene from Agari being Komi's pet, or Yamai being a psycho.

I like how the handle Nakanaka as a chunibyou, She is not treat Komi like a goddess, but she just wanna be friend with her, but with her strage gimmick. The breakdown from her was sad, she just talked non sense, sit down, and have mental breakdown.

Cute end of episode there, just walk down the rain with an Umbrella for Tadano and Komi. it's so cute.
Nov 7, 2021 3:26 AM

Dec 2018
An okay start, then that chunibyou girl appear all the sudden in front of Komi is so funny~

That beautiful ending! Really hoping Komi and Tadano ship sail *o*

Wait, Najimi write phantom thief...Is that Persona 5 reference?

Nov 7, 2021 5:01 AM
Jan 2021
this episdoe was hilarious with Nakanaka who reminds me of reminds me of Rikka.
Nov 7, 2021 5:54 AM

Apr 2014
So last time we got a yandere and now we got a chuuni, huh? A visit to Komi's house was nice. Najimi is really pushy, though. When I saw that Inoue Kikuko voices Komi's mom I knew that she will put the "Eternal 17yo" joke right from the start.
Nov 7, 2021 10:54 AM
May 2021
I'm kinda bored after a couple of good episodes. Hope the production team doesn't do a 1:1 adaptation.
Nov 7, 2021 12:22 PM

Nov 2013
LoL, I think the anime is about Komi realizing she only needs like 1-2 friends, instead of 100. The school is packed with weirdos!
Nov 7, 2021 5:34 PM
Dec 2019
Komi-san made a new friend only 96 left to go until she reaches her dream. Another fun episode with a new character that adds to the story's charm.
Nov 7, 2021 8:16 PM

Jan 2020
Wow, I loved this episode like always. I'm liking the "rivalry" that Komi is part of and I kind of Canada had those since they really seem like a lot of fun lmao. And that ramen shop seemed perfect for Komi considering how quiet it was so good for her lol

Nakanaka is interesting so far and the part where Komi chose her was honestly quite wholesome

Nov 8, 2021 5:45 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,that Ramen portion was huge!!!
And Agari and Komi finished it in no time!!

Oh well,it was a good episode,but the standout for me was the ED,esp when Tadano realised Komi had seen the "Phantom Thief N"'s note and asked her.Her face was precious!
Nov 9, 2021 7:30 AM

Jul 2020
It's sooooo goooood!!!
Nov 11, 2021 3:11 AM

Jun 2021
A lot of things happened in this episode and all of them were heartwarming. Shouko Komi's mom had created quite a hype out there and finally getting to see the character is cool.

I also want to see how Shouko's friendship/"rivalry" with the sporty girl progresses, as well as her friendship with Nakanaka (the Chuunibyou girl), especially with the latter, whom I think will give us some fun and cute moments throughout the show.
Nov 11, 2021 7:34 PM

Mar 2020
Eternal 17!!

First I doubted if the Anime can adapt that chapter as good as the Manga.

But now I got no more complaints.
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Nov 12, 2021 6:22 AM

Dec 2016
Komi-san's reaction during the mom reveal was so relatable XD

The awkwardness around them when they visited Komi-san's place is literally what happens with me when I'm with a group of people XD

The why he said the “L” of Operation L, had to replay it multiple times šŸ¤£

How Nakanaka was left out, that was relatable but in my case there was no person as nice as Komi-san to team up with me...

That heart attack when your past is revealed, that so makes you feel like shit XD
Nov 12, 2021 4:05 PM

Nov 2016
Komi's mom is so adorable, but the cringe would kill me if I was her child lmao.

And here is the chuuni character(with light ojou/tsundere vibes)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 14, 2021 7:58 PM

Mar 2016
Social disorder or not, I think a lot of highschool students would be like Komi if their mother greeted their friends for the first time the way she did xD
Despite being a chuuni, Nakanaka actually seems to be the most manageable of the 'friends' so far (barring Tadano, maybe Najimi if you ignore their scheming). Simply due to the fact that they're the don't have any masochistic fetishes or psychotic tendencies.

Wingman badge for the episode does go to Najimi this episode. Their scheming spy attempt at Komi's house din't not bear fruit...until they revealed the hidden books under the bed (social skill guides) and then treated us to the photo album of smol-Komi. The umbrella 'borrowing' worked like a damn charm and was sweet as pure sugar :3
Nov 16, 2021 4:29 AM

Feb 2019
That ending scene was really cute ^^ I don't remember if that was in the manga
Nov 16, 2021 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
I was dying at the epic BGM playing when Nakanaka was doing her chuuni ramblings. Sounded like something straight out of Dark Souls, lol

Poor Tadano, that was one hell of a traumatic way to get forcefully snapped out of your chuuni phase. Then again, perhaps that past rejection was actually a blessing in disguise. He now has the favor of a goddess after all. :p
Nov 18, 2021 6:45 AM
Oct 2021
With every new episode, I love this anime more and more.
I especially appreciated resident shipper and fanbase representative Najimi stealing the umbrella in the last little bit! I thought that little end credits umbrella scene was really well done - the fact that it was simple and sweet and didn't even need dialogue for the viewers to get a clear picture of what was going on is a testament to the wonderful direction and animation!! Ah I can't wait for next week!
if not watching anime, probably sleeping
Nov 18, 2021 8:01 AM

Oct 2016
Yadano is a straight up shounen rival lmao. Najimi is hilarious as always, and Komi's mom is eternally 17!

I love how the Ramen shop owner actually understood Komi, if I was Komi, I'd definitely keep coming there just for that alone. Nakanaka's probably the most normal character so far besides Tadano, despite being a chuuni, she's adorable and also in need of friends. That gym scene with her laughing the pain away was highkey sad.

Chuuni Tadano though, or should I say Chadano. Getting rejected after a stunt like that can definitely destroy a man lmao.
Nov 18, 2021 1:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think this anime would work much better with shorter episodes. Having 4 separate stories in one go feels a bit schizophrenic. Some of it was really sweet but then the whole bit with the chuuni was a bit cringe to be honest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 19, 2021 7:40 AM

Oct 2008
that Nakanaka chuuni was a total Cringe!
haha nice! a least Komi is good at P.E.!
oh nice! that was pretty early! seeing the mom of Komi san...and we even seen a glimpse of her dad and her brother! nice! also seeing the mom speak like a normal being seems like different cuz she's like a copy paste of Komi-san but a bit older/mature lolz!
oh Tadano how lucky you are being able to share an umbrella with Komi-san!
5/5.

Nov 19, 2021 10:17 AM

May 2018
I want to see more of Chuuni Tadano lol
Nov 20, 2021 6:40 AM

May 2015
Komilf is real! Eternal 17 :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 20, 2021 11:20 AM

Apr 2021
Najimi is my favorite character of the season
Nov 20, 2021 11:24 AM
Aug 2019
To those who have read the manga, how is the show doing at adapting the material? Are they skipping a lot, is the impact of the manga still there, etc?
Nov 22, 2021 2:41 AM

Mar 2016
Yet another wonderful ep, though it is quite a shame that I am watching this a few weeks behind, nevertheless, a nice wholesome ep to bring my mood through the roof! The ED is replaced by Komi and Tadano taking a walk home under a single umbrella, in the manga, that sequence spans a whole chapter, but as can be seen in this ep, many chapters are compacted into 1 ep, not much of an issue though seeing how well they've adapted it. I really particularly loved Najimi and Tadano visiting the Komi household, the mother's introduction is as vibrant as I remembered it to be in the manga!
Nov 28, 2021 11:27 AM

Mar 2010
Komi has been quite lucky, and that confession turning bad like dat was for his own good.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 5, 2021 7:19 PM

Aug 2008
Chuunibyou was a disappointing anime for me, don't need to see a clone in another anime. The mother was and could continue to be amusing in short bursts like in this episode though. Komi continues to be what makes the show watchable, otherwise just a collection of one note side characters.
Dec 9, 2021 11:09 AM

Apr 2020
I can't believe it bros but episode by episode, I am finally believing in Komi's beauty, I have now accepted her grace. It's all downhill from here.

Aside from that weird statement from me, Yadano still sucks (poor girl), Nakanaka is now here and has now made a blood pact with Komi (she's her new friend), and Tadano is reminded of his chuuni past (that stupid bastard).
Dec 13, 2021 6:12 AM

Mar 2021
So Komi is better than Yadano all things fitness but there’s no way that ball only traveled 1m someone needs there eyes checked. I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions and making there minds up before Komi can gather the courage to react. Komi and her mother look the exact same. Cute how she wants to frame the photo I never knew I would like a character that never speaks so much. Nice to see Agari not acting like a dog she could have been a decent character after all.
Dec 17, 2021 3:36 PM
May 2020
Nakanaka such a goated character lol
Dec 27, 2021 8:09 AM

Jun 2021
Chuunibyou Tadano didn't look bad, even if his efforts were doomed. Instead, didn't enjoy some over-exaggerated faces of Yadano in the first part of the episode even if the characters is overall alright for now. About Nakanaka... is she going to be like a certain Yoshiko? Whatever, i already looked for pictures of her without the eyepatch because i already think she looks better showing her entire face. And running the end credits with the rain segment was a good idea.
Dec 28, 2021 4:01 AM
Jul 2021
komi san's mother is so cool and i love how komi san and tadano interacted with each other for 20 minutes or so. we all know tadano's dark past of being just like nakanaka, i found that part hillarious
Dec 29, 2021 12:56 AM

Aug 2018
With a "blood pact" xd, Komi-san made another friend, Nakanaka.
Komi-san's mother is very pretty.
Dec 30, 2021 5:46 AM

May 2016
That ending was by far thee most beautiful Komi san scene ever.

5/5
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» This show is an absolute disgrace at representing social anxiety ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Apr 26

65 by Lilgreenbean »»
May 2, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2021

114 by drizzle-midnight »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

219 by LIAV001 »»
Apr 21, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

127 by Woah_Originality »»
Feb 20, 9:38 PM

» Why are all characters so shallow? ( 1 2 )

Argonnant - Nov 3, 2021

51 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 16, 2:59 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.