Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it all came down to this, the big grand performance of all the idols. All the hard work aimed for this episode's performance.

Not going to lie, I think they put quite an effort into this episode, at least in terms of the human emotions. They've stepped onto that stage not just to prove themselves but also to entertain the world.

A lot of passion in those voices in the finale and some tears shed from the cast.
Mar 28, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Time to give their all: the lonewolf's talent agency internal final battle performamce between Sunny Peace and Moon Tempest.

The most dramatic finale ever: instead of one group only being the winner due to a draw, give both groups the Winner position, to fulfill the final wishes of Mana.

The closure between Makino and Mana relationship is closed with tears of sadness and joy, and seal that final moment with a kiss to disappear in the style of Anohana.

An OK finale, but as a whole, it's refreshing for an idol show to commit to this project which has been in production for a year.
KANLen09Mar 28, 2021 10:12 AM
Mar 28, 2021 8:57 AM
Dec 2012
When Idoly Pride episode 1 aired, i just accidentally watched it and damn, no regrets.

Easily the best idol anime i have ever seen.
This project has a very high production value & i'm also looking to play the game
Mar 28, 2021 9:21 AM
Jan 2021
I have told you all in review that Idoly Pride also can be watched by the audiences like Puella Magi Madoka Magica or Wonder Egg Priority, and I have mentioned the mix-genre story concept that are used both by Wonder Egg Priority and Idoly Pride.

Today, I can assure to you that Idoly Pride isn't just an idol anime with supernatural and fantasy setting; it's actually also included a truly nearly-fantasy romance story (because it's impossible to see romance story between an idol and her manager in real life). In contrast to the producer concept in other idol anime, we can see how Makino as manager actually manages Hoshimi Production, Sunny Peace, and Tsuki no Tempest, with "fully romance-based thoughts."

I have some jokes about this: Kotono and Sakura get the most attention from Makino as manager, instead of Narumiya Suzu, for example (with Ooto Ai of WEP's seiyuu here), not just because Sakura does have a voice like Mana, with a Mana's heart that was transplanted in her body, or Kotono who is a hard worker and has a cool character, Besides Kotono, it is indeed Mana's younger brother who has been entrusted by Mana to Makino to make her dream come true.

More than that ....

Makino does this with all his heart because indeed Makino and Mana are lovers (this is also complemented by the story in the manga webtoon), and Makino does this all because of his pure love (and maybe Mana's pure love too to Makino when she was still alive).

This is a tough story, actually, because in real life, there are still any stereotypes about romance life of idols. I really feel like an anime adapted from a novel, very beautiful, and full of moral messages and social criticism.

Thank you, Idoly Pride! Thank you for being a representative of any idols' aspirations!
Mar 28, 2021 9:56 AM

Feb 2019
“I’m glad I fell in love with you” “I wish I could kiss you” FUCK MAN, with Kotono’s song in the background I broke down. We all knew it was coming since the first time we saw Mana’s ghost, but it doesn’t make it any easier. I’m so glad Mana and Makino got to convey their feelings at the end

Tsukino tempest song was definitely the better of the two in both rounds for me, but I think the dual winner concept was cool too. This was such a great show man, easily the best idol show of the past year, yes including Nijigaku. I’m looking forward to the future of the multimedia project and the upcoming game.
Mar 28, 2021 10:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Being able to sing on the finals after breaking through the countless trials that preceded it really is a different feeling altogether. So they went for their debut singles for their finals huh. Even though they started off as the lowest ranking groups within the grand prix to reach the finals together really was an impressive achievement. Though it was a draw the results was perhaps the best result possible for them all. Mana's words to Makino as well as that kiss really showed just how much she valued him both as a friend and as her manager and made her vanish even more sad. The last joint performance of the two groups really was impressive. Nice of the last two members of Liznoir make their long delayed entry. Overall an excellent finale that managed to end the series on a high note and give the best ending possible for both groups. Curious at whether will be another series that shows what will happen to the girls after though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2021 10:20 AM

Sep 2019
It was a very depressing episode. Mana and Manager's last talk felt like they were repeating that one scene from Anohana word to word but it was still sad. I loved Moon Tempest's song at the start of this episode and the final performance.

I hated Idoly Pride when I watched the first episode, the plot seemed dumb and unnecessary. It became better by each episode. The dance animations were amazing, it was one of the best looking dances in anime I've ever seen. Their 2D/CG mix wasn't good in the performances but I didn't mind it. It was a pretty good show.
Mar 28, 2021 10:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't even understand why the final episode was that good, I didn't expect that but actually the scene with Mana was very emotional and made me feel sad, the draw thing with both team winning was pretty easy from this show though, but it's better than what I expected with Moon Tempest winning and then Mana disappearing while seeing her sister fulfilling her dream.
Nice that we had manager x mana kiss but too bad that it isn't a real one, I wish she wasn't a ghost for that scene.
Mar 28, 2021 10:33 AM

Apr 2014
This might be the best outcome for the Venus Program. Both Tsuki no Tempest and Sunny Peace are the winner. But, in my opinion, there should have a clear winner.
The moments between Mana and Makino were very sad, especially when Kotono sang "song for you". And, it became the saddest when Mana told her feeling to Makino and start to disappear. This was too sad. Mana doesn't deserve this kind of destiny.

I am looking forward to the future project of Idoly Pride.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 28, 2021 10:45 AM

Oct 2017
So they went with the safe route and made both Moon Tempest and Sunny Peace the winners, fine I guess. Thou tbh I wanted to see a clear winner between them. Mana's final moments were really emotional, I teared up a bit during that scene.

Decent idol anime overall, the songs were okay.
Mar 28, 2021 10:46 AM
Jul 2017
I thought to myself a few weeks ago that they might just make it so that the final battle would tie.
And what do you know?
That was the most predicable ending I've ever seen.
Mar 28, 2021 10:51 AM

Feb 2020
So that's all, huh.

Glad that Mana and Makino got their closure; very pleased to see them make up. On another note, I didn't mind them reusing the old songs, and I actually quite like that they did. Also much happy to see Kotono being able to sing Mana's song.

Definitely enjoyed this anime, despite the slow start. For my first idol anime, this was quite the shocker. Lerche did well to animate the series, and only improved as the story went on.

Though the ending does feel conclusive, I can't help but feel like we might get a sequel, or at least a side story of some sort. Too much effort put into this series for a single cour...

Solid 8 or 8.5/10 for me.

Mar 28, 2021 10:54 AM

May 2018
rest in peace again Mana-san T_T ... at least we got a ghost kiss! Makino better start investing into ghost girls now

6/10
Mar 28, 2021 11:09 AM
Dec 2019
I probably can't express my feelings about the episode rn. Why I'm crying although it's a happy ending? 😭
Mar 28, 2021 11:32 AM
May 2011
The draw was cheesy, but everything after that - the culmination of Mana and Kotono's story - was beautiful. They start off with a very close sisterly relationship, but after Mana becomes an idol, they spend less and less time together. Kotono ultimately resents Mana and her career. Mana writes a song dedicated to her sister that she plans to sing at the finals, on Kotono's birthday, and asks her to watch her performance. They never see each other again. Three years later, on her birthday and the anniversary of her sister's death, Kotono stands on the stage her sister never got a chance to, and sings that very song after winning the finals. Mana's ghost can finally move on after saying goodbye to the man she loves. So good. 10/10
Mar 28, 2021 11:43 AM

Oct 2015
Marinate1016 said:
“I’m glad I fell in love with you” “I wish I could kiss you” FUCK MAN, with Kotono’s song in the background I broke down. We all knew it was coming since the first time we saw Mana’s ghost, but it doesn’t make it any easier. I’m so glad Mana and Makino got to convey their feelings at the end.

Yup we all saw it coming but it didnt hurt any less since it was executed so flawlessly, truly hands down to the ppl in charge of this project. This show was just much more then only your typical idol stuff. Really gonna miss Mana&Makino even though it was heartbreaking and yet beautiful relationship aswell.
Mar 28, 2021 12:59 PM

May 2020
No regrets about watching this, every part of the anime, from the animation to characters and music, everything was soo good.

Those last lines between Makino and Mana were heartwarming, I almost shred a tear. I wish they were a couple but shit happens and Makino has to move on, he has a lot of great girls to take care of.

The draw was kinda logical so nothing to say there. Watching bot TRYNiTAIL and LizNoir watching them and enjoying the performance was also pretty good.

Such a nice time watching these.
Mar 28, 2021 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
8.5/10
The best idol series since first Idolm@ster.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 28, 2021 1:57 PM

Apr 2019
rip mana, great performances from both groups in the end. music didn't really suit my tastes all that much, but trinityaile (trysail) had some good damn stuff. certainly an unique idol anime.

Mar 28, 2021 2:17 PM

Nov 2019
This finale was AMAZING!

- Mana finally telling Makino she likes him and they kiss (finally-)
- The girls getting a draw
- Kotono singing her sisters song
- Mana moves on

I would write more, but my brain is full of key-smashes thanks to the bitter-sweetness

I'm sure I'll be missing this series next season (especially since there seems to be no idol anime airing then) TTvTT. The ride was wonderful, I'm definitely down for that game!

9.5/10
Mar 28, 2021 2:27 PM
Dec 2020
What a way to end it! Im not much of a fan of the whole "draw" situation, it was pretty predictable, but I also understand that it was the better option, any other ending wouldn't have made it. As for Makino's and Mana's story, it really made me cry. It was so well executed that it made up for all the other things I didn't like during the series."Song for you" is such a wonderful and emotional song, I would have been happy with the episode ending there in that scene
Mar 28, 2021 2:45 PM
Sep 2020
The best idol movie animation that i've ever watched it. Thanks for idoly pride who already company me in my relax time. Hope that this anime can have the second season. Thanks to lerche studio and funimation who already produce this anime very well. I really touched by this idol story. All particle are in here. Good music, good performance, happy and sad feeling, feeling after loosing someone who very loved and many more. Good graphics also be the best part from this anime. 100% like for me from my deepest heart. Success for lerche studio and funimation.
Mar 28, 2021 4:02 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am not crying, i am not crying. I just sad its already over TT.

Oh wow, what an emotional finale. The draw was expected and pretty understandable. They really need to end it with a bang by standing there together. My eyes got watery all of a sudden xd. Such a very good end, no bad shit, just let them flows the feeling through all of their songs. Full-fledged manager Makino also got a boosted up development there, saying the farewell was always hard, especially when its come to your beloved one.

So thats it! The final saga, even if its mean the beginning of their long road. Lets them started it with a proper good-bye from their one and only idol, Mana Nagase, the ghost. Refreshing idea of the idol show is always welcomed on my list. So yeah, this one get the love they deserved from me.

Easy 8/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 28, 2021 4:28 PM

Jan 2010
Beside the "unexpected result" this was great. Finally kotono got her solo and even better it was with the confession of love of mana, it was really beautiful.

7/10
Mar 28, 2021 4:41 PM

Dec 2015
The draw was expected nonetheless very emotional final episode. I had so much fun watching this anime.
Mar 28, 2021 5:01 PM
Aug 2019
What a good surprise, the anime deserves more attention, good animation, good characters and awesome songs.
The end was so sad, i fell very bad after heard Song For You in that final moment :'v
I almost cry like in the end of Tasogare Otome x amnesia
crisxxx000Mar 28, 2021 5:08 PM
Mar 28, 2021 5:55 PM

Aug 2020
What a successful idol show. Love it from the start to the end! What a journey, it looks like they put all their best in episode 12, it was awesome.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 28, 2021 6:30 PM
Apr 2020
Just a few words about this episode: Speechless ...!

Hehe, magnificent episode, the truth is that the last 4 chapters have been wonderful, which I appreciate, I had lost the rhythm of the series from episode 2 to 8, but the last 4 reminded me again of episode 1, which I loved .

Especially this last episode which is my favorite, the animation and direction were quite good, they managed to use as little 3DCG as possible and they delighted us with scenes in the very well animated 2D presentations. The choreography is also very good.

And finally, the goodbye of Mana and Makino ... I couldn't help crying, I knew from the beginning that there was a certain chemistry between them, and Ahhhh, I loved it! God, the kiss.
Mar 28, 2021 6:55 PM

Jan 2020
A great finale to wrap up the series with an amazing performance. Everything that was playing while the credits were happening at the end was sweet.

Mar 28, 2021 7:04 PM

Mar 2014
group members and their duels are pretty underwhelming. the only thing that's left impact is the relationship between mana and makino.
Mar 28, 2021 8:13 PM

Aug 2014
I'm so glad I stuck to the show till the end, else I wouldn't have seen the beautiful confession scene.

What a ride.
Mar 28, 2021 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
pretty cool final episodes and performances, although i wasn't really a fan, it was quite a unique idol anime. overall was quite alright, not really anything special imo, i'd say a 2-3/10.
Mar 28, 2021 8:21 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Almost cried in the end, good anime, i would rate 7 before this episode, but now its 8.
Really good ending.
lucio54Aug 24, 2023 12:14 PM
Mar 28, 2021 8:24 PM
Jan 2020
Ending yang sangat mantab!
Mar 28, 2021 9:12 PM
Jan 2021
Despite intuiting what would happen, I was not prepared and as if that were not enough, the way they said goodbye was so sad that I couldn't help crying. "I'm glad I fell in love with you",dude that broke my heart. Really It is not a simple anime of Idols they went further and made it
Mar 28, 2021 10:14 PM
Aug 2019
Well, we can see the result already when the two teams won against more stronger teams from episode 10 and 11 that they will get draw at finals.
Mar 29, 2021 12:38 AM

Jul 2020
I knew it was coming but damn Mana disappearing was still sad.
While I would've liked there to be a clear winner, tie was alright too I guess
Watched the first episode basically by accident cus I was bored on a Sunday, but ended up getting pretty attached. Gonna miss this show.
Mar 29, 2021 7:40 AM

Aug 2019
I expected the idol battle to be a draw, and turned out it is. Lerche did a good job animating it.

Makino and Mana moment was very emotional, broke me and made me cry, we expected this to happen but im really happy for the flawless execution of it. And the kiss was a perfect way to end it. God! I love it! Still sad though.
Mar 29, 2021 5:08 PM
Jun 2013
Decent ending to a decent show. I wish they didn't take the cop-out draw route though. I was hoping for Sunny Peace to win.
Mar 29, 2021 9:35 PM
Dec 2018
Nothing really special about this anime its just the same typical idol and Mana being around as a ghost is ridiculous to me. 5/10
Mar 30, 2021 12:19 AM

Sep 2011
This was such a good idol show. I ended up in tears at the end. The music was wonderful and I would love to hear more songs from Moon Tempest and Sunny Peace.
I want to sleep...
Mar 30, 2021 10:06 AM

Jun 2016
yoo who put some union in this episode LMAO !!!
the ending is pretty good , since beginning i knew it this series is interesting !!

look at that score now , i still remembered the score since eps 1 is below 6.5 !!
Mar 30, 2021 6:35 PM

Jul 2015
My heart is broken, we knew that finale was coming but I still wasn't ready for it.

When I first started following the Idoly Pride project (around a year before the anime started) I thought this would be an idol drama based on the big struggles the characters would go through in their way to reach the top, but the true emotions ended up coming from a beautiful love story between our great manager and the legendary idol that tragically died before reaching her dream, really beautiful work.

I'm definitely gonna check out the game when it comes out, the anime did a great job at making me want more of this lovely cast.
Mar 30, 2021 7:01 PM

Aug 2015
MetaThPr4h said:
My heart is broken, we knew that finale was coming but I still wasn't ready for it.

When I first started following the Idoly Pride project (around a year before the anime started) I thought this would be an idol drama based on the big struggles the characters would go through in their way to reach the top, but the true emotions ended up coming from a beautiful love story between our great manager and the legendary idol that tragically died before reaching her dream, really beautiful work.

I'm definitely gonna check out the game when it comes out, the anime did a great job at making me want more of this lovely cast.

https://dwa.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/03/30/004259

I think you'd appreciate reading this literary analysis of the last episode from a Japanese viewer.
Mar 30, 2021 7:45 PM

Jul 2015
TheKillerAngel said:

I think you'd appreciate reading this literary analysis of the last episode from a Japanese viewer.

I sure did, thank you so much for sharing! Cultured writer even agrees with me that Mei is the cutest haha, loved her character so much.
Mar 31, 2021 8:01 PM

Jul 2013
What a cowardly cop out. I'd have thought about giving this a decent 7 but the fact that the two groups ended up winning is just lame.

5/10
Mar 31, 2021 11:36 PM

Mar 2008
A decent idol show. I can definitely say I haven't been a fan of the catalyst for the show since the beginning. Dead ghost idol girls are not my happy place. It definitely ended with a pretty sad farewell for Makino. It sits in the 6/7 range for me.
Apr 1, 2021 1:23 AM

May 2010
I'm not crying you're crying
Apr 2, 2021 3:17 PM
May 2020
this episode makes me cry 😭
Apr 2, 2021 11:45 PM

Oct 2007
Overall, it was good. The tie was meh... but ok, I can see why.

Honestly, all along while watching the season go by, I was really hoping to see trysail vs sphere. 😕

I hope S2 leads to that. Otherwise, yeah, it was ok.

Talentz
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

30 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:32 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 14, 2021

34 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 14, 2023 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.