Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 11, 2021 5:38 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Let's be a school idol. Great starts for the Superstar!!
The student council president is harsh and always rejecting everything related to school idols. However, we all know that she will join the group in the end, btw.

Let's see how Keke and Kanon will form their idol group. I'm really looking forward to the next episodes.
AkeZZZJul 11, 2021 5:52 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 11, 2021 6:02 AM
Jun 2021
It was soooo good. I love that it’s being fast paced because I would rather see them as a group more than having a whole season of them convincing a member to join. hopefully the whole “no school idols” is done with in episode 2. all the songs were amazing!
Jul 11, 2021 6:46 AM

Jan 2019
great start! with just this one episode, ive got to really like kanon. Being cute ofc but also quite relatable in terms of personality and her backstory. the visuals pop and look really nice, and the animation is quite good as well.

cant wait to see more!
Jul 11, 2021 7:15 AM

Feb 2019
Ahhh! Keke is so cute hahaha. Definitely looking forward for more episodes of this.
Jul 11, 2021 7:44 AM

Nov 2008
Keke is one presistant girl, she's chasing Kanon for miles over a dance just recruit her as a school idol. Now Kanon herself needs an extra confidence boost because while she has the talent to be an idol already, she has a long history of stage fright to the point of fainting on stage. Also both the song at the very end and the performance were excellent, this might actually turn out great afterall.

Jul 11, 2021 7:51 AM

Aug 2011
Great visual and animation. Kanon solo song so good. Still waiting subs from Funi.
Jul 11, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2013
all i can say is that this is not quite my tempo, let the musical chairs fly!
Jul 11, 2021 8:05 AM
Feb 2021
great start to the series , i really like kanon’s voice. also the feather symbolism is back huh?? lmao. i am really looking forward to how this plays out :,)
Jul 11, 2021 8:39 AM

Feb 2020
They are finally here!

Such a nice start. The interactions between Keke and Kanon were funny. Keke is so hilarious. She's already my favorite girl. <3

All the songs were amazing! I also liked the animation a lot.

Kanon's pet owl, Manmaru, is adorable. :3

SerafosDec 25, 2023 11:10 PM
Jul 11, 2021 8:53 AM
Dec 2020
Where have you seen the first episode?
Jul 11, 2021 9:21 AM

Apr 2019
muhit0000 said:
Where have you seen the first episode?
subs aren't out yet. everyone here probably watched it raw by torrent/livestream/on tv

Jul 11, 2021 9:35 AM

Oct 2017
Another classic love live premise. The girls are cute as usual, I wonder who I'll like the most. I'm already liking Kanon and Keke. The interactions between them were amusing af and for some reason Kanon fainting infront of a crowd was hilarious. Chisato looks like Yuna and she's adorable too and the prez comes off as a idol hater at the begining but we all know she'll join em soon enough. As for Sumire, idk what to think of her for now but I'll know in a few episodes. Also the song at the end was quite beautiful.

Liked the premise, looking forward to more.
MegamiRemJul 15, 2021 7:34 AM
Jul 11, 2021 12:32 PM

Apr 2019
was wondering why i couldn't understand kuku but then realized she was speaking chinese lmao. her seiyuu's japanese is really good though, wonder if the reason kuku came to japan is the same reason she did?

i really like how there are only 5 characters this time, now they can have more screen time individually and i will actually be able to remember their names. might be my favourite character design in a love live so far, cgi also improved and damn! that ed was fire!

Jul 11, 2021 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
japanese people be like oh my god chinese people are scary.
Jul 11, 2021 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
Really thought this was finally gonna be the anime that I'd actually get to watch at a decent time in the Aussie time zone. Maybe Sato was right about the NHK. Pretty impressed with my Japanese though! I think I basically understood 90%. The struggle was more self translating while also trying to understand the themes.

I loved it! I loved the Niji premiere too but the muted drama and the more episodic format was less appealing than what I usually get from a Love Live series. But *this* is more like it. Chaotic melodrama is where Love Live feels most at home and Superstar does it so well. This all feels like a very natural evolution of Sunshine.

Kanon is an awesome protag! The guitar and the headphones endeared me to her but I also love that stubborn attitude that the PVs don't show. When you think of an anime character whose biggest flaw is social anxiety the image that pops into your head is all shy and uwu. But Kanon is actually very strong and opinionated! She makes mistakes, but ultimately wants to do the right thing for herself and others. It's relatable in a way unlike the protags before her. I love her already!

Keke was great too but I feel this episode was more about Kanon. It's gonna be interesting to see where it all goes! With 4 less girls they really have no choice but to take a different approach to storytelling. Very impressed with this start though, they're rising to the challenge incredibly well.
Jul 11, 2021 1:46 PM
Jul 2017
SeibaaHomu said:
I think I basically understood 90%.

Good stuff mate! Keep up the grind!
Jul 11, 2021 2:52 PM

Dec 2018
Still no subs out. But I watched it anyway =P

Yuri is a universal language that I do understand. And it was love at first sight! Cute girl chasing another girl around and wanted her to join her club? I didn't understand what club it was, So I just have to assume its a lesbian kissing club,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

It was cute and gay just how I like it

Awwwwwwww my little lesbian angel Kuku is in love,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Jul 11, 2021 3:18 PM

Mar 2008
I need subs within an hour or I jump.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Jul 11, 2021 3:54 PM

Aug 2011
Old_Ironhead said:
I need subs within an hour or I jump.

Subs out by Onibe team.
Jul 11, 2021 5:15 PM

Sep 2015
Visually beautiful! and a great first episode overall. Looking forward to seeing Kanon grow throughout the show especially. Was glad to see each of the girls at some point in the first ep too.
Jul 11, 2021 5:26 PM

Apr 2016
i'm so excited!!! the animation and art style is rlly rlly good so far and the first song was a banger, can't wait for the next ep bc i see there's more chisato in there

On this starry night, as we laugh together
I decided that I'd never let go of your hand.

ratboizs.carrd.co
Jul 11, 2021 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
Fantastic. Straight up fantastic.

Nothing like NijiGaku, This is THE shit.

Ahhhhhhhh I'm so happy
Jul 11, 2021 6:51 PM

Jul 2017
Damn, this instalment is a really different vibe. A nice, refreshing start. I'm excited to see what Superstar means for the franchise going forward besides even more money.

Jul 11, 2021 7:08 PM
Mar 2018
Great start to the series! And I'm so happy that the school isn't closing ;)
I wasn't happy with the plot from sunshine and the Love Live competition was missing from last series so I'm hoping Superstar can be as great as School Idol Project.
Jul 11, 2021 7:12 PM

Jul 2019
wow. I think Kanon might be my favourite of the orange hair main girls of the bunch.
Jul 11, 2021 7:28 PM
Apr 2020
The NEW SEIYUU SANs(voice actor) for LOVE LIVE SUPERSTARS, have so much beautiful voice...

The new song and that song last song LIELLA NO UTA is so beautiful..

<b>animation,lights, design, starting story,VOICE, music, detailing, everything...

LOVE LOVE is REALLY best
Jul 11, 2021 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
love this been back on with LL with sunshine and this instantly was more interesting because there isn't like dozen members sunshine while good suffered in it's first season by not having enough time for all of the girls.

enjoy that our orange main lead isn't a genki type for once also her va is great for a newbie zoomer shes sounds close to Takahashi Rie

like the new art style again anything that doesn't ties it's self to the older LL is a plus in my books though the plot feels like the back to basics premise they've used over and over but hopefully it isn't the case
Jul 11, 2021 8:41 PM
Jan 2021
There are many striking positive changes to the animation, design, and graphics. Arigatou, Sunrise.

However, in terms of the story, I highlight a lot of things that appear in Love Live Superstar, like "the new components of a new character profile, which has never existed before in Love Live but it's actually other multimedia project's concepts," for example. However, the thing from that circumstance which I really like much is production committee & NHK's move to add additional content after the anime's broadcast on television.
Jul 11, 2021 8:43 PM

Mar 2018
Love Live is back with a new cast!! I'm loving Keke and Kanon so far more than aqours. The artstyle is glorious as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2021 8:55 PM

Sep 2020
New season - New hope, let's go
_Doraemon_Jul 13, 2021 10:36 AM
Jul 11, 2021 9:13 PM

Apr 2020
The warmer colour palette is really pretty. I think this installment will be a bit more mature compared to its predecessors, so I hope it doesn't trudge the realm of frustrating melodrama and stick with its strengths. If it succeeds to do drama right, this might become my favorite Love Live anime.

I also like that there's a smaller cast this time around, too. Music good. Visuals good. Overall a fantastic first episode. Can't wait for more!
Jul 11, 2021 9:46 PM
Nov 2020
What was the title of the song sung at the end of their episode? I'm not talking about our NHK special song
Jul 11, 2021 9:47 PM

Aug 2018
Love Live Superstar.
New Love Live series, very good the first episode. And the final song(the thing is if it is the opening) very good and the ending was nice.
Jul 11, 2021 11:45 PM
Aug 2018
keke is so awesome also chisato funny funny takoyaki time epic based !!!!!!! :DDDD
Jul 11, 2021 11:49 PM
Oct 2020
sumire heanna my beloved
Jul 11, 2021 11:54 PM

Jul 2016
Melodrama; slight yuri undertones; typical "anti-Idols" as well as "Idols enthusiast" characters... pretty standard LL start overall.
Kanon seems to be a pretty decent MC and I think the "stage fright" handicap she has was a nice addition as well. Keke's character is a bit too pushy for my taste tho.

Anyways, hoping this new LL installment can be as good as Niji was. Will miss not having a gyaru Idol to simp for tho.
Jul 12, 2021 12:42 AM
Mar 2021
It starts out fine by quickly introducing Kanon and her stage fright which makes her character quite interesting than the others.
We've also got this bubbly half chinese character, Keke, who is super persistent on convincing mc to be a school idol.
Then there's Ren with being the usual student council president who forbids school idols. Hopefully her character will be more than a mere archetype.
Not much to say about the other two in this episode.

Animation is good though there are parts of the episode in which the character movement is awkward. The background visuals are gorgeous and has vibrant colors. Overall it's an ok Love Live episode and I'm looking forward on how they'll handle the story with the 5 girls.
Jul 12, 2021 1:08 AM
Dec 2020
Kanon: My dream is raising a cat.

Now she got a grey kitty.
Jul 12, 2021 1:16 AM

Aug 2019
I’m starting to realize after watching every LL anime until this point that they all follow the same formula, which I guess is granted considering there’s not much else to school idols
Jul 12, 2021 2:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great start, the plot is of course very basic with the girls attempting a new school and wanting to be school idols + the student council being against it, but that's love life and it's fine xD so far it has some really beautiful backgrounds, the main girl Kanon is also interesting in how she couldn't sing before in front of people but managed to do it at the end with that hallelujah song, that was impressive, I also like the girl from Shanghai, it's great when she speaks chinese xD well now next they'll probably introduce more members, they'll also have to convince the student council, otherwise it will be hard for them.
Jul 12, 2021 2:30 AM
Apr 2016
yvsei said:
was wondering why i couldn't understand kuku but then realized she was speaking chinese lmao. her seiyuu's japanese is really good though, wonder if the reason kuku came to japan is the same reason she did?

i really like how there are only 5 characters this time, now they can have more screen time individually and i will actually be able to remember their names. might be my favourite character design in a love live so far, cgi also improved and damn! that ed was fire!

Keke's seiyuu is also chinese
Jul 12, 2021 2:59 AM
Jul 2019
snowykevin said:
I’m starting to realize after watching every LL anime until this point that they all follow the same formula, which I guess is granted considering there’s not much else to school idols

Nijigasaki (the 3rd anime series which is getting a 2nd season next year) is already doing things completely different and expanding it beyond the Love Live! competition and having a non-idol MC. So not sure if you've watched it as it's far from the usual formula.
nevergainJul 12, 2021 3:04 AM
Jul 12, 2021 4:07 AM

Jan 2014
I HAD NO DOUBTS THIS WAS GONNA BE GOOD.

BUT HOLY SHIT, THAT BLEW ME AWAY.

TAKAHIKO KYOUGOKU, YOSHIAKI FUJISAWA, JUKKI HANADA...

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU BOYS ON. THIS IS SET TO BE THE BEST LOVE LIVE EVER.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2021 4:12 AM

Jul 2010
I just finished the first episode of Superstar today and...I liked it! It turned out a lot better than I expected. I was sure Kanon was going to be another Honoka or Chika, but I'm surprised they took her personality in the direction that they did. I am curious to learn more about Sumire and Ren, and what the latter has against school idols. If there's one thing I DON'T like about this, it's one thing: Keke's voice is ANNOYING AS HELL!!! Dear God, who thought it a good idea to make her sound like a broken squeak toy that inhaled too much helium?! Her voice is so ear-splittingly chirpy that it makes my ears bleed! Of course, it's not going to stop me from watching this, but Keke really needs to dial her voice back A LOT.
Jul 12, 2021 5:47 AM
Jan 2017
Matsu_Senpai said:
Great start to the series! And I'm so happy that the school isn't closing ;)
I wasn't happy with the plot from sunshine and the Love Live competition was missing from last series so I'm hoping Superstar can be as great as School Idol Project.

Love Live competition was missing from previous season, because Nijisaki was set little before the first Love Live show from the first season.
Jul 12, 2021 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
Besides the obligatory "no school idols" character who everyone knows will eventually do a complete 180 and join the group anyway (does Love Live always have to go back to that well? aren't there other character baselines they could use?), this was a decent start to this latest iteration of the Love Live franchise.

Kanon is a refreshing change for a Love Live protagonist, not being aggressively pushy and having some actual talent to work with rather than the mere desire to work hard; the "stage fright" subplot also gives her some depth right out the gate and an obstacle to overcome. I'm not so sure about Keke yet: she's taken the protagonist's role of being aggressively pushy in trying to put the group together and that does make her come across kind of annoying, and her jumping to speaking Chinese when she gets excited is such an obvious meme gimmick for her (hopefully, unlike Sunshine, this iteration remembers to develop its characters rather than just turning them into memes). Haven't seen enough of the other three yet to judge, but Chisato's character design really reminds me of Yuna from SAO Ordinal Scale.

Musically, this is already shaping up to be my favourite iteration of Love Live so far: Kanon has by far the best voice of the centre characters in the franchise (way better than both Chika and Honk), and that song in the second half (what is it called?) was excellent both musically and visually (it was kind of weird to see the other three in the "music video" though when they haven't joined yet). Having the translated lyrics on screen also helps big time, and hopefully that remains the case throughout the show.

Honestly, that was probably my favourite opening episode to a Love Live series. Hopefully that's a good sign going forwards.
Jul 12, 2021 6:38 AM

Jun 2016
that ending song is really good, but why there is a word / caption a god of christian !!
ruined wtf
Jul 12, 2021 6:59 AM

Sep 2019
Wow this season looks soooooo good!!! I absolutely loved the first episode. Animation, art style, music... everything was great! The girls are very cute. I liked their introductions. Their voices were good as well.

Chisato is the best girl.
Jul 12, 2021 9:24 AM

Jan 2014
Was it just me. Or was the art a little off? Or the way the animation moved sometimes. It's still good, just felt off at parts lol. As for the episode, loved it. Even if it's usual cookie cutter stuff in terms of characters. But still enjoyable.
Jul 12, 2021 10:36 AM

Jul 2011
After this episode getting me this excited, I swear, if they pulled a shit like Nijigasaki I will get so pissed.

And wouldn't be a Love Live first episode if they didn't dance in the middle of the street.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

72 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 10, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 29, 2023 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.