Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2021 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This finale is pretty badass. Got to see Nobara kick ass with her abilities along with Yuji. Even being affected by the curse, I like how Nobara managed to turn the tide of the fight.

Those Curse Brothers are no pushovers either. Obviously the grand threat of the Curses isn't over even after the fight this episode.

I'm quite satisfied from this season though, especially for the first half. 8/10.

Movie announced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF6VRxvolm0
Mar 26, 2021 10:08 AM

Apr 2020
Last episode!

Yuji ran very fast, lmao. Nobara injured herself so that her enemies also felt the pain, nice move.

Yuji said "sorry" when he killed Esou, what a good mc

This anime, every battle scene never disappoints me, overall 9/10

They look dope!
Mar 26, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2017
Yuuji and Nobara facing against the Curse Brothers Eso and Kechizu (with a little hint of Choso), they are definitely no pushovers. But when it comes to the Jujutsu techniques, the Jujutsu sorcerers have more stronghold against the both of them.

BUT HOLY HELL did MAPPA went in full 200% on this one for the finale, and it SPARKS with the Yuuji X Nobara pair of insane crazy, batshit Jujutsu power magnitude.

Glad that Megumi is still alive after all of this ordeal with the usual comedy. And with that, ends the Origin of Obedience arc.

But man...WHAT. A. SHOW. A 7/10 story with 1000/10 quality of a 10/10 outstanding adaptation of Gege Akutami's phenomenal manga.
THANK YOU MAPPA and Park Sung-Hoo's production team to bring us yet another Shounen masterpiece.

Of course, it's a movie adapting the prequel manga: Jujutsu Kaisen Zero. Looking forward to it when it comes!

https://twitter.com/animejujutsu/status/1375494601784532992
KANLen09Mar 26, 2021 12:46 PM
Mar 26, 2021 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
A true 10/10 adaptation of the manga. Elevated the earlier arcs of the story, which are by far the weakest, with great animation and voice acting. The only thing that wasnt a homerun in season 1 of JJK to me was the soundtrack which was lackluster at times, but there were still some decent tracks in there. Overall MAPPA knocked it out of the park and I’m extremely hyped for volume 0’s movie adaptation and season 2 which will adapt Hidden Inventory & Shibuya Incident. If we keep this quality for next season of JJK, it will solidify itself as one of the best ongoing shounen.

This episode was up there with the best of them from this season. Nobara & Yuji’s 2v2 was so clean.

And we finally get a peek of best aniki Choso with heavy eye bags. He needs some sleep after losing two of his brothers.
Mar 26, 2021 10:18 AM

Jun 2019
Great job, MAPPA on the show. Really enjoyed it. Amazing animation, amazing story, amazing action. Everything fits perfectly.
From the episode's perspective, the episode was so awesome, everyone looked great. Nobara got some action as well. Yuuji and Megumi were looking badass.
I had a lot of fun watching this show.
Mar 26, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2011
What a way to end the season, that was amazing. Totally Nobara's episode. They adapted this flawless, the BF scene was completly different from my experience on it thru the manga, they are both amazing in their own way. (esp bc of the narration)
Mar 26, 2021 10:33 AM

Nov 2016
So the rumors regarding a prequel movie have been confirmed, noice.

+1 to this being an outstanding adaptation exceeding all expectations. I liked the manga well enough, but it's due to the anime that this has become one of my favorites.

I'm looking forward to future seasons and hope the TV anime can keep up this level of quality for a certain upcoming arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2021 10:46 AM

Jan 2018
Lmao is this episode going to be botted with 1/5 like rezero's last episode ????
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Mar 26, 2021 10:48 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Oof, the poll-botting's affecting this episode too.

Great final episode to a very good series. It's cool to see Yuji and Nobara shine a little before the anime ends. After all, Megumi already got his hype moment last episode. I thought the manga content was alright, but the adaptation really elevated the material. I do think the comic timing's a lot better in the manga than it is in the anime, but action/dramatic moments are far better in the anime.

Hopefully it gets a 2-cour second season, because one upcoming arc has been great from beginning to end. Can't wait to see that animated! In the meantime, I can live with a volume 0 movie adaptation. It'll definitely make certain moments from a potential second season to be even more hype!

7/10
Mar 26, 2021 10:53 AM

Apr 2020
I'm just happy this isn't another anime with super high score that I just wouldn't understand why or how it is so praised aside from godlike animation.

10/10 This is a classic battle shounen done right. Hype for the movie.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 26, 2021 10:56 AM
Mar 2018
Wtf is with the poll botting? First, Re zero got it and now JJK? Bruh...

Hey mods, you gonna do something about this? The same thing happened to Re zero as well...

EDIT: Huh, even other anime this season (like Dr Stone) got botted as well. Wtf is happening.
F9sMar 26, 2021 11:09 AM
Mar 26, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
SoukaTheReal said:
Lmao is this episode going to be botted with 1/5 like rezero's last episode ????

Or the episode wasn't as good as you think? You realize there are people with a different view.
Mar 26, 2021 11:00 AM

Oct 2018
Nycro said:
SoukaTheReal said:

Or the episode wasn't as good as you think? You realize there are people with a different view.

Oh shut up, it's more than obvious these are bots, not valid opinion of existing people, just think a little.

Same thing happened to Re:Zero's last episode. Seems like someone is botting last episodes?
Mar 26, 2021 11:03 AM

Jan 2021
Wtf? 30 people voted 1/1??? Are the moderators here sleeping?
Mar 26, 2021 11:03 AM

Jan 2018
Nycro said:
SoukaTheReal said:

WOAH dude you're so cool
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Mar 26, 2021 11:06 AM

Jan 2015
Re:Zero, Dr.Stone, Yuru Camp and now also Jujutsu Kaisen. Good job bots smh
Mar 26, 2021 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
This was quite an epic finale, MAPPA went all out as usual. The battle scenes were insane. Nobara my girl stole the show this time around, loved her in this episode.

A great adaptation by studio MAPPA, the production value of this anime was rock solid. Looking forward to the movie.
Mar 26, 2021 11:14 AM

Nov 2014
ALL HAIL QUEEN NOBARA!!!

They didn't include the narration during the black flash scene but both Nobara and Yuji did a black flash.

38 hated it? why are y'all trying so hard?
Great conclusion. I'm so glad they didn't rush it. The pace is perfect.
What's with the weird reddish purple eyeshadow on Choso though??? And his voice is a lot deeper than I expected.. kinda disappointed :(
ttcchenMar 26, 2021 11:23 PM
Mar 26, 2021 11:15 AM

Sep 2018
F9s said:
Wtf is with the poll botting? First, Re zero got it and now JJK? Bruh...

Hey mods, you gonna do something about this? The same thing happened to Re zero as well...

EDIT: Huh, even other anime this season (like Dr Stone) got botted as well. Wtf is happening.
Same with Dr Stone, next is Shingeki no Kyojin in guessing
I keep moving forward
Mar 26, 2021 11:16 AM

Dec 2020
Can we all appreciate just how good that animation was in the fight with nobara and yuji.
Finally got nobara his appearance i was so hyped and we saw chojo 😍10/10
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Mar 26, 2021 11:18 AM

Jul 2017
I hated this show a lot and not going to miss it one bit, but the bot thing is so ridiculous and petty with targeting Re:Zero, Yuru Camp and now this. What's even happening.
Mar 26, 2021 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
ttcchen said:
What's with the weird reddish purple eyeshadow on Choso though??? And his voice is a lot deeper than I expected.. kinda disappointed :(
He’s 150 years old and just woke up, he had eyebags in the manga too.

I agree that he doesn’t sound like what I envisioned, but since it’s Hisoka’s VA it can only mean great things for when he gets more dialogue.
Mar 26, 2021 11:21 AM

Feb 2019
Lol 43 people voted this ep 1 out of 5 on MAL. Everyone knows I hate shonen but you’re capping off you give this finale anything below a 5. MAPPA absolutely surpassed any type of expectations I’d had for that final fight/black flash today.

This was nothing short of a 10/10 adaptation of the manga, if anything the job MAPPA did was beyond a 10, because the story of this part of the manga was like an 8/8.5, but the way they brought it to life in the anime was a masterpiece. JJK 0 anime movie announced and with how the manga’s doing according to Oricon I see season 2 coming VERY soon.
Mar 26, 2021 11:23 AM
Jan 2021
HOLY SHIT NOBARA GOT SO BADASS!!

I was freaking out over Megumi, but Nobara got me just as hyped. This episode was amazing! I'm really excited for more, but since there probably won't be for a while I'll read the manga for now😳
Mar 26, 2021 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
animejas said:
I hated this show a lot and not going to miss it one bit, but the bot thing is so ridiculous and petty with targeting Re:Zero, Yuru Camp and now this. What's even happening.

I don't get those kind of people. They know from the start that they won't like the show yet they binge through all 24 episodes? Comedy.
Mar 26, 2021 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
That fight was great and epic. Much like the song that was with it. I'm gonna have to look for the song name honestly, cause will have to give it a listen a fair number of times.
Mar 26, 2021 11:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yuuji and Nobara were great during this fight, the animation impressive as always, well I didn't really like the story overall not gonna lie but at least the anime was still enjoyable thanks to the direction and animation that were for sure outstanding!

Jul 2012
Itadori and Kugisaki with the great teamwork again. I liked how things ended for this season. Story and characters were interesting. Going to be waiting for the next season.

Jul 2020
WHAT A BRILLIANT EPISODE! Had me smiling like a kid throughout it! Hats off!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 26, 2021 11:27 AM
Nov 2020
It was beautifully done
Mar 26, 2021 11:28 AM

Jul 2020
So goddamn great!!! I'm excited for the movie. The animation is top tier.
Mar 26, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2012
TO BE CONTINUED

Don't do this, don't give me hope!
Mar 26, 2021 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode. Nobara stole the show. She really went all out. And Itadori as well. They both outdid themselves. Now, along with Fushiguro, all three may become first grade.

Sukuna eating that finger out of nowhere was hilarious. They just had to add some comedy at that moment. XD

Overall, it was a great show and I'll definitely check out the manga sooner than later. I'll be looking forward to the prequel movie.

Mar 26, 2021 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
there it is the Double Black Flash of Yuji and Nobara, it was nicely animated
Mar 26, 2021 11:30 AM

Aug 2019
times like this I wish MAL had a decimal in place for their scoring system, because while this show isn’t a flat 6 I don’t think it deserves a 7
Mar 26, 2021 11:32 AM
Feb 2017
This episode was just amazing. Although I felt that Nobara's technique felt much more badass in the manga. Still loved and enjoyed her sequence the most. Choso appeared!! Can't wait to see more of him in the Shibuya arc.

Kinda sad that no more jjk fridays until the next season gets announced which I have a feeling would be next to next year since MAPPA has just too much workload :/
Mar 26, 2021 11:33 AM
Jun 2015
For me, Jujutsu Kaisen started out incredibly strong, but then stumbled for a long time. The way it handled its comedy annoyed me, and I felt that some of its characters and fights were of little consequence, or were thinly supported. It dropped the nuanced take on death for a long time in favor of action and comedy that didn't mesh with me (I am still angry that they just hand-waved Itadori's fake death reveal). It also suffered from too much technique exposition.

However, these last four or five episodes were a nice return to form. It had the most meaningful action scenes since the beginning of the series, comedy that really worked, and had the quiet character moments and world-building that was absent for a good portion of the show's middle portion.

This season was good overall. Assuming we get a season two at some point, I hope it will continue on in this trajectory. 7/10

Nov 2012
A pretty standard (but good) shounen anime carried by some great production values and a really likeable overall cast 7/10.

That said, I don't think the show warrants higher than that. It's a good show but relative to many other shows I've completed I don't personally consider it anything above a 7/10.

I look forward to the sequel and hope the series continues to improve.
Oct 2016
Talk about a banger to end the first season!! Whoa man that fight against the death paintings really encapsulated how amazing the whole show has been. We've sadly reached the end of Jujutsu Friday's but it was absolutely incredible these past six months! I'm beyond happy with the adaptation we got from MAPPA. They did such a good job bring Gege story to animation with this show. Jujutsu Kaisen is hard to put into words how much I loved this anime, the manga is exceptional and now its been shown to the world for how great it is. Just like situ demon slayer before it the amount of popularity with this series has skyrocketed after people witness the anime. I'm so glad for that. This series has everything you could want in my opinion, great characters, fights that make your eyes go wide from excitement, intense conflict, emotional beats that hit in the feels, thought provoking dialogue. Its really one of the best new series we could ask for from shonen jump. I'm simply blown away by how great the anime was put together. I have to say thank you again to MAPPA for how amazing it all was. Every aspect of the show lands, its hard to nitpick flaws for me. Its been a while ride with this awesome crew, Yuji, Megumi, Nobara, Gojo, Nanami, Maki, Panda, Todo, Junpei, all of them really show how good the character writing in this series is. On top of how jaw dropping each fight looked animated, on top of how engaging every moment was. Simply one of the best anime you could see.

98/100

May 2015
Nycro said:
SoukaTheReal said:

It must be fun lying over a screen

Mar 26, 2021 11:35 AM
Oct 2016
Nycro said:
SoukaTheReal said:

GTFO dumb dumb Dumb
Mar 26, 2021 11:36 AM

Jun 2014
Holy fuck, how did I start the episode and then next thing I know, the ED was already playing?!?! This episode quite literally felt like it was 5 minutes long. And as expected, this finale was a lit fucking BANGER. MAPPA did an amazing job with this show. Each arc was interesting and fun to watch/follow, and of course the action sequences had such consistently great animation across the whole season. This is why these long-running shounen manga need to all be seasonal. Getting episodes week after week for god knows how long is nice, but I'd rather have short, fire seasons with breaks in between instead of a single series thats hundreds of episodes long. Plus it lessens the risk of getting too close to the manga. Great show, and I'm gonna miss it. Fridays are gonna have a void now lol. Looking forward to the movie and I'm sure an eventual S2!!!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 26, 2021 11:36 AM
Oct 2016
Ok now I got two things:

1. These bots have got to gooooooooo!!!! Like wtf are the admins just complacent or what??? Like what are y'all doing letting this happen?!?!? Where are the admins????

2. Anyone ragging on this show even calling it a 7 are blind as a bat. Like holy hell you did not just watch this show and give it a 7. Like damn get over yourself
Mar 26, 2021 11:37 AM
Sep 2015
The studio is doing the best they can in this final episode, including syncing the animation with music, which is very hard to do for TV anime. But I've to say that this point of story is not a perfect place to end the season, enemies are too weak, and nothing big resolved or revealed. Maybe they try to rely on the fact that trio half-demon brothers have heart, but that emotion doesn't resonate with me.

24 episodes seem like 12 episodes to me, which can be both good thing and bad thing.
Mar 26, 2021 11:39 AM

Aug 2011
Bots voting again, why am I not surprised? It seems like some people have a lot of free time on their hands.
Anyway this was a great final episode. Perfect ending to the season. Looking forward to the upcoming movie.
Mar 26, 2021 11:40 AM
May 2020
What were they talking about at the end? Megumi and Nobara were talking about keeping something from Yuuji? And yuuji was talking with sukuna about keeping a secret. I wasn’t following that. Also what was the deal with the drinking party?
Mar 26, 2021 11:42 AM

Aug 2020
What a show, it was a flawless piece of work. 8/10 Looking forward to the next season.
Mar 26, 2021 11:42 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Man, the fighting scenes in this episode and season overall were just so well animated. From the movement of every character to the impact of every shot and the music on top of all that. Too bad the CR awards were too early for them to be taken into account (not that they matter either way).

As a side note, I have to commend the fact that it is a shonnen with a lot of memorable and personality filled characters that contribute in their own way to the plot. Itadori seems like a pretty cool guy I'd hang out with while the others don't fall too far behind either.

I wonder what the movie will tell us and how the continuation is going to develop from here. Apparently there's an arc later that's pretty damn good the expectations are high... cautiously high.

PS: Hi annoying poll bots.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 26, 2021 11:44 AM

Nov 2014
Sourire said:
ttcchen said:
He’s 150 years old and just woke up, he had eyebags in the manga too.

I agree that he doesn’t sound like what I envisioned, but since it’s Hisoka’s VA it can only mean great things for when he gets more dialogue.
Hisoka's VA is amazing but Hisoka and Choso's personality are completely different so idk if having Hisoka's VA voicing Choso is a guarantee that it'll be great. I sure hope though.

Also, that eyebag scene is only in his debut. If you check all his panels afterwards, he either don't have it at all or only has dark circles underneath his eyes. Yet, Mappa not only give him reddish purple eyeshadow but made it envelop his whole eye like he got a black eye or something :( I'm disappointed but I'm glad they at least didn't fuck up anything else. Can't wait to see more of him in season 2 and hopefully he doesn't look that beat up later on.
Mar 26, 2021 11:44 AM

May 2017
Plofchan said:
What were they talking about at the end? Megumi and Nobara were talking about keeping something from Yuuji? And yuuji was talking with sukuna about keeping a secret. I wasn’t following that. Also what was the deal with the drinking party?

They were talking about the fact that when Yuuji ingested the first Sukuna finger, he awoke all the other curses that were linked to Sukuna, which is heavy information.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.