Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2021 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah interesting, we've reached the Death Painting arc featuring mysterious deaths and also the possible involvement of a girl named Tsumiki.

Interesting episode imo since they made the case look sound so eerie. Oh and having Mahito reappear again made the episode creepier too. What a sicko. I like how the episode added some moments of humor between the cast. They have such amusing chemistry in this show LOL. Pretty interesting episode.
Mar 12, 2021 9:04 AM

Jul 2020
According to Executive Producer Park Seong Hoo, the last 3 episode series composition will take a stance of movie. That's why these three are going to be little different from the previous ones, since it gives a little bit of horror and thriller vibe unlike shonen-like vibes they've given so far. For me, today's episode was a success and it never failed me even one moment.

Also, the background music has gotten much better this episode. Probably think it's because it has gotten more dramatic scenes than the fighting episodes, and I think it made me focus to the context and the scenes better. Especially the scene where Fushiguro talks to Ijichi and others was top notch. Even the art was slightly improved than the previous episodes, which I think this ep was one of the best animated episodes that doesn't have fighting involved. Wonder how you feel about it.

Can't believe we only have 2 more episodes left. Oh no, how am I gonna live if JJK is over.

Last will be new best girl Nitta

Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Mar 12, 2021 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
Start of the best arc of season 1 (Origin of Obedience/Death Painting) which will only last 3 episodes total. This episode only adapted 2 chapters meaning that we’re most likely ending this season with chapter 63. I expect a really good end to this season considering this is Gege’s favorite arc. Bless us MAPPA.

Good setup episode for the upcoming craziness involving our trio. Glad we are getting the eerie darker themes back in JJK.

I cannot believe that MAPPA teased Choso with the character design release a few days ago but didn’t actually show him in this episode or the preview for next week’s episode. I want to see him :(

Next week is going to be so hype.
Mar 12, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2021
Were right back into the action in this one and as always I'm never disappointed at any of the episodes Jujutsu Kaisen has put out, I do wonder if this arc will be left on a cliffhanger or wrapped up in the next 2 episodes
Mar 12, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2020
Bit more of fushi's background is nice, the comedy was also on point with the jabs this episode! Seems like after that breather episode we're going right back to action but I'm not complaining!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 12, 2021 11:00 AM

Nov 2014
Sourire said:
I cannot believe that MAPPA teased Choso with the character design release a few days ago but didn’t actually show him in this episode or the preview for next week’s episode. I want to see him :(

well we won't see him until
so that's like episode 23 or 24-ish. I'm excited to see him as well. He's my favorite villain of JJK xD

we know the middle one is Kechizu. i wonder if there's a way to determine Choso and Eso from the remaining two...

Mar 12, 2021 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
oh wow this new arc seems pretty interesting, nice buildup and stuff and cant wait to see some battles next episode. also, learning some more about fushigoro's backstory and stuff so thats cool too.
Mar 12, 2021 11:05 AM

Nov 2016
So far so good, expecting this arc to blow me away once again. This season gotta end with a bang.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 12, 2021 11:10 AM

Jul 2017
The start to a new arc: the Origin of Obedience/Death Painting

And another new character: assistant Nitta Akari. Similar to the "Small Fry and Reverse Retribution" arc with Junpei and the murdered students, Megumi gets the spotlight in this arc for his past relations. HEH Yuuji and Nobara sure had fun teasing Megumi for all the shit he went through. Problem children are these delinquents, though not as bad as Megumi.

For all this while, little is revealed about Megumi, other than we got someone else: his older sister Tsumiki, who's involved in this Yasohachi Bridge happening as well. But no matter what, Megumi always has Yuuji and Nobara supporting him, which is great.

Hype for the final stretch of the season for this arc.
Mar 12, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2013
DanteDeshima said:
Were right back into the action in this one and as always I'm never disappointed at any of the episodes Jujutsu Kaisen has put out, I do wonder if this arc will be left on a cliffhanger or wrapped up in the next 2 episodes
It will be wrapped up this season. 2 chapters adapted this episode, 3.5 chapters for episode 23 and 3.5 chapters for episode 24. Technically chapter 64 is part of this arc but chapter 63 is a good cutoff point for season 1.
ttcchen said:
Sourire said:

so that's like episode 23 or 24-ish. I'm excited to see him as well. He's my favorite villain of JJK xD
Yeah I thought about it once more and he wont show up until the last episode if I had to take a guess.
Mar 12, 2021 11:13 AM

Jun 2019
A new arc has started. Well animated stuff from MAPPA even if there was no action involved. things have gotten more dramatic. Fushiguro's backstory was nice as well. The things are gonna turn up next episode since only 2 episodes have left in this season. Can't wait for the next week.
Mar 12, 2021 11:14 AM

Feb 2019
Origin of obedience finally here, I don’t remember particularly being in love with this arc, but we know MAPPA have the ability to make even the most average of arcs into something special, so I’m hype. The OST and horror film vibes were nice today. Can’t wait to see Choso.

Based on pacing looks like chapter 63 will be where we end for the season.
Mar 12, 2021 11:20 AM
Aug 2020
It's kinda weird that the anime is starting another arc when it only has 2 episodes left. I guess this arc is going to be short?
Mar 12, 2021 11:24 AM

Jan 2021
Fushigaro High School, they seem to respect him a lot xdd
Ufff, And it ends at the best part, I'm waiting for the next episode (・_・ )
Bingoooo!
Mar 12, 2021 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
Got to learn a bit of Fushiguro which is nice. Was he the leader of all the delinquents? XD
Now I'm curious to learn more about Tsumiki.

We know shit will go down when Mahito is involved. What a creepy guy.

The bungee jump from the bridge reminds me of GTO.

Mar 12, 2021 11:31 AM
Jan 2021
I love the tonal shift in this episode. I'm always a fan of mysteries and the fact that I get to see characters I'm already familiar with solve one is great. Kinda sad that inumaki wasn't on the team but I still loved it
Mar 12, 2021 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
I hope nothing bad happens to Megumi's sis
great episode as always
Mar 12, 2021 11:36 AM

Jun 2015
What the fuck. The quality of this episode was so good it felt like I was watching a movie.
If the next 2 episodes will be just as good then this will be easily the best arc this season.
Mar 12, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2009
there it is the sister of Megumi is in coma and is cursed
Mar 12, 2021 11:41 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
I'm a fan of where this arc is currently being directed.
Mar 12, 2021 11:45 AM

Nov 2020
Now this is more like it. Don't get me wrong, I liked the tournament arc we got with its spectacle and exploration of secondary characters, but it felt like more of a routine shounen then I was expecting coming off the first cour. This mystery/horror angle is more my thing, and this episode did a great job of building up this new case along with exploring Fushigoro more. Plus it's nice seeing the main trio, you know, be a main trio since we haven't had many opportunities for that this season due to the nature of the plot.
Are ya winning, diners?
Mar 12, 2021 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
Nice buildup episode for the final arc of the season. It looks like Fushiguro will be the main character of this arc so that's nice that we'll get more development for him and see him get more time in the spotlight.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 12, 2021 11:50 AM

Jan 2021
Sourire said:
DanteDeshima said:
It will be wrapped up this season. 2 chapters adapted this episode, 3.5 chapters for episode 23 and 3.5 chapters for episode 24. Technically chapter 64 is part of this arc but chapter 63 is a good cutoff point for season 1.
ttcchen said:

Yeah I thought about it once more and he wont show up until the last episode if I had to take a guess.

Ohhh interesting, I can't wait too see what happens next honestly, as a anime only watcher, I'll definitely be reading the manga after this.
Mar 12, 2021 11:51 AM
Feb 2017
One of my favourite arcs!! The music and direction of this episode was so well done. I really love the change in the colour palette with the mood.

The coming sequences will really make the main trio even more lovable.

Mar 12, 2021 12:00 PM
Jan 2021
best girl is the gyoza lady from the Jujutsu Stroll
Mar 12, 2021 12:03 PM

Jun 2019
This episode was kinda scatterbrained with the investigation of the bridge curse, the releasing of a special grade, and learning more about Fushiguro’s past/familial relations.

Wasn’t bad, but definitely not as focused as the previous episodes. The comedy between the trio was at its best in this episode which helped.

So they will fight 2 special grades next episode? Is this trio really that powerful?
Mar 12, 2021 12:05 PM
May 2020
How are Idiot A and B middle schoolers? Excuse me?
Mar 12, 2021 12:07 PM
Mar 2021
Absolutely loved it an the fight scenes
Mar 12, 2021 12:11 PM

Sep 2019
This was a really good start to an arc, got me hyped for the upcoming episodes. I hope nothing bad happens to Megumi's sister.
Mar 12, 2021 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
I really love this anime. i can't believe it's ending in two weeks... but i can finally start the manga after this.

also the fact that i always thought megumi's siter, tsumiki was dead long ago.. so she was just bedridden...pls jjk, don't let anything happen to his sister... pls

anyway is this finally the long awaited megumi arc i wanted??

btw i really love seeing these three together. nobara and yuji making "fun" of megumi and megumi hitting yuji was maybe the best moments in this episode

removed-userMar 12, 2021 12:18 PM
Mar 12, 2021 12:13 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Time for a short arc, why not, seems like we're getting some high-quality fights in the next episode, so it can be definitely interesting.
And I'm especially interested to learn more about Megumi's sister Tsumiki
Mar 12, 2021 12:18 PM

Aug 2020
I would have never expected that Fushiguro beats up degenerates.
Mar 12, 2021 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
DanteDeshima said:
Sourire said:

Ohhh interesting, I can't wait too see what happens next honestly, as a anime only watcher, I'll definitely be reading the manga after this.
I do recommend the manga if you dont mind spoiling yourself before season 2. I was hesitant at first but the use of panels and fight choreography is really top tier in JJK and the following arcs only get better and better.
Mar 12, 2021 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
That was unexpected Fushiguro was naughty. However, he is a good man as always.
I hope his sister is safe. I'm curious truth of incident.
Mar 12, 2021 12:41 PM

Jan 2021
I loved how they gave Fushiguro a bit of a backstory. I hope they continue with their serious plots with comical relief from the characters cause that is what I enjoy most from the show. Mahito is always up to no good.
Mar 12, 2021 12:54 PM

Apr 2015
The final arc of the season kicked off and it's already pretty interesting with Fushiguro in the spotlight, with a curse that involves his sister. Really getting a creepy vibe from this episode and the build up is great.

Honestly, I have missed this trio together. I love how Kugisaki fits in perfectly with the team and I love how in sync she is with Itadori on teasing Fushiguro and behaviour in general. The banter was phenomenal, Fushiguro retaliating as well was funny to see. These guys became one of my favorite trio's for sure!
Mar 12, 2021 12:54 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Itadori and Nobara are so in sync its ridiculous 😂 they sync to teas megumi they make the same faces these two are the ideal bro and sis I've never seen a true bro and sis like these two in all the animes I've seen their chemistry is just too good also megumi making those faces😂 but yeah things getting a bit dark wondering how JJk gonna go out i hope it goes out with a bang when with the end of s1

Mar 12, 2021 12:55 PM

Oct 2019
This is the shit I signed up for! 5/5 episode

Also I was reminded of the behelit when that dude was bleeding from his eyes before being turned into a curse, that was dope.

Mar 12, 2021 1:03 PM

Jan 2018
Nice episode, Itadori, Megumi and Nobara are such a fun trio, it's good to see them back together.
We also got a bit of Megumi's backstory. Who would have tought that he was a delinquent back in middle school xd.
Also that Juju Stroll was pretty funny.
Mar 12, 2021 1:05 PM

Mar 2020
Nice to see the three taking on missions as a team again! Also a nice change of pace to see Fushiguro as the center of attention this arc.
Mar 12, 2021 1:10 PM

Sep 2020
Friday cant come any sooner
Mar 12, 2021 1:21 PM

Oct 2019
The comedy was very on point this episode. Loved seeing the trio just bonding together and being silly. Can't wait for the action next week.
Mar 12, 2021 1:28 PM
Jan 2014
As someone said it, the episodes quality is easily on par with movies. I really loved how dark it felt all over even before the reveal.

Music at the end also got cranked to 15. I can't wait for full OST to drop, this genuinely got some of the best OST's that I've heard in anime overall.
Mar 12, 2021 1:59 PM

Jul 2017
oo finally some Megumi backstory lol. Why is it Uchida Yuuma who always ends up voicing these delinquent characters :P (Ahiru no Sora, Kono Oto Tomare)

ngl though, I think Yuuji Nobara are like perfect together lmao, they operate on the same wavelength
Mar 12, 2021 2:39 PM

Jan 2020
I really loved this episode. I was waiting to see more of Fushiguro and learn about his backstory, plus I think he's intriguing. I'm now very hyped for next week's episode. In previous arcs/episodes, they had to be apart and work on their own, but I enjoy when all three of them are together and helping each other out. They make a really nice team and I'm here for it
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 12, 2021 2:47 PM

Nov 2018
I loved this episode so much. We got to see more of the trio together and their friendship is the cutest. Nobara and Yuji really do share a single brain cell. Can't wait for the next two episodes because it will be absolutely amazing!!
Mar 12, 2021 2:48 PM

May 2018
I hope Megumi's sister will be okay
Mar 12, 2021 2:51 PM

Mar 2017
Starting to dig into Fushiguro's background now as we take a peek into his personal life! So cool how Yuuji & Nobara are 100% there for him without intruding into something that is obviously quite painful for him - friendship goals!

I found it hilarious how all the delinquents are scared of Fushi since he's so reserved and calm 😄
Mar 12, 2021 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
yuji: i'm suprised there are ppl dumber than me!

me: yeah yuji, i'm suprised too but why do you sound happy?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.