Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 6, 2021 4:24 AM

Nov 2020
Wait so were those 86 processors helping the legion by destroying part of san magnolia’s defensive wall with explosives, making it easier for the legion to get inside?
Nov 6, 2021 4:51 AM
May 2008
FurySlasher said:
Wait so were those 86 processors helping the legion by destroying part of san magnolia’s defensive wall with explosives, making it easier for the legion to get inside?

No, they destroyed a bridge slowing the Legion down.
Nov 6, 2021 11:51 AM

Jul 2008
Shin really is a monster...holy crap.

And then that ending, WTF happened?!?!
Nov 6, 2021 4:47 PM

Jan 2020
I'm in awe at the level of animation honestly. I thought there was a limit to how well A-1 could translate from one medium to another, but this episode is by far the most impressive of the entire show.

After watching this episode, my understanding is that Shinei doesn't want to live. I'm not sure what's it that he's after, but it looks to me that his goal is to die on the battlefield. He definitely lost it in that battle and was ready to die. I wish they could explain a bit more the reasons behind this behavior, but we'll see what happens in future episodes. Frederica said that he resembles her knight which basically lost everything and went berserk, and that's kind of what Shinei is going too, but that explanation is not cutting it for me. Frederica also has some supernatural powers which are probably related to her having royal blood. How did she manage though to see what's happening to that Grand Mur or something in the San Mangolia Republic? I guess that's still something we have to yet learn. I hope I'm not missing details which are necessary to answer some of my questions.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Nov 6, 2021 9:25 PM
Dec 2020
Exactly what I like to see in 86, CGI wasn't his well. I prefer less CGI
Nov 8, 2021 9:41 PM

Feb 2019
Just. Wow. One of the best episodes of 86, hands down.

The action was the most thrilling I've ever seen. The first half just showed what the Republic failed to see, or rather did not care to see. With proper support, Spearhead Squadron - now Nordlicht - is a monstrosity, a monstrosity that the Legion doesn't just struggle against, but continuously lose. The swiftness and deadliness of the Nordlicht Squadron is their Reginleifs was just breathtaking, exhilarating, amazing. My heart was beating so quickly, and I had goose bumps all over. Especially when Shin rescued those three soldiers, but even more so when Shin took the Nordlicht Squadron forward to intercept the main force.

But even more than that, Shin's mad battle... When he completely lost himself to the battle... Awesome, terrifying, but definitely concerning. But no one that saw what he did can doubt that he is the Shinigami.

This episode has fully made me turn 180 degrees and like Frederica. I wasn't sure at first with the addition of pseudo-magic with her eyes, but then I remembered that Shin can literally hear the Legion. And maybe it's not magic, as is often said that technology that is sufficiently high enough is indistinguishable from magic. But that moment with Shin in the rain was perfect. It even brought tears to my eyes as I felt what fear, terror, and sadness Frederica must have felt in that moment. Is there something with the Nouzen clan that makes them such amazing fighters - and draws them into insanity?

The second half was no less amazing. The Gran Mur itself has fallen. It seems that it is now up to Lena to single-handedly defend the ungrateful and unworthy Republic of San Magnolia. General Karlstahl is on her side, as well as the officers sympathetic to her and Annette too. But most importantly of all, the 86ers whose trust she had to gain.

I thought I had goosebumps when I saw Shin and the Nordlicht Squadron in battle, but I was shivering all over when Lena told the Para-RAID to connect to "all processors", taking command of what I assume is the entire military strength of the eastern (?) frontier of San Magnolia. But it seems the 86ers are sympathetic to her as well.

And the moment that took the cake: The Bloody Regina is here!

I love this anime so much. This is one of the most amazing animes I've watched in a long time. I'm so excited to see how it goes from here. I want to see the badass, imperious, powerful Bloody Regina and all the 86ers under her command. Hopefully, the idiots at San Magnolia will not be able to stop her. And really, with all the 86ers under her, what can they do?
Nov 9, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
I'm not sure why everybody is freaking out with this episode. It's somewhat rare to see 95% 5/5's but nothing amazing really happened.

I mean It was definitely a good episode, but it didn't particularly make me feel any "hype" or the such.
Nov 9, 2021 3:53 PM

Sep 2018
DoctorWasabi said:
I'm not sure why everybody is freaking out with this episode. It's somewhat rare to see 95% 5/5's but nothing amazing really happened.

I mean It was definitely a good episode, but it didn't particularly make me feel any "hype" or the such.

You are a black hearted cynic ;-)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 20, 2021 4:36 AM

Jun 2019
That was one hell of an episode. It was so awesome to see the 86 fighting on the frontlines and destroying everything in their way especially when Shinei lost his senses for a while there and keep on moving forward. Poor Frederica got scared there. OST was so good on the battlefield. We also got to see Lena back in action in this episode.

That cliffhanger tho... Holy fuck...
Nov 29, 2021 3:17 PM
May 2020
It was too quiet in my apartment for that ending scene lol. I was scared!
Dec 22, 2021 3:27 PM
Jun 2017
Nice episode.
It was good to see at least a glimpse of logistics, something that's always overlooked in most military series.
Dec 30, 2021 6:39 AM

Nov 2021
Best action-packed episode of season 2 so far.

The Legion is out in a large scale attack against the forces of the Giad Federacy, the United Kingdom of Roa Gracia, the Alliance of Wald and the Republic of San Magnolia.

Lena reappears and now has under her command every 86 squad in Republic since Gran Mur defense line is now broken.
Jan 23, 2022 9:42 PM
Nov 2020
Man I still get goosebumps watching this episode. Shin’s suicide charge with that music was insane. And after watching the next episode you really appreciate this episode even more.
Feb 9, 2022 7:24 AM

Nov 2017
This was such an action packed episode, wasn't it? A lot of intensity put behind it and what was with that post credits scene? Heeee~h
Mar 24, 2022 6:11 AM
Oct 2019
Another Amazing Battle Episode...
Large Scale Attack from the Legion to all Nation?

Animation and the Music are so good.

Nice to see Lena again...

But what the fck is that Post Credit Scene Cliffhanger??? oh my god...
Kiri, what?

Apr 6, 2022 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
Back to the action-packaged episode i assume...

In the beginning of the episode We see Individual/Sheperd called "No Face" commanding attack on Legion in the beginning to every remaining country from east~Giad, north~ Roa Garcia south-Wald and west~ San Magnolia...

Battle rages on West Frontline...
As Shin predicted, they came in large number he forced himself directly to the military to prepare earlier for battle and told the truth about the attack.

Grethe surprised about the amount of legions that attacked that beyond their prediction and even more surprised that Shin and Nordlicht squad already in position.

Yeah time for the boys and girls showing their fangs. Anju with her Artilery, Kurena with her Sniper, Raiden with his frontline ability as a traillazer, Theo with his mobility and high-flying, and OFC the mighty griim reaper Shin.Like usual The CG's action in this battle was marvelous. Meanwhile in the base worried Frederica used her oversight ability saw San Magnolia were destroyed, She told Shin Kiriya wasn't in their battlefield but Shin didn't heard it as He really immersed in the battle and slowly to show his old eerie smile. Looking at him Frederica was really scared as he reminded him with Kiriya when he was fallen into madness. He really was like a madman destroyed every single Legion in front of him.

After they succeeded to beat back the legion, crying Frederica approach Shin and mad with him for his recklessness.

Back into Lena perspective in San Magnolia. Refer back to Frederica sight before Gran Mur already destroyed. Looking at those old Alba's thinking that as a joke and believing to be able to win, reminding of how "trash" they are.
As Lena rushing to the command room to prepared the intercept again Legion by trying to unified remaining processors, Her Uncle Jerome stopped her as trying to slap her with "trash white pig" reality check as there are no need for 86 to do anything, protecting them after what they done to them. Unlike before... She might just accepted the statement and silenced but now She is "Queen Bloody Regina" She showed her Uncle her strong resolve as She'll fight to the end so She can faced, reached and deserved to meet those 86. Even he still pessimistic against Lena resolve, he brought his rifle and said that he'll tried to hold those legions back for Lena to do her "Dreams"
"Para-RAID Activate" " Succesfully Connected" ahhh this bring backs memories ...
"Resonance all processors" Queen Bloody Regina commanding all processors, Republic army clean the LandMine... San Magnolia final defense till last drop of blood !!1

In post-credit scene Frederica explained he sight as Kiriya was the one who Launch those massive attack on San Magnolia as she saw the San Magnolia flag torn with Ruin of the Gran Mur, and Huge Legion commanding the attack. Just in the moment suddenly Glimpse of Kiriya appeared and... see ya in next episode XD..
Apr 16, 2022 5:58 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, they really ended the ep with an unexpected cliffhanger in the after credits like that. The Federacy is lucky to have Shin (who did a bit too much sicko mode) and his squad there otherwise they would've been unexpectedly obliterated by the legions.

Jun 13, 2022 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
I agree with Lena's uncle, let them fucking stupid ignorant racist Albas die for a change. Who knows maybe it's not to late for them. Also, tf was wrong with Shin?
Aug 22, 2022 6:49 PM

Aug 2021
lena lowkey carries the show... this part has been good don't get me wrong, but a lot worse than part 1 was up until this point but this episode was really good and she's the main reason why. hopefully we're past all that boring stuff and onto what is supposed to make this part so great now...
Aug 27, 2022 12:31 AM
Aug 2021
very goosd annd goofd
Sep 7, 2022 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
gotta say, good guys are OP here, like that was a huge army an they barelly did any damage, Legion are just numbers, other than that the action scenes were impressive an Lenas side of the battle does feel like they are facing an actual threat, we ll see
Sep 11, 2022 12:13 PM
Apr 2017
They cannot do action scenes to save their lives. They send special forces into the open battlefield and they defeat an enemy force several times their size by sheer fact that the enemy barely fires back, have the reaction time of a slug, and don't seem to know what they're doing.

Not to mention that the AI's master plan is to divide its forces to attack four disconnected countries at the same time, rather than concentrating its forces and wiping them out one by one. Genius big brain manoeuvre.

These countries of course are all immaculate first world nations despite being in a desperate war for years, and have perfectly functional TV and Radio in their own territory, but apparently have no knowledge of each others' existence due to a convenient "jamming" everywhere else outside of these bubbles - I could forgive it for the Republic, maybe the geography lines up to the point where they are somehow cut off. But ALL of the others? Seriously? And no one outside of this region has bothered to check out what the murderous AI is doing, even though again, this has modern to highly advanced tech?

The premise is a joke, the execution is a joke, this show continues to go downhill.

At least we finally get to see the other one of the two good characters in this series again, because it's Republic time finally. Even though she's basically the only person there who we care about at this stage. If only her good scene with her uncle wasn't undercut by the insanity of everything else in this episode.
Sep 15, 2022 4:01 AM

Dec 2018
"FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE" lololol nice terminator ref

the republic is like weimar germany, just partying it up oblivious to the world around them
Sep 21, 2022 11:09 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Can't believe i'm saying this but FINALLY SHE'S BACK !!!!!!!!!

Oct 31, 2022 2:16 PM

Feb 2018
The fight with the Legion was awesome! That face Shin made tho :S.. Also noice Lena's back!
Nov 19, 2022 7:24 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Fucking awesome episode, I waiting so long to come back to this, but since earlier this year they finally released the remaining episodes, time to get on track.
Unlike part 1, this adaptation is OVERSHADOWING the source material, just incredible to watch, they are making volumes 2-3 far better to experience than they were when reading.

The direction prowess this adaptation has is what I wished most would have, when I critic the directing.
Incredible, the scale is so well captured, the action, but also the more calm or depressive and shocking scenes, also Lena is finally back, and again, praise has to be given for Frederica's VA, she was not annoying for me in the LN, but they made her even better, and that is also due to the quality director this adaptation boasts, her expressions are just great to see.

OST of course, Sayano doesnt disappoint.
Dec 12, 2022 11:02 PM

Dec 2021
Bro what's going on, the ending oml!
Lena's back tho still going strong
Dec 24, 2022 6:30 PM
Dec 2022
wow
truly amn amazing show that hits the feels
Jan 19, 2023 9:40 AM

Aug 2016
Strong strong episode. Ending with Lena and opening of next episode. Chef kiss. I wish 86 anime did better but that is fate of military animes. I guess I will go back to reading novels. Anime did well in portraying battle circumstances on both fronts though. Maybe better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2023 5:30 PM

Feb 2019
Why does it say ‘86 stay out’ if the civilians aren’t supposed to know about the 86th district. Boy I sure hope someone got fired for that one. 

Also don’t understand why the main cast are still being discriminated against. It’s not a racial thing like it was in the other country. It would be like me hating a Canadian solely for being Canadian.. Okay maybe it is realistic. 
Apr 5, 2023 5:18 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome action scenes and I absolutely love hearing the Spearhead theme again. Shin going nuts actually got me grinning.

I do feel like there's less tension though since Shin's squadron is incredibly overpowered at this point. Can't wait to see them fight an enemy of equal footing.
Apr 9, 2023 5:46 PM

Aug 2014
Fred: Oh no, Shin is becoming a battle freak just like Kiri...maybe I should not have encouraged them to fight to help me find my dead knight?

What a fucking riot this story has become.

Also, the Legion are supposed to be programmed to kill, yet the moment Shin and the others show up they stop firing and back off. LMAO the power of plot armor people. In reality they would have been turned into swiss cheese. This story won an award btw HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Apr 9, 2023 6:25 PM

Aug 2014
Babineaux said:
They cannot do action scenes to save their lives. They send special forces into the open battlefield and they defeat an enemy force several times their size by sheer fact that the enemy barely fires back, have the reaction time of a slug, and don't seem to know what they're doing.

Not to mention that the AI's master plan is to divide its forces to attack four disconnected countries at the same time, rather than concentrating its forces and wiping them out one by one. Genius big brain manoeuvre.

These countries of course are all immaculate first world nations despite being in a desperate war for years, and have perfectly functional TV and Radio in their own territory, but apparently have no knowledge of each others' existence due to a convenient "jamming" everywhere else outside of these bubbles - I could forgive it for the Republic, maybe the geography lines up to the point where they are somehow cut off. But ALL of the others? Seriously? And no one outside of this region has bothered to check out what the murderous AI is doing, even though again, this has modern to highly advanced tech?

The premise is a joke, the execution is a joke, this show continues to go downhill.

At least we finally get to see the other one of the two good characters in this series again, because it's Republic time finally. Even though she's basically the only person there who we care about at this stage. If only her good scene with her uncle wasn't undercut by the insanity of everything else in this episode.
I completely 100% agree with you. The premise is absolutely ridiculous. Things happen for a certain way for either no reason or a BS reasoning made by the author in order to push the plot the way it has to go (example why the 86 even fight or why Shin and the other continue to fight etc) A lot of things make no sense or just ends up being contradicting to previous actions/episodes. I have no idea how this thing is highly rated. I guess when anime fans only have generic harem/isekai as far as the eye can see, they will latch onto anything that seems different. However, this anime uses the same tired tropes and plot armor over and over and over.
Apr 13, 2023 3:09 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode, back in the main heat of the action.. Lena gets some screentime too!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 21, 2023 6:59 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Okay, so they are about to get the capital. Lena also got some sort of ... promotion or what was that?
Is this like the preparing of the last final battle?

Aug 31, 2023 7:48 PM
Aug 2023
Ankylar said:
Babineaux said:

I completely 100% agree with you. The premise is absolutely ridiculous. Things happen for a certain way for either no reason or a BS reasoning made by the author in order to push the plot the way it has to go (example why the 86 even fight or why Shin and the other continue to fight etc) A lot of things make no sense or just ends up being contradicting to previous actions/episodes. I have no idea how this thing is highly rated. I guess when anime fans only have generic harem/isekai as far as the eye can see, they will latch onto anything that seems different. However, this anime uses the same tired tropes and plot armor over and over and over.
I pretty much agree with everything said here, except I don't think the high ratings is due to isekai fans finally watching something different, it seems to be light novel readers in the comments who are happy with the adaption.

One of the problems with this series is Shin's unit are deemed "awesome and right" almost all the time, and everybody else is "wrong and/or sucks in comparison". This made it difficult for me to like them, because they don't seem to struggle for real, nor apologize for making big mistakes because they don't make big mistakes, or for acting condescending to others. While the animation was great in this episode for the battle, I actually didn't really feel that much tension nor intensity because Shin's unit wasn't struggling and the show says they're "awesome", so I kind of got no reason to care. But contrast that with Lena just walking to her office, holy cows did I feel way more intensity and tension in that scene because she was struggling to convince her uncle, and I didn't know if she'd succeed or not. The whole 1st cour showed us her struggles and failures, and boy was it awesome when she got to her office. It really felt earned, unlike Shin's team who we knew were going to be "awesome" without breaking a sweat as normal.

This show has a lot of subpar execution, but I think most people just don't seem to notice it. Talking about isekai, I'd argue the large scale battles in "Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!" had much better execution. They were really good at building up the tension, setting the atmosphere, making it meaningful, and making me feel something for even the background characters. This show can do it also, but they didn't achieve it with Shin's unit, and nobody really cared about those unremarkable armored troops getting wasted or saved.
Oct 7, 2023 11:26 PM
Dec 2020
Obra maestra. no tengo nada más que decir.
Oct 10, 2023 5:09 PM

Dec 2022
Lena's uncle is more aware than I thought he was of the position the San Magnolia Republic is in.

The "Northern Front" capitulating is inconvenient news. This essentially provides the Legion another staging ground for their attacks.

What happened at the end of the episode? Is Kiri causing remote detonations now?

Shaded Horizon

Nov 20, 2023 7:53 PM

Jul 2016
Never thought spider tank warfare could be this intense. Shin is an absolute beast.

Finally, Lena's back! Wonder how the Republic's citizens are going to react when they find out those unmanned Juggernauts that's been defending them from the start were a bunch of kids all along.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Does anyone else feel like this season was a lot worse than season 1 ( 1 2 )

Cudlyyy - Jul 27, 2023

86 by MeanEYE »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

529 by FredgHar »»
Apr 21, 3:20 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2021

154 by Daegan17 »»
Apr 10, 11:37 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2021

208 by Tyon »»
Mar 5, 9:34 PM

» Season 2

Brittaman12 - Dec 17, 2023

28 by Warchiii »»
Feb 27, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.