Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 16, 2022 4:33 PM

Aug 2020
Just wanted to point out the awesome crossovers in this movie like the monster/villain in Jujutsu Kaisen and Deku used Goma Goma no Gatling. That's so cool. 5/10, mid-movie.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 16, 2022 7:43 PM

Jan 2009
xseandee said:
subs isnt out yet? :(

english subs is out for 12+ hours now
Feb 16, 2022 8:31 PM
Aug 2020
I enjoyed the movie and especially the animation, but the villains just left me conflicted and confused. They say that they don't like quirks and will kill everyone with quirks, yet they themselves have quirks. I understand the gist of the main villain's motive, albeit it wasn't that great, they didn't really touch that subject with the other villains. They just say that they will rid the world with people with quirks and that they might survive as the only people with them. They weren't really clear with that and just left me confused. So they'll make the world so that there will be no one with quirks except for them. I feel that they should have been more clear and touched this subject more instead of just "kill everyone with quirks cuz they bad."
Feb 17, 2022 1:26 AM

Apr 2020
All right movie with really nice animation.
7/10. Movie 2 is still my favorite.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Feb 18, 2022 12:35 AM

Feb 2021
Heroes Rising was fine, 2 heroes was just bad (except the outstanding animation), this movie was pretty good actually. The plot was actually more believable. But obviously, some of it was cliche like the overpowered villain with a trash ideology, stopping the timer at the last moment, plot holes like them speaking Japanese in other countries, Deku smashing his arms again even though he was told in S3 that his arms would be beyond repair if broken again, villains using qurk enhancers out of nowhere, Pino disappearing but then reappearing again, the concept of Trigger bombs itself (how can just destroy individual quirks?) etc.

But overall it was a pretty decent movie. Deku maneuvering with his blackwhip like Spiderman was pretty sick.

Feb 18, 2022 5:16 AM

Mar 2020
One of the best anime movie of Boku no Hero Academia!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 18, 2022 6:02 AM

Jan 2019
OMG that was so good! The good guys beat the bad guys for 1834rd time! Unbelievable. Decent action movie, and yeah thats it.
Feb 18, 2022 12:07 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Watched it last night. Let's get the obvious out of the way first: animation is rather insane. It's just as amazing as the first two movies, maybe even perhaps arguably more so. There's a significant amount of the use of the 3d camera, used commonly in AOT and ufotable's works utilizing a 3d background to simulate fast, flowing, and even aggressive camera movements. Like Deku at this point has apparently mastered the black whip quirk and is swinging around like spider man- or like as if he had the 3d maneuver gear from AOT. It's pretty awesome especially when he was swinging around the golden-gate-like bridge.

Bakugo's fight vs those blade twins was freaking EXPLOSIVE, and Todoroki using his own version of his dad's flashfire fist got my fanboy tears going. And with Deku's final fight... man they really power up the little dude for these movies. Yes it's not really canon, but if it were, dude's power levels would be through the roof. He just 1v1'ed a guy who's quirk was REFLECTION, being able to counter every attack- and Deku beat him. Dang

Not going to ramble on this time with all the obvious though. In fact, there isn't much for me to ramble on about. It's more My Hero with some rather ground-breaking animation. I will say, however, that despite taking place on a global scale, this movie did not feel as impactful as Two Heroes, or Heroes Rising, the previous two movies. Maybe it's because everyone was split up doing there own thing, idk really. But I just remember being moved more by the finale's of the other 2 movies.

They really just injected some Mission Impossible into this. Deku gets basically disavowed for a bit and has to go on the run for awhile. Which, I'd totally watch a movie just based on that, him and a friend just basically going on a road trip together. And there also is some world-ending device with a ticking time bomb that has to be stopped with a key. Mission Impossible: The Anime.

Anyway, overall I have no real complaints, just the little nitpick that I feel it didn't hit as hard as the other 2 movies. So instead of an 8/10, I'm giving it a 7/10. Still good, and needless to say again, but animation is as striking as ever.

Edit: PS and yeah the villains in these movies are never anything amazing, but they serve their purpose as being a monumental obstacle for a heroes to take down. The real focus is on our heroes anyway, villains are kind of just there to support the show. Would be really awesome to have less one-dimensional villains in these, but it's not something that bothers me or detracts my enjoyment from them nonetheless.

And since this isn't exactly canon, the timeline doesn't matter, but I still find it weird. This WOULD take place during the Endeavor's Agency arc in S5, meaning while they were out training or whatever they'd all be called in for this WORLD-ENDING crisis. And then.... they would go back to training under Endeavor like nothing big happened. That's actually the one main problem I have with these movies- it's that they are not canon. Such huge events happen within them, but when we return to our actual series, it's like nothing happened and is not regarded or mentioned at all- because it isn't canon. So it just seems out of place a little. I still enjoy them as movies, but I'd enjoy them more of they were actually tied to the actual series, and having their own impact on it.
BetaMaleUltraFeb 18, 2022 12:15 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 18, 2022 6:16 PM

Dec 2016
I still don't get it... Otheon is not even real, so why would Hori-sensei make up a location that's not even on our map? I think he should have stayed true and pick an actual Continent from the map like United Kingdom for example, since it have a lot with the name "Odeon" in it? More reasonable if you ask me. The amount of efford for this Otheon is impressive, not gonna lie, but it would have been better to be more realistic about it :/

Intense fight with our three boys! Those twins look very erratic and it sure caused Kacchan a lot of trouble dealing with them. Shoto's fight was also very though and I was feeling anxious the whole fight x_x The leader of the Organization, Flect Turn, was also something else and I wasn't sure if Deku would actually defeat that guy. Also, wish we could see a little more of spotlight with the rest of the class 1-A with the Pro Heroes since they also made an important role helping out detecting the Bombs.

Hori-sensei could have done a lot better in this movie cuz it seemed like it have potential, but I simply enjoyed the movie.
Nothing extraordinary, so 7/10 :)
PurpleGirl203Feb 18, 2022 6:19 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 18, 2022 6:31 PM

Apr 2018
Not better than the previous two heroes movies. The build up was fine, Rody is a meh character imo. The soundtrack was phenomenal though. Animation was sick and the last end fight was superb.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 18, 2022 11:35 PM

Jul 2021
The animation sparks really good in this movie. 8/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 19, 2022 10:49 AM

Aug 2016
I really hope Yutaka Nakamura is doing well.
Feb 19, 2022 1:33 PM

Jul 2019
Eh, it was fine i guess, i expected worse, but sacrificing MVA for a mediocre movie was a big mistake.
Fax001sFeb 19, 2022 1:36 PM
Feb 19, 2022 8:21 PM

Feb 2021
deg said:
xseandee said:
subs isnt out yet? :(

Any Possibility of Eng dub in BD?
Feb 19, 2022 8:26 PM

Jan 2009
subo5 said:
deg said:

Any Possibility of Eng dub in BD?

i got no idea when they will release the discs english dubs so sorry
Feb 20, 2022 6:54 AM

Oct 2018
@deg did you watch the BD version or the web version?
Feb 20, 2022 6:57 AM

Jan 2009
Etherius_ZS said:

web version the AMAZON WebDL one
Feb 20, 2022 6:59 AM

Oct 2018
deg said:
Etherius_ZS said:

web version the AMAZON WebRip one

So it doesn't have the changes during the scenes of Suzuki and Hayashi, right? Thanks, I couldn't find the BD so I was asking.
Feb 20, 2022 7:03 AM

Jan 2009
Etherius_ZS said:
deg said:

web version the AMAZON WebRip one

So it doesn't have the changes during the scenes of Suzuki and Hayashi, right? Thanks, I couldn't find the BD so I was asking.

its probably the BD version as well, but im just guessing since the sakuga guys on twitter tweeted the scenes that they think are corrected from the cinema release and the only raws available that time and this time is this AMAZON WebDL version
Feb 20, 2022 7:10 AM

Oct 2018
deg said:
Etherius_ZS said:

its probably the BD version as well, but im just guessing since the sakuga guys on twitter tweeted the scenes that they think are corrected from the cinema release and the only raws available that time and this time is this AMAZON WebDL version

I think these are the two versions. Which one was yours?

BD -
https://twitter.com/DESTROYBINARY/status/1493662559416860679

Web -
https://twitter.com/PenEntire/status/1493691819883958283
Feb 20, 2022 7:14 AM

Jan 2009
Etherius_ZS said:
deg said:

BD -

Web -

i just checked this is what i got from the AMAZON WebDL https://twitter.com/DESTROYBINARY/status/1493662559416860679
Feb 20, 2022 7:16 AM

Oct 2018
deg said:
Etherius_ZS said:

BD -

Web -

i just checked this is what i got from the AMAZON WebDL https://twitter.com/DESTROYBINARY/status/1493662559416860679

Ok, so it is the improved one. Thanks.
Feb 20, 2022 8:38 PM

Sep 2018
Bones really did go all out in the fighting sequences to the point where some of it seemed a little over the top/comical with it's execution. It was a decent movie anyway, 7/10.
Feb 21, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
They went all out on fights.. and that's it huh.. It really wasn't that different from the previous movies albeit 2nd movie was a little bit better in execution..

This movie plot flowed so predictably that there's a high chance that the director asked the Writer to be that way.. the Plot is just so-so even in execution.. the character's don't really have much going on besides the usual cast and a new addition that really has nothing much to offer..

The movie biggest and only selling point is Animation and all thing through.. even with the excessive Sakuga.. it was enjoyable.. nothing really worth watching a 2nd time... that's for sure..
Feb 22, 2022 8:41 AM

Feb 2020
Overall, storywise it was not much good. It was kind of basically what was already seen before - A grander version of shie hassaikai arc with melissa shield (from first movie) like side character and villan with milder version of Shigaraki Tomura backstory with similar organisation style like the Paranormal Liberation Front.
There was the new element like deku being wanted list (which was trailer selling moment). But unfortunately that was never really expanded.
Also rody's quirk reveal was weak, didnot add anything to story. There was not need to keep that secret. Instead if it would have been told since the beginning, it would have been much better impact. Rody was decent character but nothing too special. The comical moment with his and deku were a bit annoying though

Now coming to animation, that definitely was a treat. Made me jealous enough to wish that if this level was present in season 5, then it would have been so good. Animation was quite creative at the beginning but not at very high level, but as the movie progressed it just kept improving further and further to finish of with that beautiful United States of Smash. Deku literally became all might lol.
Plus music was pretty good and attractive point of the movie too. Also i really loved the new character design especially of the main villan.

Overall, storywise it is my least favorite mha movie. But animation wise it is kind of comparable to 2nd movie, but 2nd movie was more consistent overall. Still decent addition, overall better than first movie (even if first movie's story had more heart in it) .

I hope they put some of this in actual series ie season 6 instead of going for another movie.
AdampkFeb 22, 2022 9:08 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 24, 2022 1:57 AM

Dec 2018
So, I didn't have high expectations to begin with. I mean, All Might has retired, Endeavour is number 1 and it's been forecasted previously that Deku, Bakugou, and Todoroki trio will be the best three and fight for the Number 01 position.

I would say I was right to not expect much. This movie was to show that yeah, the Deku, Bakugou, and Todoroki trio are growing into full-fledged heroes. This movie is to set up the pretext for when the trio grows up.

07/10
Feb 25, 2022 5:52 PM

May 2015
Another very solid movie from MHA. Loved it.

I love how Deku became a wanted criminal for a bit as at first I was just coming into it expecting same old same old but then it suddenly took that turn and I was paying attention.

One thing that does bug me though about these movies are that they spoil things for the season that is either airing at the time like the last movie or the season that is literally just about to air. Like Deku, Todoroki, and Bakago having these new moves and Deku having that long scar on his right arm which I don't remember him ever having. Its clear this is set probably somewhere in the midpoint of the new season coming out. Also Deku is absolutely decked in this lol. He's so powerful now and has full control over the whip. I'm assuming this is kind of like a nod to manga readers and something they hope anime onlys gloss over cause it just seems weird they keep doing this. Especially so when they do it during or right before the season its related to as if to spite anime onlys lol.

I really liked the new character they introduced. He ended up being really good. Honestly I saw a comment before watching the movie that said they cried at the end and when they introduced that guy at the beginning showing him with his siblings I was like "This guy is totally gonna die at the end isn't he?" Luckily I was wrong and they had a really nice happy ending.

I swear to god this incident better be mentioned at some point in the future. They can't sugarcoat this like the previous two movies as just another incident that happened in between. This was a WORLD ENDING EVENT that everyone was involved in. They have to mention this in the new season or future as something that happened. Especially with that first scene where an entire city got nuked with that gas and everyone died.

Overall though I really liked this movie. That last fight got really hype towards the end. (Of course he somehow goes 100% again to finish the fight even though he shouldn't be able to. But its shounen so whatever) One thing I really liked about the final fight was how they didn't use the normal You Say Run and stuck to lesser music, more fight. Obviously YSR is godlike music but it does lean more towards that season 1 vibe of happier hero times (Just saying as we're getting more into the grittier part of MHA with this upcoming war). So it was nice to see they changed up the music choice a bit.

DarknessRealityFeb 25, 2022 6:07 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 26, 2022 10:02 AM

Jan 2021
For me the Animation really carried I was watching more for the animation and the fight scenes then the story itself but it was good
Feb 28, 2022 1:42 AM

May 2021
So I watched this movie today at home for the first time and I literally fell asleep. The last time I felt asleep while watching a movie was when I was like a 5-6 year old boy , which is natural . This movie was so boring I had to force myself.
5/10
Feb 28, 2022 7:07 PM

Feb 2009
It was good, but not even close to the hype level. 😕
Very weak story, saturated with effects in the fight scenes that leave us lost...
My favorite remains the previous movie (Heroes: Rising)
Not to mention the badass costumes were the biggest bait! They only appear 1 time, I felt cheated rsrs
Feb 28, 2022 8:43 PM

Jul 2016
Interesting. Rating this movie practically presented me with the same dilemma I had with Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen. That being the fact of seeing an utterly mediocre script being saved by fantastic action sequences.

That said, it was still a pretty enjoyable experience, all things considered. Rody is a bro and seeing Deku's own version of "United States of Smash" sure gave me chills.

7,5/10 -> 8/10
Mar 1, 2022 2:47 AM
Jun 2017
love the story of the movie, and the action scenes on it...
Mar 2, 2022 9:19 AM

Feb 2015
The only thing I would say I liked about this movie was Deku's webswinging. The rest were all just meh.

I was really hoping United States of World Smash would give me the same feeling as United States of Smash or even Plus Ultra Prominence Burn but nope... nothing.
Mar 10, 2022 6:51 AM
Sep 2020
Flect Turn VS Deku is all might vs one for all 2.0

🔥🔥🔥

Ok first up ,I'll talk about the story

Story(non spoilers):Very good ,Unexpected to be honest ,the premise is pretty solid
It does not confuse you ,it's just that everything makes sence and is done right
Conflict was resolved and it had some nice and simple moments to a feel good movie .

10/10

Characters(easily the most disappointing part of this movie):(not much to say here,pretty average)
-Deku gets a good development in this movie ,but it is just overused at times ,like his motives and all,but it was expected ,never give up ,plus ultra ...etc etc.

-The movie only character was nice forgot his name but he had some nice moments ,but somewhere in the middle it felt a bit not done properly as far as his character is concerned ,in the beginning and in the middle i thought his character would shine but it didn't go plus ultra ,but his character conclusion was still good(he had the best character arc in this movie)

-the rest of the cast , honestly if was disappointing except for bakugo and todoroki ,the rest were there to just be in and do their jobs ,wanted a bit more from them (one of the negatives of the movies)

4/10

Directing and storyboard:
Everything goes smoothly ,the beginning the middle and the end except some moments just before the end felt rushed ,it felt like when the cast was about to get some development on their searching skills and all that ,and also to show their skills ,it was just cut down to
"oh we found it guys job well done"🤦🏻,it's like the tension was cut down

7/10

Animation:
Ok here I'll be a bit controversial ,the animation was subpar except for the final fight, the escape scene and catching scene ,everything else was either bad or average

8/10
(the best parts of the movie animation 10/10)final fight with Deku 11/10

Can't believe how this was skipped over as a contender for movie of the year?

Movie is not rewatchable towards the end,other than that everything else is solid

But the beginning and the final fight was 10/10

Overall

8.7/10
Mack_YeagerMar 10, 2022 6:58 AM
Mar 11, 2022 5:11 AM

Mar 2021
I really enjoyed this movie.
few pegs down, watching this movie made me digest everything and appreciate the art and effort put into it. But compared to the story of movie 2, the story of this movie was utter garbage. I hope season 6 doesn't get affected like this since its understandable that they had a huge hit due to the pandemic
Mar 12, 2022 9:28 AM

Jan 2015
PurpleGirl203 said:
I still don't get it... Otheon is not even real, so why would Hori-sensei make up a location that's not even on our map? I think he should have stayed true and pick an actual Continent from the map like United Kingdom for example, since it have a lot with the name "Odeon" in it? More reasonable if you ask me. The amount of efford for this Otheon is impressive, not gonna lie, but it would have been better to be more realistic about it :/

Intense fight with our three boys! Those twins look very erratic and it sure caused Kacchan a lot of trouble dealing with them. Shoto's fight was also very though and I was feeling anxious the whole fight x_x The leader of the Organization, Flect Turn, was also something else and I wasn't sure if Deku would actually defeat that guy. Also, wish we could see a little more of spotlight with the rest of the class 1-A with the Pro Heroes since they also made an important role helping out detecting the Bombs.

Hori-sensei could have done a lot better in this movie cuz it seemed like it have potential, but I simply enjoyed the movie.
Nothing extraordinary, so 7/10 :)

Otheon is not real but it IS real! It was inspired in my country, Portugal. That's why we can see a lot of efforts in the scenes, because the scenes exist but they were a little twisted to fit the plot. The bridge is our 25th of April bridge, that was all passed in Lisbon, especially the scenes in the big town at the beginning and the subway and the plazas, one of them being Praça da Figueira but using a Pegasus instead of a man riding a horse. The architecture of the old houses is also on point. I'm sad because not only they adapted a lot of stuff but also called it something else, Otheon. There's France, there's Egypt, the US, Japan, Singapore... Why did they call Portugal of Otheon and Spain of Klayd or whatever name they used? :c

Mar 14, 2022 3:34 AM
May 2021
Well the animation was good as always the story is not that good this kinda remind me of spider man and I'm being generous that's why easy 3/10.
Mar 22, 2022 2:50 AM

Aug 2012
Probably my favourite of the MHA movies and that largely comes down to really enjoying the Rody/Deku road trip aspect of the film. Rody was definitely the star of this movie, and I felt most of the stuff revolving around him and his relationship with Deku was executed well. A few points lean a bit generic, but I found it a pretty charming dynamic all throughout, and overall I'd consider it the strongest part of any of the films.

I particularly liked how Rody's quirk was used. I had initially assumed he might've been quirkless until it was brought up, then I was annoyed when they did the cock-tease because it's like, "Oh of course, whatever his quirk is will end up as their saving grace in the climax of the film" which I thought was going to be awful. Like, if he saves the day with an ability we need to know it beforehand or else it's just cheap.

But I really liked the reveal that it was Pino. I thought the dramatic build-up in the scene was great, how we didn't get the direct answer until after it was sort of played, the music helped sell it a lot, and most importantly, I liked how it was something we could've figured out, something that was established. I imagine this movie will be fun to re-watch with that information in mind, I already thought back to how it re-contextualized the earlier scene where Rody "betrays" Deku and it's Pino who woke Deku up, because Rody didn't really want to betray Deku, which compliments the current sequence as it's Rody ostensibly doing the same thing. It actually felt fair, and not revealing it at the time, allowed us to put the pieces together ourselves while it was happening which is something I appreciate.

That said, this easily had the worst action of any of the films. The earlier encounters were mostly fun, but the last three battles were so boring. The previous two films managed to have moments where the intelligent side of combat came out, the fight with chimera required the combination of certain quirks to. secure victory, in this fight there was pretty much no strategy more complex than hit them with our biggest moves. Bakugo did the grenade thing but that's barely anything, unless I miss subtle signs of Bakugo planting them earlier. There's almost nothing to talk about with Bakugo & Todoroki's fight, they're both battles against characters that didn't exist until Bakugo & Todoroki needed a fight, and that just immediately established them as time-wasters.

Deku's fight with Flect was a little more interesting at first, I think Flect's probably the most interesting of the villains of these villains, though that's a very low bar. But his quirk both made him an appropriate threat to Deku while also explaining his motivations. But the resolution to the fight was as boring as I expected, Deku just gets cheesy shonen motivation and punches him harder. It makes sense that Flect's ability would have limit, but that doesn't make it engaging to watch, and I get the homage to All Might vs. Nomu, but I didn't like that fight either so it's not like it helps much. Nowhere near as stupid as the end of the final fight in the last movie, but it at least had more genuine character beats to make it interesting.

Speaking of the last film, the best thing there was how it utilized the main cast. Everyone, except maybe Hagakure, got a moment in there to contribute and be awesome. Conversely, this film sidelines most of Class 1-A into practically cameo roles and only dedicates screen-time to the three that get all the screen-time anyway. I 100% get why people will perform the last film for that reason alone, but as mentioned, I really enjoyed the Rody/Deku road trip, so this wasn't really a negative to me.

My last two thoughts are on Bakugo. #1, most of his dialogue in this movie is telling people not to order him around, they repeated that gag way too much. I was going to complain that he was essentially flanderized but #2, I loved they showed his smart side by having him take charge on the information chip. That was his best moment in the film for sure.

7/10.
Apr 24, 2022 11:47 AM
Jul 2011
Seems there only so much they can do with the BHA movies in the end since they're non-canon the formula for them is nearly the same in all of them. All the movies are starting to feel like the same retread of the same plot points and filler movie character(s). There isn't gonna be high stakes because obviously the main character(s) aren't gonna die. The villain motive is probably the worst of all the movie villains so far too.

Sexy arrow girl killing herself because she ran out of arrows was pretty dumb and funny at same time. Shoto fought some reject from Jujustu Kaisen, the design of that monster couldn't have been coincidence. Bakugo's mini-bosses were hilariously OP for throwaway villains, if not for movie/main series plot armor he should by all accounts lost that fight. Deku basically won his final fight because the villain didn't Plus Ultra his life according to him. Went 100% temporary himself for enhanced United States of Smash...without any repercussions because of movie privilege.

Second movie did a better job of involving the rest of the class in action. This one was mainly just Deku, Bakugo, and Shoto doing anything of note in this one. Fanservce aspect of side characters is usually what these movies of popular shounen can get away with and they don't even take advantage of that.

These movies are just vehicles for over the top sakuga scenes towards the final act which while visually impressive is starting to get old without any good story substance to the scenes up with.

Apr 29, 2022 10:01 PM
Aug 2021
What the heck with this movie?

9/10
Jul 9, 2022 3:58 AM
Jul 2008
One thing I'm looking forward in MHA are the fight scenes. But these fight scenes are really boring.

Deku: Just keep punching the guy until it works
Bakugo: Same as Deku, just keep bombing them
Todoroki: Was that even a fight?

Compared to usual MHA fights where the fighters usually use their brain, these fights seem really brainless without substance..

I know those movies are filler, but if new movies will keep going like this, I would rather stop watching them.

One thing I'm curious is, can Eraser Head erase the reflect quirk? Will the quirk reflect back to Eraser Head?
Jul 16, 2022 1:22 PM

Nov 2020
peak movie, Rody is a goat, a non-canon goat :(

I really liked Deku in this movie, I don't dislike him but somtimes he nerves me, but in this movie, his behavior and reactions was realistic for his character and good.

Aug 12, 2022 10:04 PM
Aug 2022
just hate mha movies
Aug 14, 2022 8:40 PM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed this at least as much as the last one. As usual the story wasn't canon, but that has to be expected with MHA movies.

Rody's character was a question mark for me at the beginning and I didn't knew if I would like him at all, but learning more about his character and seeing his growing friendship with Midoriya convinced me otherwise.

Animation was on point, especially with the fights at the end they went all out. So nothing too special but still an overall solid movie.

Aug 29, 2022 8:34 PM

Jun 2014
This was a pretty good movie, and Rody was an interesting character. After all, he was the one who saved the world in the end.

It would be interesting to see Rody in the series someday.

Sep 2, 2022 1:16 PM
Apr 2020
Si, opino, que, esta, meh, la, pelicula, buenas, noches.

Sep 19, 2022 5:20 AM
Jun 2019
Not as good as previous movies, but still good
Sep 19, 2022 4:07 PM
Sep 2022
good story, nice break from the normal villain cast, liked rody
Sep 21, 2022 12:58 PM

Apr 2021
It was a pretty good movie!!! The animation was great, and yeah the fight scenes were good too!!! I can't wait to watch season 6!!!
Sep 21, 2022 6:24 PM
Aug 2019
Spoilers ahead.

The writing was absolutely terrible, not sure if it was a direct take from the manga, but if it was, why make a movie out of something so flimsy? The ending makes no sense, dude saves the world, they leave him in a trailer park? No grant to attend a university or stipend to take care of his younger siblings? Really? Come to expect a little bit out of this series and this just dropped the ball entirely.

The animation was terrible for a feature length, especially nowadays.

Pacing was okay.

Voice acting always pretty good.

All in all, I wouldn't even watch it in the background, OST isn't very good either, which is sad, considering they usually have good OPs at least.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Rank the three MHA movies, from your favourite to least favourite

eclipsesonic - Nov 11, 2021

21 by APolygons2 »»
Mar 29, 10:31 PM

» Justice for Rody

Kurokewi - Oct 31, 2021

11 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 2023 5:15 PM

» so... about deku's one for all usage...

psyche-K - Apr 11, 2023

16 by J_Vaso »»
Apr 20, 2023 10:25 AM

» The longest 5 mins ever

mechian - Oct 31, 2021

10 by CickNipolla »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:14 AM

» THIS IS PEAK ANIMATION/SAKUGA

Plopop - Feb 17, 2022

17 by CickNipolla »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.