Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
12 eps. total ? (2 BDs and each containing 6 eps. / 4 DVDs and each containing 3 eps. https://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/wt/bluray_dvd/)
tsubasaloverDec 23, 2021 3:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 9, 2021 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
Glad to see this anime back and the familiar cast again.

However, this episode is somewhat slow paced and also had some short narrative recapping. I think they're setting up for the season, at least by reuniting the most relevant characters for the show. Season's pacing should be pick up more again soon. Oh and Kirie is so fun to see lol
Oct 9, 2021 12:32 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, Reiji has a crush, on an onee-san at that. Even becoming jealous of Yotaro. I like these amusing out of character moments in shounen.

Slower, but enjoyable episode to start this season off. Was nice to learn about the origin of Border and to see that old picture. The opening is cool, gives me old school vibes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2021 12:35 PM
Oct 2015
Nice and slow opener, introduces Yuri and Cronin quite nicely and sets up for what's to come.
So happy the anime is back.

KAMISAI came through with an awesome opening, with visuals recaping happenings from the first season, with a nice sequence that also shows all the b-rank battles they had.
FY's ending song is also quite nice.
Oct 9, 2021 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
It's good to see the familiar cast back for yet another season, along with the introduction of a couple new characters. I enjoyed the little Border backstory we got as well. Overall looking forward to seeing how this season plays out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 9, 2021 1:06 PM
Mar 2018
Felt waaay longer than 6 months since the last episode of season 2.

Very nice way to start off season 3. Some Tamakoma branch backstory and Hyuse developing his trigger. Super hyped to see Hyuse in battle.

OP and ED was good, but I'm biased for TXT (last season OP), still a non-skip for me though.

Oct 9, 2021 1:13 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great it's back! (even though the wait wasn't that long) kinda feels like an episode to establish what will happen later, it's already interesting! :)
Oct 9, 2021 1:30 PM

Jul 2015
Eyyy! I binged this show from scratch back in April in like a week and already suffered from withdrawal.
It's amazing. I want more.

Oct 9, 2021 1:46 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
A very relaxed first episode to start off the season. The OP continues the tradition of recapping prior seasons, which honestly is quite unique and pretty cool. It was more useful in the last season considering the wait between seasons, but it's still effective here. Plus, it helps to prevent spoilers moving forward. The animation was also very polished, which is a relief. While the song isn't my favorite of the openings, the animation itself might very well be the smoothest. There were some beautiful shots. The ED was nice as well, but not as much of a standout.

This is all pretty much setting up the main attraction of the season, which will be the team Mikumo fighting in the rank wars with their new teammate, Hyuse. I expected the episode to end at the very start of a battle, but at least this way, we might get to actually start the battle next episode without having a cliffhanger and having to wait a week for the battle to really start. Then again, that might still end up happening. I guess we will see.

The info about the past members of Tamakoma branch was pretty interesting. I wonder if they will delve into it some more. It would be pretty interesting if it does. I would love to see a flashback arc around those characters and the history of the organization.

All in all, a pretty good start to the season.
Oct 9, 2021 1:55 PM

Apr 2014
Oh man. What a long time is was. I can't wait to see more. Yuri and Kronin make an appearance. Hyuse getting new triggers in his arsenal or weaponry. Osamu would later be move into a room of Tamaoka's branch. We get to know that Kido use to be part of the Tamaoka branch. However, the war 5 years ago really changed the guy greatly. It costed them 10 of the original 19 members. Some of them became black triggers. That is why Kido became what he is. Maybe not to repeat the same tragedy that happened 5 years ago. But because of Kido's efforts of doing thigns his way they gotten the members to fend off the last invasion. Originally the Border's original goal back then was being friendly to neighbors. So Tamaoka is continuing that old tradition. Yuma and Chika go off to train their abilities. The opening is emotional. It is like a goodbye for a while because the next season may not come for a long time. Anyways a good episode. Toei is doing a good job so far. Glad to see this back. Going to enjoy it for a while.
Oct 9, 2021 2:46 PM

Oct 2014
Some cool reveals in this episode, I love how the Tamakoma emblem now has an explanation for it after such a long time, and how it ties nicely into the worldbuilding.

The info about Kido, allied neighbors, and old Border were interesting. That battle which got 10 of the original members killed and presumably gave Kido that scar is still shrouded in mystery.

Finally a seasonal anime that I can look forward to every week is here again, an extremely rare occurrence.
Oct 9, 2021 3:32 PM

Jun 2019
Dope to get more World Trigger. The art is still underwhelming, but I guess that’s just how the series is at this point. I liked getting more background of how Border used to be and how Tamokama used to be HQ. The real treat comes when the battles start.
Oct 9, 2021 4:05 PM

Jul 2020
Great start to the new season, I can't wait to get back to the battles!

I liked both the OP and ED, though so far I think I actually like the ED better. That might change though.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Oct 9, 2021 6:06 PM
Apr 2021
It's been a month or two since the last season, and I think I've only just realised now that new world trigger still has the below average Toei pacing. A lot of the reveals in this episode and the dialogue scenes were held for unnecessarily long periods of time.

I also forgot how lame the character narrations were. It's always a shame to see animation studios spelling out obvious things that could be communicated with better art direction. Although tbf none of the characters in World Trigger are very expressive. It's a very emotionally withdrawn show and I would say that that is its biggest weakness.

Still very hype for some more fights. If there's one thing Toei is good at it's hype
Oct 10, 2021 12:01 AM
Mar 2021
I love the opening even if it's just a recapped of Season 1 events! For some unknown reason the Mikumo Unit running forward makes me really happy and proud and I don't know why.

Finally revealing Yuri and Cronin along with Border's history is great! I wonder if some people noticed Kazama's brother besides Rindo and Konami! Lol~

Knowing that this was supposed to be the last episode of Season 2, it was a nice happy ending. Yuma going to play rank wars with Kage and Koh, Chika going to her sniper training and seeing her sniper friends along with her is really nice.

Now, I' really excited to watch ep 2! The original 1st episode of Season 3! XD
Oct 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Nov 2012
Happy it's. Reiji was so cute. Nice bit of info they gave us.
Oct 10, 2021 2:19 AM

Oct 2017
Good to finally see the two senior members of Tamakoma and more backstory about border. It was quite depressing to know so many people died and why Kido is the way he is now. Thou Konami's reaction was hilarious, my girl got her past exposed. Also Reiji has a crush on Yuri, man of culture I see.

Good start for this season, excited to see Tamakoma 2 finally fight with all four members. OP/ED were both fine. Hopefully this'll be another good season.
Oct 10, 2021 2:24 AM

Apr 2014
its finally here !

i have been looking forward to the start of the new season

am looking forward to whats to come
"one step at a time"
Oct 10, 2021 6:02 AM
Jun 2021
I love this!!!! Worth for wait!!!! This is a good open episode of this season. I just wanted longer than 12 eps. But watching Huse with his new outfit is wholesome♥️♥️♥️
Oct 10, 2021 8:16 AM
Jan 2018
It feels so great to be watching the anime again. The manga is 10/10, but animation is the only way to see the fights realized to their full potential. And if they animate the fights as well as last season, we have a lot of eye candy to look forward to. The way rank wars ends has to be seen to be believed.

As long as the mangaka stays somewhat healthy, I'm fine with monthly manga and periodic breaks. Unlike Togashi, I can actually hope for this story to get an actual conclusion. Plus, its amazing that this anime is being so well done after the way the first season was done for the most part. It gives me hope for when Black Clover's anime finally resumes.
Oct 10, 2021 10:37 AM

Oct 2017
I’m so glad world trigger is back! I’ve been looking forward to this season!
Oct 10, 2021 11:52 AM

Dec 2019
All I can say is Homu homu homu ~ ~ ~ ( =3= )
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..

Oct 10, 2021 12:39 PM

Oct 2016
I started watching this for my MAL challenge and I genuinely liked it to the point of getting hooked
Feel nice to see World Trig. pick up again
Slow start, but can't wait for future episodes to come
I like the op but force still tops this personally lol

Mako | She/Her | Pst

A shounen fan who loves comedy

Oct 10, 2021 7:48 PM
Feb 2021
This episode was slowly paced, but it was a good thing. It gave you time to reconnect with the characters and get tonknow Hyuse more which is a plus. Can't wait for this season to get started, and to see some familiar faces!
Oct 10, 2021 9:46 PM

Feb 2014
Gotta admit this series has one of the best OP sequence animations. And the songs just season it well.

Glad that it is back. Can't wait for the new Tamakoma-2 with Hyuse to stir the waters.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 11, 2021 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
Vietnam flashbacks...

8mannOct 11, 2021 11:18 AM
Oct 12, 2021 11:32 PM
Jul 2021
learned the back story of border...ok...i guess not a bad start..its nice to watch the cast again...i hope it goes well..
Oct 13, 2021 2:56 AM

Jul 2016
Piromysl said:
Eyyy! I binged this show from scratch back in April in like a week and already suffered from withdrawal.
It's amazing. I want more.

It is underrated.

The battles are so cool.
Oct 13, 2021 5:45 PM
Jan 2018
This episode was suposed to come at the end of last season, but the earthquake messed it up. this was pretty good though
Oct 14, 2021 5:38 AM
Apr 2021
I wanna see chikaboom
Oct 15, 2021 5:05 AM
Mar 2021
Stark700 said:
Glad to see this anime back and the familiar cast again.

However, this episode is somewhat slow paced and also had some short narrative recapping. I think they're setting up for the season, at least by reuniting the most relevant characters for the show. Season's pacing should be pick up more again soon. Oh and Kirie is so fun to see lol

Well to be fair, this should've been the final episode of Season 2 which is the episode 13. So if you think about it like that instead then I think this was a nice way of ending Season 2.
Oct 15, 2021 6:35 PM
Sep 2021
Yuma and Kage are besties now i called this in season 1!
Oct 16, 2021 12:48 AM
Apr 2018
06:40 "Aha, I see..." Looks like YUUMA noticed it first!

08:00 "You shouldn't be greedy, YOTARO."

19:41 YUMMA as adorable as always, & he teased HYUSE during the test.

--------------------

It's always so fun with a show having so many characters. No one wants to be alone! (Isolated? yes. -- Alone? no.)
Oct 17, 2021 8:38 AM

Mar 2016
First episode watch near the ending... Wait what?! Is there a wrong VA or something on Kageura?

His line depicted him to be harsh to Yuma, but his voice tone is just plain flat?
Oct 23, 2021 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
I have always loved how the reveal of the majority of original border staff dying, the series is so laid back and pretty much completely disconnected from the possibility of character death at least in the current situation, so this moment does end up feeling alot heavier even though its over a bunch of characters we have never met. I'm glad they handled it really well in the anime by not overplaying the drama of it cause its the soft melancholy of it that works.

Also love that op, just makes you feel so nostalgic for al the stuff the series has gone through, though it also has the bittersweet feeling knowing this might be the last anime season for the series for a very long time given the pace of the manga releases and just the general question of if they will even do an anime if they do get the amount of source material they need in a few years

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 24, 2021 12:13 AM
Aug 2021
wow 3rd season? looks like World Trigger has found a true World Trigger. Unfortunately I'm not very comfortable with storyboards.
Oct 26, 2021 12:36 AM
Aug 2015
We got another "spoiler free" OP song like in the last season. It's so rare to find anime that doing this, especially in Shounen category. They usually put the future fight scenes in the OP.
So Kido used to lived in Tamakoma-2 building. He surely looked like a different person in the photo.
RIP to the other people in the photo.
Jul 15, 2022 12:36 PM

Mar 2019
A slow start unlike last season, but I'm happy we got to see Border's past. I wonder which one is Mogami and if Yugo is there. Reiji looks so weird when he actually has emotions.
And the opening, always loved it the most so Im glad to finally see it in an actual episode.
Viper for Hyuse, can't wait to see!!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 15, 2022 1:13 PM
Mar 2022
Nice start to the third season, 2 new characters were introduced and now that Hyuse is B rank he can join tamakoma-2 and fight in the next round of the rank wars. Love how obvious Reiji has a crush on his senpai, even becoming jealous of Yotaro. Also it was nice to learn about the origin of Border and to see that old picture...
Feb 12, 2023 3:27 PM
Oct 2019
kind of weird that he "moved into" a room when in season 1 they were already each given a room...

also, the backstory of border was odd. they teamed up with a neighbor planet 5 years ago (the initial major invasion in the past, before the season 1 took place?) to attack some other neighbor invader? call me crazy, but that kind of sounds retconned.

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2021

38 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 28, 3:32 AM

» New season wen??

jozel96 - Jun 29, 2023

8 by MasahiroKun »»
Mar 17, 9:36 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2022

104 by ArcCryptid »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

30 by TheBHSP »»
Sep 26, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2022

54 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.