Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the present timeline is not as pleasant as it seems. Well, there's Hina who seems to have a somewhat rocky relationship with Takemichi now.

Takemichi should probably try to hold his tears back more. It's not manly for him in this timeline especially after he saved Draken.
Jun 26, 2021 11:54 AM
May 2020
This is the aftermath we all needed.
Jun 26, 2021 12:05 PM

Jun 2019
Man... that was one way to embarrass yourself in front of your girl, Takemichi. Stop crying already, dummy. But, I guess that was obvious since this is the person he loves and finally managed to save. Naoto was stuck in that awkward situation, LOL. Takemichi also got to know that at this time, he was the one who duped Hina and not the other way around.

But everything he was hoping for and that he will ask Hina out once again shattered in front of his eyes when Akkun rode the car and decided to kill both Hina and Takemichi for some unknown reason. And, Hina became the victim of the situation once again alongside Akkun.

Well, back to square one. I guess.
Jun 26, 2021 12:09 PM
Sep 2015
Just as I suspect that not only we witness our crybaby hero, we also witness the birth of top man of Toman as well, and Takemichi deserves to be on top of whatever he want, based on how humble he is. You can't find a more humble guy than him.

But by choosing to be the top of the gang, his life won't be the same anymore, and while Hina will definitely side with him, the same can't be said for her brother which is a policeman.

Or he could stay virgin and let me have it when he reaches the strongest point!
Jun 26, 2021 12:15 PM

Jul 2020
Finally seeing results! Crybaby hero succeeded! Sike. What a flipping bait, I fell for it hook line and goddamn sinker.

Takemichy going to meet hina was sweet, especially seeing the internal struggle he was facing and then resolving himself to letting her be happy, that was some bittersweet shit right there. Reminds me of re:zero in that sense, no one knows the sacrifices that that crybaby hero went through - subaru- and he won't be celebrated for what he did do as it's not part of the same timeline. Him then meeting the person he resolved to not meet was jokes, thought he'd cry instantly and you betcha he did just that. The awkward air between the two of them seemed fair enough, 12 years apart and being ex's doesn't help, add onto that takemichy is basically a posterboard for useless (at least outwardly) doesn't exactly help but the whole shpeil with him gripping onto Naoto was jokes.

The car drive didn't seem to help either, I don't really know how it was supposed to either, but I guess it was just getting out of her house. The clover is clearly the same one takemichy gave as if that wasn't obvious but takemichy denying it again shows that he's ready make a thankless sacrifice at the blink of an eye for his loved ones, great stuff. Naoto getting conveniently called threw some red flags for me, conditioned by to your eternity I was expecting something sinister to happen and guess what, it blooming did.

I don't really get the time skip portion of things, essentially he jumps between timelines 12 years back and forwards right, but it's only his memories that get transferred? Like steins gate? But his new timeline memories don't get changed (new being the takemitchy we dont follow) so takemichy doesn't know what happens in the mean time? I was confused about this with the whole emma fiasco, but the whole takemichy broke up with hina when he remembered hina breaking up with him was weird since it doesnt make sense unless what I said or something similar is correct.

Well akkun is a waste man, such talent and he decides to betray his friend, I wonder what kind of dirt ToMan have against him for him to comply with killing the guy that saved his life on multiple occasions. Hanma in the suit was fairly weird, and is it just me or do the older versions of the characters, bare naoto, make them look younger? xD

Hina's last movements really showcased how caring she was, forcing takemichy off and resigning herself to her own death, but not letting the guy she loves go up in flames with her. Poetically tragic.

You thought this show was over? Hell no, takemitchy is going back to the past, and now he's going to become a leader. Does that mean his going to be a section chief or outrank mikey? Doubt the latter but we'll see for sure.

I'm guessing this season is 2 cours? If it is, bloody brilliant!
LeviathanHWDJun 26, 2021 12:37 PM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 26, 2021 12:29 PM

Jul 2017
With history rewritten, Takemichi has saved all potential deaths from occurring, and Naoto is all happy about it, especally to his dear sister Hina...which Takemichi still has second thoughts because of the new timeline.

The girlfriend that he leaped in time and saved her to see being alive in 12 years, Hina has gone pretty and with the similar necklace. And...it's awkward as hell between old faces after quite a while. The adverse effect of the new timeline of Takemichi thnking he's dumped Hina, well that.

The grown-up weirdo that is Hanma...still bears grudges over Takemichi, and the innocent Hina paid the price as an act of revenge. But...it's Akkun (who is part of Kisaki), and seemingly NOTHING has changed before Takemichi time-travelled. It's honestly sad to see Hina go out a 2nd time, and this time, Takemichi is gonna make things right once again...by being Toman's top gun.

Looking forward to Volume 5's Bloody Halloween arc coming next month!
Jun 26, 2021 12:35 PM
Dec 2018
So why DID hanma order a hit on Hina and Takemichi? Was it really an act of revenge /grudge even though he never interacted with Takemichi before in any meaningful way? There must be more to this. If you wish to spoil, go ahead, but black it out obviously.
Jun 26, 2021 12:37 PM

Jan 2021
Fuahh, I was about to hit Takemichi for making me wait 6 minutes of the episode for nothing aksdj

Finally, Hinata, she hasn't changed at all, she's still beautiful <( ̄︶ ̄)>
The atmosphere is still full of love tension eh?

Fuck no, there couldn't be a happy ending. I don't know him well yet, but I hate Kisaki... (ಥ﹏ಥ)
Jun 26, 2021 12:38 PM

Sep 2020
First 15 minutes : your generic rom-com
Last 5 minutes : Re:Zero

Jun 26, 2021 12:45 PM
Mar 2020
Omg is nobody gonna talk about how hina leg just got cut off it was so brutal. I love their relationship and it was literally a mental breakdown for me when she died.
Jun 26, 2021 12:51 PM
Oct 2020
An emotional roller coaster my god what the f**k was that
Jun 26, 2021 12:55 PM

Feb 2019
The more things change, the more they stay the same. I knew after last week shit was too good to be true, and of course I was right. Akkun is still not free from gang life, Hina is still dead and this time it’s even worse because Takemichi had to watch it. Wish he would’ve told her how he felt prior to the car attack, but it is what it is. If you want something done right, do it yourself. Fuck hoping Toman leadership keeps Hina safe, he’ll do it himself.

Second cour is gonna be amazing.
Jun 26, 2021 12:58 PM

Apr 2015
Oh yes, this was the episode I've been waiting for since the start of the anime and it was great! A little slow at the beginning with so many of Takemichi's inner monologue, but their awkwardness was kind of cute and things really went from 0 to 100 at the end there. Hina's such an honest and kind girl, she doesn't deserve any of this. That sudden car crash and seeing her body ripped in half was devastating. Akkun too. Apparently he won't get to live out the rest of his life happily as a hairstylist. Time for the start of one of the greatest arcs, let's goooo!!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 26, 2021 12:58 PM

Feb 2019
Encount03 said:
Omg is nobody gonna talk about how hina leg just got cut off it was so brutal. I love their relationship and it was literally a mental breakdown for me when she died.

I’m honestly wondering why she ain’t get out and ran. I know people gonna say “shock” “fear” and all that bs but my ass would’ve been like usain bolt running to a store.
Jun 26, 2021 1:00 PM

Nov 2020
Fuck kisaki, all my homies hate Kisaki.
Jun 26, 2021 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
Kisaki has only showed up as a quick background character near the end of episode 4 if I remember correctly but damn, he already sounds frighting as hell

Brilliant episode this week and the end was unexpected especially from Akkun. Can't wait for the 'Bloody Halloween arc' next week.

Easily the best anime of this season (with Odd Taxi as a close second)
Jun 26, 2021 1:06 PM

Jan 2012
Damn, when I seen the toilet scene, I had a feeling Hina and/or Takemichi was going to be in danger.

Damn, now alot of questions raised to why Takemichi broke with hina ( I have a gut feeling). What happened between Akkun from past to future and during the timeskip for Takemichi.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jun 26, 2021 1:08 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I wished I hadn't read ahead to the end of Volume 4, but I couldn't help myself. I was curious to see what happens next after the last episode because I knew something bad was going to happen. Once again Hina died after being targeted by Toman and to make matters worse Kisaki got Akkun to do his dirty work by sacrificing himself. We also noticed that there was a change in the timeline, instead of Hina dumping Takemichi in the previous timeline it was Takemichi who dumped Hina in the new current timeline. If Takemichi really wants to save everybody he cares about, not only he needs to be the top guy in Toman, but he also has to prevent Kisaki from getting his hands on Toman in the first place.
Jun 26, 2021 1:09 PM

Apr 2021
This anime feels like a loop.

1.Takemitchy sees something bad happening.

2.Takemitchy starts crying.

3.Takemitchy says he will change.

Now repeat steps 1, 2, 3.

The funny thing is they are now even recycling the same narrative and dialogues from the last episodes, lmao. They can’t be serious.
Jun 26, 2021 1:11 PM
Mar 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Encount03 said:

I’m honestly wondering why she ain’t get out and ran. I know people gonna say “shock” “fear” and all that bs but my ass would’ve been like usain bolt running to a store.
I also thought that but it is what it is and author likes to make us suffer.
Jun 26, 2021 1:11 PM
Jun 2021
This ep really hits different
Jun 26, 2021 1:12 PM

Aug 2020
In the end Hina still died only a little further in time, I wonder how Takemitchy will become the leader of Toman, I'd like to see him try.
Jun 26, 2021 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
"Truck-kun" in this series is just built different. They did that scene justice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2021 1:17 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, it was all sunshine and rainbows until Takemitchy bumped into the Moebius guy.

I really thought everything went right with Akkun since he was working at a stylist. When I saw him in the car at the end I was just shocked. Why? How? What went wrong after all that?

My biggest question is why is Hina a target? I don't understand. Why Hina? What did she ever do? She had no relationship to Toman in the very beginning. There's no reason for her to be target then and now. Did she do something to Kisaki unknowingly that has him holding a grudge against her?

Damn though, the scene with Hina looking at Takemitchy with tears in her eyes asking him why he broke up with her was so sad. :(
I can't believe that Takemitchy just left in the middle of that situation though, like come on man. xD

Looks like we'll go back to the past and hopefully this time around we'll learn more about Kisaki.
Jun 26, 2021 1:23 PM

Oct 2010
DISGUSTING
Yeah, they needed to re-start somehow but could it be done without protag being disgusting wuss again?
Jun 26, 2021 1:27 PM
Mar 2020
Been waiting to see this since last week when i started reading the manga, and goddamn did they do it justice. Takemichi acting like a whiny adult, like grow a pair and talk to your girl lmao. First 15 mins were decent and just as expected, but the moment we saw Adult Hanma I got mad hyped to see the next part animated.
They extended the length of the scene here and made it much more tense, Akkun crashing into the car and saying his dying words before blowing up, Takemichi desperately tryna save a half-dead Hina, damn, hits you in the feels.
Lastly Takemichi saying he's gonna be the leader of Toman and travel back again with the whole fire burning behind him was glorious, best shot of the episode.
Can't wait for cour 2, 9/10 adaptation and gassed to see how they animate the Valhalla arc
Jun 26, 2021 1:29 PM
Oct 2018
Hands down the best episode of tokyo revengers yet. What an emotional rollercoaster. Gave some re zero vibes in the end which I absolutely love. I have started to see why manga readers were hyping it so much, can already tell second cour will be incredible.
Jun 26, 2021 1:32 PM
Jan 2019
Full stein's gate vibe
Jun 26, 2021 1:34 PM
Jan 2021
Just let him reach stein's gate already
Jun 26, 2021 1:40 PM
Apr 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Encount03 said:

Well it could be we perceive it slow while it happen fast
Jun 26, 2021 1:41 PM
Apr 2018
Im guessing he will save her in the end but in the process he loses her(rommantically)... fuck this ep hit hard af even though he can always redo it again. Long hair hina looks amazing.
Jun 26, 2021 1:44 PM

Apr 2018
Well you should never expect a happy future I guess? A really wholesome beginning and it ends up with a cruel ending. Akkun ends up killing Hina (Kisaki's order). And Takemitchy swore to become the top guy in Toman. Really well done.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 26, 2021 1:57 PM

Dec 2017
Stark700 said:
Takemichi should probably try to hold his tears back more. It's not manly for him in this timeline especially after he saved Draken.

He also cries too much for my taste but I don't see how it would be not manly. Holding the tears back just to appear more manly would be pretty pathetic and not very manly in itself imho.
Jun 26, 2021 2:02 PM

Jul 2017
I'm officially convinced Takemichi is god now, being able to survive 2 explosions head on and only coming off with scratches lmao.

But if Takemichi doesn't remember him dumping Hina in this new timeline, then I assume that the time travel thing is more like the OG Takemichi replacing himself in points in time

Also this confirms that the key to saving Hina is to just kill Akkun first :P

FMmatron said:
"Truck-kun" in this series is just built different. They did that scene justice.

yea he's been promoted to SUV-kun now
Jun 26, 2021 2:15 PM
Aug 2011
so if i had to take a guess id say that he (his past self) broke up with hina because he knew that his life was dangerous and someone was out to get him?

regarless it was an awesome episode
Jun 26, 2021 2:17 PM

May 2018
big rip, everyone ended up dying again T_T
Jun 26, 2021 2:18 PM
Feb 2021
Oh my god!! This episode was hearthbreaking damn
Hina is super cute.
Jun 26, 2021 3:11 PM

Dec 2020
Hina can’t forget takemitchy because hina wearing the four leaf clover necklace that is proof enough that she never give up on him.
I was happy to see akkum is now a hairdresser but the truth he work for kisaki.
The end was goosebumps scene i hope takemitchy can save akkun hina everyone.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 26, 2021 3:23 PM
Apr 2016
Is he ever gonna get a break?
Jun 26, 2021 3:28 PM
Jan 2021
Just WOW. This episode was painful to watch. I knew it that something bad is gonna happen. This episode showed again why tokyo revengers is such a good anime
Jun 26, 2021 3:31 PM

Jun 2019
Nevermind, nothing has really changed. I thought at least Akkun would have been free, but nope. Takemitchy was incredibly annoying doubting that Hina is still into him too.

Idk how Naoto still had recollection of the previous timeline while nobody else did. I guess it’s because of their handshake thing?

Seems like the real plot starts here with Takemitchy trying to become the head of Toman.
Jun 26, 2021 3:46 PM

Feb 2017
god DAMMIT that really hurt. i honestly thought everything was gonna work out (while also forgetting there will be a second arc). of everyone who could've been driving that car i was really surprised it was akkun. wonder wtf actually happened for things to essentially remain as they did from the last time when akkun jumped from the roof

placeholder text
Jun 26, 2021 3:54 PM

Jul 2011
One more tragic episode.

I was almost asking Takemichi and Akkun if they wanted some tea or coffee, to the talk, while Hina is just there bleeding cut in half to death.

And Mikey and Draken are more talk than action, still losing the power even in this timeline.

Jun 26, 2021 4:00 PM
Jan 2020
It was an awesome episode as always but maaaan it sure struck a nerve because seeing takemitchy act the way he did after what he accomplished only to have it all quite literally slammed right back into his face….I think I lost my voice a little from this one 😅
Jun 26, 2021 4:07 PM

Apr 2015
This episode hit hard... Like a Hummer... Wait, too soon?

For real though, I totally forgot about Tokyo Revengers being a 2-cour show. I was firmly believing for a happy ending this whole episode and then the final minutes happened. It hurt... so much. Probably one of the hardest things to watch this year. I was hopeful to see that she was still breathing and conscious, until the camera panned down and we saw the state of her lower half. :/
Jun 26, 2021 4:31 PM

Jan 2019
Damn, this episode was sad.
So... here we go again?! Kisaki really is a bitch, huh. I wanna see Kazutora already.
Jun 26, 2021 4:40 PM

Mar 2014
My man Takemichi survived two consecutive explosions without a single scratch lmaooo

This episode was really good, if I disregard the suspension of disbelief in some parts I found Hina and Takemichi's interactions really sweet. It's cute how she never forgot about him, even though he has no recollection of this timeline's breakup. We have no idea how long they were together either.

I had a feeling something would happen to Hina when he went to the bathroom, unfortunately I was right and truck-kun appeared soon. It's painful to see that despite Takemichi's efforts nothing changed. Perhaps him becoming the head of Toman is the only way to avoid the fucked up shit caused by Kisaki and Hanma.
Jun 26, 2021 4:43 PM
Jan 2020
Mc is dumb as hell lol
He’s basically Adam Sandler in click but hasn’t figured out that he’s on auto pilot when he jumps back to the present
Jun 26, 2021 5:00 PM
Dec 2020
crechi said:
So why DID hanma order a hit on Hina and Takemichi? Was it really an act of revenge /grudge even though he never interacted with Takemichi before in any meaningful way? There must be more to this. If you wish to spoil, go ahead, but black it out obviously.

Read the manga dude. It's a huge spoiler if we manga readers told you.
Jun 26, 2021 5:03 PM
May 2021
Just when I started to believe that everything would be right, but boom, literally "boom", this happened.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2021

165 by Anzu_luvs_u »»
Mar 3, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.