Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2021 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wanted Liella! to win the contest. However, they did their best enough. I was impressed by the insert song.
Overall, great show. SING FOR ALL!
Oct 17, 2021 3:32 AM

Apr 2014
The finale episode and my 1111th completed anime.

congratulations on the 52k follower. Christmas online live for the qualification. The stage and the costumes are outstanding. Their final performance, Starlight Prologue, was very awesome, it has got some feeling of Snow halation. I really love the costumes, they are my favorite costumes from Liella for now. It is their best performance ever. 😀😀😀
While the bad point is we haven't seen Sunny Passion's full performance yet. Hope we will see and know more about them in the future
The qualification result is not exceeding my expectation. It was a normal thing for them to fail the first time. It's not the end of the world. There is still a chance next time in the second season. Keep fighting!!!!!

See ya in the second season!!!!!

AkeZZZOct 17, 2021 3:45 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 17, 2021 3:54 AM

Feb 2020
We can be so proud of Liella! They truly did their best. :)

I'm already waiting for the second season! I'm going to miss my sweethearts. <3

This was a great first season. For me, Keke and Kanon are the best girls.

SerafosDec 26, 2023 12:35 PM
Oct 17, 2021 4:40 AM

Jun 2021
I need Season 2 soon please, was obvious that they can't win the contest in the first season hehe

Kanon is my favourite girl in this Love Live <3

This show can be the best LL of the franchise without doubt, hope we will get the Season 2 and Movie soon please!
Oct 17, 2021 4:55 AM
Nov 2020
As far as I can get the raw episode:
>Ren receive a letter to her dad
>The student applicants are increasing so the Yuigaoka is still on operation
>Battle for Tokyo Regionals
>Too many callbacks in the past groups
>Starlight Prologue is very good song
>Liella! came in 2nd place
>Kanon and the girls are frustrated and wanted to win
>Autumn possible in April they are 2nd yr now and possibly the 2nd yr arc of 2nd season?

I can assume that the battle of Regionals is on December and the final clips is on Autumn which in between March or Mid-April so they are 2nd yr now and the possible 2nd seasom is the 2nd yr arc and Keke's story since Yuigaoka's school is not a problem anymore? We have wait in their 1st live announcement

Feels empty right now.
Oct 17, 2021 5:36 AM
Jul 2019
After some of the best episodes LL had (peak in episode 10) this finale just doesn't feel satisfying and anti-climatic. The main reason is they haven't convinced us that Sunny Passion is the better group and that set-up from episode 11 was all for naught. The best thing about this episode for me was Ren getting a letter from her dad, it kinda fixed my issue with her arc.
nevergainOct 17, 2021 6:11 AM
Oct 17, 2021 9:36 AM

Jan 2019
Welp, it is finally over. Sadly, the girls got 2nd place even tho Starlight Prologue was a bop. SunnyPa too OP with their 2-3 seconds of song we keep hearing lol. It seems the whole school being in danger thing is just a bait, tho? They have enough students.

Anyway, Superstar overall was pretty good. Probably even a bit better than previous LL anime entries. I enjoyed it a lot so it's a 10/10 for me.

Hopefully S2 will be soon.
Oct 17, 2021 10:41 AM

Mar 2018
My favorite Love Live season, kinda tied with S2 of the original. The comedy always made me smile or laugh and the characters are all likeable.
Oct 17, 2021 10:47 AM

Oct 2017
Not surprised they didn't make it, it's always like that but still this was a nice finale.

Really good season of another Love Live show, liked it a lot more than expected. For now it's kinda hard to decide who I like more between Sumire and Chi chan so gonna wait till s2 to make sure. Looking forward to s2 which will proly come in 2023 after Nijigasaki s2 next year.
Oct 17, 2021 11:26 AM
Mar 2019
i read in some site thats next season its in april? or i imagine it?
Oct 17, 2021 11:47 AM
Jul 2019
Crowterrror said:

That's for Love Live! Nijigasaki, not Superstar!!

Nijigasaki S1 aired in Fall 2020
Superstar!! S1 in Summer 2021
Nijigasaki S2 will air in Spring 2022

There are 6 months in between these, so we're likely getting Superstar!! S2 in Winter/January 2023
Oct 17, 2021 1:24 PM

Jun 2021
nevergain said:
Crowterrror said:

That's for Love Live! Nijigasaki, not Superstar!!

Nijigasaki S1 aired in Fall 2020
Superstar!! S1 in Summer 2021
Nijigasaki S2 will air in Spring 2022

There are 6 months in between these, so we're likely getting Superstar!! S2 in Winter/January 2023

im crying, need more Kanon in my life
Oct 17, 2021 4:13 PM

Jul 2011
We had the classmates at the end being the traditional backstage staff.

The song was good, but I would say was too soon for a Snow Halation like presentation, even as homage. Would be better for the victory lap that is technically season 2.

I wish I could say that im surprised that Liella lost, but is the formula we know.
I love the Love Live formula like I love my daily tea. Consistent .
Oct 17, 2021 4:26 PM

Aug 2015
Kanon's high notes during the final chorus

eargasm
Oct 17, 2021 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
loved the episode iwhisjaixbsi no more kanon😭 waiting for s2, would like to see more also ill try to watch LL! nijigasaki s1 for so i can watch the s2 in Spring 2022 and already made a review for Love Live! Superstar!!
removed-userOct 18, 2021 8:28 PM
Oct 17, 2021 6:52 PM

Dec 2010
Great ending to season 1 despite the feels ride.

For anyone who needs subs,

https://imgur.com/a/kRUQo7n#Vkd32rI
Oct 17, 2021 7:39 PM

Mar 2018
Bittersweet ending. They performed their hearts out and lost, but now Kanon and the others have the motivation and taste of defeat they need to be the best!

Go Liella!
Oct 17, 2021 11:13 PM

Jan 2014
The series didn't hook me at first, but as it went on, it did warm my heart honestly. My only gripe with the show, is that they used the same common plot point of 'Saving the school/Saving a school issue.' This series would've been fine without it. It's why I adored Nijigasaki, as that didn't have it.

Like I don't wanna make my post a complaint, just I had to eye roll it, and I'm glad that it was played off as if it didn't effect the long term story, but that just really says it all of how unneeded it was. Which is why I say it would've been fine without it. But overall, would love a second a season.
Oct 17, 2021 11:38 PM

Jul 2016
Nice. The school was saved in this installment and though Liella couldn't proceed to the next round, I'm glad Kanon and co. took the defeat as a way to encourage themselves to do even better next time they compete. It seems the studio kinda forgot about the plot-line of Keke returning to China in case they lose tho.

Overall, Superstar ended up being a pretty decent addition to the LL universe. Of course, there were some aspects I didn't really like such as Sumire becoming a School Idol just to become popular and Ren's drama lasting longer than necessary considering her dislike for School Idols ended up being rather dumb but other than that, I had a good time with this show. Visuals were mesmerizing as expected, comedy was always on point and I gotta say Keke is probably one of the most entertaining characters this franchise has offered. Never a dull moment when she was on screen. That's for sure.

6,5/10 -> 7/10 - Now let's look forward to that mandatory second season announcement.
Oct 18, 2021 12:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's just a copy of the 1st season and they replaced the characters but that all, sad that they didn't try anything new or memorable even though it was still very enjoyable especially thanks to the new characters, I'm still looking forward to S2 but Nijigasaki did better with what new it tried compared to this
Oct 18, 2021 1:00 AM

Feb 2019
Words can’t express how happy I am with the finale. It was a wonderful way to cap off my birthday weekend.

Firstly the girls’ performance was phenomenal. Even though they came up short, they’ve all grown so much since we first met them and Kanon’s leadership skills are the best in the entire series imo.

I think the Nijigaku story was slightly better, but I enjoyed this one more if that makes sense. I like the smaller and more intimate group size as well as the chemistry they developed.

Really looking forward to the second season and seeing more of Liella. Love Live’s future is very bright!
Oct 18, 2021 1:30 AM

Jun 2021
Watched the episode again and i'm crying with my Kanon <3

Season 2 will be soon, maybe at the end of 2022

Liella you will be the best Love Live! You have an ability to touch the heart uniquely, specially Kanon-chan! <3

So much love for all, see u in Season 2
Oct 18, 2021 2:04 AM

Jan 2015
So the didn’t win :(

Hopefully season 2 next year. Best installment of LL for sure.
Oct 18, 2021 5:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I honestly thought this is getting 13 episode cause every other LL had 13, while this one only get the freakin 12 episodes. Its not enough, bruh! Its the real taste of frustation, ngl. *pepesadface

Anyway, about this final, yep, the cycle repeated again for even to Liella! But at least its achieved the goal to give a big lesson for the girl, especially Kanon to finally realise the taste of competition; the urge to win, the result feels when losing, the frustation. Competition breeds the excellence? Yeah, ofc it will leading them in to the better, cause it will always be the way to develop their character into more great than this for a better future for sure. Tbh, this is pretty much feeling nostalgic already, especially with all of those snow, and their damn cute outfit. Every year, i get to see Love Live! Since i start my mind to attach into this. The next year possibly Nijigasaki second part will be starting, i hope, and then, who knows if Sunrise shall giving me another surprise announcement related to this LL entry.

That's it all from me, and, moving out....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 18, 2021 6:14 AM

Jul 2014
Well, there's a big subversion of expectations to end this iteration of Love Live on (well, for now anyway): they lost to SunnyPa and are out of Love Live. Of course, this raises the question of just how absurdly good SunnyPa must be when Liella's performances in this cour have been nothing short of fantastic every time. Also, I guess this means the inevitable season 2 will have to start with some drama around Keke, given her promise to go back home if they didn't get results.

Regardless, this has been my favourite iteration of Love Live by far from start to finish, no doubt about it. Trimming the cast down to five girls and giving all of them significant character depth was one of many smart decisions this iteration has made to change the formula for the better, and even the cases where the formula was repeated (i.e. Ren's initial anti-idol stance) it was done much better than ever before. This is also definitely my favourite Love Live cast so far, with Kanon being my favourite character in the entire franchise and all the others being very strong as well.

This was also musically my favourite Love Live so far, with almost every song being excellent and distinct, rather than being the perfectly listenable but generally bland music of either of the previous two main Love Lives (I'm sure I'll get crucified for saying that, but that's just how I feel excluding one or two songs like Believe Again). In the end, I'm really unsure which song is my favourite as they were all so good, both as songs and in terms of the brilliant CG work that hit new heights here: Mirai Yohou Hallelujah was a fantastic way to start, Tiny Stars was a great first proper performance, the song on Passion Island was fun and very different, Wish Song was a lovely emotional piece, Sumire's song a couple episodes ago was fantastic and this finale's song was a nice note to end on too.

8/10. Finally, I have found a Love Live I've truly enjoyed, and it was definitely my AOTS for the summer. Now just to begin waiting for season 2 to arrive, I suppose.
Oct 18, 2021 6:38 AM

Jun 2021
bittersweet ending, sort of understandable in hindsight. At least they're all first years so they can have at least two more chances. It was funny to have Kanon's dad with the rest of family but still having his face cropped in the first moment or making him turn his back in the second one... and also the fake stage presentation by the new three piece of supporting girls that positively reminded of the one from SIP

In short, for now i can't see Liella surpass neither µ's nor Nijigasaki as my favorite LL groups but they're still a very good one.
Oct 18, 2021 8:07 AM

Nov 2017
Even though I wanted the girls to win, I knew deep down it wouldn't have been that easy. Then again, something is needed for a 2nd season to occur.

Overall, this anime is amazing and it's my favourite LL season/series thus far. I look forward to seeing Liella! on stage again!~
Oct 18, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2016
I'm cool with the girls not winning yet. It's still too early. Their passion is still burning, they're still hungry for success and the pay-off next season will be all the greater.

Overall I frigging loved Superstar!!

Awesome performances as always and Keke may arguably be my favorite character out of all Love Live installments I've seen so far. Her screen time was insta joy.

8/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 18, 2021 10:07 AM

Jun 2016
i kinda enjoyed this show!!

Oct 18, 2021 10:47 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, I'm really inspired with that new song they just performed in this episode. They also wore cute winter outfits and it looks pretty and lovely to see. I'm loving them even more!

It is to be expected that they will lose not just because
but also because how Liella in the series are still inexperienced and still needs many things to become a true idol group.

P.S. I need the name of the song, where could I find it I wonder... Edit: It is called "Starlight Prolouge"

Kanon's ending speech of the ending was spectacularly made and I'm looking forward for the 2nd season if it ever comes around. Sup, sup, sup! lol XD
CrazyButNot4UOct 18, 2021 10:59 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 18, 2021 10:47 AM
Sep 2020
I don't know why, I don't know how, but this anime made me cry a lot of times. Liella! is such a nice friend group and their songs are great. Can't wait for the release of all songs to Spotify.
The fact that the first season is over makes me sad, but I'm looking foward for a potential second season.
Oct 18, 2021 11:20 AM

Aug 2018
Great Love Live show honestly, I found it better than the last one we had. And I'm sure it'll receive another season, since all Love Live shows received their sequels, so no worries there.

I found it a bit more emotional this time, with all characters having their past issues that influence their present (unable to be the center/leader, unable to sing in public, etc). More drama for this seaosn, in my opinion, compared to previous shows. Also I enjoyed having only 5 protagonists instead of double that number.

Looking forward to next season !
Oct 18, 2021 2:37 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
This was a great show, really liked almost everything, i know that there will be an s2 just hope that will not take long :D
9/10.
Oct 18, 2021 9:34 PM
Nov 2018
although i enjoyed this episode, i didn't feel the impact compared to prior season 1 endings. overall the story was okay and felt extra bland at time, which i'm conflicted with because everything else from the songs to the casts were incredible. liella as a group is super solid and all of them are enjoyable to watch. at least there were lots of funny and silly moments to make the story more enjoyable. i'm hoping season 2 will alleviate this and further deepen liella's story.
Oct 18, 2021 9:53 PM
Aug 2019
I loved the episode!! The song was beautiful, and I think these were my favorite outfits, they were super cute!!! Honestly it felt a bit rushed towards the end (like, getting motivated again that fast) but there wasn't enough time so i don't mind it lol. Probably my favorite Love Live season in a while, can't wait until the second one! (whenever they announce it)
Oct 19, 2021 1:11 AM

Aug 2018
Overall its really really good ! ! !

Almost good as the 1st love live if not for the story and plot because its somewhat similar to the SIP. The only difference is that its very straightforward and the execution is different.

I cant express how much i enjoyed this anime.
This have a superb character writing, the 5 all have great personalities! Im not surprised this got a higher rating in all love live franchise.

Great performances, animations and 5 members are all have great chemistry to one another. liella's bond is strong as muse bond. Also for me Kanon is the best main/center and singer in Love Live. I think Liella alone as group carry this whole show

The ep 11 was really emotional.
it sucks they didnt win but im pretty sure they can they have potential.

This is an easiest 10/10 for me
nice chisato breakdance btw
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 19, 2021 2:16 AM

Feb 2014
Final performance felt like Snow halation but not that close to that level. I mean Snow Halation by µ's was so legendary, it's hard to top that.

I wanted Liella to win but there's no way they can do that on their first try. They will win... eventually but not now yet.

Sunrise is taking it's sweet time to announce a second season, hey. I want a second season, this one only has 12 episodes compared to all the previous love live! that had 13 episodes per season.
Oct 19, 2021 2:23 AM

Sep 2020
I'm sad that my babies didnt win the competition but I'm happy that it's almost certain that we will be having sexond season. I'm gonna miss them for now.
An emotional series finale for me. Love that help extended by their classmates.
Kanon-chan, my best girl, Keke chan, my energetic girl,
Ren-chan my fluffy girl, Chisato-chan my adorable girl and Sumire-chan my bishy girl, Im gonna miss you all!
Love that finale song.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Oct 19, 2021 3:36 AM

Jan 2019
While this season finale hasn't been anything exceptional (maybe even a little disappointing, as previous episodes may have set the bar too high), I'm seriously considering whether this anime is my favorite in the franchise so far. Fewer girls means more screen time and development for each, so all of Liella's girls can be characters as good as SIP and Sunshine's or even better in just one season, and that was perhaps the critical hit that made Love Live! Superstar!! stand out from its two predecessors. This anime doesn't allow itself to be "silly" like the others and is less concerned with making comedy, which can be a downside, but on the other hand, the fact that the characters are more human makes a big difference in how much I care with their story. Also, for the first time watching an anime from the franchise, I felt the impact of the songs. When watching SIP and Sunshine, I never cared about the songs. They were there, they were good, and that was it. This time, this anime managed to make me listen to some of them on loop after the episodes. I think one thing leads to another: if I care more about the characters and their dilemmas, I'm more invested in the story and consequently the songs, which relate to these issues, matter more. What a wonderful anime. I want the second season!
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 19, 2021 7:39 AM

May 2021
This is one of the most packed episode. Liella perform for Love Live final, angry Kanon, also we can see her father body (without his face of course), beautiful insert song, beautiful stage. I can't list all of them. One thing for sure is this the perfect episode to end season 1. I really hope they make season 2 soon, i know it will happen but don't know when.
Hello everyone, i like Slice of Life and CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Thing) anime.
I'm also like to make a lot of friends online, so feel free to add me as a friend or invite me to a club :)

Oct 19, 2021 9:05 AM
May 2011
Favorite episode of the season. Everything between the gymnasium scene to the results was beautiful. I was really hoping Liella would win, but alas. There were some moments in this I really enjoyed, like the thumb wrestling scene, the girls rapping, Chisato and Kanon together during the dance competition and the performance at their elementary school. For the most part, though, I was pretty lukewarm on this. 6/10 bumped up to a 7/10 for this finale
Oct 19, 2021 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
Ah man, they lost. I'm not surprised just sad. :(

Overall, great Love Live entry, I enjoyed Superstar way more than Nijigasaki but not as much as Sunshine and OG, I guess I just have a more intimate connection with those two since I watched them just as I got into the Love Live franchise. Everyone in Liella was very likable, hard to choose best girl since they are all great and the character chemistry was really good. I appreciate the change to a smaller group as it brings the characters out more and unironically lets them shine more. Ton of fun moments, the songs and performance were great too.

9/10, there better be a S2, would be a shame to just let it end like this.
Oct 19, 2021 3:27 PM

Jun 2021
OK episode.

It was a pretty straight forward final episode. I thought maybe they were going to throw some drama in the end (like Keke going back home) to segue into the next season, but I guess they wanted to keep it fairly simple.

I guess I'll see you guys in sometime in 2022.
Oct 19, 2021 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
Last episode of this anime about idol is really all this monster the day of the idol is with rehearsals.
Oct 19, 2021 4:56 PM

Feb 2017
gonna miss hearing this banger of an opening every tuesday

dang tho u kinda knew they werent gonna win the first time around but that still hurt

kinda feeling robbed bc they didnt show the girls all wearing the music course uniforms

wondering what's gonna happen first - superstar s2 or new love live spinoff

placeholder text
Oct 19, 2021 10:12 PM

Nov 2020
After loving Nijigasaki so much I was seriously looking forward to this and I gotta say... Superstar totally lived up to my expectations! It's easily just as good as Niji and both have really cemented Love Live as one of my favorite anime series in general, and definitely up there with my fav Slice of Life titles.

Honestly Superstar to me feels like an even better version of Sunshine, with its style of comedy and drama, but instead of focusing too much on melodrama, there's a lot more care put into the characters and the chemistry between them without worrying too much about the overarching story (which I was worried it was gonna pull the "Save the school!" plotline again for the 3rd time but fortunately that wasn't an issue). In fact the characters are where this really shines, I absolutely love all 5 of them and the limited cast seriously helps it feel more personal. Also, Nonfiction has to be one of my favorite songs from the franchise.

Easily 9/10! Keke and Kanon are now some of my favorite girls from LL. Also I don't usually ship characters but... Keke and Sumire were super cute together.
Oct 20, 2021 5:16 AM

May 2018
That was a great final episode! I really like how everyone has grown from the start. The melody has gotten more ambitious as well with more high notes. The dance choreography was also good and the winter outfits were very kawaii.

6/10 better than OG Love Live so far.
Oct 21, 2021 5:45 AM

Oct 2007
they lost, but have can just try again because they're still first years. Kanon is inspired to become better because of losing. Funny when Kanon thought the other students pulled a prank on her, because the gymnasium was not decorated. lol

nice way to end the season and hoping for season 2. Love Live franchise is still the best idol anime for me... it's mostly just focused on the cute idols, the drama is mild, no male self insert character, no panda with annoying voice like in Selection Project.

might buy if a good Sumire figure is released by Goodsmile Company. Preferably wearing her costume in the OP. :)

solid 8/10 will watch if there would be a season 2.

Oct 21, 2021 6:44 AM
Aug 2019
This last episode has the similar vibe as SIP in snow halation episode and Sunshine when they failed in S1. It's so similar that I lost attention to the show but being nostalgic with muse and starting comparing with this one.

So it's not an impressive episode.
Oct 21, 2021 9:02 AM
Jul 2014

Is this a motherf***ing Strawberry Panic Reference?

Weeaboo_DesuOct 21, 2021 9:06 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

114 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 10, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 29, 2023 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.