Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work! CODE BLACK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2021 6:14 PM

Jan 2018
I am really enjoying this anime. I like the tone of it more than it's originator (though that one if fun too).

I have a sudden urge to take really good care of my kidneys.... wonder why?
Jan 28, 2021 8:31 PM

Apr 2018
Man the Kidney Stones really look terrifying in this. Quite a tough episode to watch since many of the important cells are dying and like one of the cells said " If we barely keep on top of fighting this, then one day we will..."

PSA Taking care of your body is importnat.
Jan 28, 2021 9:08 PM

Jul 2016
After having watched this episode, I'm simply grateful I never suffered from kidney stones. That shit looked painful as hell.

Also damn, kidney cells can't regenerate? That's kinda scary to know, not gonna lie.

So next episode will be about the effects of Caffeine on our bodies, uh? Looking forward to it since I admit I consume it almost on a daily basis.
Jan 28, 2021 10:27 PM

Jan 2020
Baba-sama! Why!!

That scene at the end, what was it? histamine? alcohol? ... forget it, i saw the preview of the next episode lol

To all, drink enough water, do not overdo it with alcoholic and sugary drinks please!
ldanesJan 28, 2021 10:33 PM

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jan 28, 2021 11:18 PM
Sep 2019
I think this should be given a new name called Cells at Work Code: DEATH, because some of the way the cells died in the episode looked a bit scary.
Jan 28, 2021 11:25 PM

Jan 2010
For me, it´s funny how a show that´s the anime version of "Once Upon a Time... Life", that we used to see in school back in the day, has one of the best ost of the season.
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Jan 29, 2021 2:34 AM

Oct 2008
antibiotics the drug wherein you would have trouble buying because it needs doctors updated true prescription!
4/5.

Jan 29, 2021 6:18 AM

Oct 2017
Ouch that's gotta hurt bad, stones in kidney is just...
Jan 29, 2021 6:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kidney. A silent organ. Even though its classified as one of the smallest organ in the body, its contribution just too big to handle. Because they were filtering all of the rbc, and the damage directly impact the pain. Then, without that place, imagine how dirty our rbc will look like, and how sufferred the owner with all of those damage. And man, show some mercy to those bunch of nice girls at your kidney. They were working in silence, and, yet, never felt any emotion before that infection. So, yeah, in short, fortunately the antibiotics and laser system arrived, to once again, saved the body. Rip older glomeruli cells, and keep working, in silence, y'all ....

Also, man, just, how much the external help that body got from all of those healthy problem, really ridiculous xd. The brain cell looked very anxious with that state of emergency. Instead of the healthier substance, the owner of the body even secreted caffeine as the temporary temptation. Holy shit. Another bad parade for the gangs in the next episode.

The second also, Platelet-chans appeared again closed all of those mess alone. Ofc, still at their 'no matter what' mode. Good respond xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 29, 2021 7:56 AM

Oct 2016
Code Black really likes to kill the senpai's gaddamn, that was a great episode. I can't imagine how painful kidney stones are and I don't want to know. This body keeps getting saved by antibiotics, but there's only so much that antibiotics can do.

Looks like were going to get a caffeine focused episode next week. Time to head to the main series to erase the depression.
Jan 29, 2021 9:35 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode made me feel uneasy. Kidney Stones are no joke especially when you are pissing blood. This guys body is slowly knocking on death's door. It's just a matter of time.
Jan 29, 2021 10:48 AM

Aug 2015
R.I.P Grandma Glomerulus
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 29, 2021 10:49 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was very painful to watch. As someone who doen't have this experience, I can tell it's hell. Someone once told me "You shouldn't have these kidney stones. The pain is very sharp" and by that, I can tell it's no joke. Seriously, the kidney is so silent it's scary >_< Intense episode by the way.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 29, 2021 2:26 PM
Nov 2017
I noticed the score is decreasing, why's that? This is a such a good anime.
Jan 29, 2021 4:04 PM

Feb 2012
Granny Glomerulus pull a heck of a heroic sacrifice....

Messages to take away from this episode:

• Kidney stones are painful and disgusting af (from the stones themselves and the risk of infection from both passing and treating it)
  • It's ok to cry...

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 29, 2021 6:42 PM

Feb 2018
the MC has harem protagonist EX, too bad this isn't a romance anime, all they have is pain
Jan 29, 2021 7:47 PM

Jan 2018
Good episode, I didn't know that kidney cells can't regenerate, ngl that's kinda scary.
Next episode is going to be about caffeine, that's going to be interesting.
Jan 29, 2021 7:59 PM

Oct 2010
The best episode by far. I don't comment pretty often on this anime as I am kind of conflicted on the tone it tries to set and how it sets it, but when it works, it works great. It hit with the whole feeling of hopelessness from being in a doomed body and it did so well at it.
Jan 29, 2021 8:06 PM

Dec 2020
"THIS IS A SILENT ORGAN! ALL Y'ALL SHUT UP!"

Feels in my silly cells show? WTF?

This is a mood:

phantomfandom said:
Next episode about Caffeine might be milder, since it's a thing that get consumed by several billions of people, it can't be that bad?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj_AOzSSDMM
(Actually, ChubbyEmu is basically just Cells at Work Black IRL.)
Jan 30, 2021 2:56 AM
Jan 2021
LeighV1 said:
I think this should be given a new name called Cells at Work Code: DEATH, because some of the way the cells died in the episode looked a bit scary.

All things considered, it makes sense because a medical Code Black is a deceased person being taken into the ER from what I read in the medical dictionary. It can refer to other serious crises in a hospital as well including physical threats, infant abductions, bomb threats, things like that. In any case, it's dire.
Jan 30, 2021 4:59 AM

Feb 2014
I thank my lucky stars that I've never experienced what it's like to have kidney stones. The way it's portrayed in this episode makes it look really painful and worrisome. =(

Once again, the host body relies on modern medicine to defeat the bacteria, but the commander T Cell does worry that relying on that option too much might mean that worse crisis in the future will happen.

The way that the kidneys were portrayed as a traditional Japanese bathhouse was a nice touch. It was a shame that the Grandma was killed in the attack, although she did well to protect the younger Glumerulus cell.

Next up will be caffeine, something that everyone consumes daily, although I guess the host body chugs it down like it has gone out of fashion, so we'll see how the side effects are shown next time.
Jan 30, 2021 7:00 AM

Dec 2020
Meta_Yoshi said:
Once again, the host body relies on modern medicine to defeat the bacteria, but the commander T Cell does worry that relying on that option too much might mean that worse crisis in the future will happen.

He's not wrong. Using antibiotics means microorganisms evolve to be resistant to them and they're evolving faster than we can make new ones as it is. *Overusing* antibiotics means they evolve even faster than necessary.

China is especially bad about overusing antibiotics. They pass them out like lollipops at a pediatrician's office. It's not unusual for a person to go into a clinic with some sniffles and be given a full course of broad spectrum antibiotics which is kind of like fighting field mice with nuclear bombs.
Jan 30, 2021 1:55 PM

Jun 2015
I seriously cried through this one. My precious glomeruli are dying and never coming back so are my brain cells. I should go to bed early T_T
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 30, 2021 4:36 PM

Dec 2019
It's only a matter of time before a superbug that can resist the antibiotics appears in the body.
Here we go again...
Jan 30, 2021 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
New menace appeared. This gonna be more dangerous than before one.
Jan 30, 2021 9:04 PM

Sep 2020
This episode felt like those videos on the internet of people getting hit in the nuts and you are able to feel the pain they went through. I can imagine the unbearable pain of having a kidney stone ripping through cells walls and I don't like it, especially when they inserted that tube into there.
I wonder what's gonna happen to the white blood cells, it seems like they just keep getting barely saved by drugs and stuff, I wonder if there is gonna be enough white blood cells to hold off the threats or the drugs might not come one day.

Jan 30, 2021 9:04 PM

Feb 2014
The owner of this body needs a good beating. Making the Glumureli cell cry is a serious offense.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 31, 2021 12:07 AM
Apr 2020
Take care of yourself. Take everything in moderation. Everything that you took in excess is dangerous!

Jan 31, 2021 2:41 AM

Jan 2011
When they described the kidney stones I could feel it a bit. Something I hope to never experience.

Also gotta feel for the cells that got washed out with the urine.

btamamura said:
LeighV1 said:

All things considered, it makes sense because a medical Code Black is a deceased person being taken into the ER from what I read in the medical dictionary. It can refer to other serious crises in a hospital as well including physical threats, infant abductions, bomb threats, things like that. In any case, it's dire.
Plus here it's referring to black companies. So nice double meaning.
ReaperCreeperJan 31, 2021 2:50 AM
Jan 31, 2021 2:48 AM
Oct 2019
This episode.. how they made me feel for grandma death...
The music just really hit you...
Another great Storytelling...

Kidney Stone eww that must be so much pain... And i don't want to know how it feel...

Holy shit i just learned from this episode Kidney Cell couldn't regenerate.. that's really scary...
Drink more water, stop alcohol...

Thanks to Antibiotics saving the day and killing all the bacteria, but you can't always depends on Antibiotics...

Next episode Caffeine???
Damn I'm scare to find out the consequences...
Since i love drinking Coffee....
Jan 31, 2021 7:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kidney stones... so many bad memories from when I was younger and suffered from this disease, so it was probably the most disturbing episode for me so far xD but I still liked it
Jan 31, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2017
TIL Kidney Cells don't regenerate and we have a set amount since birth, that's kinda scary to think about

regarding the episode, I can't help but cringe everytime the stone is shown oh god
Feb 5, 2021 4:58 AM

Mar 2009
My enormous sympathies to anyone who had to deal with kidney stones. This was a painful episode to watch. Reminds me of when I was at a restaurant with a friend once. For some reason, he got into this big story about his experience passing one. I shit you not - I almost fainted in the restaurant.

Kidney stones sound horrifying.
Feb 6, 2021 10:45 PM

Mar 2016
Just wondering what this poor worker's health bills are coming to. Sure, they've been able to get along with some over the counter drugs in the past, but this time it was definitely a trip to the doctors'/hospital (although that tube clearly wasn't fully sterilised).

The kidneys are another indicator of how amazing, but also how stupidly inefficient biology can be at times. All the expendable cells that do minor jobs constantly being regenerated, but the organ with a major role of waste filtration? No regenerating of cells, it's just a ticking time-bomb =_=
Feb 9, 2021 6:13 AM

Oct 2013
I've never wanted to have sex with my kidney as much as I do right now!!!! Glomeuli for the win! Sexy traditional Japanese cellssssssss woooooo
Feb 11, 2021 9:51 AM

Aug 2016
Dude has really good doctor, if nothing else.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2021 3:21 PM

Apr 2018
Martin_Taylor said:
Dude has really good doctor, if nothing else.

Well, not that good if he/she let bacteria onto the endoscope. Those quirurgic appliances need to be perfectly sterile when used.

My theory is that the pain of the stones was so much that the guy went to the first surgeon at hand and it wasn't a very good one. They probably used a second hand endoscope to do the operation.
Mar 23, 2021 6:25 AM

Feb 2020
Sad episode again. R.I.P grandma. :(

SerafosMay 18, 9:16 PM
Jun 11, 2021 3:42 PM

Sep 2007
Given my profession, I really enjoyed this episode

Dec 23, 2021 4:05 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing red blood in pee is already scary AF but I can't imagine the pain.

Mar 11, 2022 8:22 AM

Apr 2016
That Kidney stone was painful to watch.
Mar 15, 2022 10:29 AM

Aug 2021
If the original series was a bright and cheerful look at the workings of a relatively healthy human body, Cells at Work BLACK is quite the opposite: the body is stressed, exhausted, its owner makes lousy health decisions... All of which will affect red blood cells, white blood cells and other (familiar, but different) organisms that find themselves facing an almost lost fight in advance to keep the body going and moving forward.
If the original series was a bright and cheerful look at the workings of a relatively healthy human body, Cells at Work BLACK is quite the opposite: the body is stressed, exhausted, its owner makes lousy health decisions... All of which will affect red blood cells, white blood cells and other (familiar, but different) organisms that find themselves facing an almost lost fight in advance to keep the body going and moving forward...
Jun 5, 2022 1:08 AM

Jan 2010
A thing I like about Code Black is how these ailments and health issues are fairly commonplace, and therefore harrowing to see enacted. Had these episodes featured rare or exotic diseases, they'd still be frightening, but it's hard to empathize and connect with since they'd be so obscure. With something like kidney stones, it's absolutely possible to hear about, have someone in our lives affected, or directly afflicted in one's life. It's a good way to try and keep viewers informed and proactive in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Feb 4, 2023 5:54 AM

Apr 2013
So no overeating for me anymore either? Damn, I really do a lot of stuff that hurts my body, eh?
Mar 16, 2023 8:47 AM

Dec 2022
This guy's health is fucked. Drugs and steroids to treat every issue. I wonder if this series will have an ending where he ends up eventually dying, with all the cells along with him.

Shaded Horizon

May 20, 2023 6:10 PM

Jul 2016
Love how they showed Macrophages moving slower by having them walk at a maidenly pace.

I know this body is already in rough shape as it is but I'm lowkey hoping those two senior blood cells get a satisfying death or something (the beareded one adn the other guy, not the MC rookies)
May 23, 2023 1:56 AM

Aug 2019
At the very least, he can afford adequate healthcare.

I feel bad for the Platelets, they’re always sad.

Rip grandma

And he’s drinking again, dude could care less about his health.
Jul 8, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2021
Kidney stones... exactly a week ago I just visited my friend who had kidney stones. I'll show him this episode and tell him to watch this.

Haaaa... what's that at the end? Is it alcohol? If it's really alcohol then the owner of this body is really expecting death to come to him. He had just almost lost one of his kidneys...

Next week's episode will probably be a lot of fun. Let's talk about caffeine!

Apr 19, 9:55 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
The most things I concerned when watching this anime is what the hell is happening with this dude body, how sick is he
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Jan 7, 2021

178 by Seraschi »»
May 14, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 18, 2021

159 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 20, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Do you love your body?

Shizuna - Apr 8

7 by johnythepvpgod »»
Apr 12, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 25, 2021

110 by Penguinu »»
Jan 12, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 4, 2021

68 by Distrekzy »»
Sep 27, 2023 7:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.