Is it yuri? Or is it just yuri-bait?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 2021 9:02 AM
Jan 2021
If this is yuri, insta-drop lol
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Apr 11, 2021 9:10 AM
Jan 2021
Since there's no tag I'd say it's probably not, but I actually wondered the same thing when I saw it on here😂
It'd be pretty cool, but I doubt it (I wouldn't be surprised if it was bait though, so many anime do that)
Apr 11, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
Just what made you need to ask? Is it really giving off those kind of vibes? lol

Apr 11, 2021 9:25 AM

Jan 2020
I don't really care as long as content is good

Apr 11, 2021 9:51 AM

Dec 2018
What is Yuri bait depends who you ask. I have seen people on MAL calling Sakura Trick and Yuru Yuri for Yuri bait Lol

Yuri is a term they use in Japan when they portrays lesbians mostly in anime or manga. The lesbians dont need to kiss or even romance. if it portrays a lesbian in any meaning its technical a Yuri. Even If I prefer stronger Yuri's

Its hard to say anything for sure. But the first episode have strong Yuri vibes same as the source materiel

I think its going to be the usual CGDCT gay. Strong Yuri vibes between the girls and no talk or love towards males. But I hope it will be a full blown romance with a million sweet lesbian kisses,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

A new Sakura Trick but a Isekai

Yuri-CrusaderApr 11, 2021 10:06 AM
Apr 11, 2021 10:09 AM

Nov 2016
@Yuri-Crusader

The goddess was without a doubt a thirsty lesbo. That's green-light for you.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2021 10:47 AM
Aug 2020
Lol i think the tag will be added later!
Apr 11, 2021 10:57 AM

Dec 2018
FMmatron said:
@Yuri-Crusader

The goddess was without a doubt a thirsty lesbo. That's green-light for you.

Yes exactly it have a lesbian goddess

I looked at a lot of source material last night. Only girls holding hands blushing hugging and more sweet Yuri vibes

And to be honest they move quickly in this. Only one episode in and the lesbians are already moving in together.,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEES I have seen full blown lesbian romances move slower then that =P

So as I said, its probably going be the typical Yuri/CGDCT. Pure and gay just how I love them

Yuri-CrusaderApr 11, 2021 1:18 PM
Apr 11, 2021 11:42 AM

Dec 2020
Yuri or not, the anime seems really great
Apr 11, 2021 1:44 PM

Mar 2017
@Yuri-Crusader I haven't watched the anime yet, but Azusa's feelings towards Laika and most the other girls is very parental/younger sibling-like. She thinks of Laika as a child. And no yuri as of volume 3. I don't get any yuri vibes from Azusa in the LN at all (other characters yes).

Apr 11, 2021 1:55 PM
May 2018
I'd say more yuri bait than yuri as well (assuming they stick close to the source material) IIRC (been a while since I've read it, there will be some suggestive scenes but that's it.

Think of this as your typical Harem isekai but instead of collecting a harem the protag collects family members
Apr 11, 2021 3:51 PM
Jan 2018
I've read up to the latest chapter for the manga, the yuri/shoujo-ai is tagged on websites. And if anything like the manga, it's really the other characters going after the main protagonist. So harem styled.
Apr 11, 2021 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
I'm caught up on the novel and the most I can say is that there is subtext. There's no explicitly stated relationships and nothing more than girls being close friends. More on the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things with a sort of yuri-flavored harem rather than straight up yuri.

People like to think they are expert critics the minute a rating system is introduced, even if they have no idea what they're talking about.
Apr 11, 2021 5:32 PM
Sep 2020
I’ve read the manga and it isn’t yuri.
Apr 11, 2021 5:47 PM
May 2015
I'm kinda hoping it's not...As a yuri fan, not everything has to revolve around yuri. There are times where I just want to watch a fun and relaxing isekai and that's one of the reasons why I'm watching this show.

Apr 11, 2021 7:08 PM

May 2015
MakaS0ul said:
I'm caught up on the novel and the most I can say is that there is subtext. There's no explicitly stated relationships and nothing more than girls being close friends. More on the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things with a sort of yuri-flavored harem rather than straight up yuri.

Couldn't agree more. As someone else has already stated about the first episode, I get friend/siblingship vibes from the portrayal of Laika's mentorship under Azusa. No need to expect anything more from the adaptation and the LN is going perfectly the way it is now. I really hope they don't change much as adaptations tend to do.
-Joelle-Apr 11, 2021 7:12 PM
Apr 11, 2021 9:41 PM

Oct 2020
Yassob said:
If this is yuri, insta-drop lol
truly based 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
Apr 13, 2021 5:24 PM
Mar 2014
Yuri-Crusader said:
What is Yuri bait depends who you ask. I have seen people on MAL calling Sakura Trick and Yuru Yuri for Yuri bait Lol

Yuri is a term they use in Japan when they portrays lesbians mostly in anime or manga. The lesbians dont need to kiss or even romance. if it portrays a lesbian in any meaning its technical a Yuri. Even If I prefer stronger Yuri's

Its hard to say anything for sure. But the first episode have strong Yuri vibes same as the source materiel

I think its going to be the usual CGDCT gay. Strong Yuri vibes between the girls and no talk or love towards males. But I hope it will be a full blown romance with a million sweet lesbian kisses,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

wthhh never thought I'd meet you again lol well should of known considering your anywhere where there's even a hint of yuri lmao hope you looking forward to season 2 of Kobayashi xD
Apr 13, 2021 5:26 PM
Mar 2014
MakaS0ul said:
I bought the manga and light novel of it, read it but I couldn't really tell but I'm down with cute girls doing cute things
Apr 14, 2021 8:30 AM

Sep 2016
from the first episode maybe it can be interpreted that Laika has some feelings for the protagonist but its not for sure. Anyway the protag lived 300 years so its a question like how is her mentality after all these years? Maybe she became Asexual or something and is able to show only very subtle romantic feelings for people
Apr 14, 2021 10:30 AM
Apr 2021
There is no romance in the light novels or anything even remotely close, whomever says the opposite never read the books. One character or another might very occasionally tease Azusa but it is only for the giggles. This is just one big family of girls doing cute and funny things.
Apr 14, 2021 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
I overlooked it, now I'm interested lol
Apr 15, 2021 4:40 AM

Mar 2017
Yuri-Crusader said:

Here hoping for a yuri development 🙏🙏🙏 It's really wholesome. Just need a little bit of yuri as cherry on top lol.
Apr 15, 2021 5:09 AM
Nov 2019
Didn't episode 1 confirm that the witch and the dragon are both 300 years old as well.

I think this will be like Kuma, Kuma Bear - CGDCT with added Yuribait.

If you're immortal wouldn't loving short lived people be repeatedly heart breaking?

Apr 16, 2021 12:32 AM

May 2015
It's definitely Yuri-bait. At least from what I've read of the source, unless the anime takes a different direction.
Apr 16, 2021 11:37 AM
Dec 2018
I'd prefer Yuri anyday over gay.
Apr 16, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
So would you guys think it's kinda more like Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi with the close friendship in Manaria Friends then? The latter I seen people saying it was yuri when clearly it isn't. Just them looking for something that isn't there.

I'm kinda ok with very little yuri bait stuff if it's like Yuru Yuri (tho some of it went a bit too far for my liking) so long as it's not like Citrus, and Yagate Kimi ni Naru, and Sakura Trick which the latter I dropped and hated while the other two I just couldn't careless about them.
Apr 16, 2021 9:07 PM

May 2017
its just slice of life.
Apr 16, 2021 9:16 PM

Feb 2020
Dragevard said:
Is it yuri? Or is it just yuri-bait?

I just came here to say we have 0% affinity. I have literally not seen anyone with 0% affinity to me (i have seen negative and positive). but exact 0, that so amazing
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 17, 2021 11:16 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
This is not yuri nor shounen or something like that. Just your average slice of life anime with fantasy setting. BUT it's female only so I get why your think that. The only hardcore lesbo in this show is the goddess who sent Azusa to this world. But I highly doubt we'll see her again this season. Halkara though, is not that far behind her.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Apr 17, 2021 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
i sure hope it is, always looking out for some yuri stuff
Apr 17, 2021 7:23 PM

Sep 2011
It is not yuri in the slightest. I've read the manga and the LN and romance is not a part of this series.
Apr 17, 2021 9:19 PM

Nov 2009
In a way it is, in a way it is not, LOL

If you think it's Yuri, then it can be if you look at it that way from the girls interacting with each other.

But it also isn't Yuri if you look at it as a sort of Shoujo Ai relationship. (aka "Best Friends" or in this case "some sort of master-servant relationship"
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 18, 2021 6:27 AM

Dec 2018
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
It is not yuri in the slightest. I've read the manga and the LN and romance is not a part of this series.

I have also read some of the manga. In the manga the elf girl

Yuri (Japanese: 百合, lit. "lily"), also known by the wasei-eigo construction girls' love (ガールズラブ, gāruzu rabu), is a genre of Japanese media focusing on intimate relationships between female characters. While lesbianism is a commonly associated theme, the genre is inclusive of works depicting emotional and""""""" spiritual relationships""""""" between women that are """"not necessarily """romantic""" or sexual in nature"""""""""

So If this anime are going to follow the LN its technical a Yuri. The Yuri are there to be a comical aspect rather then something serious

Many of those CGDCT Idols and other similar shows. Often have strong relationship between females rather then includes males,they are often IMO more on the gay side.If people thinks they are lesbians or not is up to them. But Yuri is broad term and covers this kind of media and are not only limited to lesbian romances that many seems to believe

ShinXShinra said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

wthhh never thought I'd meet you again lol well should of known considering your anywhere where there's even a hint of yuri lmao hope you looking forward to season 2 of Kobayashi xD

I sure love my Yuri =) And yes if I get Yuri hints I will watch it =P

@Minar-kyun

Same here =) I always hope and wish for strong Yuri. But I think this will be the typical CGDCT Yuri. It will be gay it will be funny but not very serious
Yuri-CrusaderApr 18, 2021 8:06 AM
Apr 20, 2021 3:22 AM
Apr 2019
Actually, how the relationship between Azusa and Laika is represented, it could be said that it is yuri because it certainly looks like a marriage and also with daughters, I think they do not mention it directly because unfortunately yuri is not popular in Japan, is of niche so if I wanted that the LN was more popular the author just didn't classify it this way.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Apr 22, 2021 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
I watched the 2nd episode and I didn't see any semblance or any bit of it being yuri not even a hint. The dragon girl who was introduced didn't have any signs of being yuri centric. Didn't show any blushing towards the witch in various situations a yuri character would display e.g. protective, annoyed or even awkward when situations calls for it. So far nope but it's only episode 2 so it's too early to tell.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 23, 2021 6:29 PM

May 2009
It's boring yuribait
May 14, 2021 8:57 AM

Apr 2012
radle said:
So would you guys think it's kinda more like Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi with the close friendship in Manaria Friends then? The latter I seen people saying it was yuri when clearly it isn't. Just them looking for something that isn't there.

I'm kinda ok with very little yuri bait stuff if it's like Yuru Yuri (tho some of it went a bit too far for my liking) so long as it's not like Citrus, and Yagate Kimi ni Naru, and Sakura Trick which the latter I dropped and hated while the other two I just couldn't careless about them.

This is the quintessential Girl's zoo that will (most likely) never go beyond female super friendships and casual ship tease so as not to narrow its audience. This is nothing new, and for many years now, various all-male and all-female shows have embarked on a passionate platonic relationship to cater to everyone's tastes.

Rosary_Diva said:
Actually, how the relationship between Azusa and Laika is represented, it could be said that it is yuri because it certainly looks like a marriage and also with daughters, I think they do not mention it directly because unfortunately yuri is not popular in Japan, is of niche so if I wanted that the LN was more popular the author just didn't classify it this way.

Lol, yuri has always been a huge trend in Japan. So much so that there is such a thing as "business yuri" in the idol industry, where straight girls deliberately act gay in order to get the attention of otaku. Advance biased attempts to read the characters' relationship as romantic or even marital will not make it more or less yuri. Most of this content is intentionally made either ambiguous or deliberately devoid of any canonical statement so that the audience can find what they want in it.

At least if they were in love, it immediately instantly shifted the show's focus from a wholesome SoL to a romantic story, something the show clearly never tried to be. It just amazes me how Western audiences have not yet understood such simple tricks and continue to impose their personal expectations of the show on each other.

Janethan23 said:
I watched the 2nd episode and I didn't see any semblance or any bit of it being yuri not even a hint. The dragon girl who was introduced didn't have any signs of being yuri centric. Didn't show any blushing towards the witch in various situations a yuri character would display e.g. protective, annoyed or even awkward when situations calls for it. So far nope but it's only episode 2 so it's too early to tell.

You just don't understand how it works. People see the interaction, then find or think of it as a deliberately romantic reading and then say it is a yuri show or a show with a yuri subtext. Unsurprisingly, nowadays, any show about friendship is immediately flagged as very gay.
May 15, 2021 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
It's more similar to Dragon Maid. Not only because of literal Dragon Maid, but creating family bond despite no blood relation.
No Yuri. At least so far, because all female cast doesn't immediately means it's yuri.

And for the reference, if you couldn't notice by mere glance, Crusader unironically seem to believe, that there is no such thing as straight woman, so I disadvice listening to him.
PiromyslOct 21, 2022 4:02 AM

May 15, 2021 6:59 AM

Oct 2017
It's a CGDCT anime.
May 16, 2021 6:34 PM

Mar 2014
Is just a comedic slice of life isekai. MC behaves more like a cool older parent towards other girls, if anything.

Literally only the unlucky greedy elf (who is also the source of 90% of the very few fanservice in the show) kinda counts as a lesbian (maybe bi), but MC clearly does not reciprocate her feelings.

That said, there's barely any male char, none of them are plot relevant. Cute Girls doing Cute Overleveled Things.
FabrisMay 16, 2021 7:13 PM
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
May 21, 2021 5:01 PM
Oct 2020
It is CGDCT by definition
May 21, 2021 9:23 PM
Apr 2020
I wouldn’t classify it as a yuri anime, but it definitely has noticeable yuri undertones throughout it.
Apr 2020
I wouldn’t classify it as a yuri anime, but it definitely has noticeable yuri undertones throughout it.
Apr 2020
May 22, 2021 6:57 AM

Feb 2019
latest episode (ep7) is definitely yuri-bait but thankfully no actual yuri.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 22, 2021 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
Today's episode was gay af

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 22, 2021 10:23 PM
Jun 2020
It's only a CGDCT anime
May 20, 2022 2:05 AM

Sep 2012
SoulessAnime said:
Since there's no tag I'd say it's probably not, but I actually wondered the same thing when I saw it on here😂
It'd be pretty cool, but I doubt it (I wouldn't be surprised if it was bait though, so many anime do that)

sometimes animes have no romance tag and yet 2mains end up as couple in the end but that's also romance its just that if it doesn't focus on romance enough the series won't get romance tag so in some ways this tags are not 100% accurate

also i remember a anime where there were romance implications and mains ended up as couple to but no romance tag forgot series name

i would say this series is implicit Yuri, they imply hint of Yuri relationship possibility but its possible its bait

but this is 1series that should have gone Yuri or Yuri harem, this would have made it more interesting
Sugram22May 20, 2022 2:13 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Jun 26, 2021

121 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

62 by blitzepidemic »»
Feb 16, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2021

81 by Jae_is_Here »»
Jan 12, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

74 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 10, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

118 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 9, 3:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.